- Around 8 years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle: gathering requirements, analysis and implementation of projects. Strong experience in all phases of SDLC using waterfall, Agile/Scrum, RUP.
- Experienced in Business Process Mapping, Business Analysis, and Quality Assurance, excellent analytical skills to understand the business processes and functionality, requirements and to translate them to SRS, developing functional specifications for business process refinement and automation, data modelling, creating scope documents, and conducting feasibility studies
- Developing of custom WCF web services, dialog - based workflows, plug-ins and integrating custom web pages into CRM. Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experienced in gathering business requirements, evaluating data sources, data flow modelling, object modelling, business process modelling, case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis & testing various methodologies. Extensive experience in HP Quality Centre, Jira and Bugzilla, Microsoft test Centre.
- In depth knowledge in waterfall methodology, agile scrum methodology and RUP methodology Use Cases, SDLC processes. Experience in conducting SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit and ROI Analysis.
- Experienced in conducting JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, design and RAD sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to customer and feasible for developers and to limit a project's exposure to forces of change. Expert in Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RUP methodology, Use Cases, SDLC processes.
- Expertise of UML in visualizing and documenting the arti-facts using Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Experienced in conducting GAP analysis, UAT, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts, excellent communicational, organizational and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In Depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts. Experienced in working with SQL queries for back end testing. Participated in project activities like Task Kick-off, Project Monitoring, and Project Closure etc.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines. Open to dynamic work environment and ability to work collaboratively with business analysts, testers, developers and other team members in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Excellent analytical skills in understanding the business process, understanding the functional requirements and translating them to system requirement specifications.
- Experienced in conducting JAD and RAD sessions. Conducted Requirement Gathering Sessions and interviewed Subject Matter Experts, gathered detailed functionality aspects of business process and updated the information to the requirements in an easily comprehensible format.
- Extensive experience in creating business process flow diagrams, UML tools to create Activity, Sequence, Use Case, Class, and Collaboration diagrams.
- Competent in Creating UML diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams. Experienced in working on MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Visio and MS Project.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modelling, Business Analysis and testing various methodologies.
- Experience in facilitating JRP sessions with Business User Groups, conducting JAD sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Analysed User Requirement Document, BRD, TRS and FRS.
- Worked with the Sales & Operations team in the monthly planning activities.
- Created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the Business Process and various Business Scenarios and activities of the Business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Helped IT developers design the SOA for the application based on the available resources, and the business requirements. Prepared and analysed AS IS and TO BE in the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis.
- Worked as an Interface between the Users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the Business and IT Processes. Managing IOS supply chain system implementation.
- Followed a structured approach to organize Requirements into logical groupings of essential Business Processes, Business Rules, and Information needs that ensures any Critical Requirements are not missed.
- Participate in supply chain management system implementation.
- Develop and execute SQL queries to investigate and analyse supply chain opportunities.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements. Utilized Agile/ Scrum methodologies to monitor steer and develop project objectives.
- Facilitated business users with hands on training for various existing and upcoming functionality with its scope and limitations in various stage of development and enhancement.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving and enhancing the systems functionality. Negotiated annual cost reductions with regional storage facility.
- Created Access database to manage entries, developed company import compliance program and trained employees on import compliance requirements. Managed and traced requirements using Rational Requisite pro.
- Followed the UML based methods using Microsoft Visio and Star UML to create: Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Create functional requirements, use cases, and user sign-off documentations for the data warehousing project.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology.
- Verified the Business Scenarios on new builds to allow extended testing by the QA team.
Environment: Rational Requisite pro, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Access, Agile-Scrum, MS Office Suite, Windows SQL, Unix, HPQC-ALM, MS SharePoint, Java, PLSQL, SOAP/REST Web services and SOAP UI, IBM MQ
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Assist with the analyses, development, and enhancement of workflows/processes to improve the efficiency of the closing process.
- Analyse and create reporting to ensure the current state environment and future effectiveness gains (critical success factors) are documented.
- Develop action plans for solution implementation and Compile data, analyse, and present trending results
- Worked in Loan Origination System (LOS) application for the defects and enhancements for the releases.
- Met with Client team members who were responsible for creating additional tickets in JIRA that would correspond to the tickets and coached them on how to map the information to the correct fields in JIRA.
- Use of JIRA/GIT tools for version control tracking and JIRA stories for change time estimates.
- Develop creative solutions to complex problems, validate requirements with stakeholders and provide the optimal IT solutions using JIRA. Import and export data within MS Excel and MS Dynamics CRM.
- Used MS Dynamics CRM 2011 Customization tools to customize system components such as forms, views, attributes, relationships, and entity mappings. Created workflows based on requirements from sales department
- Extensive use of JIRA in filing bugs along with determining urgency level and regular follow up with developers ensuring that resolution goes out within specific timeline.
- Used Salesforce Automation like Approval process and Workflow rules.
- Assisted in the design and testing of the new CRM platform. Along with other team members, ensured requirements set at the beginning of the project were upheld and implemented correctly. During the conversion, assisted in re-testing new functionality and data validation to ensure a smooth release for our users.
- Ensured data documentation on best practices is maintained and accessible to business users, including critical field identification and data standards. Serve as the CRM data expert on underlying business rules and data sources for clients. Assisted departments on implementing OpenText document storage processes.
- Provide OpenText training and support to offshore location trainees.
- Performed quality control and check of documentation to ensure accurate filing of records for all Project documentation (including technical, commercial, legal, public affairs) generated by the Project Team, and outside parties.
- Familiarized new Document Control Team members with policies, procedures of the Document Management team.
- Gathered, developed and analysed business requirements for solution design on the salesforce.com platform.
- Documented reconciling financial data submitted by Servicers and Trustees for a mortgage loan servicing application.
- Provided relationship and portfolio management support of loans in the commercial Lending division.
- Assessed commercial lending industry operations, service delivery, procedures and technology trends by evaluating Origination processes, financial information, loan applications, data flow diagrams and IT capabilities.
- Created snowflake model diagrams, performed data mapping, processed ETL to load over 110,000 records from source system to respective target tables by SSIS.
- Developing DDL scripts and DML operations using PL/SQL blocks, procedures and functions as per the requirements. Generated Business Intelligence reports in Pivot tables linked to SSAS and visualized analytical results.
- Work with Business stakeholders to cater new requirements and new source integrations into EDW environment.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Determine how to best leverage new capabilities and enhancements introduced by SunTrust.
- Determined the root cause of an error, what controls are in place to prevent future errors or gaps and provide the line of business with feedback. Completed monthly investor audits and researched investor inquiries.
- Collaborated with underwriting to gather copies of the customer's tax returns, pay stubs, and bank statements when gathering information for the monthly audits. Ability to self-manage while working under a supervisor.
- Collaborated with Loan Integrity Operations to ensure the liquidations department didn't permit unauthorized parties to complete a short sale or deed in lieu.
- Procedure writing for short sale to ensure procedures is aligned with guidelines and policy.
- Provided high level summaries and monthly deck slides to management.
- Properly documented findings to provide feedback to business leaders for areas of opportunity and improvement. Identified trends that occurred and provided the line of business with feedback.
- Reviewed critical documentation such as listing agreement and sales contract.
- Communicated with the customer and the customer's realtor/attorney to advise them of the liquidation process along with their customer assistance specialist contact information.
Environment: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, Microsoft CRM SDK 2011, Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Clear Case and Clear Quest), MS Word, MS Excel and MS-Project, Gap Analysis, SQL, Windows.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Interacted with client groups to determine user requirements, Business rules and goals. Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures and create a Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Prioritized outstanding defects and systems problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Analysed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low-level use cases, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology.
- Followed Agile Iterative development approach and was involved with all iterations of the development life cycle and risk management.
- Prepared Business Process Models and business rules that included modelling of all activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and browsers testing.
- Performed BDD (Behaviour Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development).
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD, TDD.
- Worked on different frame works like Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Driven and experience in test driven development (TDD), Behaviour driven development (BDD) approaches.
- Worked on API services using HTTP client and selenium Web driver and java.
- Using Selenium, automated the test cases using Java programming language.
- Work in Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver and execute the test cases using Selenium Web Driver.
- Performing Regression test using automated testing tool UFT/QTP, and Selenium.
- Understood and articulated business requirements and rules from user interviews and then converted requirements into technical specifications.
- Extensively worked with Project Manager to determine the current best practices for requirement gathering.
- Set up Demand deposit accounts automatically to adjust with interest rates when rate changes occur in money market accounts like mortgage accounts, bond accounts.
- Performed Bulk Data Migration from Traditional Applications to Salesforce using Import Wizard, Excel Connector, Dataloader.io, Workbench, Apex Data Loader utility and ETL tools.
- Analysed the strategies of Risk management, Mortgage, Fixed Income and Derivatives in the investment division and conducted Portfolio Performance measurement: return, calculation and attribution.
- Used Rational Clear Case as Version Control System for any changes to documents related to project like Use Case documents, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams etc.
- Medical Billing and Collection Systems: generation of daily billing activity based on patient records and establishment of collection protocols.
- Managed business requirements in Rational Requisite Pro while making them available to all team members.
- Organized meetings with various branch managers and complex directors to understand the existing Cheque processing through branch.
- Examined, analysed and modelled test plans, test scripts, test procedures and use case scenarios based on RUP methodology.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Defined program and project goals, objectives, products, services, constraints, assumptions, risks and facilitated processes by working with the project team, sponsor, and stakeholders to baseline the scope of the work and enable development of the plan.
- Responsible for extensive level of project documentation.
Environment: Agile, MS Project, MS Visio, UML, Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Clear Quest, SQL, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook), PL/SQL, Oracle, Windows XP.
- Gathered User and Business Requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observing Stored and modified requirements.
- Extensively worked with Project Manager to determine the current best practices for requirement gathering.
- Utilized Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to configure and develop process, standards procedures.
- Created Need Analysis Documents of the requirements gathered through JAD and JRP individual elicitation sessions using MS Word.
- Created User Requirement Specifications (URS), Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) documents.
- Liaise with Information Technology Team to determine appropriate network resources for ECM system/design, implementation and deployment.
- Transfer source data to Oracle DB daily using Oracle ETL concepts, optimized queries, Oracle scheduled jobs and PL/SQL package and procedure calls.
- Develop comprehensive PL/SQL packages, procedures, and functions to contain the BI and Oracle data. Created all Oracle dimension and fact tables, temporary tables, partitioned tables, summary tables, indexes, bitmap indexes, and other Oracle objects in Data Warehouse. Created complex stored procedures using SQL with multiple tables joins and comprehended and isolated areas problems.
- Gathered user and business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observing from portfolio managers and UI (User Interface).
- Extracted the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) using DOORS.
- Develop wireframes in VISIO for business community and work with User Interface (UI) Development team in converting them to comps for business to sign off and implement by Life Ray Developers and UI Designers.
- Dealt with business users identified new business requirements and designed required changes to existing ETL workflows or create new ETL design and Data Warehouse reports.
- Analysed business process workflows and worked in the development of ETL procedures for moving data from source to target systems.
- Documented data mappings to specify business rules and data manipulation required by the process.
- Validate the data in warehouse after loading process balancing with source data.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams, Activity/State diagrams and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose so that developers and other stakeholders can understand the business process.
- Involved in the analysis of the technical specifications of the current system and the infrastructure needs performed Gap analysis.
- Authored, managed and published use case process documents in one internal template via SharePoint, including procedures, work instructions and process flows (TIBCO Business Suite).
- Experienced setting up test scenarios and executing on these scenarios and worked closely with the testing team to make sure all the changes made to requirements documents are implemented in their Test Cases.
- Set up definitions and process for test phases including Product test, Integration test, System test and User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Conducted GUI testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Performance and User Acceptance testing on the application.
- Extensively worked on Mercury Test Director for bug reporting/tracking.
- Involved in maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables for a project.
Environment: Agile & Waterfall, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, JIRA, MS-Visio
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Gathered requirements for the exchanges (HIM/HIX system) and helped develop claim adjudication rules under the Affordable Care Act.
- Worked on Medicare and Medicaid compliance enhancements to pay/reject the claim per CMS and NCPDP standards.
- Led team of business system analysts to estimate the functional scope and timelines based on requirements analysis.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project, educate clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with the Health Insurance Claims.
- Created solutions to tie data from multiple sources into programs, reports and web services.
- Conducted walkthroughs for Pharmacy Health Insurance Claims with end users, developers, managers and other analysts.
- Normalize customer data, using SQL algorithms to generate reports.
- Involved in analysing all types of Medicare and Medicaid Claims as per client requirements.
- Created Business Glossary that defined various Health Insurance terminologies.
- Developed Project Status metrics for weekly evaluation of Project Status and impact of the Change Request on the timeline and written narratives, table charts and graphs to display data.
- Gather functional requirements for Pharmacy application (AS 400) and web portal development, leading meetings with internal and external stakeholders and securing business approvals to ensure time, cost, and scope goals are achieved.
- Implemented electronic data interface (EDI) inbound and outbound data feeds for clients and third-party administrators in accordance with established service level agreements (SLAs) by utilizing Oracle packages and procedures, Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures, and data objects to identify and correct data issues and system defects.
- Used SQL code to retrieve data from the database while writing requirements for mainframe and AS400.
- Provided Lawson/Infor ERP day to day support and technical/functional assistance across multiple platforms.
- Hands on experience in performing different types of testing like functionality, integration, system, cross browser, cross platform, end to end, regression, beta, production, load, stress, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Manage Materials Procurement and Production Planning within ERP systems using nonstandard processes.
- Editing API specification documentation such as REST for customer reference.
- Reviewed new API development specification releases and updated portal content.
- Managed API platform services by offering solutions to clients including implementations, enhancements and customer support.
- Manage projects using agile methodology and UAT to ensure client satisfaction with software and web portals.
- Support the development of Use Case Diagrams for a web portal, using UML and Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in System, Regression, Performance, Integration and UAT testing for Claims subsystem and documentation of the project life cycle and performed report training for internal customers.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and Gap analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Worked with programming staff to ensure requirements are incorporated into design and testing.
Environment: API's, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Java, Windows XP, Windows 2003, SSAS, SSMS, SSRS, SAS 8.2, SAS 9.2, Rational Suite, MS Office, NetSuite, AS 400.
Business Analyst Brokerage
- Analysed and collected business requirements identified system interfaces and created the requirements specification document.
- Worked on Moody's Pricing and Valuation Tools and Wall Street analytics for credit risk measurement and risk calculation.
- Used Moody's Fermat for credit research, risk measurement and valuation for the system.
- Responsible for cash and asset management of trust accounts including valuations of assets, collateral reconciliation and settlement of accounts
- Managing the cash balances and overall exposure for the fixed income funds daily.
- Interact with specialized units to provide meaningful quality measurements to ensure asset management procedures are followed and legal requirements are met.
- Experience in Security Master, Eagle Pace, Data Management, and data flows.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MSP by functioning as a subject matter expert with various mortgage servicers in new loan boarding and special loans mortgage products.
- Consolidate Trade Date and reconcile from across multiple settlement platforms like equity, bond market, derivatives and commodity market. Researched and resolved billing and invoice problems.
- Experience in Business Analysis (BI projects) for Financial Leasing, Lending.
- Translate complex business requirement into functional technical requirements using Pega Systems Smart BPM methodology and DCO tools
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with Pega System Administrators and Business Users, documented any issues or defects and eventually got sign off from the right parties.
- Prepared Business Context Diagram, Use Case diagrams and corresponding Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose to depict the workflows to be incorporated into the development of Pega Business Process Management (BPM) tool.
- Drafted project timelines and milestones and contributed to decks in order to socialize the business case for the portfolio monitoring system.
- Provide guidance \ training to new staff (when required) on the Change Management process as documented in Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
Environment: MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Eagle Pace, Rational Rose, Pega, BPM SQL, UML, Fiserv Recon, Moody's Tools, Rational Unified Process, FIX, Test Director, Crystal Reports, MS Office, Bloomberg AIM.
- Served as a Scrum master and conducted sprint planning, review, and retrospective meeting.
- As a scrum master, I was a key player in taking vital decisions during the sprint meetings.
- Decompose high-level concepts and requests into Epics and User Stories that are consumed by agile teams across multiple parts of the organization that directly lead to on-time deployments through agile release planning efforts.
- Accountable for creating, maintaining and ensuring User stories to have coverage on business values, story points, and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborated with Product Owners to write up and prioritize customer centric documents like User Stories for Product Backlogs.
- Prepared and documented Sprint Backlogs to identify and monitor the activities performed in the time boxes.
- Rebuild customer review system and integrate the payment methods to improve customers' experience by shortening the payment process.
- Documented various workflow diagrams like AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, project scoping, and technical documentation for retailer eCommerce and Order Management projects.
- Involved in development and testing of POS Point of sale systems and applications for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance initiative.
- Validating Recommendations with the Business and IT Owners of the application and obtaining signoff for the Recommendations.
- Developed task flows and wireframes for an upgrade to a system used by underwriters to manage excess policies.
- Used Invasion in enhancing the user experience; worked closely with the technical and programming team to prepare Screen Mock-ups, User Interface designs using wireframe prototype for this Ecommerce mobile/web redesign.
Environment: Scrum, Adobe web, JIRA, UML, MS Word, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center, SQL, MS Visio, Tableau, SharePoint, XML, HTML, Adobe acrobat, Java.