- Award - winning, seasoned Business Systems Analyst with progressively challenging experience in data/business/systems analysis, Business Intelligence reporting/dashboards, system integrations/interfaces, data modeling/conversion, testing, GAO/SOX/508 compliance and business process reengineering in multi-agency/multi-country COTS, HRMS, ERP and CRM implementations in federal, HR, financial, education, banking, telecom, entertainment, advertising and retail industry, always exceeding expectations.
- Expert in implementing multiple full life cycle ERP/COTS/proprietary products involving requirements gathering, project management, Business Process Re-engineering, Business Process Modeling, Legacy Data Transfer, ETL, Reporting, Interfaces, Testing, Six sigma (DMAIC), SWOT analysis etc.
- Extensive experience in preparing reports in the form of visualizations such as graphs, charts and interactive dashboards in a complex environment of financial applications, batch and online processes for financial reporting from various data sources like COTS, HRMS, CRM and ERP applications.
- Expert in definition, development, testing, training, implementation and cross organizational support of multiple projects using creative and innovative methods for analysis, design, documentation and tool selection.
- Proficient in grooming meetings to solicit, review, document and refine requirements via interviews, workshops and group meetings to create, revise, validate and maintain business flow maps, business requirements, business rules, user stories, user flows, UI/UX design, wireframes and acceptance criteria.
- Expert in creating user personas, sequence diagrams, data flow diagrams, FRDs, TRDs along with reading and writing SQL codes to perform complex data analysis tasks.
- Profound in “as is” and “to be” process flow diagrams with conceptual technical and/or non-functional requirement documents to translate business requirements into technical information.
- Perfectionist in documenting and maintaining traceability of requirements while working with users and testers to lead the development of test cases and perform user acceptance testing.
- Expert in collaborating with SMEs to identify all cross-system interfaces, dependencies and requirements analyzing the impact of new requirements/user stories on the current application from both a business and technical perspective.
- Highly skilled in SDLC/ODLC creating RACI models and RICEFW requirements and experience with GAAP, ability to recognize trends and design solutions to mitigate issues, implement and support SLAs, KPIs and GAO/SOX/PCI initiatives following CMMI guidelines.
- Well versed with laws/regulations revolving around Financial and Accounting management, Information technology and Acquisition like FISMA, FITARA, CICA, FAR, Section 508, GPRA Modernization, OMB Circular A-131 and A-123 etc.
- Highly techno-functional to explain and promote user acceptance of new systems and business processes to individuals at all levels while capitalizing on emerging software and hardware options.
- Expertise in using multiple BI Tools to connect to variety of Datasets to collect, examine and present data to analyze and visualize complex questions with ease and to make forecasts and trends to minimize risk and increase profits.
- Expert in financial reporting tools like Momentum Financials, Delphi, Financial Statement Generator from Oracle General ledger, Hyperion Financial Management, SAP Crystal Reports, SAP Finance & Controlling, Oracle EBusiness Suite, General Dynamics General Ledger etc.
- Practitioner for continuous process improvement to maximize ROI and minimize TCO.
Lead Business Systems Analyst
- Acted as a Subject Matter expert for the Reconciliation between the new implemented subledger systems, legacy subledger system, SharePoint and EDGAR as the source system on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Built and analyzed reports for Branch Chief, executives, ICFR and GAO fulfilling internal and external reporting needs.
- Managed several OFM projects including Treasury’s Pay.Gov solution based on Treasury’s directive to replace accepting check payments with ACH payments.
- Supported multiple applications and reports built on SharePoint, Visual Basic and Access.
- Managed, designed UI/UX and tested a web application called Registration Fee Estimator for all the companies/registrants to calculate the filing fees before submitting in EDGAR published on Drupal.
- Played a key role to help vendor company reach CMMI level 3 and win new projects.
- Contributed in reducing SOX deficiency item based on analytical research on account reviews as a correlation of total account billings to net adjustment and formulated a risk model for high risk accounts based on different attributes to improve the O&V Process, i.e. minimal audit activity to be performed on a reduced scale for high-risk accounts.
- Created interactive dashboard, published in SharePoint for collaboration and timely execution of account reviews, dunning letters, dormant accounts and other key time sensitive financial processes.
- Actively participated in architecture decisions like technology platform, supported web browsers, integration middleware, rules engines, volume, mobile device access, 508 compliance, hosting, integration strategy, data conversion, project scope and information security compliance that program must adhere to with regards to all the federal laws and guidance, including OMB, NIST and FISMA.
- Followed Client partnership Management Framework (CPMF) based on industry standards - Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and (ISO) 9001-certified quality system.
- Actively participated in the Make, Buy, Reuse Analysis based on DAR (Decision Analysis and Resolution Process), reviewed and recommended selection of third-party analytical reporting tool.
- Created and implemented a model for cost-benefit analysis for account reviews of dormant accounts.
- Analyzed feasibility for in house application development including logical view, process view, data view and implementation view along with the modules/components that the current solution will add or change including assumptions, dependencies and constraints.
- Analyzed and tested various Interfaces like User Interface, Software Interface, Hardware Interface and Communication Interface with new/existing system interfaces (internal/external), In & Out parameters, monitoring and error handling.
- Baselined designed document and prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix to capture details design against each low-level requirement.
- Created Knowledge Document for possible troubleshooting scenarios and risk mitigation steps for continuous improvement while analyzing and testing performance Targets like System Availability and system response time.
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
- Created project plans including Project charter, business architecture, design specification, WBS, project schedule and milestones and monitored project progress, resolved issues and provided management with regular and accurate project status updates.
- Performed strategic planning, investment analysis, resource planning and developed project evaluation standards while formulating testing strategy and approach, defining critical success factors, metrics etc.
- Performed market feasibility study including site analysis, economic trends, supply and demand, projecting performance and statements of estimated annual operating results.
- Performed application and vendor evaluation, created Statements of Work (SOWs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
K12 , Herndon, VA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Identified how the application functions will be used to support the business processes along with primary data sources that are required for each function while capturing requirements with user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Analyzed, planned and designed the complete process model for HRMS, customer information system, vendor information system, finance, pricing, sales, payment gateway, policy and procedures.
- Created data visualizations and opportunities to discover data patterns such as customer purchase behavior, sales trends and production bottlenecks.
- Designed and implemented new Chart of Accounts and accounting structure, configured FSG to generate financial reports, such as income statements and balance sheets, based on new accounting string.
- Renegotiated and saved more than $100,000.00(40%) in existing vendor contracts.
- Based on reporting trends formulated strategy to improve success criteria in state examinations for home schoolers.
- Facilitated focus groups for RICEF definitions and Best Practices for various Business Process Procedures.
- Involved in Structure Definition Documentation, Reports Master List for Business Units, High-Level Org Structure Definition and Target Reporting Requirements and Reporting Design Document.
- Provided recommendations to leverage the financial systems to improve operational efficiencies while creating Future Business Processes document and GAP FIT document.
- Responsible for the development of architecture of all interfaces and data conversion during migration.
- Designed UI/UX, managed and implemented internal and external interfaces across multiple systems and platforms like HRMS, banks, Student enrollment systems and various proprietary applications and analytical reporting.
- Responsible for data scrubbing and master data management for suppliers and customers.
- Formulated, designed and implemented SOX remediation processes addressing management assessment of internal financial controls, including IT based—general controls over the IT environment as well as application-specific controls.
Confidential , Dulles, VA
Team Lead/Sr. Systems Analyst
- Technical Lead for enterprise Architecture team supporting end-user production tickets/queues, applications/systems alerts on a daily and ongoing basis for 52+ applications.
- Configured SFDC, Tableau and Cognos for analytics and dashboard type data analysis for senior management and SAP BW for SMEs for financial and HRMS systems.
- Created interactive Dashboards for executives in Tableau and helped user export Results from Tableau into MS Office tool like PowerPoint, Word etc.
- Implemented a Loan and Collections system DataMart interfacing with SAP and Sales Force for Ad.com that would alert the collectors daily according to the risk model and would dynamically change the customers profile.
- Formulated user acceptance testing documents, demonstrated prototypes, involved in the integration testing, performance testing and stress testing.
- Responsible for resolutions of defects, quality audit/TollGate reviews in line with Six Sigma (DMAIC).
- Tech/Ops liaison for HP Partner and Shared Services, responsible for producing executive metrics dashboard.
- Identified 11 processes and controls as SOX significant, defined the scope and amount of testing required and led tests of IT-related controls working closely with various departments like Finance and Accounting.
- Migrated Ab Initio graphs, data mart databases and environments from Egenera blade server and Redbrick database to Netezza improving efficiency i.e. job completion in 4 hours vs. 14 hours.
- Implemented integration of NOC with Nagios alarm and on-call, configuring applications to be monitored by Nagios.
- Created plan for security assessment and authorization (SA&A), utilized ability to integrate with Active Directory using Kerberos authentication method for client single sign-on.
- Hired, trained and lead an offshore team in India to support 24x7x365, 52+ applications with Oncall support.
- Worked on RHEL, JBoss application server and Java EE technologies ( Servlets, SOA, web services and JSP, resolving hardware, software and network issues including WAN /LAN on windows Server farms, database and Citrix systems.
Confidential , CA
- Gathered requirements to build a financial “On line Access” application along with portfolio management to allow customers to make online payments, maintain their profile and to contact customer service.
- Developed various artifacts including FRD, TRD, RTM, Use Cases and UML diagrams.
- Performed Gap Analysis on implementing SAP ERP system for different modules like GL, AP, AR and AA after AS-Is study of the business. Configured Dunning, Interest Calculation and Credit Management.
Reporting Tools/ ETL: Power BI, Pentaho, OBIEE, SAP BW, Hyperion, COGNOS, BOBJ, Tableau, Ab Initio, Netezza, Daytona, Informatica, Talend
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile (Scrum), ITIL, RUP, Waterfall, ASAP, AIM, ODLC
ERP/CRM: Momentum 12, Oracle eBS 12.3.1, SFDC, SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 6.0, Hyperion Financial Management 9.3, General Dynamics GP 10.0, AXSOne
GUI/Tools/Middleware: SharePoint, Clarity, ODM, IDEA Server, Oracle Fusion, DOORS, JIRA, ServiceNow, VersionOne, BMC Remedy, RequisitePro, MS Project, Visio, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Rally, HP Mercury Suite, ARIS Express, Toad, AtTask, Planview, Primavera Teamplay, DBArtisan, AutoSys, Knoa, EAI, Confluence
OS/DBMS: RHEL, mangoDB, Oracle, Windows Server, HP-UNIX, LINUX, Sun Solaris, Sybase, MS SQL Server
Internet Technologies/Scripting Lang: Web-Logic, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, FaaS, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JDBC, VMWare, Java (J2EE), ASP, AspUpload, LDAP, Active Directory, XML, html, VB, PERL, VI editor
COTS products: EDGAR, CMP (Tangoe), Tririga, Orbital Gateway (Chase Paymentech), Chase Insight (JP Morgan), Documentum(EMC), PTMS (Tax Compliance), UltiPro, Vertex, KOFAX