- 7+ years of comprehensive experience as Business Analyst in the field of Business Development process and extensive work Experience in diverse fields such as Retail Banking, Finance and E - Commerce sectors.
- Worked in multiple projects with Business Users, Key Business Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Project Managers, Scrum Product Owner, Testers, Developers, Architects and Deployment Analysts.
- A Certified Scrum Master with hands on experience in various Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Experience on Waterfall, Agile Scrum and Hybrid of Waterfall and Agile methodologies with the ability to work with self- managing, self-organizing, and cross-functional teams.
- Detailed knowledge in Scrumban, Kanban, XP (Extreme Programming) and Spiral techniques.
- Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) phases like concept proposal, discovery and analysis, planning, requirement gathering, design, development, integration, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Conducted and facilitated elicitation sessions such as Interviews session, Brainstorming session, Focus group session, Requirement workshops, document analysis and JAD Session with internal and external Stakeholders.
- Experience in conducting Impact analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Root cause analysis (Cause and effect analysis), Feasibility study, Risk Review, Risk Analysis, and As-Is and To-Be business analysis and drafting reports.
- Gathered Requirements based on SMART(Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely) .
- Efficient in handling change requests and assessing change requests through impact assessment on triple constraints.
- Breaking-down of epics into User Stories (INVEST format) and then prioritized user stories using various techniques
- Took part in breaking down stories, sizing of stories, prioritizing, and tasking the requirements within SCRUM.
- Proficiency in documenting artifacts such as Business Requirements documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), System Requirements Specifications (SRS), and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in building Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Use Cases, Activity diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, and transforming the requirements gathered into functional specifications focusing on workflow analysis and design, user interface design, data flow, process flow and (Entity Relationship) Diagram.
- Created Use Case specification document comprising actions, pre-conditions, post-conditions, triggers, actual/happy, alternate/unhappy paths, assumptions, constraints and business rules for different positive & negative scenarios.
- Involved in facilitating Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Ups, Execution, Reviews and Retrospective meetings.
- Knowledge in Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models and experienced in Entity-Relationship diagrams.
- Deep understanding of database concepts like Data Warehousing, Schemas, Data Marts, Data-Entity Relationships and User Administration. Migrated data from various OLTP’s to OLAP cube using ETL tools such as Informatica.
- Extensive hands on experience in creating interactive dashboards and data visualization reports using Tableau.
- Strong knowledge on Informatica PowerCenter tool (Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Transformation Developer, Mapplet designer, Mapping Designer and Repository Manager), passing data through transformations.
- Experience in SQL queries for Data Analysis, retrieval, validation, modification, creation of Data Manipulation Language (DML), Data Definition Language (DDL) & Data Control Language (DCL), Views, Stored Procedure and Functions. Also, exposer to various database platforms such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Performed OLAP operations such as slicing, dicing, roll-up, drill down, pivoting (transpose) and summarization.
- Coordinated with UX designers and developers to create web application using web services between the front and back-end systems that define the UI functionalities using HTML5/CSS3 and used HTTP as transfer protocol to display the data, SOAP/REST API & XML to store and carry the data between web and application servers.
- Understanding of HTTP request to the web service, to specify REST API operations having HTTP verbs GET, POST, DELETE and PUT application layer that utilized POSTMAN as the HTTP client to test web services.
- Performed API Testing using Postman tool to check if the APIs are returning the data in JSON, XML.
- Experience in Testing Life Cycle and supervising Black-box Testing, Functionality Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Load/Stress Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Worked with QA team to design Test plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using HP QC/ HP ALM.
- Worked under tight deadlines to meet business goals. Experience in scheduling meetings, negotiating and co- ordination with Developers, Application Architects, and Subject Matter Experts.
- Experienced in bug tracking and following up for successful maintenance & delivery of service tickets using JIRA.
- Proficient with project management tools, testing tools and reporting tools.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to interact with end-users, Subject Matter Experts SME’s and Project Stakeholders.
- Excellent Analytical, Problem solving, Communication and Documentation skills. Dedicated & Self- motivated, proven leadership capabilities and Time management skills.
Waterfall, Scrum, SAFe, Waterscrum: Fall (Hybrid waterfall & Scrum)
Testing Tools: HP ALM 11.5, HP QC v10.0, Selenium Web Driver (v 3.14.0)
Statistical Tools: Minitab (v 18.0), Ms Excel (2013, 2016, office 365)
Project Management Tools: Ms Project (v 2010,2013,2016), Ms Office 365 (Ms Word, MS-Visio, MS Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-SharePoint. Ms Access, Ms OneNote), Atlassian JIRA (6.3,7.0), HP ALM (v 11.5), Confluence v 6.15
Modelling Tools: Mock Ups, Wire Frames, ER diagram
Reporting Tools: Tableau, MS office Suite
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 9i
Data Modeling: Logical/Physical/Dimensional, Star/snowflake schema
Data Warehousing: Data marts, OLTP, OLAP, Multidimensional Analysis, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll Up
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Worked on SDLC model for the application development for iPad, Surface, Arrow Device, windows and HP elite.
- Elicited requirements by using different techniques such as Interviews, Focus Groups, Brainstorming sessions, JAD sessions and Workshops.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts to capture and understand the business requirements.
- Reviewed high-level requirements business to prioritize and define scope of the project.
- Worked Closely with my Product owner in creating Scope Documents and Solution Requirements Documents.
- Actively participated in meetings with System Architects to identify the scope and architecture of the project.
- Responsible for gathering and documenting Legislative, Business, Functional requirements for all the provisions and they impact on the existing products and systems to help leverage new and existing application tools, web technologies and databases.
- Developed relevant survey questions and set the triggers and timelines for the survey to be sent out to customers and analyzed the collected data.
- Performed Gap and Cost-Benefit analysis to establish the significance of the enhancement.
- Facilitated and time-boxed the SCRUM ceremonies Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Standups, Sprint Review Meeting, Sprint Retrospective Meeting and Grooming Sessions in the absence of Scrum master.
- Used UML to prepare Use Cases from the gathered requirements and created diagrams.
- Created Mock-up Screens and Wireframes containing UI Components such as Drop-down list, check boxes for retrieving data from the user with client.
- Analyzed the system using Data Flow Diagrams, Functional Hierarchy Diagram & Process Development Diagram.
- Managed and monitored requirements by developing Requirement Traceability Matrix against the test cases.
- Assisted front-end developers involved in development of UI through React Js Remix.
- Performed SQL Queries to conduct back-end testing and performed UI Testing on application web interface.
- Involved in API Documentation and in the preparation of the Test Data required for executing Test cases and testing different web services on SOAP UI tool with xml and JSON response.
- Worked with the Product Owner during the Sprint Review Meeting for the Potential Shippable Product Increment (PSPI) and help decide which feature are DONE and satisfied using the Acceptance Criteria.
- Facilitated discussion between Business Team and QA team to determine the test requirements, test plan, test cases development conducted functional and non-functional testing.
- Involved with QA team to track the test cases and validate the PASS/FAIL testcases in Bitbucket.
- Participated in discussions on Regression Testing, release and non-release, positive and negative testing.
- Performed UAT, Smoke, functional and Regression Testing on the application for testing validity of functionality in different versions and to maintain the Requirement traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Used JIRA and QC to maintain the project artifacts and kept the information radiators updated.
- Utilized JIRA to track tasks, defects and tickets for maintenance and deployment of system being developed.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), Tableau 8.1, MS Project 2013, HP ALM 11.0, Wireframes, Mock-Up Screens, MSSQL Server 2012, UML, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Microservices, React js remix.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Business System Analyst
- Conducted GAP analysis by identifying AS-IS and TO-BE process models and Process flows.
- Elicited requirements using document analysis, interview sessions and JAD sessions with users, developers and database design team to understand backend issues, and to analyze the feasibility of the requirements.
- Interacted with SME’s, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be understood and reviewed by both technical and business people.
- Analyzed and documented the process for converting Hard post into XL format which is accepted by bank.
- Captured requirements for wire department to capture online and branch customer information.
- Performed Cost- Benefit analysis to establish the significance of the enhancements.
- Highly proficient in writing and prioritizing user stories in Product Back Log with Product Owner for developing Sprint tasks by taking suggestions from the cross-functional development team.
- Determined Acceptance Criteria of the User Stories Session for Potentially Shippable Product.
- Conducted the sprint planning based on backlog requirements and lead daily scrum in the absence of Scrum master.
- Created Mock-Up Screens and Wireframes using User Interface components for client verification.
- Involved designing UML diagrams such Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagram and Use Case Narratives and incorporated them in Macro Document.
- Analyzed SWIFT Payments transactions and enhanced MT103, MT940 and MT 950 transaction screening.
- MT103, MT940 and MT 950 are used to send message to financial institution on the SWIFT network .
- Co-ordinated with Data Warehousing team to store day to day transaction information.
- Co-ordinated with Bank Secretary Act (BSA) team to identify people who flagged OFAC positive customers.
- Analyzed correctness of Data Load and transformation through the full monitoring cycle
- Performed Data mapping for version upgrades across many clients from source to target system after analysis.
- Hands on Experience with JIRA for issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability.
- Generated SQL queries using joins, database connections and transformation rules to fetch data from the SQL Server database systems.
- Business intelligent report was generated for senior management and created dashboards and data visualization reports using the tableau reporting tool.
- Assisted QA team to develop the test plan and test cases to perform the testing and Involved Automated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using selenium automation tool. Assisted in Black box and Regression testing.
- Involved with QA team to track the test cases and validate the PASS/FAIL testcases and handled the defect management in JIRA.
- Conducted Risk analysis and maintained a Risk Register.
- Communicated effectively across company contacts and clients regarding requirements, schedules and launches.
Environment : Agile-scrum, JIRA 5.2, Confluence, Tableau, HTML5, CSS3, Visual studio 2013, MS SQL server 2012, Ms Word, Ms Visio, Ms Excel, Ms Project, Ms Office, SOAP API, XML, JSON,, HP ALM for testing.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with users and stakeholders to Identify business needs , evaluated solutions for business problems.
- Gathered business requirements by participating in JAD sessions, interviewing business users and stakeholders, conducting one to one session and consulting existing systems documents.
- Understood problem definition through one to one meeting with Data and Enterprise architect and Solution advisors .
- The methodology used for the project was Waterfall-scrum and had a deep understanding about the requirement gathering . Provided clear and consistent information about project status both internally, IT team and stakeholders.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling, Process mapping and Business Process flow diagrams . Understood the AS-IS system, developed the TO- BE system concepts and also prepared the System Process Maps .
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD/HLD) and Drafted Systems Requirement Specification (SRS) . Analyzed, modified and validated these documents.
- Understand the Software Development Life Cycle and experience in system architecture mapping .
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams , and Class Diagrams
- Developed Conceptual and Logical ER diagrams for the database.
- Assisted with SNOW-flake schemas in the Dimensional model architects to providing business rules.
- Identified Source systems for financial data profiling of the legacy system .
- Integrated various OLTP to the OLAP by using SSDT-BI as an ETL and reporting tool.
- Assisted in increasing Data Integrity by performing Data Normalization and adding Data Verification and Validity to maintain accuracy and effectiveness of data.
- Performed Data Mining to find correlation and pattern in existing data and constructed SQL queries .
- Used ETL to map data and assemble data repository and created data marts.
- Used Data Center for Integrating Legacy systems and supporting in decision making.
- Assisted in the implementation of Integrated Data Warehouse with individual data marts of business interest.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic project expectations, in evaluating the impact of changes .
- Establish Incident Reporting and Change Control procedures .
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Worked with QA team to design and develop Test Plan and Test Cases to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) , Functional Testing and Regression Testing .
Environment: Waterfall-scrum, Wireframes, Mock-Up, MS Office 2013, Tableau, MS Visio 2013, MS Project 2103, UML, Informatic PowerCenter 9.x, MS SQL 2008, ETL.
- Assisted and worked with Project manager in creating and assigned task through Work Break-down Structure (WBS).
- Worked in Waterfall as System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Gathered requirements from key stakeholders to define the scope and requirements of online banking system.
- Worked closely with the development team to verify that business needs are fulfilled within budget, quality and time.
- Defined the context of the system by creating various Use Cases for the development system requirements specifications encompassing Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- Developed UML Diagrams for modeling static and dynamic aspects of Online Banking System.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using HP QC tool.
- Developed data maps for retrieval of information from existing account systems and outlined security measures for accessibility and transmission of information.
- Created ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and Pivot tables to do the calculations and creating reports accordingly.
- Managed Change Requests by doing Impact Analysis on business and technology front and submitted the same to the Change Request Board (CAB) for further approvals.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic project expectations, in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations.
- Developed plans for verification and validation of requirements at all levels so that developed software successfully fulfilled user expectations and business needs.
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression Testing.
- Helped creating and modifying SQL queries to match the requirements.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Office, SQL, UAT Testing, HP QC, COTS.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Assisted and worked with Project manager in creating and assigned task through WBS.
- Interacted with the customers and internal stakeholders to gather user requirements and their expectations from the system to create BRD, FRD and SRS.
- Documented, prioritized, managed and facilitated estimation of User Stories.
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirements and developing System Specifications.
- Created UML Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Assessed business priorities and advised business units by performing Risk Analysis.
- Participated in the development and preparation of the Test Plan with the testing team as well as ensuring testability, reliability, usability, maintainability and performance of the application.
- Involved in incident reporting and change management procedures using Clear Case.
- Maintained and shared documents using MS SharePoint.
- Managed test cases and logged defects using HP QC tool.
- Formed a bridge between the Project Manager and different teams with effective presentations.
- Designed and Implemented SQL queries for QA testing and reporting and reporting data/validation.
- Planned and organized team engagement activities to encourage self-organization among the team.
Environment: Waterfall, Rational Unified process), Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, HP Quality Center, MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint, Oracle, SharePoint, MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint).
Jr. Software Engineer
- Participated in open ended discussions , brainstorming and prototyping to understand the Business Requirements .
- Responsible for Interacting with onsite team lead for daily status and requirement understanding.
- Involved in Project Planning , Project Design and interacting with Business users for requirement elicitation , translation of Business and functional requirements into technical requirements.
- Worked with MS project to create work breakdown structure and network diagram .
- Handled Communication with different portfolio information in the form of files to load them to data warehouse.
- Developed single pages using HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Java script. .
- Documenting and maintenance of company-wide Vision modules and financial reports .
- Used email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues.
- Involved in fixing bugs in web applications , enhancements and performance improvement adhering to the best java practice.