I am looking for a challenging position as a Business Analyst where I can deploy and use my technical, academic knowledge and extensive experience in the best possible method.
- Over 8 years of IT experience as a Business/Data Analyst in different sectors of business such as Health care, Retail, Banking, Payroll.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, Data Analysis, Application Design, Data Modeling, Application Development, Implementations and Data Quality Testing as different segments of SDLC as per RUPís Iterative approach using UML. Business, Process, Product, Application, and Functionality Analysis and Improvement
- Extensively involved in test planning, scenarios, scripts and test execution, functional, integration, performance and regression testing of Oracle Applications including ebusiness suite.
- Good knowledge, understanding and experience of object oriented analysis and design concepts, client server applications, service oriented architecture and data conversion needs.
- Data feed analysis and mapping of requirements, functionality (components, workflow, databases, rules), processes, system/application dependencies and risks, and best practices.
- Managed UAT testing and test scripting, criteria, and execution through hands-on as an end user and directly with end users for Web UI design and development.
- Drive initiative for usability and customer experience.
- Manage and mentor analysts, build and testing, US/Offshore teams and vendors, and writers.
- Global vendor management of Offshore teams in London, India, Australia, New Zealand, Ukraine for requirements, design, modifications, change/release.
- Project Control: Scope, Statement of Work, Plan, SWOT, Resources, Traceability, and Timeline through complete life cycle.
- Documentation Control: Software/project matrices, product, team and document repositories, user and training guides
- Data Warehouse experience with Informatica, Ab Initio, Cognos Decision Stream, SQL Server, Oracle, Unix, DB2
- Experience in Database Design, Entity-Relationship Modeling, Dimension Modeling, Star Schema & Snowflake with Kimball methodologies
- Experience in upgrades, implementations and support including PeopleSoft 7.0x, 7.5x, 8.0x, 8.3x, 8.8x and 8.9x and SAP HCM.
- Functional HRMS experience (HR, Payroll and Benefits Administration, ePerformance), Position Control, Time & Labor, Project Management, Project Lead, PeopleTools, SQR, SQL, Oracle, DB2, Technical Writing, Documentation, Integration Assessments (JAD), Training, Testing (Test Plans & Scripts), Crystal Reports, MS Project, MS Office Suite, Visio, HTML, Front Page.
- Expertise in analysis, design, data mapping/transformations and load processes in conversion projects primarily from legacy systems into relational databases
- Expertise in Business Intelligence/ DSS Data-warehouse projects where data analysis, warehouse design and data mapping are key components in Enterprise Data Warehouse environments
- Excellent experience with working with SQL and PL/SQL for designing, developing and testing conversion data from different systems.
- Experience in creating efficient and effective requirement and design documentations involving data mappings and the necessary data models using ERDís.
- Extensive experience in writing Use Cases, Functional specifications, Scenarios, Business processes, Workflows, Process flows, Test cases and Test Plans.
- Hands on experience of using MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, Rational tools, Data Modeling tools, ETL tools, Database and Reporting tools.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers and to limit a projectís exposure to the forces of change
- Involved in designing the QA Methodology, Quality Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts
- Experience in coordinating with the configuration and change management groups for Clear Case Version Control and Build Making process
- Extensive experience using Informatica, Datastage as ETL tools on AbInitio,Teradata, SQL Server(including SSIS designer) , DB2 and Oracle Databases (including (Oracle Applications ERP suite)
- Experience in training users to the new systems and working with different groups to educate them and identify any issues/defects/bugs at earlier stage in the lifecycle
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and a motivated team player with good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to organize, document and track changes and defects using MR tools like ClearQuest and CaliberRM.
- Specialize in gathering (user) functional requirements using various requirements modeling and UML tools including Rational Rose, Rational clear case and MS Visio.
Front-End Tools: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Rational Suite of Tools, TOAD Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Java, HTML, ASP, Visual Basic, Perl Databases: MS Access, Oracle 7.x/8.x/9i,DB2 UDB, SQL Server 7.x/8.x/2000, Teradata Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, SWOT, Cost/Benefit, RUP Testing Tools: WinRunner, LoadRunner, QTP, Test Director Data Modeling Tools: Erwin, Power Designer Data Warehousing Modeling: Snowflake and Star schema modeling ETL Tools: Informatica, Datastage Reporting: Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix, Linux
Professional Experience Confidential, 12/2007 Ė Present Atlanta, GA Title: Business Analyst The Home Depot is the largest home improvement retailer in the United States and the fourth largest general retailer. The store operates over 2300 stores out of large warehouse style buildings averaging 105,000 ft with megastores operating in larger facilities. The Home Depot is fortune 50 companies with over 100,000 employees
Projects Summary: Worked on four concurrent projects (New Point of Sale System, Consumer Credit Card Application System, Employee Performance Review System, HR and Payroll-SAP HCM upgrade, Peoplesoft Financials upgrade) from project initiation, requirements gathering, cost estimations, procurement of funding, design, development, testing, deployment and project closure. I have extensively utilized ITUP project management process and tools such as PRISM, Webster, FILENET and Documentum document management systems. Worked with cross functional teams in these projects with resources managed by outside vendors as part of Managed-Services business model. Collaborated with offshore and onshore resources to develop necessary project development/artifacts and ensured work efforts completed accordingly within the approved plan. Conducted periodic status meetings with stakeholders and project teams to measure progress; identify issues and risks making use of project schedules developed in MS project. Utilized IT development experience to communicate better with IT application teams interpreting and implementing proposed solutions.
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR). Created test cases and test scripts.
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Ensured quality of new features for PeopleSoft Financials 9.1 Upcoming Release, testing product for improvements and eliminating potential problems reducing customer cost.
- Orchestrated PeopleSoft Financials 8.9 Release bundles, accurately fixing all financial problems.
- Created more than 40 reworks and over 40 software bug issues during functional testing for development team for fixes before passing them to customer, delivering high product quality and exceeding expectations.
- Supervised quality of Expenses module of PeopleSoft Financials and trained new employees in India on how to resolve issues, facilitating smooth transition and driving company profitability
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Lead the efforts of the client architecture team in defining the Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse end-to-end architecture.
- Worked with the client architecture team in defining tools, processes and technologies to be leveraged on the data warehouse.
- Worked on designing and creating the architecture of data warehousing star schema logical database model using Erwin.
- Evaluated processes and on-going support structures to enable reuse and efficiency.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements.
- Developed use case with UML for new product functionality. Updated SOPs and WIs.
- Documented Software System Requirements (SSR) and BPR for SAP R/3 4.7 and BW teams. Documentation Control and Management: Created online help/training pages for self-help knowledge base. Developed unified documentation styles, formats and templates.
- Developed a document repository for application version and document release management.
- Updated System Change Request (SCR) forms for Product Data Management (PDM).
- Traced test cases and functional specifications to SSRs and BPRs using DOORS. Determined user/business/functional requirements. Created vision, scope, and use case documents; business process models, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and state chart diagrams.
- Utilized RUP to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures.
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues. ; helped with design walkthroughs with stakeholders for base lining architecture.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
- Created documentation for training and Help Desk teams. Reviewed business process, URS, and functional requirements.
- SAP HCM upgrade(HR, Payroll & Benefits). Coordinated development and testing efforts between functional, technical and user groups. Managed issue tracking and creating project documentation. Provided production support and functionality enhancements to improve HR and Payroll efficiencies.
- Aided documentation of computer system validation lifecycle per regulations.
- Assisted in process modeling; conducted and participated in JAD sessions with system users; helped with design walkthroughs with stakeholders for base lining architecture.
- Involved in detailing project mission, data process flow diagrams, and timelines.
- Worked with SQL queries for data manipulations. Created logical data models to define business and project requirements of customer management and pipe sales quoting system. Gathered, analyzed, and documented, communicated requirements for logical data modeling in the system including narratives, data flow diagrams and functional decomposition diagrams. Created requirements matrix and tracked solution validation to requirements matrix.
- Using SDLC and Microsoft Project planned scope, cost, requirements and risk analysis of four person web application development team in Visual Studio 2003, ASP.NET, VB.Net and SQL Server 2000
- Project managed the designed and delivery SQL Server ETL system for downloading business critical data from Oracle using two in-house business analysts and contract consultant
- Wrote queries, stored procedures, upload processes and data transform processes to maintain and improve SQL Server 2000 data storage.
Environment: Microsoft Project, MS Office, UNIX, Teradata, Oracle, Windows XP, Rochade (Metadata Repository), Sharepoint, Wiki
Confidential, 06/2005- 10/2007 Gibbstown, NJ Title: Epic Business Analyst As an Epic Business Analyst I worked with users to gather business requirements. Worked closely with an Epic Project Manager, Epic Build Specialist and Epic QA Tester on a team and have hands on experience in Meditech, Cerner and IDX.
- Extensively gathered requirements from all users, experts and laymen to understand the current functionality and assess the needs of the users using RUP methodology.
- Used Requisite Pro for preparing Requirements Documents.
- Created artifacts such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Participated in JAD sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements.
- Converted Business Requirements to Functional Specifications.
- Participated in Business and data modeling by understanding the needs of the business users and documenting the Business Use Cases and System Use Cases.
- Analyzed the problem domain, specified features, and established baseline architecture, developed project plan.
- Articulated UML through Use Cases, use case document by specifying actors, normal flow, sub flow, alternate flows for each and every use case and helped in data analysis.
- Implemented iterative approach, which allowed increased understanding of problem through successive refinements, helped to formulate an effective solution over multiple iterations.
- Worked with development team while using Informatica to develop Data Marts that suited the userís requirements.
- Reviewed quality with respect to requirements based on reliability, functionality, & performance.
- Involved in preparing Test cases/Test Plans.
- Reviewed the business test cases with the business users
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Informatica, Business Objects, PL/SQL, Oracle 8i, DB2, IBM Mainframes, Windows
Confidential, 02/2003- 04/2005 Chicago, IL Title: Business Analyst AmeriQuest is one of the largest Mortgage companies in the U.S. had decided to rely on decision support system to maintain the integrity between business and information. Decision support system enhances the value of technology by providing data warehousing and business intelligence capability for banks to make strategic decisions supported by real life data. Accessing the data from geographically spread, heterogeneous data environments and assimilating it into information views for decision-making built the target warehouse.
- Interacted with Business Users and gathered requirements by conducting interviews. Obtained feedback and documented those requirements
- Conducted polls and questionnaires to highlight the disadvantages of the already existing manual system of operation and thus, bolstering the need for an Online Bill Pay system
- Translated the requirements obtained during the requirements gathering phase to the development team and was responsible for the trade off of requirements not feasible for the project
- Conducted JAD Sessions - to develop an architectural solution ensuring that the application meets the business requirements, to resolve open issues, and to update change requests
- Created Use Cases from the list of requirements using MS Visio
- Followed the UML methodology to generate activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, class diagrams, and collaboration diagrams using MS Visio
- Documented business workflows textually as well as through state diagrams for the stakeholders review
- Assisted Project Teams in preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Software Design Documents (SDD) and User Interface Design
- Used different Data Warehouse techniques like Star-Schema, snowflake schema.
- Used Informatica with the development team to help design optimal mappings
- Creation of reports like Reports by Product, Reports by Customer, Reports by Period, Demographic reports and Comparative reports. Working with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Creation of different types of reports, such as; Master/Detail, Cross Tab and Chart (for trend analysis). Use of filters, conditions, calculations, etc.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Informatica, Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL, Erwin, Windows NT/2000, JAVA
Pursuing Master of Science in Information Systems Engineering (online)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration