- 8 years of experience as a Business System Analyst
- Solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling and Analysis, design documentation.
- Experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Requirement gathering, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment.
- Organized Joint Application Development (JAD), workshops and interview sessions.
- Expertise in Documentation and Review of Software and Business/Technical Requirement Documents.
- Managed complex business initiatives to balance requirements for functionality, efficiency and quality.
- Excellent knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) transaction, code set rules such as EDI 837,270,271,276,277,834,835, NCPDP and ICD9 - ICD10.
- Experienced with Rational tools like ReqPro, Clearquest, ClearCase, Rational soda, Rational Rose.
- Experienced working in Obama care, Medicare and Medicaid projects.
- Exceptional Documentation Skills for writing Use Cases and Functional Requirement Documents.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- Strong experience with MS Visio for creating visual representation of Software/Data Architecture, Use Case diagrams (specially in an Agile environment), Sequence diagrams, Class diagrams, Business Process Flows and basic flowcharts.
- Extensive experience in configuring data mapping of files using EdifacsSpecbuilder.
- Through knowledge of various phases of EdifacsSpecbuilder- Analyzer and Mapper.
- Conducted JAD Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests.
- Good Knowledge of Test Plan, Test Scripts and Test Cases for Functional, System, Integration, UAT, and Regression Testing based on the Design Document for the Functional, Security, and Performance Testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Consistently demonstrated ability to achieve tight deadlines.
Operating Systems: Win 98/XP/Vista/Windows 7, UNIX, LINUX, Mac.
Languages: SQL, HTML, XML, ASP, .Net
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL server, MS Access
Tools: MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, Power point, Project, Visio, Front Office,Rational Rose, SoDA, Software Modeler, Team Test, Doors, PROLOG, Clearcase, Clearquest, WinRunner, LoadRunner, WebSphere, Business Modeler, HP Quality Centre, Ultra Edit, TOAD and Test Director, MMIS.
Industry Standards: HIPAA 5010, ICD 10, PPACA (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act)
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Business Analyst / UAT
- Worked on gathering the business requirements from SME’s and impacted systems. Created BRD for review and sign-off from all the stakeholders.
- Collaborated with business team on defining and documenting clinical rules for IT team.
- Prepared data mapping documents.
- Acted as a SME for Medicare (Part D) and Medicaid clinical rules and programs.
- Scheduled core team meetings involving PM’s of different work streams, Program Owner and stakeholders.
- Sending out meeting minutes after each meeting. Thus making sure a standard and neat process was followed which greatly helped in avoiding conflicts in the later part of the project.
- Documented and described the workflow which integrated pharmacy and medical claims data into a single, consolidated data source
- Worked on creating SQL JOINS for data research and UAT.
- Worked with ETL and developers for writing SQL queries and reading stored procedures for IBM DB2.
- Defined all the platform requirements.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau adhoc reports.
- Defined requirements for the ETL - Database.
- Worked with DBA’s, QA’s and ETL developers on day to day basis.
- Communicated with the external vendor (Bolger) for the engagements files.
- Gathered business as well as system requirements for engagement options like member letter, provider/prescriber letter, telephony, Blue plan CM/DM etc.
- Assisted in providing UAT and BA related project tasks and their corresponding estimates.
- Created and executed UAT plan, scenarios and cases. Documented and reviewed results with subject matter experts and program owner.
- Collaborated with IT (developers and QA lead) to ensure smooth transition from QA to UAT.
- Actively managed issues, risks, actions, decisions and deliverables for infrastructure in conjunction with the PM.
- Worked in depth on defect tracking and requirements management tool like HP Quality Center - Lifecycle Application Management.
- Analysis and working around XML files.
- Writing and executing testing scripts in SQL. Worked on creating joins, looking up tables, updating tables, deleting rows.
- Worked with individual members of IT team as well on ad-hoc basis.
- Worked closely with business on testing rules.
- Worked with business and tactical team on resolving defects.
- Debugging SQL queries and testing results.
- Developed Strong UAT Testing skills.
- Followed extensive agile methodology.
Environment: HP Quality Center 10.0, Caliber RM, MMIS, MS Office, Windows XP, Windows Vista, MS Visio, HP SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio, SQL, SOA Infra, XML, RUP.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Experienced in Agile Methodology, worked on all phases of software development life cycle.
- Created User Stories, Epics and Themes.
- Experience working on Multiple Projects.
- Experience with Sprint Planning and Project Estimation.
- Experienced taking requirements from the Business Group.
- Developed Use Cases and High Level Design Document.
- Created and executed test plans and test cases to insure high quality of platform management software.
- Experience in creating business process flows for web services.
- Experience working with Offshore Teams. We had daily morning and late night scrum calls.
Environment: HTML, Windows 2000, Rational Requisite Pro, RUP, Facets, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, UML, SQL, HIPAA, Share Point, MS Access.
Confidential, Vancouver WA
Business System Analyst
- Implementation and leadership of systems and processes to ensure all data is updated accurately in a timely manner as per agreed service level agreements with the internal and external customers
- Developing new ways of getting insights out of data that allow TMC to improve supply chain logistics
- Advocate, evangelize and build data-fueled products that help customers improve business outcomes
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Created adhoc reports to users in Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Provide and apply quality assurance best practices for data mining/analysis services
- Serving as the single point of contact and be accountable for all data related activities and requests
- Creating and maintaining technical road-maps for areas of responsibility
- Work with the business, the Customer and IT to improve data strategy, quality and governance
- Responsible to communicate project progress and facilitate project-related meetings to meet deliverables and escalate when needed quickly as necessary
- Performing change management with all stakeholders - internal and external.
- Assist in projects successfully and on time with quality solutions
- Helping team working on online customer tool (Navisphere)- web based application and mobile application
Environment: - Agile, UML, Windows, SQL, Microsoft Office, HTML, XML, Java Script, Java, HTML, MS Access, Oracle, Tableu, CRM, Salesforce
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Interacted with the stakeholders by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Collaborated with Enterprise Architecture, IT leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Communicated Project Requirements, Business Issues, Solution and made recommendation.
- Worked with Project team to determine technical and development impact of a project
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and documenting them textually and within models
- Gathering and documenting the requirements that are critical to the business mission and using those requirements to design application software.
- Responsible for writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications Document (FRD).
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing system, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Used SQL tools like Toad and Teradata SQL Assistant to run SQL queries and validate the data in the warehouse and marts.
- Conducted performance tuning of complex SQL queries and stored procedures by using SQL Profiler and index tuning wizard.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Worked with Source system Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure that the extracts are properly mapped. Used SQL for data mapping and querying.
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables, slides and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
Junior Business Analyst
- Conducted and analyzed business processes.
- Prepared departmental reports providing analytical framework related to the budget process.
- Analyzed, revised and created test plans according to business requirements.
- Created Use cases and Activity Diagrams.
- Followed the RUP methodology for the entire SDLC.
- Analyzed consumer surveys and gave technical inputs in Business meetings.
- Involved in the meeting with Business process owners, SME (subject matter experts) and Marketing Team for Requirements gathering in definition stage.
- Performed Gap Analysis.
- Wrote numerous test cases based on test strategies
- Involved in Functionality and Regression testing during the various phases of the development.
- Performed Smoke testing before starting the major testing effort.
- Assessed potential risks and analyzed issues of importance with project managers.
- Validated the system end-to-end testing to meet the approved functional requirements.
- Analyzed team performance with the QA manager and implemented the changes if any with respect to raising the efficiency of the entire team.
- Conducted the final user-acceptance testing and usability testing.
Environment: Windows2000, Test Director, Oracle, Microsoft Project 2000, UNIX, IIS, ASP.NET.