- Over 7 years of Industry experience as a Business Systems Analyst with solid understanding of Property and Casualty Business Insurance, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Banking, Retirement Savings, Wealth Management and Financial domains.
- Extensive experience in conducting Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Data Analyses, Data Mapping Gap Analyses, Risk Identification, Risk Assessment, Risks Analyses, and Risk management.
- Experience in CCAR - Credit, Operational and Market Risk and FR Y 14 M/Q/A reporting.
- Good experience in Data Modeling with expertise in creating Star & Snow-Flake Schemas, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling using confidential.
- Strong Data Quality Management background performing analysis, monitoring and tuning to maintain data integrity.
- Experience in creating database tables, writing stored triggers, select statements, JOINS, views.
- Excellent working experience in Documentation and Status reporting projects.
- Experienced with ACORD Standards, Implementing, and Mapping, Documenting various projects, across diverse property and casualty insurances lines of business.
- Efficient use of MS Project for planning and status reporting.
- Worked on Warehouse Management modules.
- Well versed with SCM Operations.
- Knowledge of Business Owners Policy (BOP).
- Managed General Liability, Commercial Property, Commercial Package, Commercial Auto and Workers Compensation policy lines.
- Excellent understanding of Software Quality Assurance Techniques and highly acquainted in working in SOX Compliance Environment.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various complex data driven methodologies including rendering the ACORD Forms for commercial lines integration with Documentum.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data warehousing tools such as Cognos and Informatica.
- Expertise in Project Management i.e. Project Scoping, Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Organizing, Directing, Controlling, Budgeting and Drafting Remedy Procedures.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall, Agile Scrum, and Kanban.
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Strong experience developing Web Intelligence reports with extreme proficiency in Cognos.
- Supervised testing efforts for Functionality, Usability, Reliability, Performance and Regression testing. Also, reviewed Test Cases with queries in SQL.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Team player with strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects, meet critical deadlines and timely execution of several client projects.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, RUP, Agile Scrum, Kanban
Requirements Management Tool: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, Rational Rose
Database: MS SQL Server, Oracle
ERP: Oracle E-business suite R12
ETL Tools: Informatica, SSIS
Project Management Tools: HP ALM, JIRA Agile, MS Project
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Silk Central, Bugzilla, Share Point
Prototyping Tools: Smart Draw, Snag it, iRise
BA Skills: Business Process Analysis, Project Planning, Business requirement Documentation (BRD), Functional Requirement Documentation (FRD), Data Mapping Documents (DMD), Data Flow Diagram (DFD), UI Documentation, Use Case, User Stories, Web Services Documentation, UML Diagrams,, JAD Sessions, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), SQL Queries, Regression and Progression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Post Production Validation (PPV).
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Business System Analyst/Data Analyst
- Analyze the as is situation of the system and process and conducted GAP analysis to define variance between the system capabilities and business requirements.
- Facilitate Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with RCRD (Regulatory Compliance Reporting Department), Risk Analyst, Business SMEs to gather business requirements for to be Reporting System .
- Implement the Agile Scrum methodology for new system development.
- Involve in Conceptual design for data ware house development .
- Extensively use SQL queries and Stored Procedure for accessing and manipulating database systems.
- Responsible for defining the source to target data mappings along pertaining to requirements and along with defining the key identifiers for each mapping/interface.
- Document data quality and traceability documents for each source interface.
- Work with project team representatives to ensure that logical and physical data models were developed in line with corporate standards and guidelines.
- Perform the User Acceptance Testing after each sprint release.
- Attain the defects raised by end users and manage the Defect life cycle for solution.
- Analyze the current data issue within current system and work on its remediation.
- Perform the RCA (root cause analysis) for current defects/failures of the previous period CCAR reports submitted to Federal Reserve for failure attributes.
- Remediate the failures and suggest solutions (Business Exceptions, IT Enhancement etc) for an efficient system for next reporting period.
- Leading identification and resolution of data issues by promoting collaboration with SMEs, Enterprise Data Management (EDM) and other stakeholders.
- Work several in-house project when required.
Environment: MS Excel, Informatica, MS Word & Excel, UML, XML.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Business Analyst (Oracle EBS)
- Understand the business functionality of different Business process.
- Developed the Interface for Shipping to OTM shipment.
- Worked on Interface development for deliveries transaction for optimization to OTM.
- Involved in the study of the business processes for SCM operations.
- Knowledge of Order to Cash Process and Total customized Shipping for specific Business.
- Working knowledge of the Oracle EBS "Order to Cash" and "Procure to Pay" processes.
- Hands-on experience of Oracle WMS (Rules, Control Board, Wave Planning, etc.).
- Interacted with the Technical Consultants in preparing the Conversions, Documentation and helped them in preparing the reports by providing them with the functional aspects.
- Resolving their day-to-day issues, Month end and Quarter close activities.
- Defining the Business process for Oracle Transportation application with business requirements.
- Part of Strategy team to implement transportation solution for all US Location.
- Analyzing gaps and finding alternate ways to implement the required business processes.
- Creation of documents for requirement gathering and details of business process.
- Working With Business Superusers for proper implementation of Application.
- Interacting with users from China, Europe & USA regarding issue analysis, requirement gathering and Business Process tuning.
- Prepared Functional Specification Document (FSD) of the client's requirement.
- Testing - unit testing and preparing unit test report.
Confidential, Warren Township, NJ
Business System Analyst
- Gathered user and business requirements through surveys, prototyping and observing from portfolio managers and UI (User Interface).
- Responsible for Data Manipulation and Data Validation using SQL queries in a MS SQL Server 2008 environment. Worked on Commercial lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Strong business domain knowledge of Personal and Commercial Auto including risk, Policy Sales, Policy Administration and Rating.
- Designed and worked on successfully developing web applications that allow independent sales agents and underwriters for quoting, rating, processing and tracking applications.
- Work closely between Data Managers, and Project Managers to ensure timely changes are met
- Stored and modified requirements in MS - Word and using Test Director.
- Involved in Inception Phase and prepared Logical Data Models that contains set of diagrams and BRD (Business Requirement Documents) supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detail definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Imported Reports from mainframe to Texts or MS Word and provided it to the test team.
- Full responsibility of maintaining and filing the company reinsurance claims and providing a financial report to the management team.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts (SA) and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using JIRA.
- Developed a file of ACORD Forms used as the standards in all Property and Casualty markets, for both Personal and Commercial Lines of Business.
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with Business Users, documented any issues or defects and eventually got sign off from the right parties.
- Played a major role in Interface testing both functionally and manually.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in RequisitePro.
- Used SQL for Data manipulation and data analysis.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance.
- Performed Business Process Mapping and performed AS-IS and TO BE analysis.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, Windows, HL7 v2.X, Crystal Reports, HP ExStream, JIRA, Oracle, UML, MS Office, MS Visio, Mainframes, Java.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. Business Analyst
- Developed the scope and vision documents that defined the primary goals, objectives and scope of the project.
- Gathered requirements from business users such as trade approver, and created business requirements document (BRD).
- Participated in weekly Project Action meeting prior the launch period to track task completion rate in a Kanban manner.
- Created screen-mockups using iRise to review the requirements and provide feedback on the screen design. Also, used Microsoft Paint to create ad-hoc screen mock-up to review with the users.
- Collaborated in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose, RequisitePro, and Visio.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML), and with Rational Rose.
- Created prototypes of the GUI environment using iRise to be used by the developers during the design phase.
- Developed detail class diagrams and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked with project team representatives to ensure that logical and physical ER/Studio data models were developed in line with corporate standards and guidelines.
- Also worked on some impact of low quality and/or missing data on the performance of data warehouse client. Identified design flaws in the data warehouse.
- Developed OBIEE metadata repository at three layers- Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer.
- Worked on customizing Repository and configure metadata objects (Subject Area Table Column) and Web Catalog Objects such as Dashboards, Pages, Folders, and Reports.
- Oversaw/Assisted developing/converting over 200 discoverer reports using OBIEE 11g.
- Validated reports using OBIEE and Oracle data warehouse in comparison to current reports.
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
Environment: Oracle 11g, MS-Office, Rational Rose, ER Studio, OBIEE11
Confidential, NYC, NY
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Provided support for the development of the solution utilizing the Rational Software products and the Rational Unified Process (RUP). Acted as a guide to the IT staff on the RUP process.
- Assisted lead facilitator in Requirement Gathering, weekly validation sessions and worked alongside users/SME's recommendation and gather Business Processes.
- Conducted User Interviews and Work Shops to gather accurate Business Requirements.
- Conducted JAD and Joint Requirements Planning (JRP) sessions to gather requirements from the business area and to discuss different critical success factors of Operational Feasibility Analysis of the project.
- Interacted extensively with SME's including heads in areas of equities, fixed income, derivatives, options, futures and risk managers, asset managers to understand corporate actions, extracting requirements from discussions, and refining and documenting them into Business requirements.
- Convert Business requirement into Technical Requirements for the development team at various stages of the SDLC.
- Created activity diagrams, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams and data flow diagrams in MS Visio.
- Worked in creating the Security Master for the fixed income securities; this was implemented using the market data and reference data feeds from various sources like Bloomberg.
- Used Digital Security to create a firewall, setting up the user accounts, in which the users are authorized to view or change on the network, other information they are given access to and verifying that a user is indeed the proper user.
- Wrote and analysed complex Oracle PL/SQL queries to understand data flow between multiple legacy systems.
- Create and design Dashboard mock up screens for development purposes, understanding KPI's to understand success of system.
Environment: RUP, Rational Rose7.0, UML, SQL/PL SQL, Oracle, MS Project, MS Visio 2007, SQL server, WebLogic, HTML.
- Communicated with business Users to identify needs, define project scope, and detail functional and non-functional requirements.
- Met with client to gather user requirements.
- Gathered and analysed business requirements by facilitating JAR/JAD Sessions.
- Documented the Business requirements based on HIPAA compliance rules.
- Successfully used MS Visio Analysis model, gathered requirements, facilitating use case workshops in sessions.
- Analysed business Requirements, performed GAP analysis and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases.
- Analyse the Key Result area and Key performance area to present data to user with Dashboard metrics.
- Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews, and workshops and then convert requirements into technical specifications.
- Developed and delivered training and communications between different team members.
- Reviewed documents/templates and identified gaps and suggested changes to Quality Assurance team.
- Communicated with Business Partners on status of issues, action plans, and timeframe for resolution throughout development cycle.
- Involved in developing Test plan and Test cases based on Use cases and Functional Specifications.
- Created test cases for FRD to perform Integration tests and verify the integrity of the accounts built on FRD.
- Performed backend testing to check the system data integrity for insert, update, delete and retrieve transactions by being involved in writing complex SQL queries including joins, group by, having clause etc.
- Involved in preparing Data flow diagrams for the decision logic using MS Visio tool.