- Over 9 years of experience as a Business Analyst with client focused roles in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive experience solving problems and creating solution - based value in Healthcare, Finance, Insurance and Retail industries.
- Extensive experience with Provider/Payer model in Healthcare and Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) industries.
- Extensive experience with Claims Adjudication at Confidential (AS 400) software.
- Experience with ICD 9 -10 conversion and implementation.
- Highly experienced in conducting Gap Analysis and Feasibility Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new business requirements.
- Extensive experience in implementing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles and methodologies such as Agile, Scaled Agile, Rational Unified Process (RUP), and Waterfall Method in development.
- Experience working on E-commerce platforms for retail players. Extensive knowledge of developing POS (Point of Sale) applications.
- Conducting JAD sessions with the technology areas, interviews, written correspondence, reports, implementation requirements, project status reports, oral presentations and email, to keep executive leadership apprised of goals, project status, and resolving issues and conflicts.
- Experienced in ERP Software Implementations in the roles of Project Manager, Consultant and Business Analysis working in a team environment or independently at client site using discovery processes to recommend best practice for building configuration,, testing and support.
- Skilled in coordinating and communicating between Developers, QA Teams, Management, QA and project leads and stakeholders to keep them informed at all the times about the development and the open issues.
- Exceptional communication skills result oriented professional who combines formal /s with experience gained from research and hands-on opportunities.
- Analytical, methodical and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying root causes and corrective actions to meet short and long-term business, financial and system requirements.
Moody's Analytics, Standard & Poor's, Thomson Reuters, Crystal Reports, Rational Unified Process, UML, MS Visio, MS OFFICE (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, LIMS, LMS, Outlook, Access), MS SQL Server, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, Pharmacy, Mercury Quality Center, Eagle Pace Broadridge impact, Thomson one, Bloomberg, IDC, SunGard, Business Objects, Cloud computing, Crystal Reports, FIX protocol, Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2007 , Bloomberg AIM, NetSuite
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WI
Sr. Business Analyst
- Researched various steps in project lifecycle and constructed system in a way that the high-risk material would be easily identified and monitored.
- Facilitated business requirements gathering sessions with the business and overlooked the creation of Use Cases/Activity Diagrams and Functional Specifications using Visio.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) for communicating and managing expectations to discuss ways of integration of rational tools with current system.
- Closely working with Team members and leading them in Sprint Planning and efficiently breaking the epics to sprint level user story and assigning to developers based on skill set.
- Analyzed statistical business results based on industry trends and data collected from retail, customers, online competitors and outside sales to understand company’s sales program and past performances.
- Conducted retail activity-based analysis of business processes and made recommendations based on my findings.
- Performed Testing on Webservices SOAP and REST API integration in BPM System.
- Used BPM rest-UI services for Testing REST API and validated GET, PUT, HOST Method to checked on Process Instance
- Improved supply chain that supported business strategies to adapt to changing market conditions, reduce cost, and adjust to new business opportunities.
- Worked with Analytics team to capture returns and exchanges data.
- Owning product backlog, defining vision, and prioritizing stakeholder needs to feature releases in an agile environment.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagram using SQL queries
- Generating complex SQL stories based on the requirement and assisting the developers in generating SSRS reports.
- Understood the vision from stakeholders and created product goal and product roadmap.
- Defined the product goal for each sprint.
- Worked with digital marketing team to create rewards/loyalty program to do marketing campaigns for customer acquisitions.
- Worked with the development team to create the technical tasks associated for the user story.
- Implemented SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to drive traffic from search engines.
- Currently working on new authentication (OKTA) wherein customers can directly sign in through google and Facebook suite.
- Monitor and report on ecommerce marketing channels and campaign results, analyze key metrics, assist in creating reports for measuring Digital Marketing programs. Uncover patterns or trends within and across data sets and identify additional ways to improve.
- Collaborated with vendor partners to ensure inventory demand is forecasted, and orders are tracked and delivered on time.
- Analyzed sales trends and forecast product demand to support inventory needs.
- Participated in the analysis, design, and implementation of Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Expertise in maintaining Agile tools like JIRA, KANBAN Boards and making sure the user stories move
- Created UML diagrams- Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio. Story Creating, detailing business requirement according to customers, and using Agile/Scrum methodology
Environment: Atlassian Confluence, JIRA-Agile, Visio, Teradata, MS SQL, SSRS, REST API’s, MS Office, tableau, Google Big Query, Service now, MicroStrategy, Microsoft BI, Business Objects.
Confidential, Waukesha, WI
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Using MS Project for Implementing project management processes, ensure projects are delivered on time, assembling project plans, monitoring work efforts, performing reviews, tracking key project milestones, providing status updates and reports, gathering project-related feedback, managing day-to- day operational aspects.
- Serve as Scrum Master for two Agile Scrum teams to facilitate scrum ceremonies such as grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.
- Use capacity analysis, historical data, sales forecasts and product lifecycle roadmaps as inputs to develop requirements for demand analysis.
- Experience on SQL server to retrieve the data for Business and Technical documentations. Used various SQL queries to join tables, update or add new tables and other related information in the Database and vise-versa.
- Worked closely with engineering team to update the manuals and content on different websites.
- Lead and represent IT unit in weekly SIOP and Schedule attainment meetings.
- Assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, directed and monitored work efforts daily, identified resource needs, performed quality reviews; and escalated functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Coordinated communication with all departments of the organization that affected the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort managed on daily stand ups and review meetings.
- Conducted Sprint planning meetings to coordinate between offshore team, clients, Dev and QA teams.
- Take the ownership to build the product by collaborating with Dev and QA team.
- Worked as a Project Manager by providing high-level estimates, prioritizing stories for the sprint and maintaining backlogs and release plans.
- Work with sales team to manage demand planning for retail customers (Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Costco, etc.)
- Responsible working in Online Retailing, Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Customer (B2C) functions.
- Acted as a Product Owner for all the web portals to enhance and update them.
- Working with business users to define their mobility requirements for Mobile Link, Tech Pro and Power Design Pro applications and create technology solutions to meet these needs.
- Worked as Business Analyst for collecting customer requirement for managing supply and delivery translating the requirements into documentation for effective process flow mapping.
- Created RFP micro service to provide RESTful API utilizing Spring Boot with Micro Services.
- Used Durable Subscription method to Test REST API on BPM services to Test Message event reaches the services returns the information in timely manner.
- Implemented API security policies (as set by API manager), applied to all customer-facing proxy APIs for ClientID enforcement and Rate Limiting - SLA Based and Secured service endpoints using OAuth2.0, HTTPS and SSO.
- Maintained internal API standards documentation to improve clarity in the API design process.
- Worked with SAP team to integrate SAP and Web team data. Reduced the lag time on web services API by 35% by integrating different API’s together.
- Design, develop, testing work for Micro-Service framework using Spring/Spring for RESTful API’s.
- Develop business process flow diagrams using Business Process Modeling Notation.
- Provided application support for API functionality that is used by client facing UI and Excel Plugin which resulted in a quicker turnaround time for Developers to fix production issues
- Completed by analyzing and gathering month over month statistics on attributes that have regulatory reporting and monetary impacts to produce a focused project scope and acquire accurate data samples for data quality analysis
Environment: Java, Atlassian Confluence, JIRA-Agile, Service Manager, Visio, Smart Draw, .Net, HP-ALM, DB2, MS SQL, REST, SAP, SOAP API’s, MS Office, SharePoint.
Confidential, Eagan, MN
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Serve as key role in defining and documenting system enhancement needs to support the business.
- Identify and document system enhancement scope for assigned projects; drive scope management and trade off discussion with project teams.
- Provide work plans and detailed estimates based on scope.
- Interview stakeholders to elicit and document business needs; define functional, high level and detailed system requirements for software changes in RxClaim (AS400)
- Actively engage in discussions to ensure clear understanding of requirements, approach.
- Compare and align health care expenditure estimates from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS); where providers’ financial institutions have faster access to funds; easier reconciliation of payments with bank statements.
- Created Business Requirement Documents and Functional Requirement Documents
- Managed high-volume API applications in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Worked on analyzing of the enrollment reconciliation plans. Worked with Medicaid Enrollment for Illinois and Minnesota for Prescription Drug Services refills.
- Extensive work preparing and integrating data for report distribution using SQL/SSIS and report automation packages
- Good Exposure in Data Mart life cycle development, performed ETL procedure to load data from different sources into data marts and data warehouse
- Good in performance tuning and integration of various data sources like Oracle, Flat files into the staging area and Design ETL processes that span multiple projects
- Created database objects like staging tables, target tables, synonyms, sequences, triggers and stored procedures to move data to target. Developed Shell scripts to run the ETL batch on receiving the flag.
- Prepared SQL queries for data verification between differing Medical Billing systems at multiple locations.
- Used SQL and utilities to write a query for investigation purposes and creation all kind of reports (online and batch) for mainframe and AS400 databases.
- Managed high-volume API applications in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Performed Web service testing using RESTful API and Postman.
- Conducted data mapping from old legacy system to new application and responsible for managing & documenting business and project requirements including the project plan, RTM & deliverables, status reports, status meetings, UAT, risk & conflict analysis, negotiations & used RCM for change management.
- Executed the test cases for functionality, integration, end to end and user acceptance testing by preparing test suites under test lab tab in HP Quality Center.
- Managed multiple API deployments, directing Backlog, Development Iterations.
- Partner with Quality Assurance resources to design, build and write test cases to perform user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Governance risk and compliance system administration, including enhancements, configurations, maintenance and support. Compliance intranet administration including content development, updates, and testing.
- Participate in process improvement discussions for system development.
- Define functional, high-level and detailed system requirements for requested software changes for RxClaim (AS 400) by creating Enhancement Requirement Document (ERD).
- Write use cases, current state and future state business and functional process flows.
- Complete scope, feature matrix, test matrix, detailed estimates and work-plan to manage work and timelines.
Environment: Waterfall, Java, AS 400 (RxClaim), Atlassian Confluence, JIRA-Agile, HP-ALM, DB2, LOTUS Notes, IBM Rational Change Management (RCM), REST, Salesforce, SOAP, API’s, HP Quality Center, MS Office.
Confidential, St. Louis and Minneapolis
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered requirements for the exchanges (HIM/HIX system) and helped develop claim adjudication rules under the Affordable Care Act.
- Worked on Medicare and Medicaid compliance enhancements to pay/reject the claim per CMS and NCPDP standards.
- Led team of business system analysts to estimate the functional scope and timelines based on requirements analysis.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project, educate clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with the Health Insurance Claims.
- Created solutions to tie data from multiple sources into programs, reports and web services.
- Conducted walkthroughs for Pharmacy Health Insurance Claims with end users, developers, managers and other analysts.
- Normalize customer data, using SQL algorithms to generate reports.
- Involved in analyzing all types of Medicare and Medicaid Claims as per client requirements.
- Created Business Glossary that defined various Health Insurance terminologies.
- Developed Project Status metrics for weekly evaluation of Project Status and impact of the Change Request on the time line and written narratives, table charts and graphs to display data.
- Gather functional requirements for Pharmacy application (AS 400) and web portal development, leading meetings with internal and external stakeholders and securing business approvals to ensure time, cost, and scope goals are achieved.
- Implemented electronic data interface (EDI) inbound and outbound data feeds for clients and third-party administrators in accordance with established service level agreements (SLAs) by utilizing Oracle packages and procedures, Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures, and data objects to identify and correct data issues and system defects.
- Used SQL code to retrieve data from the database while writing requirements for mainframe and AS400.
- Provided Lawson/Infor ERP day to day support and technical/functional assistance across multiple platforms.
- Hands on experience in performing different types of testing like functionality, integration, system, cross browser, cross platform, end to end, regression, beta, production, load, stress, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Manage Materials Procurement and Production Planning within ERP systems using nonstandard processes.
- Editing API specification documentation such as REST for customer .
- Reviewed new API development specification releases and updated portal content.
- Managed API platform services by offering solutions to clients including implementations, enhancements and customer support.
- Manage projects using agile methodology and UAT to ensure client satisfaction with software and web portals.
- Support the development of Use Case Diagrams for a web portal, using UML and Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in System, Regression, Performance, Integration and UAT testing for Claims subsystem and documentation of the project life cycle and performed report for internal customers.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and Gap analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Worked with programming staff to ensure requirements are incorporated into design and testing.
Environment: API’s, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Java, Windows XP, Windows 2003, SSAS, SSMS, SSRS, SAS 8.2, SAS 9.2, Rational Suite, MS Office, MS Access, NetSuite, AS 400
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Business Systems Analyst
- Document business requirements and System requirements and make them approved from Business or the end client.
- Participate in a Review of the requirements with the Development and Testing team.
- Work with Mortgage Processing Services based on a platform of Black Knight Financial Services MSP/LSP.
- Work on MSP and BKFS Loan Sphere. Purchase invoices make buy and funding recommendations.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and Use case diagrams.
- Created and executed test cases, test scripts, and scenarios for web applications (Analyst Workstation System), mainframe application (FullApp), ADP system integration within Capstone for adjudicating applications for credit cards, real estate, mortgages, insurance, LOCs and loans.
- Expertise in using Bloomberg as the different tool to create mockup screens and present them to wide variety of audiences who includes business, Developers, testers.
- Managed bridge loan disbursement process for office redevelopment transactions.
- Forecasted cash flows to substantiate equity capital calls.,
- Standardized reporting for equity partners and lenders for compliance with LP agreements and loan documents.
- Reconciled actual expenses for value-add executions with capital budgets.
- Extensively worked on API Testing for the various XML attributes for different kinds of report generation
- Analyzes, audits, and reviews invoice details to compare to vendor invoices. Disputes vendor invoices as needed. Develops and distributes reports related to vendor invoice payment, cost allocation, and asset management.
- Performed sanity, functional, installation, cross platform, system integration, end to end, security, regression, post-release and user acceptance testing.
- Monitored ACW, AUX and time logged off the phone and determined associate’s availability.
- Analyzed scheduling packages that tracked call volume and reviewed historical trend data and determined the level of daily call activity.
- Verify all derivative and fixed income asset transactions to ensure the trade was processed between our traders and brokers smoothly, accurately, and ties out to match accounting.
- Correct improper trades executed by the trading teams, including options, futures, and fixed income securities.
- Performed Unit testing, Integration testing along with system testing and involved in creation of test cases and test scenarios which also involve the backend systems.
Environment: Quality Center 10, Crystal Reports XI/XI R2,API, SQL Server 2000, NetSuite, Agile, Rational Suite, XML, Windows, UML, Angular, MS Project, MS Office, MS Visio. Bloomberg, SQL server 2000.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Analyzed and collected business requirements identified system interfaces and created the requirements specification document.
- Worked on Moody’s Pricing and Valuation Tools and Wall Street analytics for credit risk measurement and risk calculation.
- Used Moody’s Fermat for credit research, risk measurement and valuation for the system.
- Responsible for cash and asset management of trust accounts including valuations of assets, collateral reconciliation and settlement of accounts
- Selected to represent Portfolio Management department, as most junior member, on a committee with senior executives to develop Confidential ’s proprietary SQL database.
- Managing the cash balances and overall exposure for the fixed income funds daily.
- Interact with specialized units to provide meaningful quality measurements to ensure asset management procedures are followed and legal requirements are met.
- Experience in Security Master, Eagle Pace, Data Management, and data flows.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MSP by functioning as a subject matter expert with various mortgage servicers in new loan boarding and special loans mortgage products.
- Consolidate Trade Date and reconcile from across multiple settlement platforms like equity, bond market, derivatives and commodity market. Researched and resolved billing and invoice problems.
- Experience in Business Analysis (BI projects) for Financial Leasing, Lending.
- Analyzed monthly property financials, property cash flow statements and future cash requirements
- Reviewed and opined on Borrower draw requests for capital expenditures
- Monitored and reported on performance of portfolios and individual components
- Quarterly analysis of portfolios and individual positions
- Created investment valuation models which track operational performance, return metrics and overall credit quality
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with Pega System Administrators and Business Users, documented any issues or defects and eventually got sign off from the right parties.
- Prepared Business Context Diagram, Use Case diagrams and corresponding Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose to depict the workflows to be incorporated into the development of Pega Business Process Management (BPM) tool.
- Drafted project timelines and milestones and contributed to decks in order to socialize the business case for the portfolio monitoring system.
- Worked with client portfolio managers, traders, research analysts, marketers, and client advisors to analyze and execute investment strategies across asset classes: equities, fixed income, multi-asset solutions, real assets, hedge funds and private equity.
- Analyze risk and formulate reports based on risk and data analysis.
- Provide guidance \ to new staff (when required) on the Change Management process as documented in Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Review and process all new loan applications from retention and acquisitions. Products include conventional, government VA and FHA, purchases and HARP loans.
- Used the Eagle Investment Systems accounting solution, STAR (Straight Through Accounting and Recordkeeping), to provide support, problem solving, and knowledge transfer to various Operations groups.
- Developed Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, and reviewed test results for converting mutual funds to the funds accounting platform, Bloomberg AIM.
- Perform Inventory Management check of different asset classes like stocks, commodities and bonds.
- Monitored data flows inbound and outbound in the Eagle PACE Platform, Performed data analysis to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the stored data.
Environment: MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Eagle Pace, Rational Rose, Pega, BPM SQL, UML, Fiserv Recon, Moody’s Tools, Rational Unified Process, FIX, Test Director, Crystal Reports, MS Office, Bloomberg AIM.