- Over twenty years of experience providing business analysis, an integral component of IT development, in the federal government, health care and financial services industries.
- Championed and led a Business Analysis Center of Excellence (COE) initiative that resulted in a centralized point of expertise, integrated processes and practices, as well as provided institutional oversight control and waste reduction.
- Served as Lead Analyst on the Confidential Project Team that was ed the President’s in 2003 for the Contractor Performance System which, enabled all federal civilian agencies to evaluate government contractor’s performance electronically.
- Demonstrated success as a team leader by creating a positive environment through: coaching and mentoring junior team members; assigning and monitoring the workload of the team while meeting client expectations; respecting the work - life quality of team members; and providing candid and meaningful feedback in a timely manner.
- Requirements Engineering
- Project Management
- Systems Analysis
- Configuration/Change Management
- Business analysis
- IV& V
- Data Warehousing/Mining
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Senior Systems Analyst/IT Consultant
- Identify and create clear and concise alternative, constructive and forward thinking solutions for multiple business objectives and requirements.
- Establish and refine RUP, SCRUM, and Kanban continuous deployment processes, as well as the traditional waterfall methodology used on some projects.
- Create product concepts based on company strategy that can later be prioritized on the PBI and broken down into user stories.
- Conduct regular meetings for iteration planning, status updates and sprint reviews ensuring that the project’s WIPs were being reviewed and addressed daily.
- Develop strategies, test plans, test cases and scripts for user acceptance.
- Demonstrate proficiency in facilitating interviews and workshops, process overviews, walk-throughs and meetings with individuals at various levels for understanding of the business process or problem domain to identify high-level business requirements for decomposition into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Created a rules catalog which addressed constraints to be adhered to by the various products and serve as the basis for a rules engine.
- Model the business process in terms of component activities and the flow of work amongst them (BPMN, DFD).
- Develop screen prototypes and initial data element dictionary.
- Provide knowledge, guidance and oversight of daily ETL functions from NIH’S Confidential to the centralized federal government-wide Past Performance Information Retrieval System (PPIRS).
- Conduct sprint planning activities, task estimates, task sequencing, task assignments, review and retrospectives.
- Perform technical tasks including site architecture, master and secondary page layouts design and prototypes, workflow and navigation diagrams, and requirements elicitation and documentation on various website projects.
- Implementation of effective requirements and process improvement practices such as fact gathering elicitation methodologies, documentation formalization and representation, baselining and version control, traceability, measurements and reporting.
- Development of requirements management policies, processes and plans for deployment across all projects which aided in the division’s goal of attaining CMMI Level 3 .
- Selected or served on the selection committee for the division’s acquisition of several requirements management tools such as Telelogic’s DOORS, Microsoft TFS, HP ALM, TestTrack RM, Remedy and other tools.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Lead Business Systems Analyst
- Evaluated work plans and provided technical guidance to ensure milestones were achieved and project tasks were aligned with work products.
- Designated resources to projects based on complexity levels and scope; delegated work assignments and monitored team activities to ensure completion within established deadlines and to rectify any issues or impediments.
- Responsible for BA Team, performance goal-setting, management and evaluation reviews.
- Authored business process documents for the purpose of providing an understanding of the business process concepts and models, assist business analysts through the various phases of BP analysis and reengineering, and provide the necessary tools, templates and forms for BP documentation, planning and tracking.
- Under my leadership and supervision, a team of analysts reengineered the automated processes for uploading Portfolio and Transfer Agency transactions onto the DST Accounting system.
- Recommended and led the implementation team that changed the data transference protocol from SNA to TCP/IP BY replacing the BARR RJE (Remote Job Entry) with BARR NJE (Network Job Entry). In doing so, transmission time was increased by 200% and the functional transmission task was decentralized.
- Designed and implemented Lunch ‘N Learn sessions for the Accounting department entitled “Unlock the Power of PAM.” These sessions were designed to educate personnel with an understanding of the PAM (Portfolio Asset Management) system’s database processes, tables and structure to enable business users to perform simple queries and generate ad-hoc reports using Cognos’ Impromptu thereby relieving them of IT dependency.
- Managed the development and implementation processes for an enterprise-wide data repository that included the elicitation and documentation of business rules and requirements, test planning and execution reporting. The primary objective of the repository was the collective warehousing and dissemination of data from a common platform in a generic format.
Confidential, McLean, VA
IT Business Analyst/Consultant
- Provided technical guidance and leadership to enhance performance results and ensure quality project deliverables.
- Executed complex testing of BSA work products to identify defects, to meet standards, and to ensure effectiveness.
- Performed requirement analysis and coordinated the business test planning and support of OmniPlan 7.1.
- Conducted analysis of root causes and defects, identified key and recurring problems, and provided solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Delivered summarized findings of problems to executive management with recommended proposed actions.
Confidential, Freeport, NY
- Provided knowledge and performance workflow management solutions.
- Developed a data repository of contact information from multiple core systems for registered investment advisors of a major mutual fund company enabling advisors to access information primarily stored on the mainframe from their laptops while out in the field.
- Directed and coordinated website development and multi-media projects for an advertisement firm by conducting and documenting user sessions to obtain scope/need, perform feasibility studies, market surveys and managing various reengineering initiative projects.
- Provided BPR models and project plans for office automation, after performing thorough evaluations of their workflows and system processes. Modeled data for RDMS using ER/Studio.
Confidential, Uniondale, NY
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Served as the principal liaison between the trust department and internal IS personnel, as well as software vendors and subcontractors.
- Designed, developed and implemented a Paradox application using PAL (Paradox’ Program Application Language) for participant distribution tracking.
- Prepared system specifications, user requirements and documentation that facilitated the development and/or enhancement of program modules and testing.
- Served as a committee member on several Sungard user development and design committees.
Confidential, St. Petersburg, FL
- Monitored all system processes and handler activities, edited program and job workflows.
- Provided technical support on weekends and after-hours.