- 13+ years of experience in Information technologies with emphasis on Finance domain.
- Experienced in Requirement Analysis, Design, Development and Testing.
- Expertise in Programming, Database querying, Reporting and Automation.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, and a quick learner.
Programming Languages: Python, R Prog, VB 6.0, MS Office, Word VBA, Excel VBA, Outlook VBA, Access VBA, Lotus 123, VC++ 6.0, Java, HTML, CSS, SQL/PL - SQL, XML
Financial Applications: ORACLE Financials 11i, Lawson Financials
Tools: KNIME, Developer 2000, Toad, Visual SourceSafe 6.0, Oracle ADI, ServiceNow
Technologies: ASP, ADO, DOM, BOM, LAN, .NET, ODBC
Software Engineering: Requirement analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Data analysis and Reporting, ETL, Automation, QA
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with global team, supporting a team of approx. ‘10’ PMs/Director with business analysis, data analysis and metrics collection, metrics reporting, metric analysis, and report automation using Tableau and Excel VBA, connecting to various data sources and databases, including global/local filtering, parameter passing, and charting features.
- Proficient with SQL coding.
- Created dashboards for team updates, status tracking, quarterly status reporting, and decision making.
- Interacted with internal teams to collect data and project status.
- Reporting included Data Analysis and Excel based automation, Pivot tables, VLookups, Charts, Graphs, formulas, VBA coding, connectivity with external data sources, conditional formatting, and data consolidation.
- Created interactive Tableau dashboards and Spreadsheets.
- Created dynamic PowerPoint dashboards connecting to excel templates.
- Monitored, analyzed and reviewed data/reports for data quality, accuracy; resolved and fixed data issues.
- Periodically updated metrics on internal reporting systems.
- Extracting and reporting on headcount and budget data from Essbase.
- Extract purchase orders from Teradata for account reconciliation purposes, automate reporting in Tableau.
- Gathered metrics, provided trend analysis for DCPS/CIO reviews.
- Automated reporting for remedy case trend analysis in MS Excel, saving significant amount of time and manpower. Provided assistance to storage team on remedy case reduction analysis.
- Automated VM Utilization reporting (CiRBA) in MS-Excel for GIS/IT Service interlock meetings (client engagement meetings) on a quarterly basis. Saved time and manpower.
- Migrated Excel based reports to Tableau dashboards.
- Worked both in structured and unstructured environments.
Environment: Tableau, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Teradata, MS Excel 2010 Formulas/Templates, PowerPoint 2010, Hyperion Essbase, MS Access and SAP Business Objects, Smartsheets, CSV files, ServiceNow
Business Systems Analyst
- Quarterly incentive compensation processing, validation, analysis. Distribution of incentive compensation reports and quarterly bonus payments.
- Consolidated huge amounts of data into templates for data input. Check for data integrity, data cleansing, data issues, missing data.
- Investigated and resolved Sales Bonus related service tickets.
- Identified and communicated process issues to resolution.
- Participated in UAT for new Sales Processing System. Created Test Scenarios & Test Cases. Identified, logged and maintained bugs in Bug Tracking System.
- Data comparison - Reports generated using manual process Vs. Canned reports from Sales Processing tool.
- Answered enquiries on current and historic bonus targets and actual bonus.
- Created ad-hoc reports in excel. Created PowerPoint presentations linking to data in Excel.
Environment: MS Excel 2010 Formulas/Templates, GUTS, Buganizer, Trix, PowerPoint 2010, GSP, Chrome
Business Systems Analyst
- Projects included Forecasting, Reforecasting, Predictive Forecasting and Reporting.
- Analyzed end-user functional and technical requirements; documented and developed solutions using computer technology. Enhanced functionality of existing tools/systems.
- Designed the database; developed manual and machine procedures and detailed specifications.
- Provided reports and metrics for finance teams including Revenue Analysis, Sales Ops, Credit & Collections, FP&A, GL Accounting and Legal groups.
- Provided enhancements / maintenance support for all existing reports and programs used by finance groups.
- Used Access 2007 to pull data from SQL Server and other databases for reporting purposes.
- Built Integrated MS Office applications/tools for different groups in the finance department.
- Built tools to run at scheduled times so the data in financial reports is automatically updated.
- Created batch files and used Windows Scheduler to run scheduled tasks.
- Created tables, designed modules to reorganize data in specified format.
- Automated pulling/updating/appending data to/from different databases.
- Created advanced Access queries to process data. Created Pivot tables.
- Created tables, SQL queries, data extraction routines to import/export data from the repositories.
- Collected, correlated and processed large amounts of data from various sources.
- Developed templates and reports for analysis and presentation purposes.
Environment: MS Excel/Access 2007, Excel/Access VBA/Macros/Templates, Visual Basic 6.0, MS Outlook, Windows XP, SQL Server 2008, SQL, DOS Programming
Sr. App. Developer/Data Analyst
- Analyzed and interpreted existing Lotus 1-2-3 reporting templates and converted them to Excel 2003 with enhanced functionality. Performed quality checks on the report data.
- Created new dynamic templates with Excel VBA/macros.
- Template coding involved linking numerous spreadsheets, VLookups, data analysis/import/manipulation, formulas, calculations and financial information.
- Automated importing of data from numerous CSV and Excel files.
- Created Excel AddIns to import data from SQL Server for reporting purposes.
- Created technical specifications and user documents for new reporting templates.
- Created test plan templates for Q/A team.
- Fixed issues, made enhancements and Integrated Excel into Access based Ticketing System application.
- Used SharePoint for document management. Handled projects from conception till production.
Environment: MS Excel 2003, Lotus 1-2-3 Release 5, Excel/Lotus 123 VBA/Macros/Templates, VSTS 2010 MS Access 2003, Visual Basic 6.0, MS Outlook, MS Share Point 2003, Windows XP, SQL Server, Excel Add-Ins
Sr. EForms Developer/Analyst
- Worked as part of EForms Management team. Involved in MS Office migration (Ver ).
- Worked on Office 2003 Compatibility testing and Remediation.
- Excel/Word/Outlook VB/VBA based EForms Development for new and existing English and French templates as per business requirements.
- Performed Code/Database analysis, development, clean-up, standardization, optimization, modularization, protection-check as part of the migration project (BDP 2.0).
- Analyzed existing code and created requirements documents and tested EForms.
- Fixed bugs and made changes/enhancements to the existing templates.
- Converted existing Outlook VBA based forms/templates to Excel VBA forms/templates.
- Investigated and develop a strategy for protected EForms/Smart forms development.
- Coding included developing data entry screens/forms, securing macros/worksheets/workbooks/documents, creating standard procedures/functions, vLookups, calculations etc.
- Create Queries in Access database to pull data for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Developed Coding Standards/Best Practices document for the department.
- Used SharePoint for document management. Mentored junior members of the team.
Environment: MS Access 97, MS Office 2000/2003, Excel/Word/Outlook VBA/Macros, Visual Basic 6.0MS Share Point 2003, Windows 2000 Prof, HP Quality Center 9.2 (Formerly Test Director), SQL, Templates, Forms
Sr. MS Office Developer/Analyst
- Designed, developed and maintained MS Access database, forms, queries and reports.
- Designed and developed data entry screens in Access and Excel for accessing and modifying data.
- Developed and generated ad-hoc reports for review by management. Reporting involved data extractions from various databases including MS Access, Excel and CMIS systems.
- Query database to filter information and generate reports to provide a quick snapshot to management.
- Maintained data integrity and performed updates. Performed ETL as part of reporting.
- Designed and developed user friendly English and French Excel/Word templates and forms for data entry and collection by business. Designed data input sheets using data from various databases for entry into CMIS system.
- Coded VBA to integrate data from multiple Excel spreadsheets and transfer it to MS Access database.
- Gathered data and performed Q/A to identify data issues and resolve them. Performed data fixes, cleanup, consolidation and quality management. Maintain data consistency and data integrity.
- Documented the design and functionality, changes and upgrades to the database for maintenance purposes.
- Programmed Word Mail merging to produce confidential letters/documents using Excel database.
- Confidential documents included Agreement, Letter of Offer, Budget allocation sheets, Statement of Work and related Annexes. Automate creation of PDF documents. WordPerfect Programming.
- Formulating statements of business and system requirements.
- Responsible for Advanced Word and Excel VBA Programming, use of Pivot Tables, VLookup function & formulas, database linking & advanced mail merging.
- Performed detailed analyses of business requirements, prepared systems and programming specifications to design and develop applications to meet these requirements.
- Integrated Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PDF applications to automate mail-merged document generation, Outlook emails. Synchronized data between multiple files.
- Mentored ‘2’ data entry persons to use the templates, internal systems & processes.
Environment: MS Access 2003, Access VBA, MS Excel 2003, Excel VBA/macros/templates, Word VBA/macros/templates, MS Outlook 2003, Outlook VBA, SQL, Corel WordPerfect 10 macros/scripting, Windows XP, CMIS (Application tracking system), GCRS (Oracle based Reporting system), Lotus Notes 6.5, SQL, ADO, ODBCMS Query, Document and Spreadsheet Programming
Sr. Word VBA Developer/Analyst
- Worked on Insurance Policy Management System application to generate word documents (Submission/Quote/Proposal documents) as the end product.
- Developed and maintained Word VBA macros to format the word documents.
- Created and modified word templates and integrated them with internal Oracle based application to generate dynamic documents. Developed reports using Crystal Reports.
- Automating tasks using Word & Excel VBA.
- Developed Visual Basic Add-ins and modularized the existing code. Developed DLLs for reusability of code.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining Oracle database to maintain metadata used for producing insurance related documents. Written advanced queries in SQL.
- Used TOAD, SQL*Plus to access Oracle database. Created and executed SQL release Scripts for code deployment in Oracle.
- Reviewed service tickets. Investigated and fixed bugs, defects, data issues. Identified an appropriate solution and made modifications in production systems.
- Involved in developing, testing, maintaining, and documenting internal applications according to standards.
- Standardized MS-Word documents and templates through out the organization.
- Created and maintained code library. Created and maintained files on Visual SourceSafe.
- Performed comprehensive UNIT testing as part of Quality Assurance process.
- Reverse-Engineered to discover the functionality of complex metadata.
- Designed a sub-system that forms a part of a larger, more complex system.
- Synchronized data between different environments/ multiple files.
- Worked in different environments - Development, Development test, Production. Investigated to identify inconsistencies and synchronized data between different work environments.
Environment: Visual Basic 6.0, Word VBA, Excel VBA, Oracle 10g, SQL*Plus 10, Toad for Oracle 9.5Visual SourceSafe 8.0, Quality Assurance, MS Office 2003, Lotus Notes, Crystal Reports XI, Win XP Prof