Business Analyst with 4 + years of experience with in Finance, banking, investment, ecommerce, pharmaceutical, Digital, Media, Publishing, health care, insurance and other industries
- Skilled in requirements, software development processes, knowledge management .Software development experience, and tester. Keen ability to discover and analyze strategic business objectives.
- Skilled in business process engineering and software development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications under Agile and complete SDLC.
- Worked with Rational Unified Process (RUP); risk engineering; data modeling and mapping; and design using UML, Rational Rose, and Visio.
- Familiar with current industry standards, such as HIPAA, SOX, ISO, Six Sigma, and Capability Maturity Model (CMM
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills; managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Discover, analyze, and elaborate business objectives and user needs for proposed software applications, and research system/product capabilities. Specify application functionality and user interfaces and redesign the business processes.
- Collaboration, advocacy, outreach, liaison with all levels. Share ideas, coordinate work, and solve problems. Excellent verbal and written communication, presentations.
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, SQL
GUI/Tools: MS Project, Team Foundation Server, SharePoint, Visio, Access, Word, Excel; DOORS 7.1, Track Wise, Crystal ReportsIndustry Standards: HIPAA, SOX, CFR 21 Part 11, CFR 21 Part 820, ISO, Six Sigma, CMM
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, Mainframe, Linux
Defect Tracking: Jira
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR). Created test cases and test scripts.
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements. Ensured ISO and compliance requirements
- Developed use case with UML for new product functionality.
- Updated System Change Request (SCR) forms, applied change requests, versions, and addendums.
- Conducted risk engineering to derive and execute action plans on time.
- Interfaced with SMEs to prepare BPR documents for ongoing projects.
- Prioritized business and systems problems; analyzed legislation and conducted impact analysis.
- Prepared business process models; used Visio to create use case diagrams.
- Developed use cases, workflow, screen mock - ups, and conversion requirements.
- Developed prototype of new information processing application. Helped collect functional requirements and prepared business requirement documents using Rational Requisite
- Strategize implementation of RUP effort throughout SDLC.
- Aided management in standardizing Web applications by preparing GUI standards and recommending alternatives for in corporation in phased, iterative manner.
- Followed UML based methods using Rational Rose to develop use cases and activity diagrams; assisted developers in creating sequence diagrams and collaboration diagrams.
- Reviewed business process, URS, and functional requirements.
- Assisted in process modeling; conducted and participated in JAD sessions with system users; helped with design walkthroughs with stakeholders for base lining architecture.
- Involved in detailing project mission, data process flow diagrams, and timelines.
- Worked with SQL queries for data manipulations.
- Involved in gathering the Business Requirements. Used Use Cases, UML diagrams Documented Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Software System Requirements (SSR) worked with IT developers.
- Liaised with business and functional owner during risk engineering and high - level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR).
- Created test cases, performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements. Developed use case with UML for new product functionality.
- Traced test cases and functional specifications to SSRs and BPRs using DOORS.
- Applied change requests, versions, and addendums.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Determined user/business/functional requirements. Created vision, scope, and use case documents; business process models, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and state chart diagrams.
- Gathered technical/business requirement documents for the better understanding of the system