- Around 7 years of Business Analysis experience in Information Technology and Insurance Sector.
- Strong experience in project management tools like Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Visiofor status reporting, project updates and project planning.
- Experience in working with SDLC methodologies RUP (Rational Unified Process), Waterfall and Agile Scrum.
- Sound knowledge of sales and marketing requirements of a global CRM system with excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision making skills
- Organized and participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) and Joint Application Requirement gathering (JAR) Sessions
- Strong experience with SharePoint, .Net, Business Java, PeopleSoft and SAP based applications.
- Experience in developing Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), functional Design Documents, business process flows and flow charts.
- Effective Project Scope Change Management and Configuration Change Management
- Organized weekly Project Status and Task Review meetings
- Well versed in working in a complex environment including onshore - offshore model.
- Maintained constant communication with project team manager to report progress, identify issues, and allocate resources.
- Expertise with UML tools, Swim lane diagrams applied for developing Use Case Diagrams, Activity and Sequence diagrams.
- Excellent skills in writing Business Requirement Documents, Functional Requirement Documents, Systems Design Specification, Workflows and diagramming skills for drawing UML diagrams such as State diagrams and Class diagrams.
- Proficient in developing efficient business relationships with various client teams in order to process and support requirements, develop tactical and strategic plans to implement technology solutions, and effectively manage client expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, technically competent and goal-oriented with problem solving skills and ability to work independently and use sound judgment
- Functional knowledge of various modules of insurance like channel management, policy servicing, claims management, underwriting, reinsurance and finance.
- Thorough understanding of insurance laws, regulations and company policies.
- Experienced in insurance claims systems implementation.
- Experience working with Reporting Packages, such as; Oracle Reports, Jasper Reports, Cognos, Business Objects
- Extensive exposure to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases including Initiation, Planning and Design, Execution and Construction, monitoring and control and closing.
- Expert in metrics development to measure performance
- Well versed in creating project plan and task tracking, and resource utilization
- Expert in analyzing existing operations and implementing effective systems, strategies and processes to improve organizational performance.
- Well experienced in client-relation management
- Excellent presentation skills and well experienced to present results to senior management
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing, fast-paced work environment
- Experienced in IT project budget analysis, outsourcing strategies and contract management with skills in writing proposals.
- Expertise to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks in meeting business objectives.
- Can efficiently handle testing, validation, support and back up recovery.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills and Leadership Qualities
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Participated in gathering user requirements, developing functional and non-functional requirements.
- Developed use cases/diagrams, conceptual model, behavior diagrams (sequence, collaboration, state chart, Activity), using MS Visio.
- SharePoint site owner with full Control permission level on that site only, including its content such libraries, lists, and items. Received e-mail notifications for events, such as the pending automatic deletion of inactive sites and requests for site access.
- Microsoft Lync used for web meetings and conference calls with business managers and program manager.
- Participated in JAD sessions for refining requirement, analysis, and design.
- Executed and performed the business analysis plan by working with the identified stakeholder.
- Conducted business analysis activities and supported business analysis communication.
- Conducted effective requirement analysis ensuring that behavioral, structural models, dynamic models and control models are used appropriately.
- Specified User and System functional requirements focusing on Data Flows, Data Models and the Data Dictionary.
- Assisted effectively in requirements prioritization, performed requirements allocation and documented requirements traceability.
- Supported verification, quality assurance and development activities which included reviewing test scenarios and designing.
- Responsible for the delivery of Business Requirements Documents (BRD) within project timelines.
- Created project plan and managed WBS elements
- Performed monthly budget forecasting, tracked financials and presented report to SLT.
- Prepared weekly and monthly status reports and score cards to share with senior project managers.
- Created monthly power point project status reports to show progress to senior leadership.
- Identified and eliminated bottlenecks to ensure the success of the project
- Performed monthly budget forecasting, tracked financials and presented reports to senior leaders.
- Created monthly power point project status reports to show progress to senior leadership.
- Set-up agenda and scheduled meetings to accomplish agenda objectives.
- Identified and managed critical path tasks to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Created weekly communication plans manage and coordinated the team of 15 project members
- Mentored and helped other team members to accomplish their tasks.
- Worked with Program managers and Senior Project managers
- Effectively worked in an On-site-Off-shore model
- Managed tasks, resources, and project plan as per the requirements.
- Managed and tracked risks and escalated to appropriate audience.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Business Analyst/Design Engineer
- Drives proposal reviews and assessments to ensure:
- The business drivers and high level requirements are captured for the impact assessment.
- High level estimates (effort, resources and budget) are developed for review by the requestor.
- Partners with key project stakeholders (Technology, Business Partners) to refine the functional requirements in alignment with the scope of the project, the expected timeline and quality objectives.
- Partners with Business Partners to ensure the BRD are/is accurate and complete.
- Responsible for working closely with the core project team (Business Partners and Technical Lead) to deliver the Detailed Requirements Document (DRD).
- Worked on securing customer facing web based applications and customer portals.
- Partners with technical team (Technical Lead, Shared Services Team) to define the functional design specifications.
- Partners with technical team to define system integration scripts and production hand-off document (PHD)
- Reviews and approves project deliverables, such as the technical specifications and test plans
- Coordinates with various teams (Vendor/TCOE/Business Partners) for functional and systems integration testing.
- Supports issue investigation and resolution during the testing phase (system integration testing, regression testing, performance testing, user acceptance testing)
- Provides support to Business Users to enable them to execute the UAT.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Swim lane diagrams, using Unified Modeling Language (UML), and with Rational Rose.
- Maintains project documentation in project repository (Project SharePoint Site) to reflect current updates and promote documentation current state.
- Proactively identifies, and escalates external functional dependencies to the Project Manager and works with project team to resolve.
- Proactively identifies and escalates key risks and issues to the Project Manager and works with project team to resolve.
- At the end of Design phase, provides effort estimate to Project Manager to establish the Level 1 estimate for effort and schedule.
- Supports Project Manager to communicate the scope, dependencies and impact/risk to the production environment for the release coordination to the Release/Change Management Team.
- Provides subject matter expertise to assess the impact of proposed scope changes (CRs) on the project deliverables (effort estimate).
- Partners with Project Manager to collaborate with Operations team throughout project lifecycle to ensure seamless transition through knowledge transfer and the production hand off document (PHD) process
Confidential - Indianapolis, IN
- Participated in test planning and wrote test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution.
- Involved in complete SDLC processes and understanding of QA methodologies.
- Executed test scenarios for Add/Change and Term Reinstate transactions for 834 files.
- Tested, validated and supported EDI, Transactions, and HIPAA Compliance format in FACETS platform.
- FACETS Rule based processing, determined errors and correct responses of the application.
- Developed test scripts with 834 files for FACETS.
- Involved in validating the mapping document between the 834 HIPPA Enrollment Data and the Facets.
- Used TPF business processes validations in 834 files.
- Performed verification and validations for provider benefits transactions.
- Created positive and negative test cases.
- Used Serena Dimensions Change and Configuration Management tool to collect and refine project requirements.
- Used Selenium and UFT tool to develop the test cases.
- Tested the backend database using SQL queries.
- Performed white box testing on the applications.
- Used Mainframe CICS for AMISYS online transactions.
- Performed 834 files through XML Check the responses.
- Performed in Web Applications and black box testing to validate the functionalities.
- Involved integration and end-to-end testing manually.
- Extensively involved in 508 testing.
- Checked the transactions involving TSYS TS2 frames.
- Responsible for GUI, sanity, system, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Tracked defects and updated comments accordingly in Quality Center 9.0/10.0.
- Monitored closely the defects/cases as and when Developers fixed the defects primarily using HP Quality Center and QTP
- Monitored data extensively in Facets Integration.
- Performed end-to-end testing on the transactions developed using FIX protocol.
Environment: HIPAA 4010 and 5010, PEGA, Trizetto Facets, TIBCO, Oracle 9i, EMPI, SOAP UI, Web Service, CICS, JCL, HP Mercury Quality Center, Windows XP, HTML, SQL, SQA, SOA, FTP, SFT, Serena Dimensions, ITKO, Citrix, Agile environment, HIPAA compliance, TSYS TS2, MS Outlook, Business Objects, FIX, TPF, LoadRunner, Selenium, HP Quality Center
Confidential, Enfield, CT
- Gap Analysis of Client requirements, generated workflow process and necessary documents.
- Obtained business requirements in form of users stories from users and stakeholders using JAD sessions, brain storming sessions, focus groups and personal interviews to get a better understanding of the client's business process.
- Analyzed the as-is and to-be state of the project and performed Gap analysis, Impact analysis and SWOT analysis.
- Worked with the business to document and develop formulas for the calculation of premiums and losses statistics in the marts (eg. Written Premium, Earned Premium, Unearned Premium)
- Elicited, documented, modeled, validated and prioritized functional and non-functional requirements using interviews, data analysis, and different modeling tools.
- Defined the scope of the project based on the gathered business requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts, Project risks and scope exclusions.
- Analyzed and optimized the process. Prepared Business Requirement Document and then converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification and Technical Specification using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Actively involved in preparing and writing the business requirement documents, functional requirement documents.
- Communications liaison between business managers of assigned CRM applications and software engineering team, ensuring alignment of technology solutions to business strategy and facilitating project execution.
- Assist in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet user requirements.
- Responsible for applications representing over four million customer interactions per year.
- Utilized MS Visio for designing Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams, after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Assisted System Architects and Quality Assurance Analysts in creation of various tests.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Assisted in deletion of defects and bugs, in order to meet specific requirements and deadlines for successful execution of the project.
- Worked as an SME for identifying the scope of End-to-End testing with different teams
- Coordinated UAT of the product with Business Users.
- Created screen mock, UI mocks using iRiseand also created data element dictionary.
- Used MS Project for status reporting and planning.
Environment: MS Outlook, MS Office, Agile Scrum, Rally, Quality Center, UML, Oracle, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 7, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, RUP, UML, Clear case, Clear Quest, Win Runner, Test Director, Oracle 8i, SQL, PL/SQL, Salesforce.com, MS Office, Windows 2000 .
- Facilitate requirements gathering and documentation, client management and UAT testing.
- Work closely with the team on problem analysis and data gathering, driving conflict/issue resolution and managing the communication of status of significant business process issues.
- Design, create, and document process flows, technical requirements lists, specifications, diagrams, scenarios, mockups, and/or models for the development team.
- Attend client calls and update weekly status report to all the stakeholders.
- Assess business risk, potential severity, probability and strategy.
- Review business and system requirement with stakeholders and obtain sign offs.
- Ensure that the requirements are comprehensive, clear, testable, well documented and maintained.