- Throughout my career, I have been successful completing very complex assignments to identify and define strategic business issues that require analyses and translates this information into insight, knowledge and understanding of the business and the industry. I consult and perform analysis which involves data mining from multiple sources and/or data modeling.
- Analytics involved generally span multiple functional areas/business lines/data sources.
- Responsibilities also include identifying opportunities for business requirements, process improvements, and additional SQL models to analyze and forecast business performance; participating in and/or leading management information capabilities development work.
- Interpret and present results of analyses and recommendations to senior management and/or executives.
- Ensure adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
- Data involved is very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- To a certain degree, I have been involved directly or indirectly in the technical build - out and/or support of SDLC, application databases, SQL querying, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards…etc that enable analysis, modeling, and/or data visualization.
- I have lead project teams and mentor lower level analyst.
SAS Base 9 Certified (Beginner), STATA, 2012 Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, SQL (2008/2012), Oracle, Tableau, TOAD, Vizio, JIRA.
Business Systems Analyst
- Help lead the involvement of Software Development Lifecycle phases for new applications. Act as a liaison between the business and technical team by planning meetings and conducting analysis of complex business problems. Help create application data flow diagrams of internal and external data sources, maintain metadata, create documentation, and learn complex database systems. Ensure applications are in compliance with bank and regulatory policies.
- Update agile scrum board using JIRA and Microsoft Excel to delegate technical team’s tasks to complete action items on time. Responsible for the Application Lifecycle Management “Sunrise” process for new applications to ensure compliance before deployment. Assist SQL developers with test cases by testing system functionality before migration of database to the private cloud network. Create source to target mappings. Follow data documentation playbook to demonstrate how the application is configured for our end users.
- Work directly with key business stakeholders to gather requirements, learn workflows, and complete deliverables. Interact proactively with business and technical stakeholders to identify software development challenges of the application. Provide support for all related business functions. Work collaboratively within the team to complete business deliverables on time for a successful application implementation.
Senior Data Analyst
- Provide technical data analytic support to the Single Family Real Estate Ownership line of business.
- Work cross-functionally with the Accounting team by providing reports that help validate the general ledger. Run SQL Queries on millions of data records for active and non active loans within the Confidential portfolio to report month over month variances and loan balances. Work on multiple time sensitive production reports by modifying and/or creating SQL statements for report generation. Run SQL Queries for dynamic and static reports, create SQL procedures, and extract data that meet the Accounting team’s reporting requirements. Provide sophisticated reports to the end users that effectively highlight adjustments to loans, property acquisitions, and charge offs within the portfolio. Leverage SQL (TOAD Oracle) skills to mine data from different database tables with massive data storage. Modify and build SQL queries from scratch. Utilize SQL to data pull, create join(s), and manipulate data.
- Apply strong analytical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills to build strong working relationship with business and technical staff. Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Ability to quickly learn complicated systems, SQL Statements, and understand general ledger to understand the loan structures within the portfolio.
Senior Data Integrity Analyst and Business Systems Consultant
- Lead the design and development of data governance and data quality strategies for System of Records and Authorized Provisioning Points that transmit core data to downstream applications. Comply with Confidential 239 and other regulatory requirements to ensure that all data consumed by applications are in compliance with banking policies.
- Utilize Abinitio to create SQL like statements based on business rules to ensure that core data are the highest quality and can be used for reporting applications.
- Help align data streams from different sources into new data quality models using Abinitio. Ensure proper implementation of data rules by running SQL statements to test data quality.
- Utilize cutting edge software tools such as Ab Initio, SQL, and Microsoft Office to deliver an effective and efficient solution that simplifies the data environment in data warehouses.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Lead multiple projects and by gathering business requirements for report automation. Support the Consumer Lending Credit Card and Payments line of business.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives through research and fact finding combined with an understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to understand business strategies, operations, and opportunities to develop technical capability roadmaps that align with business roadmaps. Include analysis of business and user needs, document requirements, and revise existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
- Create SQL and/or SAS scripts from scratch. Modify existing queries to address changing business needs. Query on very large tables and data sets for reports. Utilize data indexes for more efficient data extraction. Manage multiple reports on a daily basis and deliver before deadlines.
- Responsible for market research reporting efforts to support the analysis of the energy marketing team to assess product performance, profitability, campaign results and other research support as needed. Responsible for the full life cycle of data analytics, such as; extract, clean, validate, manipulate, test, report and maintain reporting on business metrics. Write intermediate to advance SQL Scripts for data mining and analysis.
- Track and analyze trends for competitive advantage for our product and service offerings across existing and emerging gas markets and segments. Support energy marketing team by generating and transmitting lists required for marketing strategies. Analyze and report on marketing efforts for all channels and products. Understand the business to translate requirements to reporting metrics and suggest new/better reports to assist marketing team. Create ongoing reports to monitor and keep abreast of changes in our customer base as it relates to the demand of gas services. Display strong analytical and quantitative skills to disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
IT Data Analyst
- Act as liaison between the business units, technology and support teams by participating in data resolution efforts with our stakeholder to prepare and execute business requirements for data conversion into the production databases. Effectively communicate with system owners on deliverables to problem solve on-going data challenges before implementation of each database module.
- Ensure data structures and table layouts follow IT standardization and naming conventions. Utilize advance analytical skills to examine data vigilantly to problem solve and report findings to senior management. Obtain table attributes from the original source of data, gather the corresponding or “mapped” list of attributes for the target data repository, define translation of rules and any data manipulation that needs to happen as information moves between the two sources, set default values, combine fields, or map values.
- Write SQL queries to extract large data sets from data warehouse and create user reports to support ongoing initiatives for the Georgia Vital Registration and Events System (GAVERS) application. Reconcile data between multiple database sources and systems to ensure that data records have been cleansed and converted according to the functional specific requirements for production.
- Create meaningful statistical analysis to forecast customer retention and churn to measure month to month performance on products and services for our list of clients.
- Identify new research opportunities and areas of improvement for connected vehicle utilization and technology to retain and find new customers.
- Extract data from data warehouse to gather, collect, and identify trends directly related to marketing campaign initiatives to determine root cause of customer enrollment and other market behaviors that affect customer demand. Analyze “forecast” vs. “actuals” report on a daily basis to brief management if new enrollment for product services are meeting company expectations after marketing campaigns.
- Analyze notes and sales data from the call center to communicate business needs, technical systems and operational requirements to marketing executives. Research new sales opportunities by analyzing the “customer journey” from trial enrollment to paid subscribers.
IT Data Analyst
- Apply advance data and research analytics to improve standardized methods and procedures to increase efficiency and prompt handling of “Point of Sale” IT software to minimize “events” that prevent sales transactions. Communicate with senior management to create business requirements for software upgrades that improve functionality of software application. Provide data reports to support on-going initiatives and highlight improvements.
- Create SQL like queries using Service Now (Querying software tool) to identify and remediate abnormal data patterns and trends before the “events” become internal problems by creating built-in dashboard reporting and analytic techniques. Independently create dashboards to standardize IT processes, perform root cause analysis, prevent future disruptions and keep stakeholders informed on application performance.
- Responsible for extracting, cleaning, and manipulating data for multiple projects for the online merchandising department. Utilize in-house software querying tool to convert extracted data into new data environment. Transfer files in a timely manner for data deployment for production. Ensure converted data accurately maps to online product category to increase efficiency for end user.
- Demonstrate ability to use SQL queries to extract, manipulate, analyze, and interpret large sets of data. Respond promptly to ad-hoc request from management and team.
- Demonstrate the ability to use Microsoft Excel advanced functions, such as; VLookup, Pivot Tables, Advanced Filtering, and Calculated Functions to analyze and interpret data for reporting purposes.