8+ years of experience as an IT Business Systems Analyst with in - depth experience in project analysis and analytics. Developed root-cause analysis and solutions by collaborating with key stakeholders and team members in Agile-Scrum environments. Has an extensive background creating use cases (user stories) and writing test scripts, and is also proficient in all aspects of Excel, SQL and statistical analysis.
- Statistical Inference
- MS Test
- Design Patterns
- Visual Studio
- Toad and DB2
- SQL Server
- Rational Rose
- Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive and Apache Spark noSQL
Business Systems Analyst/Contractor
- Collaborated with the Development Leads and Program Managers to develop and implement software implementation plans
- Also interacted with developers, scrum master and product owners in an Agile-Scrum environment writing user stories for a more comprehensive understanding and better project deliverables.
- Responsible for trouble shooting, conflict resolution, accurate billing and order taking processes, and monitoring for call center operations.
- Established performance metrics such as quantitative assessment, schedule compliance, production standards, and presented the findings to senior management.
- Developed and maintained SQL scri pts to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in a data warehouse environment.
- Providing support and leadership in the formulation of systems and information strategy.
- Job duties were data mining, analytics, evaluating past trends and current conditions, and presenting our conclusions and recommendations to senior management.
- Work was performed in conjunction with LoanSphere, Confidential ’s proprietary software that manages mortgages and financial information.
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with business stakeholders, managers and developers to create test plans, use cases and user acceptance criteria in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Gathered business requirements to address and resolving concerns with management and developers.
- Created ad hoc SQL queries for Customer Care Representatives.
- Performed test executions and analyzed test results
- Acted as a liaison between developers, business analysts and end-users conducting manual and automated testing
- Tests created and executed: functionality, system, system integration, regression, database, stress testing, and boundary testing.
- Analyzed marketplace, industry, company, technology trends, vendor products and services for best practices. Also analyzed system impacts to other systems and procedures. Provided recommendations on best practices and changes in technology.
- Worked with developers to conduct user acceptance testing and data validation of web applications.
- Performed ongoing quality assurance to ensure accuracy and consistency of output in the system
- Reviewed, analyzed and created detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions and steps required to develop or modify application programs.
- Met with end users and developers in an Agile-Scrum environment.
- Liaised with project managers and development teams to identify and implement reporting concerns and automation opportunities.
- Exploratory testing, ad hoc testing, bug documentation and summary writing.
- Manual testing of Diamond Claims software.
- Met with software developers to clarify and address issues and problems.
- Served as liaison between users, business analysts and developers, to gather and translate requirements into detailed functional and design specifications.
- Worked on the DEETERS project.
- Extensive Black Box testing experience: functional, regression, smoke, load/stress, and boundary testing.
- White Box testing experience: unit, integration and system testing.
- Responsible for writing test plans, producing test reports, creating test metrics and providing recommendations on automating test strategies based on business requirements and technical specifications.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). A member of a collegiate group that created a web application. We began with requirements specifications and design, and then proceeded to the analysis phase. Java and JFC/Swing were used to develop the web application, and mySQL was used for the database. Before the project was released into production, the software was tested for adherence to design, robustness and bugs, and the web application was released with nary a problem. The project was done in accordance to RUP's iterative Software Development methodology.
- Software Engineering. Another group project developing the inaugural web page for Volunteers in Medicine in Jacksonville, Florida
- Developed use cases for software development: requirements gathering, analysis, design, construction, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Developed comprehensive Class Diagrams, State Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML methodology in RUP and agile environments.