- Around 6 years of IT experience as Business Analyst in the areas of Business Analysis, Business Process Modeling, Data Quality Analysis, Reporting Analysis, Process Improvement, Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Quality Assurance Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Training.
- Conducted business and data analysis and developed the activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and created use cases using UML and AGILE methodology.
- Analyzed and synthesized results from Joint Application Development (JAD) session proposed alternative tasks and transform those into Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Used RUP and SDLC methodology, and managed the iterative cycles through an effective project plan created using MS Project.
- Acute understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and various methodologies including RUP, Agile, Waterfall.
- AS - IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Impact Analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Portfolio Analysis and ROI analysis.
- Expert at interacting with stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and end-users to understand, analyze, communicate and validate requirements using Joint Application Review (JAR).
- Providing traceability across the project by analysis and review of project elements involved in traceability including testing artifacts, end-user support documentation and training materials.
- Adept in modeling Business Process and writing and executing User Acceptance Testing and QA test cases.
- Skilled in performing business processes, identifying risks, impact analysis, UML modeling, sequence, & activity diagrams using Rational Rose & Microsoft Visio.
- Extensive Documentation Skills for use in Standardization of Testing and Programming Procedures and Guidelines. Extensive experience to analyze and document business requirements and system functional specifications including use cases.
- Used MS office Suite extensively which includes MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project for project documentation and analysis reports.
- Proven communication and exceptional people skills helped being a liaison between clients, SME’s, programmers and users.
- Process Improvement, Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Change Control Process, Quality Assurance Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) &Training.
- Extensive experience in gathering Business and Functional Requirement.
- Incorporated agile scrum methodology to develop the application.
- Excellent Skills in Performance Management to support strategic planning, goal setting, strengthen accountability, enhance decision making, and improve customer service.
- Effectively monitored the Defect Tracking process in the functional, integration and regression test phases of the project. Creating and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) using MS Excel.
- Highly motivated programming professional able to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment and to get the job completed successfully within user-specified goals. Good technical and communication skills.
Analytical Programming: Python (Scikit, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib), R, SQL, SAS, STATA
Visualization Tools: Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire
Statistical Techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, A/B testing, ANOVA, Multivariate analysis
Machine Learning Algorithms: Random Forest, SVM, Decision Trees, KNN, Principal Component Analysis, K-means, ANN, Naïve Bayes, Boosting Techniques
Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Scala, Linux
Other Tools: MS Excel, MS Access, MS Office, VBA
Confidential, Warren, NJ
- Involved in defining the source to target data mappings, business rules and data definitions.
- Data Analytics: Created interactive dashboards using large complex data sets to provide meaningful insights to senior management in Operational Risk Management.
- Provided analysis for the Fraud Risk and Fraud Operational Indicators. The analysis provided would solidify what data is actually correct and why. Any anomalies in the data are submitted to the correct team for remediation.
- Wrote FRD and other supplemental documents for a data automation and integration project.
- Work with business representatives from around the globe to ensure the appropriate data needed to calculate performance is available, timely, and accurate.
- Participated in creating user training manual.
- Developed advanced SQL queries to extract large quantities of data from disparate data sources based on business requirements.
- Presented/Trained business users around the globe on new enhancements of Citi’s Fraud Risk Application.
- Documented, clarified, and communicated the requests for change requests with the requestor and coordinate with the development and testing team.
- Wrote SQL using Oracle SQL Developer to retrieving data and performing data analysis and stored procedure to automate complicated testing procedures.
- Prepare and Validate data sets using excel and Tableau functionalities to ensure optimization and data integrity.
- Worked with the users to do the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Gathered requirements, analyzed and wrote the design documents.
- Worked closely with QA team and developers to clarify/understand functionality, resolve issues and provided feedback to nail down the bugs.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and identified indicators of potential internal, external and operational frauds.
- Facilitated meetings with senior level management, business partners and other associates to discuss product related sign-off activity during production.
- Report optimization and maintenance on Tableau server
Environment: MS Office Tools, SQL Server, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Outlook, Data Warehousing, Share point, RequisitePro, Rational Rose UML, Windows.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Business Data Analyst
- Maintain Weekly reports, Change Management documentation, project plans, and project minutes of meeting.
- Analyze Survey Results and conduct trend analysis
- Develop parameters of and maintain standard dashboard for KPI measurement on a weekly reporting cycle.
- Create Current and Future state diagrams and process flows, BRD, FSD for business and supporting technology teams.
- Act as SME (Subject Matter Expert) and liaison, supplying business knowledge and functional recommendations and evaluation input to technology development teams.
- Responsible for customer on boarding/contract Management process analysis through CSCC
- Possess knowledge & familiarity with Cisco RMA process & service compliance
- Use expert knowledge to understand customer business requirements, translate them into technical requirements and map these to differentiated value proposition.
- Help drive business process design efforts through requirements analysis and information gathering
- Identify metrics, develop & generate reporting processes to track key business indicators and metrics for Business Process Design efforts
- Analyzed large data sets (~2M records) to create dashboards, stories and visualizations (using Tableau, Qlik, Python,Excel, SQL) by enabling customers to measure effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns (Email/Media/Site/Social)
- Identify and provide analysis around resource or process gaps, business indicators and metrics
- Take ownership of key deliverables to help facilitate the transformation of Service Delivery best practices
- Assist with cost/effort estimates in collaboration with IT and Business Partners
- Quantifying the value of business case and Service Delivery opportunities Acquired a solid understanding of business/financial modeling and business case development
- Maintain & improve Customer Support Engineer Workflow in MyWorkZone which is maintained in SFDC.
- Perform Business Acceptance Testing (BAT) to verify requirements and business solution and supported User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Support Change Management team to develop impacts on Customer & Partner Experience
- WebEx Social Site & Cisco Doc Maintenance to manage project deliverables in a timely manner
Environment: UML, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), BRE (Business Rules Engine), Business Objects, Pentaho, CSOne, Windows.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Participated in Business Modeling by understanding the needs of the business and also documenting Business Use Cases as well as System Use Cases.
- Participated regularly in walkthroughs and review meetings with PM, QA Lead and development teams.
- Involved in financial management of project to budget work load per LOB.
- Accomplished experience through whole SDLC from requirement analysis till deployment, using highly efficient Scrum process of Software development.
- Identified and documented issues, risk and gaps, their descriptions, their impact and provided recommendation and alternatives to develop the application to meet the user requirements.
- Performed requirement analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with the Business process owners & stakeholders
- Write detailed requirement for System Enhancement and making high level concept diagrams for procurement.
- Experience in creating blueprint of the system, Database team in designing the database and maintaining the proper ER relationship.
- Formulated BRD (Business Requirement document) and FRD (Functional Requirements Document) with detailed specifications and workflow diagrams.
- Created Scope document, Project Request Form, Project Closure Form and secure signoff from project sponsor and other key stakeholders
- Coordinated and attended daily scrum meetings, iteration planning meetings, and backlog grooming for requirements prioritization and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gather requirements after JAD sessions with the purpose of defining the functional business, Data and system requirements.
- Identified the scope, business objective and documented the functional requirements for each release.
- Involve in Risk Analysis & Risk Management for creating and implementing documentation for technical team by supporting and also Designs systems and programs to meet complex business needs.
- Implemented agile methodology for running the whole product life cycle in project.
- Participated in GAP analysis around the identification of business rules and system process flows, user administration, requirements and assumptions.
- Conducted JAD sessions during the various stages of upgrading the matching system and discuss the current system preference.
- Worked actively with the QA (Quality Assurance) team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performed manual tests as part of the System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: MS Office Tools, SQL Server, MS Visio, MS Project, Data Warehousing, Share point, RequisitePro, Rational Rose UML, RUP, Windows.