- A Business Analyst with over 7 years of experience in Information Technology. Experience in eliciting, analyzing, documenting requirements for business process and information system. Extremely detail oriented team player with strong analytical, interpretation, communication, and problem - solving skills. Expert in managing multiple projects in an Agile environment and also in a waterfall environment while executing project deliveries that meet the highest client satisfaction.
- I have the ability to work in a cross functional environment
- I have strong analytical and critical-thinking skills with a proven record of data-driven decisions
- I have excellent communication and presentation skills in order to represent and describe product offerings to internal stakeholders, customers, and partners
- I am skilled in using confluence & JIRA, advanced knowledge of Outlook, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), MS Visio, Gliffy
- I have excellent organizational and time management skills
- I am self-motivated and willing to be a change agent facilitating improvements across the department and organization
- I am experienced with the Agile and Waterfall Software Development Methodologies
- I am skilled in collaborating with personnel at all levels
- I have knowledge of SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- I am experienced with the Software Development Lifecycle process
Confidential, Washington DC
- Lead analyst for business process projects including collaborating with external and internal customers to capture functional requirements and analyze information..
- Responsible for eliciting requirements using interviews, documents analysis, requirements workshops and Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions, business process descriptions and workflow analysis
- Facilitates the Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions, and Requirements Gathering sessions with Stakeholders, SME’s and System Owners in order to capture business rules, processes and system requirements for various projects
- Collaborate with Developers and Subject Matter Experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Lead the effort to effectively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders and product owners to analyze requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional Requirements Document, Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Process Flow Diagrams and Mock-up screens
- Work independently with users to define concepts and clarify Functional and Non-functional requirements on a daily basis
- Manage the user story backlog by ensuring that the backlog items are appropriately groomed, prioritized and estimated and that the team fully understands what needs to be delivered
- Engaged with colleagues and clients to reverse engineered existing Sales Retail
- Reporting Application and identified core business requirements for new information
- Participate in the Sprint meetings on daily basis with the Scrum Master and the development team. Ensure the sprint is progressing as decided and acceptance criteria is completed at the end of Sprint
- Gathered Requirements during inception phase, documented and delivered functional specification documents, and assisted architecture analysis and design using UML and Rational tools
- Ability to write SQL Queries.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Re-engineered and created a new and improved Confidential (American Justice Reentry and Rehabilitation) Partners Features and Client Self Service features.
- Conducted monthly application review meetings with End Users, to gather and document business needs and translated them into functional requirement document (FRD)
- Effectively communicated and collaborated with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and capture functional requirements for a Business Process Re-engineering project (BPR) project
- Worked independently with users to define concepts, clarify Functional and Non-Functional requirements in order to translate them into application and operational requirements
- Collaborated with developers and subject matter experts (SME’s) to establish technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Clarified issues with developers during efforts to validate designs and functional specifications
- Worked closely with the software developers, interface engineers, and consultants to tailor out process improvement effort to multiple client requirements.
- Facilitated requirement workshop with stakeholders and, site visits to elicit, analyze and document functional and non-functional requirements for information system projects, for process improvement activities
- Worked closely with the software developers, interface engineers, and consultants to tailor out process improvement effort to multiple client requirements
- Facilitated and participated in root cause analysis to recommend product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity for both the business units and IT
- Prepared Minutes of Meetings, Agendas and other documentation that captured decisions made and provided support to the team throughout all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including policies, procedures, references, specific and general instructions, navigation manuals, user guides, job aids and required documentation
- Interacted with key stakeholders to gather requirements, objectives, and input and output requirements.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system flows, user administration and requirements.
- Developed and created use cases, user stories, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues
- Prioritized outstanding defects and systems problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met
- Experienced in various SDLC like Agile and Waterfall Methodology
- Gathered requirements from different engineering, financial, IT departments for a smooth transition
- Facilitated requirements gathering/definition meetings with senior level business users
- Created Business Requirement Documents, Systems Requirements Documents, Use Case documents, and Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing process and evaluated the benefits of new process
- Gathered requirements during inception phase, documented and delivered functional specification documents, and assisted architecture analysis and design using UML and Rational tools