- Analytical, talented and accomplished Business Analyst with 8+years of diversified experience including strong Business Analysis experience in Healthcare, Retail and Technology Industries is seeking an opportunity which will utilize and in corporate my current skills and experience, as well as expand them to assist the organization in being successful.
- Hands on experience as a Business Analyst in Web based applications, data archiving and critical data extraction from legacy systems.
- Exceptional ability in gathering user interface requirements and documenting them as Functional specifications and use cases employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Strong hands - on experience with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and proficient in working with lifecycles such as Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming (XP).
- Extensive experience in writing Use case diagram, Sequence diagram, Process flows, Functional Requirements, Vision document, Risks and Costs analysis.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case and Visio which involves Requirement Management using Use Case modeling, Dataflow process modeling.
- Excellent experience in developing and executing Test Approach documents, test plans, test scenarios, test procedures, test cases, test data and test scripts according to business and design specifications.
- Excellent Documentation skills to generate Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Comprehensive understanding of the Organizational Framework that help to map the AS-IS and TO-BE model using the GAP Analysis and plan and monitor effective approach to build/buy solutions to the business problems/needs/opportunities.
- Experience in end user testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Technology: Windows 98/2000, Windows server 2003, Windows XP, DOS, Linux
Languages: Java 1.4, JSP, JDBC, Java Beans, XML, XSLT, C, C++, SQL.
Databases: MS: SQL Server 2003, Oracle 8, MS Access, oracle 11g
Web Servers: Jakarta: Tomcat 4.0, IIS 6.0
Source Control Tools: CVS, Visual SourceSafe
Modeling: Rational Rose, MS Visio, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Enterprise Architect
QA Tools: Test Diretor, Winrunner, Bugzilla, Ontime, HP Quality Center, Rally
Business Systems Analyst
- Analyzed business problems/opportunities to define and clarify project scope.
- Conducted workshops during initial phase of the project which helped in identifying fits and gaps with different business work streams such as enrollment, claims, professional relations (provider relations) and finance.
- Collected and analyzed business requirements to support GAPS between both the systems and created acceptance criteria to confirm and manage expectations with the business.
- Transferred knowledge to the technical team to ensure requirements and expected results are clarified.
- Prepared accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides and functional specification documents.
- Documented the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtained appropriate sign offs.
- Participated in FITS and regression testing, coordinated User Acceptance testing and compiled results.
- Managed change requests and escalated issues as needed.
- Led and successfully implemented DCM application conversion to IMUA, DDILs in-house application which maintained HMO providers, their facilities and reports.
Environment: Agile, SDLC, Microsoft Visio, MS Excel (XP), MS Word (XP), Snagit, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, .NET Business Objects (6.0), HP Quality Center, Rally
- Assisted in project scope and planning because of my knowledge in previous projects within Confidential .
- Analyzed operational procedures and methods to recommend changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Involved with all phases of SDLC and worked closely with the team.
- Worked closely with SMEs in highly collaborative and team-oriented environment to identify, analyze and document core requirements and key features of the ongoing project.
- Validated test cases from QA and UAT to ensure that the requirements are met
- Collaborated with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Determined the scope of healthcare policy renewal and discontinuance process impacting business functions (enrollment,, Policy fulfillment and billing)
- Gathered and documented business requirements for healthcare insurance policy renewals using interviews, requirements workshops, business process descriptions and JAD sessions.
- Involved with all phases of SDLC and worked closely with the team to understand new business and technical potential.
- Reviewed test plans and tested the final application for usability testing to verify whether all the user requirements were catered to by the application.
- Consolidated and documented risks and defects related to policy renewal within enrollment system.
- Performed Data Cleansing, Data validation and Data Mapping for enrollment and interface.
- Managed and conducted new functionality demonstration related to enrollment system to business.
- Single point of contact for trainers and process analysts to reach out for IMDR enrollment modification updates.
- Elicited requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, and task/workflow analysis.
- Interviewed client users & managers to understand and create functional requirements
- Identified functionality gaps and mapping the source (AS-IS) and target (TO-BE) structures as per blueprint for a project.
- Critically evaluated information gathered from multiple sources, reconciled conflicts, decomposed high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and identified the underlying needs/requirements driving user requests.
- Documented, defined and reviewed detailed business and functional requirements.
- Worked closely with developers and architects to define and deploy business solutions.
- Acted as the liaison between business/user group representatives and system development personnel during development efforts.
- Reviewed test plans with testing group to ensure business requirements are met.
- Involved with all phases of SDLC (analysis, design, coding, testing, and deployment).
- Performed system support of developed applications through the unique combination of business and system analysis, quality assurance, UAT assistance and post-implementation product support.
- Responsible for identifying and tracking issues/defects and risks related to system.
- Documented changes and created troubleshooting guides.
- Analyzed impact of proposed solution across the business and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
- Ensured that project milestones are identified and tracked, project documents are developed and approved, and that project reporting is provided for all stakeholders and team members in a timely manner.
Environment: Agile, SDLC, Microsoft Visio, MS Excel (XP), MS Access (XP), Erwin Data Modeler, PL/SQL, Business Objects (6.0), MS Word (XP), J2EE, HP Quality Center, Mingle, XML
- Led the marketing team effort in designing highly scalable re-programmed website using Microsoft .NET and SQL Server platform.
- Elicited and gathered user and business requirements through open ended discussions, brainstorming and prototyping.
- Created detail process flow documentation based on the input from system users and understood the system architecture.
- Assisted the Project Manager in managing project resources and project timeline using MS Project and Excel.
- Performed requirement gathering for integration with the Enterprise Reporting System using Requisite Pro.
- Facilitated issue resolution of defects uncovered through testing. Participated in ad hoc testing of system interfaces with Program Participants.
- Utilized Agile framework to configure and develop process, standards and procedures.
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with the project directors and stakeholders and created Process Workflows and Functional Specifications.
- I created and managed User Stories, Product and Sprint backlogs.
- Also provided AGILE project management controls, project plans, timeline schedules, facilitated RAD sessions, and reviewed software defects.
- Worked closely with the Project Manager in handling the scope creep and analyzing its effects.
- Implemented integrated offer management system which provided a full set of features for marketing personnel to enjoy a high level of flexibility in making special offers to buyers
- Involved in updating use-cases, use-case diagrams, and workflows in First Assist to in corporate changes to existing functionalities for version enhancements using Rational Rose and Visio.
Environment: Agile,Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, MS Excel (XP), MS Access (XP), Erwin Data Modeler, PL/SQL Developer, Query Analyzer for SQL SERVER, Business Objects (6.0), MS Visio (Professional Edition), MS Word (XP), J2EE
- Liaison between stakeholders, end users, clients and managers, software development team to gather requirements.
- Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Gathered the functional and business requirements by conducting meetings and participatory Design Sessions involving major leads from the Technical Department in Agile framework.
- Assisted in modeling and documenting the end user’s AS-IS workflow and TO-BE business process.
- Performed in-depth Gap analysis with different business groups to ensure that the system initiatives are met.
- Developed and managed requirements traceability matrix to trace business and functional requirements.
- Led the team in implementing integration with Salesforce.com, Harte-Hanks, Vèrite (Event Management System), First Logic (Data Cleanser), SAS (Lead Score), DnB, Responsys, BO and various other applications.
- Created UML based diagrams using MS-Visio for Use Cases and Activity Diagrams, for better understanding of the layout of the new process.
- Replaced existing Legacy system with a new integrated/automated system, which is more efficient.
- Interview business and technical regional leaders of Salesforce.com and other applications to gather business requirements regarding Campaign management and Lead Management.
- Automated the lead flow to SFDC to make more efficient for Sales team.
- I co-managed the change control process for the entire project.
- Facilitated group meetings, one-on-one interview sessions and email correspondence with SME's to discuss the impact of change request on the project
- Extensive use of Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other MS Office products was required.
- Prepared custom reports and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification on Toad.
- Manual testing for checking the data flow of the application using SQL.
- Performed Data Cleansing, Data Migration and Data Mapping.
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance testing.
- Created UAT test scenarios and test cases and coordinated UAT.
Environment: AGILE, J2EE, XML, Adobe Flash, Yahoo Widget Toolkit, HTML, IBM Web Sphere Application Servers, Microsoft SQL 2005