- 10+ years of experience in the field of Information Systems as a Business Analyst, User Acceptance Testing and QA Tester. Thorough experience in Rational Unified Processing (RUP), Unified Modeling Language (UML) and AGILE/SCRUM Process.
- Extensive experience in Business Process Design, streamlining, application systems analysis, object oriented analysis, system analysis and design, Quality Assurance and software verification and validation process.
- Effective communications among multiple business functions, working with stakeholders, subject - matter experts, end-users, project managers, developers, and system implementers.
- Involved in Data Modeling (both Physical and Logical Design).
- Skilled in gathering user requirements performing gap analysis and translating them into structured data, functional and usability requirements.
- Seasoned in working with external and internal Clients in order to develop artifacts to supportthe development and implementation of Enterprise Architecture, Business Transformation, andSystems Development projects.
- Experience in creation of Use Case Scenarios, Business processes, and work flow diagrams.
- Extensive experience in Requirement elicitation and gathering, Use Case Modeling using UML, iterative software development lifecycle, RUP Process customization and implementation, logical modeling, component modeling, and framework architecture.
- Experience in conducting JAD and JAM sessions for communicating with Project directors and stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in Object-Oriented Analysis, Analysis, Design and Development in Information Technology including Data warehousing, RDBMS, Internet and Client Server applications.
- Expert in using software testing tools like Win Runner, Test Director, Quality Center, and Rational Clear Quest for planning and testing Client/Server and Web applications architecture .
- Strong expertise in using Oracle Database and PL/SQL.
- Involved in preparing Test plans, Test Scenarios, User acceptance testing (UAT), Software requirement specifications and Design Documentation
- Skilled at reviewing test cases making sure they are in accordance with the requirements and assist the overall testing process by activities such as change and defect management and conducting the UAT.
- Extensively used Toad, Rapid SQL, and Sybase for executing the SQL Queries in the backend to compare the data in the data base.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, MS Project (for Project Plan), MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro with exceptional Project Management expertise.
Software: Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office 1997, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS FrontPage, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Site Server, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Outlook Express, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and SQL Server Professional.
Hardware: Macintosh, Dell, Sun Servers, Compaq, and Intel.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP, UNIX, DOS.
Tools: Test Director, Rational ClearQuest, Quality center, Toad, Doors, Win Runner, Load Runner, Rational Robot Rational Enterprise Suite, Erwin, Rational Test Manager, Rational Rose, UML, ClearCase, Team Forge, and Team Foundation Server.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, HTML, VB Script, Shell Scripts, QTP, Ab Initio, Business Objects, and Oracle.
Lead Business Analyst/UAT Tester
- Acted as the primary liaison between the SMES, Information Technology (IT) and the Actual Business Users.
- Demonstrated skills in interviewing business units, stakeholders and technical leaders to gather and clarify business requirements.
- Led planning meetings, JAD sessions (Joint Application Design), analysis development, test inspections, and other project meetings throughout Sprint life cycle.
- Conducted interviews and developed business cases to implement process changes, create training material, and instructed clients on new processes and procedures.
- Joined this Project in the initial stage and handled all the activities taking over from the SAIC team all the project information and initiating on AGILE/SPRINT Process.
- Attend the client meeting and gave presentations to the clients on the work flow process that will be followed .
- As this is Web Based Application The process followed is creating the Wireframes getting it approved by the SMES then creating the Mockups defining the look of the different screens .Used Balsamic for creating both Wireframes and mockups .
- Defined Oracle DB design, validation, and migration activities, in addition to supporting APEX reporting requirements, and ETL development and transformation tasks.
- Worked on the Data Model Changes with the Data warehouse Architect.
- Researched, planned, authored, and edited new technical and procedural documentation such as: business workflow, process flow, AS-IS and TO-BE processes
- Worked in developing the SPRINTS Calendar. So Far Completed 23 Sprints in SDWIS/CMDP Project
- Categorized the business needs based on the comments in the SDWIS website and change the comments into understandable business needs.
- Used reverse engineering and gather the requirements based on the clients comments.
- Created the road maps for the project using the MS office. Verified end-user documentation and training materials. Defined work flow -related metrics to be collected and reported.
- Coordinated and prioritized testing of applications involved in creating the test plan, test data, and test cases documents.
- Managed UAT test team and providing them with the guidance in the Business analysis process and UAT testing process. Manage projects individually and as part of a team.
- Defined work flow -related metrics to be collected and reported. Complete responsible for giving presentations for Go No Go meetings with the Client . Acted as Liaison between the team and the client regarding any issues.
- Develop and produce Test Status and Measurement Reports. Logged in all the User Stories and UAT Testing results in TFS.
- Used TFS extensively in Communicating with the Team on the User stories, linking the Test cases and the Bugs as parent and child .Assigning the tasks .Writing our own queries in TFS to get the information for the Matrices.
- Managed and facilitated multiple workgroups in requirements gathering activities, plan, manage, track, and communicate project progress, managed client expectations, and coordinated with numerous other development activities contributing to a highly visible data warehouse
- Part of the Testing and Project management team to create the additional processes that are needed to be developed and implemented to achieve CMMI Level 3.Work on overarching processes for the entire program, including a redesign of the INDUS Process Asset Library where all the most current processes, procedures, forms, and templates to perform your project tasks.
Environment: SQL Developer, Oracle, XML Schema, and Apex.
Tools: Team Forge, Team Foundation Server, Excel, Word, Visio, and SharePoint.
Lead Business Analyst/UAT Tester
- Conducted Meetings with the MI companies which are needed to be integrated to Confidential Got their LOE’s and the duration they would be available for Testing in the Integration Environment. Created the presentations with the Visio and presented to PM and Directors.
- Served as the POC for all the MI companies regarding the connectivity and creating the BRDs based on the meetings.
- Played the role of a Senior Business Analyst in a RUP environment by eliciting Business Requirements from Business users using number of JAD sessions and converting them to Functional Requirements.
- Wrote the complete Connectivity process with the help of the Developer .This process consists of logging into UNIX box running the jobs and checking the Data in the database and then again checking the data in the log, creating the Ksh scripts.
- Once the data was sent, executed the SQL queries in the database in Integration environment.
- Created the test cases gave presentation to the Manager and then loaded them into QC and executed the SQL for Data Validation.
- Executed all the connectivity tests and sent the logs to the developers to get the feedback the data fix in the codes.
- Communicated with the MI companies on the issues and give detailed time lines and the data information to them so that they are aware of the data flow that needed to be feed into their system.
- Attended all the business meetings and Integration meetings and made the BRD doc, Review Document for each MI Company and coordinated with the Manager on the LOES and the data changes that needed to be done.
- Assisted the UAT team for the PRR meetings and reviewed their documents as this is integration testing all the documents needed to be peer reviewed by the business team which Consists of Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data, Defect Document, and Log Files for the connectivity, Test Plan, and Integration Documents.
- Researched, planned, authored, and edited new technical and procedural documentation such as: business workflow, process flow, AS-IS and TO-BE processes
- Created all the documents for the PRR before production, generated the RTM, BRD docs, Defect report, Analysis Reports, the Mapping Documents, CR Reports, Connectivity Initiation reports Worked on both the MIDX and Form 582 Projects.
- Completely handled the FORM 582 project and directly reported to the Director on the status as there was no Testing Team for this project.
- For the FORM 582 Testing, Executed the Test cases in the QC made changes to the test cases in the QC based on the Use Case document and the BRD.
Environment: Oracle, Toad, UNIX, PL/SQL, ETL, and QTP.
Tools: Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest and Rational Requisite Pro, Excel and Access. Visio and PowerPoint.
Lead Business Analyst /UAT Tester
- Participated in the business meetings with the Business users in the initial phase to understand the Business requirements. Facilitated the JAD sessions.
- Acted as the Liaison between the SMES and the UAT Testing Team Collaborated with business area to understand business needs, capture supporting requirements and resolve issues.
- Provided the status reports to the Project Manager the complete analysis work by the business team on weekly basis.
- Attended the USE Case Review Meetings made changes to the Use cases according to the SMES.
- Elicited and translated the business requirements into Mockups as reference documents and gave presentations to the development team on the requirements
- Worked closely with the Business team to identify the business scenarios and create test cases based on the inputs from Business team.
- Conducted walk-throughs of requirement artifacts and communicate effectively with business, development and testing teams during construction phase to ensure clear understanding of requirements. Worked closely with the development team to discuss about the design documents and also discuss about the wire frames.
- Presented the Business scenarios to the SMEs and the business leads and take the sign offs before finalizing it in the BRD execution.
- Worked on the enhanced CRS .Attended the meetings with the SMEs and updated the BRD according to the new CR’s approved by the SMEs.
- Used Visio Extensively to give presentation to the SMES on the CRS and the BRDS. Follow Change Control process and associated use of Clear Quest and DOORS tools:
- Reviewed the test cases that are developed by the UAT team and worked on the RTM in the QC.
- Applied analysis, visual modeling and facilitation techniques such as interviewing and white boarding, flow charting to elicit and capture information from the business area and other project stakeholders as needed
Environment: DOS, PL/SQL, Java, Rapid SQL, Sybase, and Excel.
Tools: Quality Center, DOORS, ClearCase, QTP, and SQL.
Senior Business Analyst FRCO/POC for PFP
- Reviewed the Business and System requirements for the PFP interface for FRCO/IDB applications.
- Work with Project Managers of different teams to plan requirements tasks, milestones and Level of Efforts in support of estimates for this parallel PFP process.
- Involved from the planning phase to discuss on how the Securitization will impact IDB/FRCO and the Multifamily Book process System RDW.
- Worked closely with other 7 application POC’s to analyze the current and future requirement changes that are needed as the data flows into the applications.
- Attended Design Review meetings conducted by the development team for better understanding of the application and all the changes to the existing applications.
- Served as the POC for Technology and Business teams for IDB and FRCO in this high level Integrated PFP Testing.
- Involved in detailed planning of each activities each system needed to perform for the pooling of the data.
- Executed the Autosys jobs once the data is available in the upstream systems Strategy and MFNT.
- Communicated to the rest of the team regarding the availability of data in different environments.
- Communicated to the down stream’s regarding the data availability after verifying that the data is populated correctly in FRCO/IDB.
- Checked on element by element in FRCO System Test Environment for the PFP Test Data and got the data from the upstream systems for their missing elements and data gaps.
- Defined/Reviewed/Maintained Business & System process flows in the form of Process flows and Data flows.
- Identify and Document Business, Process, Technical, Product requirements and Business rules using various document artifacts such as - Detailed Business/Functional/ requirements documents and detailed mock-ups.
- Worked as a liaison between Business & Development teams to disseminate requirements and resolve any issues during development phase.
- Participated in UAT to verify and validate systems to ensure correctness
- Participated and gave presentation to the whole Business Team, 27 applications on monthly basis regarding the impact of the PFP data on IDB and FRCO and the changes that needed to be implemented in the next testing task. This was huge presentation with audience both technical and functional from 27 systems.
- Develop and Execute Shell Scripts and check the logs for any errors in the files from the up stream’s before the data is loaded in FRCO.
- Accepted the complete responsibility, including conducting the requirement meetings, the making CRS, attending the BRD meetings, updating the BRD.
- Worked in Agile Environment where the requirements are on day to day basis for the PFP as it was integrated testing of many applications.
Environment: Oracle, Toad, UNIX, PL/SQL, ETL, and Business Objects.
Tools: Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest and Rational Requisite Pro, Excel and Access.
Confidential, Reston VA
Senior Business Analyst
- Attended the JAD Sessions made changes in the Use Cases according to the current functionality.
- Updated and maintained Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Workflow Diagrams using UML and MS Visio.
- Performed analysis on the current AS - IS process of the SAT Website and created the TO-BE for the necessary enhancements that are suggested by the users.
- Had meetings with the interface systems PEM and ETS Pocs and gathered the input on the impact of the data flow and the added requirements for the release.
- Interviewing area experts, asking detailed questions & carefully recording the requirements in process flows to be reviewed & understood by the business group.
- Prepared the Draft of the BRD and presented to the Team.
- Involved in gathering business requirements & documenting them using the Rational RequisitePro.
- Helped on Creating an Iteration process with the Project Team lead for the testing so that all the requirements are covered in the Phases .Created the Phase report.
- Created Registrations for the students using Web registration application and CSR admin tool and verifying all the data executing SQL queries in database using Toad.
- Verified the Data integrity in the database for the application.
- Created Data feeds for the Student registration details, Answer sheets and Scores using the Data Feed Creator, Generating the data feed using Data Feed Generator and validating the data using Data Feed Validator.
- Compared the data generated for the student with the Data Specifications document in Requisite Pro.
- Created Data pools for generating bulk registrations, answer sheets and scores (Batch Job) for the students in Rational Test Manager.
- Identified change requirements in existent business requirement documents & created Change Request documents.
- Interviewed business users and gathered requirements for ad hoc reporting needs as well as various daily, weekly and monthly (regulatory) reporting.
- Documented business requirements as well as procedures.
- Maintained an understanding and involving in the Rational Unified Process (RUP) followed by College Board.
- Created Standard Operating Procedures and Training Manuals for the Technology Support .This documentation provided a full end to end lifecycle of all processes
- Created requirements matrix and tracked solution validation to requirements matrix.
- Gained valuable Project Management experience working with software development teams, tracked schedules, timelines and budgets, and monitored daily tasks using MS Project and MS Excel.
Environment: Oracle, Toad, XML, Java, Enterprise Java Beans, Java script and Web Logic.
Tools: Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, Rational Requisite Pro and Rational Test Manager, and SharePoint.
Confidential, Services, VA
Senior Business Analyst /UAT Tester
- Reviewed the Business Requirements, Functional Requirements in DOORS and Design documents.
- Served as the POC for all the Business Requirements meetings in gathering the information and acted as the Liaison between the testing team and the Business.
- Attend the design review and code review meetings with the development team and make sure all the Requirements were met.
- Participated in the Enhancement meetings for the Modification requests.
- Involved in the data modeling.
- Facilitated Joint Requirements Planning (JRP) sessions between technical, business and regulatory teams to ensure that requirements are met, and issues during the development phase are resolved.
- Created and maintained Business Use cases and System Use cases, Use Case diagrams, Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, Activity diagrams and Sequence diagrams throughout the SDLC.
Created and executed UNIX shell scripts to load the data in to the test environment.
- Executed the ETL validation scripts in DDE (Data Distribution Environment) environment and make sure all the scripts executed successfully.
- Verified the reject records, referential integrity checks, error and log files for any error messages or rejected records.
- Loaded the Daily changes and Master files in to CDW database by executing the scripts.
- Verified the Data elements consistency across Data mapping document, PDM (Physical Data Model), DML's and Tables.
- Verified the mapping document for Source and Target field names, Data type and length.
- Verified the Data coming from Source TSYS is transformed in to several (In it, clean, load ready) stages and created in Card Data Warehouse database.
- Verified the Clean and Load ready files are created across multiple servers (MFS).
- Validated that the data is transformed from Init-Clean, Clean-Load ready and Load ready -Database according to the standards and also verify the Data quality checks. The load ready files will be loaded into staging tables. A validation process will validate the record count of load ready files against the data loaded in the tables.
- Validated the mapping transformation rules associated with multiple stages, defined according to the requirements in Data Mapping document.
- Extensively used Ab Initio GDE 1.13.27 to execute the validation graphs to view and compare the data from one stage to another stage.
- Executed the SQL scripts in the Teradata database using SQL Assistant 6.0 and make sure the data got loaded correctly.
- Validated the record count in the source file and the data loaded in to associated tables for any mismatch by executing SQL queries.
- Supported the UAT Team for executing UAT test cases.
- Provided Weekly status report to the Project Manager on the Requirements execution
- Generated the Requirements traceability metrics (RTM) to make sure the functional and non-functional test cases are mapped to the functional requirements.
- Worked in Agile environment using Excel and Access extensively for all the comparisons and calculations.
Environment: Ab Initio GDE 1.13.27, UNIX, Teradata, and SQL Assistant 6.0
Tools: DOORS, Mercury Test Director 8.0 SP2, and Rational ClearQuest 2003.06.
- Gather requirements from internal clientele to determine project scope .
- Develop interface agreements. Collaborate with development to formulate technical requirements using Use Case and Scenario methodology.
- Participated in the JAD Sessions with the users to capture more information and input on the FTTP needs.
- Verified the address validation for the customer for FTTP availability and capability before flowing the order.
- Development of Business Requirements with BRD and System Requirements through Use Case templates and modeling tools.
- Develop process and interface flows.
- Assisted the Lead Business Analyst in Developing the flow charts, project timelines and roadmaps to visualize project plan.
- Presented various documentation in a timely manner to meet or exceed expectations of the deadline.
- Created the context diagrams, Sequence diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Point of contact for system test and Production to resolve critical issues.
- Composed business artifacts for bundling wireless products with cable, video and high speed internet.
- Articulated business requirements from user interviews and workshops and then converted requirements into technical specifications to the developers.
- Provided test support and executed detailing test case scenarios for either testing or production environment.
- Assisted the UAT testing Users by executing the Regression scripts and made sure the requirements are met.
- Performed Certification testing for the current release that needs to be delivered on the production night.
- Configured and Installing the Production data in to the UAT environment and verify the Test-Data loaded in to the environment by executing SQL scripts.
- Executed the SQL queries in the database to verify the data Integrity between GUI and database.
- Executed stored procedures and functions in order to verify the SQL results from different tables.
- Used Toad extensively for executing all the SQL scripts for different tables and the database.
- Performed Replication testing to check the data integrity between primary and secondary database.
- Performed the application’s response, load and performance testing using the LoadRunner, to check the behavior of application when certain number of users logging in at the same time and preventing any system crash.
- Performed Live testing in the LAB by building the equipments and performing FSC (Fiber Solution Center) UAT testing with the Clients at different locations.
- Attended the weekly IR review call to discuss regarding the tickets opened.
- Coordinated with the development team regarding the issue.
- Involved in the process of CMM methodologies followed by Verizon.
Environment: Oracle, Toad, Java, UNIX
Tools: Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, Rational Requisite Pro and Rational Test Manager.