- A details oriented Sr. Business Analyst, experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in various business domains with an emphasis on identifying user needs, developing business requirements, system requirements, functional requirements, and use cases documents.
- Enjoys analytical work, interaction with clients and is committed to delivering high quality and timely results.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Waterfall, and Agile Software Development methodology.
- Expertise in Visualize rapid prototype and design to communicate complex ideas.
- Design Mockups and prototype to drive stakeholder and user consensus.
- Ability to learn quickly, take ownership of projects, multi-task and maintain high standard of service and quality control.
- Experienced in writing and maintaining the Requirement Definition Document that included Business and Technical Requirements, Use cases and UML Diagrams.
- Expertise in Banking, Healthcare and Insurance application with government and private sector.
- Expertise in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD), Joint Application Requirement sessions (JAR).
- Worked extensively with the team to meet business requirement, create prototypes and analyze workflows.
- Expertise in Project Planning, Project Design, creating functional specifications and data flow diagrams.
- Performed planning and development of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenario to meet product’s business and solution requirements.
- Involved in creating and maintaining Test Matrix and Requirements Traceability Matrix and performing GAP analysis.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Performing early analysis of existing systems to help define integrations.
- Good knowledge of SQL queries.
- Overall understanding of Service Delivery, (SLA) Service Level Agreements, and Stakeholder requirements.
- Conduct walkthrough and signoff procedures.
- Define project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress using MS SparePoint and update plans as required.
- Maintained and Reviewed Change Requests and documented all analysis.
- Extensive experience working on MS Visio, Excel, Power point, Word, Access and Outlook.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Perform requirements gathering from the business users of the system while adhering to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) industry best practices
- Interact with business owners, SMEs, and management team to identify scope and to prepare Business Requirement Document, Use Case, User Story, and Activity Diagrams to further develop Technical requirements and/or Functional Specifications.
- Work with the business users and with different levels of management to identify requirements, use cases and to develop functional specifications
- Interface with end-users and project business sponsors to determine, document, and obtain signoff on business requirements.
- Report tracked defects with to severity and types using HP ALM, and JIRA.
- Involve in Performance testing, Regression testing, System testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitate defect review meetings involving all stakeholders to review defects, identify severity and set priorities as per client requirements, ensuring accuracy and conform to deadlines.
- Conduct sprint planning based on new and backlogged requirements.
- Conduct surveys, interviews and facilitate Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with the Business Users and SME’ s.
- Conduct JAD sessions for communicating with the project leads and stakeholders and proposed process workflows, functional specifications and project initiation parameters.
- Create workflow diagrams to validate the Basic and Alternate flows in the various Business and Technical Use Cases.
- Establish and maintain traceability matrix until all the business requirements are signed off.
- Perform task decomposition, delegated tasks and monitored project milestones using MS SharePoint and HP ALM.
- Capture quality attributes, external/internal constraints for functional/non-functional requirements.
- Prepare project related presentations and provide progress reports to the higher management and stakeholders using MS Office.
- Work with the Quality Assurance lead to develop detailed Test Plan and Test Case
- Suggest measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance
- Interact with computer systems end-users and project business sponsors to determine, document, and obtain signoff on business requirements
- Participate in development of Materials for the new technology and organizing User
- Work with business teams to understand the requirement and needs of the potential customers and the target market.
Environment: MS SharePoint, Visio, HP ALM, JIRA, JAWS, WAVE, UML, SQL, MS Project, MS Office.
Confidential, Erie, PA
- Adopted Agile Process and its best practices as the process product for implementing the project as well as following incremental methodology
- Worked with the business owner, project manager, and technical team to document the product's vision and establish the project scope.
- Elicited information from end users and senior management to display requirements in a format that allows for easy review, approval, and implementation.
- Performed GAP Analysis and interacted with SME’s, project managers, developers and conducted JAD sessions throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Documented Business scripts after understanding the system thoroughly and translating them to the developers to help in corporate the current system features into the future system.
- Created and verified user stories and use case specifications with activity and state diagrams.
- Supported software upgrades and installation of projects including facilitation of meetings, tasks scheduling, status, issues, escalations and change management.
- Worked closely with the QA team and Developers to clarify and understand functionality, resolve issues and provide feedback to identify defects.
- Executed GUI testing: tested the screen navigation, graphics and hyperlinks, etc. to ensure requirements are met.
- Participated in the team meetings to discuss issues arising out of the Quality Assurance (QA) testing team and provided appropriate feedback from the requirements perspective.
- Created exceptions report which were then submitted to project lead and stakeholders on a regular basis
- Involved in the design phase of the development
- Worked with the business end users, project and technology management and their staff to identify, define, interpret, and clarify scope of problems/issues in terms of complex business systems
Environment: J2EE, Oracle, Windows, SharePoint, Quality Center
Confidential, New York, NY
Software Test Analyst
- Analyzed Requirements, Designed and Executed Test Cases.
- Interacted effectively with peers, management and cross-functional teams to address and resolve issues
- Prepared the Traceability Matrix for mapping the Requirements with the Test Cases through Quality Center.
- Developed Test Scenarios against Software Requirement Specifications
- Performed Functionality Testing and GUI Testing.
- Performed Backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Participated in weekly meetings with the management team and walkthroughs.
- Met with the developers and technical content writers on a regularly update the test documents
- Conducted manual testing on all application.
- Developed Test condition & Test Data to execute the test scripts.
- Coordinated software defect tracking efforts to ensure satisfactory defect resolution.
- Performed verifications on fix and documented status of defects appropriately.
- Provided administrative support involving general administrative responsibilities for the day-to-day operations.
- Performed front end, back end, GUI, Functionality, Security testing on the application.
- Involved in Manual User acceptance testing with various combinations.
- Developed & executed Test scenarios for User Acceptance Testing.
- Designing and Executing Test Cases in Quality Center.
- Conducted Multi-User, Smoke and System testing.
- Performed Performance Testing to identify abnormalities in the web application.
- Developed test cases based on business and functional requirement.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were created to buy the application.
- Monitored the defect tracking process using Quality Center, trouble shooting and generating customized graphs and reports for the client.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Maintaining status reports and communicating with the Management regarding progress of work.
Environment: Quality Center, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, TOAD