- Fourteen (14) years of progressive public and private sector experience. Strong track record of s transcending a wide range of architectural domains. Skills include architecting, planning and analysis, engineering, and policy analysis within the Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal Government of the United States.
- Results - oriented, high-energy, highly effective systems architecting, engineering, and enterprise architecture professional.
- Major strengths include exceptional vision and creativity, facility in architectural synthesis and elaboration, abstraction and problem solving abilities, attention to nuanced detail, an ability to articulate the impact of architectural decisions to non-technical audiences, excellent communication skills, skill in navigating IT Governance, Systems Engineering, and Cyber Security policies and processes, and dutiful respect for regulations in all compliance environments.
- Enterprise / Systems Architecting -13 yrs.
- Process Improvement/BPR - 9 yrs.
- Policy Analysis, Review and Development - 3 yrs.
- Systems Engineering - 11 yrs.
- Information Assurance/Cyber Security - 5 yrs.
- Program Analyses and Evaluation (PAE) - 3 yrs.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS, TOOLS, AND TECHNOLOGIES:
- Enterprise Architecting, DoDAF, UML
- System Architect (IDEF Modeling)
- Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Microsoft Visio
- Troux Architect
- Magic Draw
- ARIS Toolset
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Conducted an As-IS analysis of Confidential Ground-based and Terrestrial Communications Networks:
- Interviewed SMEs to ensure EA artifacts are technically correct and to document assumptions based upon the reviews of documentation
- Creation of EA artifacts to include OV-5a, OV-6c and SV-1 diagrams
- Created an approach to guide the development of the value Stream Analysis Circuit Inventory Process:
- This included creation and deployment of performance metrics; process flows of existing Circuit Inventory, Pay, and Store processes; and a Value Stream Data Collection Plan.
- Defined technical approaches for the development of Project Management Office (PMO) services to clients in the areas of Strategic Planning and Enterprise Architecture.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Reviewed EA artifacts in support of Airforce Medical Service in support of Confidential Compliance requirements:
- This included reviewing OV-1, OV-2, OV-5a, OV-6c, SV-1, SV-4 artifacts to ensure they complied with Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) and Organizational Execution Plan (OEP) requirements
- Interviewed system owners to ensure systems changes, if any, have been incorporated into EA artifacts
- Works with system owners and PMs to ensure system descriptions are accurately reflected in OV and SV EA artifacts
- Create OV-1, SV-4 artifacts in response to inputs from PMs and validate information with system owners
- Conduct modeling sessions with PMs to capture OV-6c changes in Rational System Architect
- Attend high level governance and policy meetings to ensure Confidential guidance is reflected in EA artifacts.
- Craft an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
- Use the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) AoA methodology for comparing six (6) IT alternatives and baseline solution against several decision making criteria (e.g. Cost, Schedule, Risk, etc.).
- Analyze cloud based solutions (e.g. Microsoft 365. Huddle, etc.) against solutions provided by Confidential
- Design, Assess and implement performance measures that capture IT solution performance against specified decision criteria.
- Craft a variety of specialized reports such as the Business Case (OMB 300) and IT Solution Road Map.
- Augment specialized reports with supplemental information such as factors that unnecessarily drive decision making (e.g. Cost, Enterprise Compliance, etc.)
Confidential, Rosslyn, VA
- Craft high level policy to coordinate Cyber Security SOP development and align it Confidential SP Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Evaluate emerging technologies for inclusion in the PEO Testing Infrastructure (PEO TI) environment.
- Provide technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management.
- Review System Engineering processes to include risk, Information Assurance/Cyber Security, for impacts to cost, schedule and performance.
- Plan, facilitate, analyze, and manage complex IT and private cloud infrastructures for both .COM and .MIL domains.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Facilitated discussions between Subject Matter Experts (SME), DHS Senior Leadership and others regarding inputs to the Integrated Domain Awareness (IDA) Transition Strategy.
- Created formal and ad-hoc business process models of Air, Land and Maritime domains:
- This included mapping inputs/outputs, resource flows and mapping information and data flows to applicable EA artifacts.
- Conducted gap analyses of Air, Land and Maritime domain models to determine degree of fit between DHS regulations, policies and best practices
- Examine touch points (manual) and interfaces between Air, Land and Maritime models to determine how both the touchpoints and interfaces impact the Cyber Security domain.
- Created a wide range of analytical products to demonstrate relationships between IT Portfolio Management tools and processes and specific touch points in the IDA Segment Architecture:
- These products included traditional EA artifacts such as DIV-1 & 3, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and mappings of traceability matrixes of data
- Analyzed and evaluate of Confidential architectural artifacts for compliance with information assurance/cyber security to include: cyber security posture, cyber threats and design patterns.
- Provided subject matter expertise of Enterprise Architecture (EA) for Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) documents in execution of the FORCEnet Consolidated Compliance Checklist.
- Review new and emerging technology trends (e.g. Cloud Computing, Data Center Consolidation, etc.) to see how those trends can be incorporated into Confidential IT efficiency efforts.
- Evaluated emerging Confidential and DISA enterprise architecture constructs for impact on Department of Confidential (DON) operations. These included: Defense Enterprise Security Architecture (DESA); Unified Capabilities Architecture (UCRA); Core Data Center Architecture.
- Gathered and analyzed multiple information sources (e.g.,) to a number of senior level working groups within Confidential and DON (e.g., DON Enterprise Architecture Working Group (DON EAWG), Architecture and Standards Review Group (ASRG), Federal Architecture Committee (FAC)).
- Analyze and evaluate how Confidential business systems align to the elements of the Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA) 9.0.
- Provide subject matter expertise on a wide range of technology and enterprise architecture issues, such as: Navy Data Strategy and Implementation Plan, Network Optimization Architecture (NORA), Future Mission Network (FMN) Architecture.
- Review and consult with Confidential Program officials on the viability of Information Support Plans (ISP) in support of IT Acquisition Process.
- Reviewed specific EA artifacts (e.g. AV-1, AV-2, OV-5, OV-6c, SV-1, SV-6, DIV-1 &3) to determine compliance with Confidential and Confidential LRPGs (Laws, Regulations, Policy and Guidance).
- Provide analytical and policy development support to the Joint Information Environment (JIE) Security Architecture. This includes: cross walking JIE constructs against DoDAF v2.0 architecture guidance, evaluating system engineering processes and JIE’s “fit for purpose” views and providing feedback to JIE working group on process improvements.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Identify current and emerging IT vulnerabilities, work with security standards and processes, review IT security architecture, and supporting the client IT security efforts.
- Provide extensive enterprise security expertise in an operational environment supporting IT architectural review and planning for security assurance.
- Generate a wide range of written analytical products to include: white papers on Afghan Mission Network (AMN); AOA studies on how Confidential can generate efficiencies
- Create, modify, and update Enterprise Architecture artifacts. This included both operational and systems views.
- Co-wrote the Confidential ’s Cyber Security Policy.
- Participated in Confidential wide Data Governance board meetings aimed at formulating policy regarding cross border data flows.
- Working in conjunction with Confidential Leadership, established the Confidential Cyber Security Office.
Confidential, Patuxent River, MD.
- Create an “AS-IS” Enterprise Architecture definition for the Confidential.
- Align EA artifacts in preparation for Confidential Depot architectures to be subsumed by SAP FO Module.
- Coordinate with the technical team and client deliver white papers, briefings, and enterprise architecture artifacts created in System Architect to create the AV-1, OV-1, OV-2, OV-3, OV-5, and OV-6.
- Identify and collaborate on relevant functionality gaps in ARIS developed event driven process chains (EPC) for functional requirements to be sent to the SAP development team.
- Established Create OV-6 diagrams to capture “AS-IS” process models to document depot management processes.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Map and analyze HITSP Standards in order to reconcile data and technical requirements between Confidential and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Compared the Target DoD/VA Health Standard Profile to the Confidential Target TV-1 to identify and mitigate gaps.
- Research and analyze Technical Standards for all systems contained within the MHS Enterprise Architecture.
- Conduct gap analyses of IT systems in MHS Enterprise Architecture to determine degree of fit between currently employed Technical Standards and target EA profile.
- Create a wide variety of written products in support of client requirements. This included: white papers on the HITSP standards, technical topics (i.e. network security, etc.)
- Created a SharePoint set of pages on the Confidential Portal for the Confidential Security Architecture. This included: Short summary papers in support of Confidential IA senior leader requirements, impact statements and connections of EA Artifacts with applicable policy documents.
- Collaborate with Proposal Development teams to drive business development activities related to Enterprise Architecture activities.
- Consulted to assess whether an EHR medical device included Health Information Technology Standards Profile (HITSP), FDA and FCC elements in its architectural description.
- Design Performance Model (PRM) for the Shared Services Provider (SSP) ERP systems at General Services Administration (GSA).