- Result oriented, technically and business savvy Business Analyst with organizational, interpersonal, communication and project management skills with 7+ years of experience in, Government, Product Development and Aviation domains.
- Expertise in translating business needs and user requirements into technical solutions ; mapping the process design, work flows for SDLC
- Project Management, Planning and Implementation Control on all Software Development stages.
- Track of successful project implementation and leading cross - functional teams throughout SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) and PDLC (Product Development Lifecycle) in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Expertise in requirements elicitation, analysis, and documentation, including creating RSD (Requirements Specification Document), BRD (Business Requirements Document), FRD (Functional Requirements Document), UI Specifications, Use Cases, User Stories, User Manuals, Project Scope and Project Modeling Diagrams (UML)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and documentation skills with good process management skills along with a remarkable ability to gather requirements to bring out quality product
- Advanced analytical, research, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills with the ability to adapt to a new environment and meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong customer service disposition
- Vendor Management
SKILLS AND TOOLS:
- Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall SDLC Methodologies
- SQL-Server, Oracle
- MS Access 2010
- MS Visio, MS Project, Microsoft Office Suite
- Quality Center
- MS Link, Skype for Business, WebEx
- Bugzilla, Bugnet
- Change Request Management
- Strong Requirements Specification and Modeling skills (UML)
- Strong ability to manage stakeholder expectations and requirements
Confidential, Dulles, VA
Senior Business Analyst
- Lead Product Development effort and cross-functional teams from Initiation stage through R&D, Development, and Beta Testing to successful Implementation.
- Successfully lead Express Contracts project working with overseas vendor’s development team from inception to integration and implementation.
- Work on the high visibility project allowing Airlines to charge fees based on the type of cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, etc.) and extending the BIN (Bank Identification Number) match fields to 10 digits for European issuers and now for American issuers following the ISO BIN number extension to 8 digits.
- Research emerging technologies in the industry that align with business goals and identify opportunities for new and improved processes
- Develop and manage project related plans, business requirements, scope, resources, costs, issues, prioritization, decisions, risks, external contracts
- Analyze, review and evaluate existing systems, business processes, business needs and opportunities, Cost-Benefits Analysis, AS IS/TO BE evaluation and Gap Analysis
- Plan and facilitate requirements workshops, JAD sessions, and industrywide Working Groups with international participation.
- Requirements Elicitation, Specification and Modeling in Agile environment
- Writing and reviewing Requirements Specification Documents, Industry Bulletins, Business Rules, Data Application documents, Use Cases, User Stories, User Guides
- Design technical solutions based on gathered business and stakeholder requirements
- Investigate, troubleshoot, track and solve problems, make decisions and recommend solutions to customers
- Facilitate requirements verification and validation sessions with users and internal development and testing teams
- Ensure requirements tractability (RTM) to ensure solution align with business needs and organizational strategy
- Prepare and execute test plans, test scenarios and test cases, conduct SIT.
- Conduct and facilitate (UAT) User Acceptance Testing
- Manage Project Scope by identifying issues, their scale, their impact early on and resolving them in timely manner
- Train and mentor Business Analysts as in-house SME
Confidential, Washington, DC/Fairfax, VA
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions, in-person and WebEx meetings with key government users to validate business needs, define the scope, elicit requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Establish effective project teams, facilitate project work within and across business units, collaborate with technical project leads, ensure project deadlines are met and implementation results are achieved as designed.
- Work on SAM System of Management in eGrants application enhancements, including eGrant Financial Managements (Grants Adjustments, tracking Financial Hold, Refunds)
- Documenting and mapping business processes and workflow
- Write RSD (Requirements Specification Documents) and perform further analysis and validation with testing and development team
- Estimated requirements and testing (LOE) Level of Effort
- Assisted PM with improved Quality Assurance and Requirements Management Plan creation and implementation, which resulted in decreased number of defects and improved quality of delivered software
- Create and update Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that the requirements are accurately captured and to trace the source of every change and its impact on the initial requirements and test cases.
- Perform meaningful data analysis; define and control appropriate scope of requirements
- Review and validate test cases to ensure the coverage of requirements specifications
- Facilitate requirements validation meetings with users and internal development and testing teams
- Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Confidential, Annandale, VA
- Held requirements facilitation sessions with internal stakeholders (Registration, Admissions)
- Facilitated and recorded campus wide business needs analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Conducted meetings and facilitation sessions with internal users and external technical team to ensure that business needs and requirements can have appropriate solution in the form of CAMs application enhancement
- Worked with reports, AS IS and TO BE business flow charts and activity diagrams
- Documented business requirements and functional requirements
- Created project schedules in MS Projects
- Utilized SQL queries for data analysis and test data set up
- Handled, analyzed, prioritized Change Management Requests from different departments
- Acted as a (POC) Point of contact to provide effective ongoing management, peer and team communications, visibility and escalation of major release issues