- An innovative and dynamic Business Analyst/QA Analyst with over 16 years of experience in business process analysis/modeling, business requirements gathering, and development of Point of Sale (POS) applications in various industry verticals like Telecommunication, Retail, Healthcare and Finance sectors
- Practical Knowledge in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirement capture, analysis, design and development in Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Waterfall, Iterative.
- Proficient in requirement elicitation techniques ranging from Joint Application Developments (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) Sessions, workshops and, project meetings, questionnaires, reviews, walkthroughs, and customer interviews.
- Experience with UML modeling diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data flow diagrams and ER Diagrams using such as Visio and Rational Rose.
- Performed ‘AS IS’ and ‘To BE’ analysis
- Excels in liaising with clients to, gauge their requirements, suggest appropriate solutions and achieve successful conversion of business opportunities into profitable deals
- Innovative & creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant insight founded on rock - solid strategic thinking
- Credible & articulate, with exceptional communication, presentation & interpersonal skills; enthusiastic and driven, with an overall passion for excellence
- Experienced with generating SQL reports, RPDs, and Reports using Business Intelligence
- An effective communicator with exceptional analytical, technical, negotiation and client relationship management skills with ability to relate to people at any level of business and management
- Gather requirements, maintain all related documents, and assist the Development team in preparing reports.
- Proficient in interacting with business users to identify information needs and initiating process changes,
- Involve in business process analysis & design and designing test plans cut-over strategy for changes as needed
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document (BRD), USE Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Implement best practices and efficient operations of the company by designing and improving business processes
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and role of BA.
- Participated in requirements analysis reviews and working sessions to understand requirements and system design.
- Hands on experience in handling UAT and regression testing.
- Extensive experience Visio, MS Project and MS office tools Like MS-Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Solid analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in tight schedules and on different applications concurrently.
- Flexible team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Data Mapping
- Problem solving skills
- Requirement Elicitation
- Business Process Management
- Business Modeling
- Financial reporting
- Gap Analysis
UML Modeling tools: MS Visio 2007
RDBMS: Oracle & SQLSERVER
BI tools: SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES
Modeling language: UML 2.0
Testing: Regression Test, UAT
Proto typing tools: Axure RP pro 6.5/7.0 and Balsamiq 2.0.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential, Novi, MI
Infotainment Business Analyst / Project Coordinator
- Conducted meeting with all stakeholders to gather information about the business process and requirements.
- Assisting PM in creating and modifying worksheets, Data Visualizations and Dash Boards,
- Created and updated business requirement documents and functional requirements documents.
- Created testing scenarios and validating functionality after testing by using SQL.
- Created Dash boards for performance review of the stake holders team.
- Gathered and documented all user stories to updated backlog along with project management team.
- Prepared process diagrams, workflows and flowcharts by using Laserfiche and Visio.
- Communicate project status to project sponsors, upper management and stack holders.
- Reviewed and updated policies, procedures and communicated them to business partners.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining data systems.
- Update documents for all phases of project development and executions.
- Identified and created all use cases and flow charts in Banner for Laserfiche by using Visio.
- Created workflows to each process and tested them in Laserfiche environment.
- Trained and working on Laserfiche, Fortis and Banner XE registration.
- Identify and Worked on issues with migrating files Fortis to Laserfiche
- Migrating files from Fortis to Laserfiche according to business requirements.
- Working with management to prioritize business and information requirements.
- Managed existing stakeholders following while developing new business process.
- Created SQL queries to retrieve and sort data from Banner.
- Responsible for data integrity from multiple applications to the Laserfiche.
- Responsible for processing change requests from stake holders to client and development team.
- Implemented projects that focused on the applications that are crossed multiple platforms (including web based applications).
- Created a parameterized report which consists of report criteria in order to limit the number of records and resources.
- Created templates for online forms and workflows to automate approval process.
- Designed forms for graduate school in Laserfiche using HTML/CSS.
- Conducted UAT with the cross-functional business teams to ensure Laserfiche application was aligned with the vision of the student and business teams.
Environment: UAT, HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuerry, Rational Rose, RUP, Agile, Java, SharePoint, MS Access, Visio, Web Services, JIRA.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Business Analyst
- Met with client groups to determine user requirements and goals.
- Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures and create a Business Requirement Document.
- Analyze business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity and Sequence using Rational Rose according to UML methodology.
- Derived Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) based on User Requirement Specification URS.
- Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into technical specifications.
- Wrote clear, concise detailed system requirements specification (SRS) documents and user documentation in accordance to guidelines and standards of a level where developers can interpret, design and develop the application with minimum guidance.
- Worked closed with Release Management for various releases on Agile projects.
- Designed Use Case Diagrams and wrote their specifications in the Use Case Specification documents based on the Requirements gathered.
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix in Requisite Pro for traceability of requirements through test cases.
- Involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
- Used Rational Rose to visually determine the proper structure, key elements and optimal design for your database and to aid efficient creation of tables, stored procedures.
- Created Entity Relation diagrams to represent the relationships existing between design the internal schema of a database, depicting the data tables, the data columns of those tables, and the relationships between the tables.
- Developed Objected Oriented UML models using Rational Rose.
- Developed Objected Oriented UML models using Rational Rose.
Environment: Tableau, Cognos, SQL, Rational Tools, UML, Agile, JIRA, Web Services, RUP, .Net, Java, Quality Center.
Confidential, Shreveport, LA
- Served as liaison between client area and information systems by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Served as internal project management lead within the information systems and business groups to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiencies.
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, designing and specifying systems and procedures that are cost effective, efficient and meet business requirements and corporate strategic goals.
- Provided business consultation, define business requirements, and analyze project impacts (business and systems). Perform analysis of the facts and identify potential solutions that will meet the business requirements.
- Prepared scope documents, system specifications and design recommendations for information system changes based on a thorough understanding of the business area and processes.
- Facilitated and understood data capture and tracking requirements defined by the business to monitor and improve projects and processes.
- Developed and delivered project related presentations to gain consensus of final approval to move forward with the projects.
- Developed status reports and other project communications, and determines project tasks and milestones.
- Developed information systems test plan components and test scripts with client subject matter experts.
- Coordinated client user testing and assist with execution of system test plans.
- Coordinated application defects through mitigation with software developers and line of business users.
- Documented a testing strategy to include environment, devices, operating systems and browsers.
- Worked with Client to determine cause of issues and determined appropriate personnel involvement (IST hardware, software, user,, Etc.) and either fixed/resolved issue or sent to the appropriate IST person to make programming repairs to system.
- Made recommendations to management on system and procedure improvements to ensure a more safe, reliable and accurate system and interface interaction.
Environment: Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, MS Visio, Project, Share Point, SQL, Rational Requisite Pro, Java, Agile, JIRA, Web Services, SOAP, UML.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
- Primarily responsible for acquiring business knowledge, streamlining the existing processes and documenting the business workflows for Sales, Member Enrollment etc.
- Created and delivered business and system specification documents for various Glidepath work streams.
- Gather, develop, coordinate, and maintain “SOA system requirements” for various projects and/or systems from initial phase to final SOA Web services implementation, assuring requirements meet enterprise standards
- Spearheaded requirements elicitation sessions, interviews, JAD sessions and application design sessions to understand and document project needs
- Identified and documented data and information flow requirements based on business process descriptions.
- Created Wireframes, User Interfaces and Prototypes
- Used Axure and MS Visio to create wireframes and Graphical User Interfaces
- Participated in developing a formal change control methodology for all requirement changes.
- Created various supporting documentation such as context level and Activity Diagrams for all the work streams
- Managed and documented the translation of business needs into requirements to communicate to the project team activities, resources, changes, and deliverables necessary to meet business objectives.
- Effectively resolved project risks, by conducting impact analysis on all proposed changes
- Used SQL to query Oracle & MS SQL Server databases
- Reported data anomalies and discrepancies in reporting database for resolution
- Maintained and safeguarded the member PHI in accordance with HIPAA and BCBSM regulations
- Extensive Customer Service Experience in assisting in the setup of the Glide Path Application.
- Coordinated various kinds of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including regression testing, system testing, integration testing, functional testing, alpha & beta testing
Environment: Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, MS Visio, Project, Share Point, Transact SQL (T-SQL), Web Services, Rational Requisite Pro, Java, J2EE, C++, NET, ASP.NET, Business Objects, XML, MS SQL Server 2008, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Axure
Confidential, Blythewood, South Carolina
- Performed complex design, implementation, and maintenance of multi product modules/sub-systems to ensure business needs were met. Assisted in outlining new product/service business case justification to ensure that proposed solution was capable of delivering articulated business benefits to clients.
- Participated in product design meetings with management, other developers and cross-functional technical teams to ensure that product development adhered to client specifications and was consistent across various units.
- Selected technology vendors to meet business needs. Participated in determining standards and best practices within area of product expertise.
- Investigated matters of significance discovered by quality assurance and product support to ensure that appropriate solutions were developed to address current and potential problems. Provided insight and advice to customers concerning applicability of specific complex products/technologies.
- Served as a subject matter expert on product systems, processes, network architecture, and interface capabilities.
- Tracked issues and projects using JIRA Software, keeping updated at all times for internal/external staff.
- Selected, oversaw and implemented technical product components, ensuring that solutions addressed client concerns. Coordinated development activities and compared solutions with other product development managers, vendors, and cross-functional technical groups to ensure solutions to product problems were consistent.
- Conducted unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits to ensure that final product was functional and met client specifications. Managed client expectations and balanced the needs of organization and client to ensure satisfaction for the various relevant parties.
- Identified potential uses for product and technologies, addressed issues and design strategies to ensure that product met business needs; recommended specific product configurations to assist with overall product design/integration and provided insight and advice to customers regarding applicability of complex products/technologies.
- Created test plans for acceptance testing. Conducted and/or participated in testing efforts and lead product launches into new and existing markets to ensure that product met business needs. Worked with clients during requirements definition sessions to ensure that business needs could be met; worked with vendors and operations groups on interoperability testing.
- Designed, conducted and directed user courses and determined those courses needed to address gaps in client knowledge of products and processes to adequately fit clients’ environment and needs.
Environment: Agile, Rational Tools, JIRA, RUP, UML, Quality Center
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Utilized Agile Methodology to configure and develop process, standards and procedures in all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Interacted with SMEs (Subject Matter Expert) while attending requirements gathering meetings with business owners and assist project managers with the development of complete business requirement documents and departmental projects
- Conducted sessions with the stakeholders for gathering business need to understand the business process about policies for Medicare, Medicaid and Mandates
- Created various UML diagrams like Activity diagram, Data flow diagrams and Sequence diagrams using Rational Requisite Pro
- Documented and published Functional and Non-Functional Specifications as well as the Business Requirement Document
- Conducted UAT Coordination and UAT Management sessions to spread uniformity among various teams
- Conducted Gap analysis and Impact analysis of the “To-Be” model and generated scope documents
- Involved with the developers and the stakeholders in conducting walkthroughs
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business, operations, and the technical teams throughout the project cycle also for Medicaid and Medicare
- Identified, tracked, researched and assisted in the resolution of system problems and testing
- Created data flow diagrams/ activity diagrams displaying all major actors in the claim management system regarding HIPAA, EDI provider claims transactions
- Assisted the Quality Assurance team for designing and developing test plans and test cases by using HP ALM
- Charted out Project Plan and ensured the compliance of the following EDI transactions: 277 - Healthcare claim status response using JIRA
- Provided weekly status updates to project stakeholders on the progress of project development activities by checking HP ALM Lifecycle Management
Environment: Java, Rational Tools, MS Office, Visio, Power Point, Agile, UML, HP ALM, JIRA, RUP, Oracle.
Confidential, Monroe, Michigan
UAT Tester/ QA Analyst
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and the Functional Specifications.
- Assisted and reviewed Test Plans by going through the design and functional specifications.
- Involved in preparing the Test data for interpreting the Positive/Negative results based on the design requirements.
- Reviewed the Designs and specifications and created Test cases based on the content.
- Involved in creating Data Sets for FINE.
- Involved in creating the functional specifications for a few screens. Involved directly with Users.
- Performed Functional and Integration testing for the RMS applications.
- Involved in Integration testing for RMS which involved other systems like POS, Middleware etc.
- Participated and coordinated in Test Case Walkthroughs.
- Created System and End-to-End test cases for the RMS applications
- Involved in logging in Change Requests reported during UAT.
- Performed Manual Testing of the application.
- Performed Backend Testing by writing Complex SQL queries.
- The Test sets that covered all aspects of the application functionality were scheduled and executed using Open script.
- Used Bugzilla as a defect tracking tool.
- Involved in creating UAT Test Cases and Data setup.
- Interacted with Business users for UAT (User Acceptance Testing), and tested the possibilities of system failure with UAT.
- Involved in attending meetings with the business users and reviewing the developed scripts to ensure that they were in accordance to the business user’s expectations.
Environment: Manual Testing, OPEN Script, Bugzilla, TOAD, Oracle, SQL, Java, XML, Windows, UNIX and MS Access
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Involved in Use Case sessions, Analyze process requirement and Review Business rules.
- Created Test Plans from Business Requirements and Design Documents and maintained Test Plans in Project folder.
- Involved in customization of requirements, Test Plan, Reports in Quality Center.
- Created Test Plans in Quality Center providing the Details and Step Designs to follow Test Scenarios in testing the Business Rules.
- Created Test Matrix to in corporate all Business rules and test scenarios.
- Lead a team of four members and guided them to complete system testing on time.
- Involved in background testing in Java and .Net environment.
- Organize weekly meeting to ensure all issues gets appropriate attention.
- Coordinating the Unit, Functional, Regression, Black Box and User Acceptance Testing.
- Coordinating the project work estimates and fulfillments for all QA activities and tasks needed for project delivery as required.
- Involved in writing SQL queries to retrieve data from data base in Toad.
- Linked Test Cases to application functional requirements ensuring trace ability throughout the testing process.
- Write in automated scripts via QTP that will use visual basic scripting language.
- Performed Data driven tests using QTP to verify database values to ensure transaction accuracy and database integrity.
- Entered the found defects in Quality Center to track their status, verifying them as they get fixed in next upcoming build.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Java, .Net, SQL Server, Oracle, Agile, Windows, JIRA, Test Director, TOAD
Confidential, Boston, MA
- As a business analyst, assisted the Project Manager in defining the detailed scope, objectives, architectural vision of the project, and worked with the design team during the Conceptual design phase.
- Conduct workflow, process diagram and GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements
- Worked in Agile Scrum SDLC
- Groom the product backlog and prioritize the stories in JIRA.
- Conduct daily stand up to track the estimate and actual efforts along with tracking sprint impediments.
- Regular meeting with SMEs, Product Owners, Sponsors and Business Analysts to groom the product backlog.
- Ensure project is on time and under budget by meeting milestones.
- Part of the Change Control Board / Governance team in handling change requests and conducting impact analysis.
- Designed Wireframes and Graphical User Interfaces for the Web and Mobile Applications.
- Maintained project milestones, schedules, and project progress using MS Project
- Documented Requirements for the Android and IPhone Mobile Application of Rue La La
- Participated in the Change Control Board Meetings which handled change readiness activities
- Use widely-accepted change management methodologies to manage change
- Reported the overall progress periodically to the Project Management and business stakeholders.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing
Environment: SDLC- Agile, Microsoft Word, Intershop, Excel, Outlook, MS Visio, JIRA, Java, C++, NET, ASP.NET, Business Objects
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
Sr.QA Analyst / Business Analyst
- UI Testing during the Wireframe stage and Prototype stage
- Involved in Gathering the Requirements from the User, Preparing High Level System Design Documentations
- Involved in Scrum Meeting
- Coordinating with Project Manager, Clients and Business Users in group meetings
- Create Test Plan and Test Cases for the UI Testing and Validation of the result with database.
- Developed lot of SQL queries for the database validation
- Participated in the Performance Testing.
- Interacted with the Automation team to provide the requirements and test cases for automating few areas.
- Log defects using Quality Center.
- Participate in defect review and prioritization meeting.
- Proactive team player by initiating or providing the test results on timely manner
Environment: Java, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Oracle, Load Runner, SQL, Waterfall Methodology, Crystal ReportsQuality Center and Windows.
Confidential, Chelmsford, MA
IVR Test Analyst
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specification and formulation of Test Plans and Test Cases in Quality Center for the Functional, Integration, end-to-end, Usability and Smoke testing.
- Performed the Manual Testing of the application before switching over to the Automation phase.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data.
- Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles.
- Managed defect reporting and tracking using Quality Center.
- Created, managed and executed Test Cases using Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Integration, System, GUI, Cross Browser compatibility, Ad- Hoc Testing.
- Prepared Test Cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into Quality Center.
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
- Managed weekly management status reports and coordinated meetings between test team and development team to review defects.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, VSS, UNIX., C++, VC++, Java
Confidential, Boston, MA
Financial Security Analyst
- Test case preparation, execution for System testing and Regression testing
- Wrote test cases based on the requirement document, use cases and design documentation
- Performed backend testing by executing SQL queries to validate data in the front end matches the data in backend
- Analyzed Functional Requirements and Business Requirement documents to get a better understanding of the system in both functional and business perspectives
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using Test Director
- Worked with Business Analyst in analysis of functional & technical design specifications
- Executed manual testing, scenario based testing, usability testing, regression testing, performance testing and stress testing
- Analyzed system specification and developed test plans for System Testing using and updating SDS document developed and executed test cases by understanding the System Requirements and Functional Specifications modified the test cases by collecting Change Requests
- Executed the Black Box, Functional, Unit, Integration and Regression testing through Win Runner to map against the expected results, assigned the defects to development team and re-validated the fixed defects.
- Performed data analysis using SQL queries based on applications.
- Reported the status of testing activities to the teams and management as necessary.
- Performed validation on both negative as well as positive scenarios in various use cases.
- Followed Defect management life cycle and raised the defects based on priority and severity level in QC
- Performed validation of reports & Dashboards
- Involved in Scrum meetings, involved in peer & group review of test cases
- Worked with SME to identify the gaps between the design and the requirement docs
Environment: Win Runner, Test Director, Oracle, SQL, Windows, JIRA, Agile Methodology, Visual Basic, Java