To align my professional Business Analysis skills and experience with a progressive Organization wherein the application of my functional and analytical skills renders a significant contribution to the company’s success.
- Senior Business Systems Analyst with 8+ years of experience in Business Development Process and System and Data analysis. Experience with working in the domain of Property & Casualty Insurance (Workers’ Compensation, State Disability, Business Owners Policy (BOP), Commercial Auto, Umbrella Policy, Excess Insurance and Insurance for issues unique to a particular area.)
- Knowledge of regulations like GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), IDD (Insurance Distributive Directive), NAIC (The National Association of Insurance Commissioners), ACORD (Association for Co - operative Operations Research and Development), SEC (The Securities and Exchange Commission), HIPPA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996), The Federal Reserve and FINRA (The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority).
- Extensive knowledge of different phases in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Traditional Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Scrum-ban (Scrum+Kanban) & Scrum-Waterfall Hybrid software development life cycle environments.
- Understanding of other Industry standard methodologies like Extreme programming, Spiral, SAFE 4.0 (Scaled Agile Framework).
- Extensive years of experience in Business process re-engineering, business process improvements, Historical Data Reports Analysis accompanied by active participation in discovery sessions, interviews, prototyping, document-reviews, plan setup, plan configuration with customers, project vision report with business stakeholders, collaborating with Subject Matter Experts.
- Experience in steering GAP, Impact, SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats) Analysis, Cost benefit analysis, Root cause Analysis, Feasibility study, Impact analysis, Risk Analysis, Pareto Analysis and As-Is and To-Be business analysis.
- Proficient in organizing, conducting and facilitating elicitation sessions such as survey/questionnaires, Interviews (structured & Unstructured), Brainstorming, Focus group, Requirement workshops, Interface analysis, Document analysis, and JAD sessions.
- Experience in creating Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Specification (FRS), Project vision Document, Requirement Management Plan Document, Use-Case Specifications & System Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Created Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) using MS Project for organizing teams to work into manageable sections.
- Successfully gathered SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Boxed) requirements into User Stories.
- Experience in tracing requirements throughout the development process & verifying to Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experienced in writing User stories and handling the Requirement Churn. Efficient in performing prioritizing techniques which includes MoSCoW, KANO, Business Value Based, Value Stream Mapping, 100-point method and Technology risk based.
- Expertise in creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams like Use Cases, Activity, Sequence, Data Flow Diagrams, and Class Diagrams using MS Visio & IBM Rational Rose. Worked on low-fidelity & high-fidelity mock-up screens and wireframes.
- Good Knowledge of Data Warehousing concept like Data Mapping, Data profiling, Data Mining. Extensively created Entity Relationship diagrams (ER Diagrams). Performed Data Modeling: Conceptual and Logical Models.
- Extensive implementation knowledge of Databases, Data Table structures, Schemas, Data Marts, Data Integration & OLAP operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, slice & dice & pivot with experience in retrieving data & data validation using SQL queries.
- Worked on Guidewire Insurance Suite which has three main centers namely: Policy Center, Billing Center and Claim Center.
- Worked on Cloud Computing, Amazon Web Services (AWS) & used services like Kinesis, EC2, Lambda, AWS SageMaker.
- Experience working in Three-Tier architecture, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), architectures like WADL, UDDI, JSON, Parsers: SAX and DOM, Client-Side Validation, and Server-Side Validation. Involved in scripting business logic in web methods of Web Services and documenting the Web Service Level Agreement (WSLA) through XML.
- Performed API testing using Postman and SoapUI to check if the API’s are returning the data in JSON, XML format over HTTP, HTTPS, JMS and MQ as defined in the API documentation using Swagger tool and required by workflow.
- Experience in SQL Queries, Functions like select, having clause, group by, order by, joins (natural join, inner join and outer join) and business logic; Understanding of Stored Procedures and triggers, used Informatica Transformations for data modification.
- Through understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) and experience in creating interactive, analytical dashboards using Tableau, MS BI, and IBM Cognos for data analysis and generating data reports as per Business requirements.
- Assisted QA team to design Test Plans & Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing, Functional Testing, Systems Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Load/Stress Testing & Performance Testing in both manual & automation way.
- Excellent Analytical, Problem solving & Documentation skills. Proven Leadership capabilities & Time management skills.
- Extensive knowledge on extraction of data from source system, transformation and load process (ETL) for a data warehouse using Informatica and also, gave technical assistance in the use for Informatica for testing.
- Proficient with Project Management Tools, testing tools and defect reporting tools;
Requirement Management Tools: Atlassian-JIRA, Confluence, ETM (Enterprise Management Tool), MS Office, HP-ALM
Project Management Tools/Methodology: Unified Modeling Language (UML), MS-Project, MS Share Point, BPMN, Rally, JIRA, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum, Waterfall, Extreme Programming, Scrum-ban, SAFE 4.0
Reporting Tools: IBM Cognos, Tableau, MS office Suite, Spotfire, Google Analytics, MS BI
Database: MS-Access, MySQL Server, DB2, Oracle 12g, SQL Server 2008 R2
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint 2013, MS Project, MS Visio, MS BI
Testing Tools: HP QC, HP ALM 11.5, Load runner, Cucumber and SOAP UI
Web Services: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, WSDL, WADL, XSD, DOM
Business Skills: Conflict Management, Project Planning, Impact Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Fit/Gap Analysis
Design & Version Control: MySQL Server, DB2, MS Access, Oracle 12g, SQL Server 2000, MS Visio, Smart Draw, IBM Rational Rose, Gherkin, Balsamiq
Defect Tracking tools: JIRA, HP ALM, HP QC, Bugzillla
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Gathered and analyzed AS-IS and TO-BE in the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis; Documented business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions and validate the needs of the business stakeholders.
- Performed Cost benefit and Return on Investment studies; Conducted Structured & Unstructured Interviews and JAD sessions.
- Prepared high and low-level object-oriented design documents (which included Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data definitions, Data mapping, XML requests and responses, and report specifications) using Rational Rose.
- Used MS PowerPoint, MS Word & MS Visio to document data flow of the existing process and for the upcoming process.
- Communicated effectively across company contacts and clients, teams, about the project requirements, schedules and launches.
- Developed mockups screen & wireframes for ACORD Forms by using Balsamiq tool, checked the flow reports for developers to implement the functionality and got approvals of wireframe/mockups from the client over interviews or by conducting virtual meetings.
- Communicate with Customer Service on ACORD Forms design and other technical problems.
- Involved in Sprint that covered Elaboration, Configuration and Testing of Guidewire Live Suite following AGILE approach.
- Actively participated Daily Stand-up Meetings, Project Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Conducted User Story Writing Sessions to decompose BRD into User Stories by adhering to the INVEST criteria and assisted Product owner in determining Acceptance Criteria for the user stories and to efficiently reprioritize and groom the product backlog items.
- Used JIRA for issue tracking, user story management, requirement traceability, requirements management and allotting tasks.
- Involved in making key decisions for the selection of Amazon Web Services (AWS) components and used different functionalities like Amazon Kinesis Data Stream for capturing the data from different sources and processing it, Amazon Lambda for trends in sensor data, Amazon EC2 Redis Engine for in-memory storage of data and Amazon Sagemaker for real time analysis of data.
- Performed and evaluated the benefits of the new system & generated workflows; involved in mapping data from different data sources.
- Executed SQL queries using select, having clause, group by, order by, inner & outer joins, aggregate functions for QA testing.
- Designed & developed the Test Plan, Test Cases and Use Case Scenarios documents & executed it using HP/ALM Quality Center.
- Assisted with User Acceptance Testing, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensure that appropriate documentation is in place. Assisted in Black box testing, Regression testing, Performance testing and Systems testing.
- Extensively involved in User Acceptance Testing in Gherkin format phase to ensure the requirements & functionality of the system.
- Assisted QA Team in Testing & analyzing APIs’ using interface analysis to interpret data formats in their WSDL/WADL for complete understanding of business requirements & supported integration of REST APIs’ with the business rules engine using Postman.
- Participated in Bug-review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers and suggested solutions for effective results.
- Followed up with the users to test the implementation, achieved sign-off and continued to move the system toward go-live.
Environment: Scrum - waterfall Hybrid, MS Visio, MS office, Fraud management, Risk management, AWS Kinesis Data Stream, AWS Lambda, EC2, AWS Sagemaker, Tableau 10.5, Gherkin, Cucumber 4.0 rc1, Guidewire Live Suite (with Policy Center, Billing Center & Claim Center), JIRA 7.9, MS Office Suite (MS word, MS Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project, Postman.
Confidential, Brenham, Texas
Senior Business Analyst
- Researched & Analyzed Business needs & ways to improve property & casualty policy contracts & processes administration.
- Automated policy management processes and streamlined core functions of the policy lifecycle including: product definition, underwriting, quoting, binding, endorsements & renewals; conducted requirement walkthroughs to understand the existing system.
- Designed Proof of Concept (POC) to identify baseline, adverse, and severe scenarios; performed PI planning and participated in scrum of scrum meetings to ensure that the mapped dependencies are sorted.
- Captured business requirements in form of user stories using JAD sessions, brain storming sessions, focus groups and personal interviews to understand current policy administration system and ensured coverage on business values.
- Identified gaps in existing Policy Administrating Systems and Guidewire Policy Center and diligently designed AS-IS and TO-BE process, in scope and out of scope documents.
- Interviewed Subject Matter Experts & performed Document Reviews to develop a thorough understanding of business processes.
- Helped PO in ROI Analysis and SWOT analysis in order to be prepared for potential business and technical risks to the system.
- Reviewed and analyzed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and helped transforming them into user stories.
- Created Use Case models using UML diagrams like Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams in VISIO.
- Assisted the product owner in prioritizing Product Backlog (PB) to pick sprint tasks through cross-functional IT Team.
- Assist the team in estimating the complexity if the user story by using Planning Poker, T-shirt sizing and Bucket system.
- Documented requirements regarding client-side validation and server-side validation;
- Tracked version histories of product backlog documents and sprint backlog documents with Confluence tool; issue tracking, deploying tasks, user story management and impediment management using JIRA.
- Performed data integration, data mapping and data extraction management along with data cleansing while migrating data from legacy system to Guidewire Policy Center and Guidewire Data Hub.
- Set up definitions and process for scoping, document test cases, test phases included integration testing & user acceptance test & documenting the results for policy underwriting rules, rewriting rules, policy rate making & pricing.
- Performed REST web services testing using SOAP UI. Defined XSD schemas for the diverse restful services/web services after detailed analysis of the customer requirement. Tested and analyzed domain-specific API’s while conducting the interface analysis.
- Validated Rating Algorithms for Schedule Rating & Retrospective Rating using Guidewire Rating Management tool.
- Facilitated the Post Production Validation and actively participated in production call support whenever necessary.
Environment : Scrum-waterfall hybrid, Guidewire Insurance Suite 9 (Policy Center, Billing Center, claim center), Cucumber 3.0.1, Gherkin, MS Visio, MS SQL Server 2016, MS Office (word, excel and power point), MS SharePoint, Confluence 5.9.14, JIRA 7.2.2
Confidential, Houston, Texas
Business Systems Analyst
- Interacted with users and stakeholders to Identify business needs , evaluated solutions for business problems.
- Involved in prior documentation & business process for understanding the Scope & to have knowledge of Catastrophe modelling.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD), Brainstorming Session involving business unit stakeholders, technical analyst, SME, portfolio managers, and financial analyst to gather requirements and have better understanding of business process.
- Conducted AS-IS analysis and Gap Analysis for current state and TO-BE state of the system which involved in the identification of business rules, business and system process flows, requirements and assumptions.
- The methodology used for the project was AGILE - SCRUM and had a deep understanding about the requirement gathering .
- Created a Macro Document incorporating components of Business Requirement Document and System Requirement Specification incorporating business, functional, non-functional, data and GUI requirements, beneficial for project
- Effectively conducted Sprint Ceremonies, created sprint burndown chart and collaborated with team to come up with action plan.
- Assisted product owner in prioritization of Product Backlog Items (PBIs) breaking down EPICS into user stories using INVEST criteria; Assisted product owner to work on User stories to create Product Backlog.
- Led the T-Shirt sizing and Planning Poker game to estimate user stories in Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming meetings.
- Facilitated and time-boxed Scrum ceremonies. Helped negotiating commitments and assured parallel understanding of requirements and deliverables amongst all stakeholders in Sprint Planning Meetings.
- Created the UML; Identified Use Cases and develop the Use Case diagram, Activity diagrams and Sequence diagram.
- Prepared data dictionaries, requirement specifications, User Interface (UI) specifications and Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM) to manage every change request effectively throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Handled requirement churn during the project by performing Impact Analysis and thereby checking the feasibility in maintaining the triple constraint and discussing them in daily Scrum; Ensured to remove impediments to make team more efficient & productive
- Worked with Information Architect to create wire-frames / prototypes of the web - based application.
- Used Bugzilla for reporting and defect tracking, also followed up with the development team to verify defect fixes and updated defect status. Documented all the bugs that are reported; verified and updated their statuses.
- Worked on JIRA for continuous update with project schedules, quality, issues and managing resources.
- Analyzed existing data sources in OLTPs by working with SQL Queries and came up with to-be states of new OLAP System
- Used Informatica Power center in data warehouse to map data coming through different input sources to the target data marts using different types of transformations like Joiner transformation, Filter Transformation, Lookup and Router Transformations.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases of the project by executing manually to verify actual result against the expected results and exported test case created to HP ALM/QC.
- Regularly submitted defect reports and conducted meetings to communicate with the development team about the defects. Reviewed Business Rules written for middle tier and validated XML schema for system data documentation.
Environment : Agile - Scrum, HP ALM/QC, JIRA 6.4, Informatica Power Center 9.6, MS Visio, MS office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Bugzilla, Rational Requisite Pro, Web Services, REST, SOA, SOAP, XML, JSON
Business Systems Analyst
- Elicited business requirements for the project using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, use case scenarios and also interacted with users and stakeholders to identify business needs, evaluated solutions for business problems.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with Subject Matter Expert (SME), interviewing business users and stakeholders, conducting one to one session and consulting existing systems documents.
- Conducted one to one meeting with Data architect, Enterprise architect and Solution advisors for the Data Warehouse design.
- The methodology used for the project was Waterfall and had a deep understanding about the requirement gathering. Provided clear and consistent information about project status both internally within IT team and to stakeholders
- Understood the AS-IS system, developed the TO- BE system concepts and also prepared the System Process Maps.
- Analyzed and gathered requirements for preparation of Business Requirement Document (BRD) , Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS). Analyzed, modified and validated these documents.
- Developed Conceptual and Logical ER diagrams for the database. Created Data Dictionary for the data models.
- Developed Understanding of Billing centers for Data profiling and Data modeling .
- Assisted in increasing Data Integrity by performing Data Normalization and adding Data Verification and Validity to maintain accuracy and effectiveness of data. Performed Data Mining to find correlation and pattern in existing data.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion of the project.
- Used ETL to map data and assemble data repository and created data marts. Used Data Center for integrating legacy systems.
- Assisted with SNOW-flake schemas in the Dimensional model architects to providing business rules and efficient solution for project.
- Understand the SDLC & experience in system architecture mapping to map software & hardware components for development.
- Prepared Business process models ; used Visio to create work flow diagrams for management and mapping the logical aspects.
- Utilized Informatica for Extraction, Transformation and Loading ; IBM Cognos for report generation from warehouse.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic project expectations, in evaluating the impact of changes; establish incident reporting and change control procedures to efficiently deliver successful project outcomes.
- Assisted QA team to design and develop Test Plan and Test Cases to perform User Acceptance Testing, Functional Testing and Regression Testing; Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix and interacted with QA team for software quality.
Environment : SDLC Waterfall, MS project, MS office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio), MS Visio, MS Project, MS SQL 2012, Informatica Power Center, IBM Cognos
Junior Business Analyst
- Reviewed and analyzed the business environment and identified process improvements.
- Interacted with Business Users to conduct thorough Requirements Analysis.
- Conducted GAP Analyses by understanding the AS-IS business process and TO-BE business process.
- Assisted the Business Analyst in writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Involved in interactions with the Subject Matter Expert, Project Manager, Developers, and the End-Users.
- Coordinated activities with project manager and various other teams using MS Project.
- Interacted with other Business Analysts for designing and implementation of Use Cases.
- Developed a file of ACORD Forms for standards in all Property and Casualty markets, for Personal and Commercial Lines of Business.
- The methodology used for the project was Waterfall. Provided clear and consistent information about project status both internally.
- Assisted with Test Cases and development strategies with Quality Assurance Group (QA) to implement them
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases according to Business Requirements.
- Acted as User Acceptance Testing coordinator and monitored business testing and interfaced with the development team regarding defect status and fixes on a daily basis.
- Involved in generation and execution of SQL queries.
- Worked with team for designing and implementing new features and functionality of websites.
- Worked closely with system analyst to understand the technical requirements of the projects
- Used Firebug, Firebug Lite, and IE Developer Toolbar for debugging and browser compatibility.
- Fixed bugs and provided support services for the application.
- Handling code optimization techniques, with the use of CSS classes.
- Used AJAX and JSON to make asynchronous calls to the project server to fetch data on the fly.
- Tested of websites for W3C validation and testing it in major browsers like Firefox, IE8 and Chrome.