- Highly adaptive and driven individual with 6+ years of experience in the IT field
- Experience with emphasis in business analysis, solution design, SDLC, agile methodology, business process modeling, quality assurance, documentation & data analysis
- Passion for servicing internal and external customers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to facilitate group discussion and build consensus between business team and IT team
- Skilled in translating business needs into functional requirements
- Proficient in areas of Technical and Analytical support and in applying and implementing Agile (SCRUM), Waterfall and Hybrid Methodologies
- Skilled in refining change requests into JIRA issues/stories and creating backlogs
- Effective communicator with excellent relationship building & interpersonal skills
- Involved in Hybrid framework projects which included creating waterfall methodology artifacts: FRD, Use Case, Screen mockups, Wireframes, Use case diagrams and Activity diagrams.
- Produced artifacts including: Product Backlogs, Sprint Backlogs, Epics, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, etc.
- Inclined to support the development team in terms of imparting domain and clarifying business queries as and when required
- Experienced and highly skilled with multiple testing environments
- Experience in engaging Business and IT teams for gathering and eliciting detailed Requirements using effective requirements gathering and elicitation approach.
Business Requirements, Functional Design Documents, Technical Specifications, Solutions Design, Impact & Estimation Analysis, SDLC, MS Word, Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Crystal Reports, Use Cases, Process Flows, Business Rules, User Interface, Editing, Writing, Communications, Report Mock - Ups, Requisitepro, JIRA, Zephyr, EMR, McKesson, Quality Center, Application Lifecycle Management, SQL
Confidential, McHenry, IL
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Operated on a team of business analysts to perform requirements elicitation, process analysis, and to address and resolve service requests submitted by hospital teams including doctors, assistants, nurses etc.
- Conducted daily stand-up meetings to collect and distribute service requests throughout business analyst team.
- Utilized EMR software (McKesson) to retrieve and update data from clinical databases and patient folders.
- Regularly created and updated requirements documents.
- Utilized Salesforce to record and monitor request tickets and to communicate with client teams.
- Facilitated and conducted cross-communications between client team, development, admin team, reporting team and third-party vendors.
- Initiated and oversaw large-scale application upgrades on a regular basis.
- Assumed responsibility of gaining administration access, budget approvals, contract reviews, etc.
- Worked with an offshore team to produce and regularize reports and software changes.
- Managed multiple projects at one time. Analyzed model test discrepancies to identify trends and worked with programmers to reach resolution.
- Established cost and time estimates for development and implementation of projects.
- Created communication plans (presentations, power points) to conduct knowledge transfers to leadership.
- Guided end users through complex application functionality.
Sr. Functional Business Analyst/Quality Assurance
- Operated under an agile scrum environment.
- Conducted daily client engagement in order to gather and specify requirements for feature teams.
- Collaborated with product owners and analysts to gather and refine change requests into epic stories and user stories, and to create, populate, and perform daily upkeep of both product and sprint backlogs using JIRA.
- Participated in and facilitated agile scrum ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, scrum-of-scrums meetings, sprint review meetings, product backlog refinement meetings, retrospective meetings, etc. Produced and performed upkeep of a daily scrum board and provided daily updates to product owner and feature teams
- Worked within two-week long sprints/iterations to create artifacts including business requirements documents, functional requirements specifications documents, master field index/validation documents, JIRA issues including epic stories and user stories, Specification-by-example documents, etc.Regularly assumed the role of a SME (subject matter expert) in order to provide clarity and specification of requirements to feature team.
- Worked alongside application developers to assist with creation of testing tools and to implement TDD (Test-driven development).
- Regularly performed test plan preparation, test case executions, performed upkeep of bug trackers and assisted production support team with defect resolution, made collaborative efforts with UAT team to bring each task/user story to the project’s agreed-upon “definition of done”.
- Worked with users to perform live demonstrations and functionally test the product.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for working on system enhancements and process improvements to the front end application which provided new and existing patients with the best possible customer service in relation to their drug prescriptions, clinical services, billing inquiries, patients suggestions and complaints consistent with service and quality standards
- Proposed solutions to customer technical issues by researching all systems used and introducing a user friendly FAQ document.
- Extracted, discussed, and refined User and Business Process Requirements from SME’s of Business User Groups.
- Also, co-authored User and Functional Requirements Documents by interacting with development team.
- Conducted test cases and test scenarios in order to validate requirements during testing/QA Stage of SDLC.
- Worked closely with UAT to verify testing; regression, smoke, white box, negative.
- Walked users through products and allowed them to test functionality
- Included UAT testers in all work in order to make sure deliverables/requirements being built were testable
- Formulated and documented a new business process to handle the flow and escalation of help desk requests.
- Managed team of Help Desk/Support Analysts using MS Projects to better help assign appropriate tasks and ensure team was time efficient.
- Provided day-to-day reporting to team lead for all aspects of corporate computing facilities
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
Business Systems Analyst
- Collaborated with Business clients, Architects, Program Director, Project Manager, Systems Analysts and Business Analysts to perform assessments, identify cross-functional impacts and gather order-of-magnitude estimates from impacted technology applications.
- Projects encompassed a number of integrating applications and multiple projects, including the Reporting, User GUI, and Business Objects Interface utilities.
- Developed Solution Design documents in a cross functional matrix environment, making substantial contributions to team efforts.
- Worked on multiple projects involving enhancements to insurance application for commercial Property and Casualty (Automobile, Business Owners, General Liability and Property Insurance) products; the projects also involved enhancements to user facing applications done by assessing system capabilities and interdependencies to define business solutions.
- Involved in writing the business requirements of a large and complex remediation project for the EPC Web-Focus reporting system, agent commission statements and user interfacing GUIs.
- Gathered, analyzed, and documented functional requirements for two concurrent large remediation initiatives: the rewrite of a user interface which allowed clients to enter manual commission adjustments and the rewrite of 50+ Producer reports that sourced directly from SAP to eliminate performance issues, processing contention and system failures
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
Business Systems Analyst
- Served as a liaison between IT and Business teams, working with development and QA teams in the planning and implementation of the Tax ware modules (a third party vended application); this software interfaced with Confidential and integrated with the Sales Tax Systems which determined the taxing jurisdictions and applicable tax rates.
- Planned, coordinated and assisted in the deployment of upgrades and IT services from Tax ware, International
- Involved with business system analysis in the Merchandise Information Systems team, providing data analysis and maintaining Item Applications and respective metadata on item attributes and feeds
- Worked on a multi-phased project which replaced a distressed IMS Item Application with DB2 and APS/Cobol software solutions.
- Executed and engaged in Release Management process for releases to production
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked on multiple projects involving comprehensive online life insurance application that provided free insurance quotes to individuals and for families; worked for Billing, Payment, and Document Management systems for commercial Auto and Home Insurance products.
- Identified and clearly defined functional issues and supported IT development staff throughout the design, development, unit testing, and implementation phases of the software development life cycle.
- Involved in Requirement gathering on existing E-Bill process and documentation, Analysis of existing resource allocation and financial forecasting process, Analysis and suggesting improvements in the existing compliance process, Co-ordination with project team members to ensure compliance, and Security analysis
- Resolved open issues; addressed risks based on priority and was the point of contact for fixing defects by engaging appropriate teams.
- Involved in reviewing Test Plans created by QC team which were required to perform all aspects of setup and testing for assigned applications used by client