- Confidential brings to this position over 15 years of Business Analyst experience across corporate, government, and international entities, working to strengthen services delivery of Information Technology across life cycle of projects, including maintenance.
- Confidential has successfully worked with a team to support diverse stakeholders for Software Development and enhancements efforts.
- Confidential possess strong analytical and project management skills complemented with his thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- As a strong Business Analyst and Project Manager, Confidential is able to champion requirements elicitation efforts that ensure that quality and testable requirements are captured, managed and implemented to achieve the project scope iteration/sprint.
- Confidential is flexible to support both national or international development efforts and is open for both local (Washington DC metro area) and International (expatriate) assignments.
- Confidential has strong verbal and written communication skills, problem - solving and interpersonal skills, and pays attention to details. He has the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Confidential has advanced knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and has worked in the following environments: Jama, Jira, Confluence, SQL, Databases, QA, IV&V, SDLC, and Project Management.
- Seeks to achieve a solid understanding of the client’s business processes and key drivers in short order, measures success for the business, and understand the tactical and strategic direction of the business and related technologies.
- Plays a critical role in assessing the impact that proposed changes would have on the client’s business and development efforts and make recommendations accordingly.
- Elicits, captures and analyze requirements (functional and non-functional) from end users and relevant stakeholders for new and/or enhancements of products, services, or optimize existing business processes and relevant systems
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Works collaboratively with the technical, testing, and QA/QC teams to ensure that deliverables meet expectations.
- Able to perform quality assurance and user acceptance test functions.
- Provides and applies functional and technical expertise towards the development and/or redesign of current business processes to ensure effective and efficient use of core Business and IT competencies
- Able to negotiate requirements across multiple groups, relationship management.
- Interacts directly with clients, key stakeholders and IT development to ensure proposed processes and systems meet desired needs.
- Supports one or more moderately to highly complex business processes at a given time
- Document and maintain business and functional requirements and ensures consistency.
- Provides consultative assistance to business users and stakeholders looking to streamline processes by analyzing and determining problem/opportunity/solution resolution.
- Anticipates, quantify and resolves problems and issues with requirements. Communicates with clients and stakeholders using data process models to clarify and validate requirements.
- Addresses issues and questions related to intended functionality of the system, as well as support the business in implementing the required changes to make effective use of the new system.
- Utilizes time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities to handle multiple and parallel projects, deliverables while working both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Able to work autonomously with little to no oversight or direction.
- A critical thinker who can evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Able to employ facilitation techniques in discussing requirements with clients. (E.g. Brainstorming, structured walkthrough, JAD sessions).
- Able to identify “as-is” state vs. “to-be” state using a variety of applicable tools and techniques depending on the project and its complexity including but not limited to use-case diagramming, ERD diagrams, data flows and business process work flows.
- Experience in Agile Development environment.
- Experience managing and maintaining of requirements traceability.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once in order to meet demanding deadlines.
- Team player who can effectively work in a fast paced environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office. (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and SharePoint..
- Experience working with and presenting to executive level clients.
- Strong understanding of system architecture and a desire to participate in development strategy.
- Ability to wear many hats.
- Great interpersonal skill, effective interaction with diverse groups across staff and user community (internal and external)MITA Frameworks, EPLC, HIPPA, CMS Expedited Life Cycle (XLC) State MMIS, 508
- Agile, Waterfall, Iterative methodologies.
- Data Modeling (Conceptual, Logical, Physical), SDLC. Jira, Confluence, Jama
- MITA Frameworks, EPLC, HIPPA, CMS Expedited Life Cycle (XLC) State MMIS, 508
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE:
- Planned and elicited/gathered requirements from diverse stakeholders
- Liaised between the technical team and business community. Translated
- Supported JAR and JAD Sessions
- Captured/Documented User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Analyzed and validated the requirements to the scope
- Translated and developed requirements into technical specifications
- Updated/Ensured Traceability Matrix
- Led a team of Business Analyst and Technical team to work collaboratively in finalizing requirements and ensured approval of all requirements
Tools: JIRA, Jama, Confluence, HP ALM. CALT
ARRA IV&V Lead
- Supported the Confidential American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Program M&E/IV&V for systems integration of subsystems with the NBS system of record.