An accomplished Business Analyst and QA tester with almost 9+ years of a proven track record of working on cross industry complex IT projects while exceeding expectations. Business process improvement & expert with skills in gathering business requirements, performing gap analysis, designing and defining process and system requirements Application of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in waterfall, agile and Devops, with thorough understanding of various phases such as Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation.
Stakeholder Management, Business Requirement Analysis and Requirements Engineering; QA Analysis, Functional/Use Case Analysis; UML Modelling, Work Flow Analysis, FIT Gap Analysis; Business Process; QA/UAT Testing; Preparation of Test Plan/Test Scripts/Test Cases; Test Management & Defect Tracking; and Project and Change Management, Agile and waterfall methodology, SCRUM practices, SQL /Lean Process Improvement, AWS Cloud, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, COTS implementation, HIPPA Regulations, EDI Claims Processing.
APPLICATIONS AND ENVIRONMENTS:
Microsoft Office Suite: MS Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint
Database Applications: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Plus, My SQL, MS Access
UML Models: Use Case, State Diagrams, Entity Relations Diagram, Data Models
Project Management Tools: MS Project, WebEx, Smart Sheets, Gantt Charts, Jira, ALM, Tableau, Power BI, Cognos
Business Systems Analyst
- Supported migration of the Interplan Teleprocessing System to AWS cloud.
- Created Visio workflow diagrams to document and show how data moves between different modules in the system.
- Captured claims processes for (ITS ) Inter - plan Teleprocessing System, Capitation Payments, involving EDI X12 claims/transactions files 837, 834, 835, 270/271, and 276.
- Upgraded system level reports that track the financial data at each Inova campus. These reports were utilized by Revenue Cycle management Department and Corporate for performance improvement.
- Actively participated in department meetings related to system improvement and workflow management, and function to ensure communications, collaboration and teamwork.
- Acts as liaison between system users, client managers and software development team to gather requirements for interfaces and how they apply to clinical scenarios and patient care.
- Create conceptual prototypes, Interfaces and screen mockups
- Create data flow diagrams and test migrated data in the target environment.
- Analyzes clinical data sets like EHR/EMR, administrative data, claims data, patient/disease registries, and clinical trials data for maintaining payer records.
- Worked as an Interface between the Users and the different teams involved in the migration to Amazon Cloud, for the better understanding of the Business and IT Processes.
- Created Pharmacy Claims Process Flows, PBM Benefit Plan Design, Administration, & Benefits Processing workflows for PBM processes.
- Documented Pharmacy Contract Pricing, PDL, Formulary and Rebate Strategies to support Pharmacy Continuous Quality Improvement- NCQA, HEIDIS, STARS standards.
- Organized Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), walkthrough, Stakeholder Interviews and Workshops sessions with end-user/clients/stake holders and IT group.
- Conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and stakeholder management.
- Followed the UML based methods using Microsoft Visio to create: Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Created Business Intelligence (BI) Reports on Power BI and Crystal reports.
- Uses various SQL commands like create, delete, update, left joins, right joins and full joins to update the database and retrieve data for analysis
- Creates Data Mapping document for the application after finalizing the attributes and tables with business user
Business Solutions Analyst
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Worked with Business functions to analyze and document their current Sales and Marketing process and systems in use and created product documentation.
- Responsible for defining and documenting SOPs for the inventory management and supply chain management processes.
- Documented IVR call routing flows for Omni Channel call routing in the IVR Contact Center.
- Worked on BI Tools like Tableau for data visualization of sales reports for various marketing campaigns.
- Involved in Business analytics for methodical exploration of the organization's sales data, to drive client’s data-driven decisions.
- Creating data migration plans and testing migrated data in the target system.
- Analyzed problem tickets to provide a root cause and then used that to design a permanent solution to problem.
- Moderated everyday scrum meetings with the other senior business analysts to improve the efficiency and productivity of each sprint.
- Coordinated input from cross-functional sources to research and address business or systems issues.
- Act as the “go-to” SME for both business and technical teams to drive key decisions and processes
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Defined the scope of the project and worked with the project manager in creating the business case and project plan.
- Worked on ServiceNow ITSM to in corporate ITIL best practices into customer service and helpdesk support.
- Supported integration of Salesforce Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud, documenting Salesforce configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications.
- Consulted with clients to provide custom configuration of software according to client specifications.
- Used Tableau to analyze and visualize store sales data to make BI driven decisions for automating processes.
- Strong experience with eCommerce EDI transactions (832, 850, 855, 860, 865, 856, 997) and payment transactions (810, 820)
- Performed requirements gathering, created functional design documents and technical specifications for SEAR’s retail POS system.
- Created UML diagrams (Uses cases, Activity diagrams, and Sequence diagrams) using Rational Rose.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Oakbrook, IL
- Facilitated implementation of an Eligibility Verification System EVS that was integrated with the critical federal, state and commercial data sources needed for eligibility verification
- Worked on MS Excel to consolidate data in pivot tables
- Analyzed and queried data from multiple databases using SQL
- Wrote test cases and test scenarios for claims processing.
- With the business analytics team to create a detailed test strategy for end to end system test coverage.
- Setup/prepare target test environment such as getting access to the required tools/applications as well as the locations.
- Plan and coordinate batch jobs execution ahead of time to avoid any adverse impact on project related jobs.
- Analyze XMLs extracts from E2E executed scenarios for sent and received data from corresponding servers.
- Attend Release Key Learning meetings with System Analysts, Leads, Manager and PMs to discuss the issues, suggest resolution and let the management have an action plan on what needs to be addressed in future releases.