Developer and analytical professional with 30 years of practical experience involving software design and development, systems analysis, production management, process re - engineering, requirements analysis, project leadership and management, and customer relations. Strong in design patterns and best practices. Worked within several SDLC methodologies including RAD, Agile, Waterfall, and certain forms of iterative approaches. Excellent writing and speaking skills. Adept at building strong working relationships with coworkers and management. Proven background leading teams in deadline-oriented environments.
Operating Systems & Platforms: Numerous Windows and Unix Platforms.
Development Environments, Tools & Repositories: IntelliJ, JBoss, JBuilder, Visual Studio; TOAD, SQL Developer, Nexus, SVN, Tortoise SVN, YourKit, JProbe, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, Jenkins.
Development Frameworks: AWS, JWSDP, SOAP and REST Web Services, MFC, COM/COM+/ActiveX, ATL, .Net, BizTalk.
Java API Exposure: JNLP, JWSDP, JMF, JMS, JPA, JNDI, JAX-RS, Jackson, multiple Apache frameworks.
Design Patterns: Singleton, Abstract Factory Method, Factory, Command, Composite, Observer, Visitor, Adapter, Facade.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Access, MySQL
Development Manager / Application Architect / Business Systems Analyst
- Responsible for directing the development efforts of the Confidential ’s ‘Transformation Project’.
- This project is an overhaul of four major internal and external divisions within the commission, with a focus on implementing the Confidential REALID program.
- Daily tasks include creating functional and technical requirements that are to be used for various development teams; creating, assigning, monitoring, and maintaining tasks for consultants and state employees.
- Responsible for the analysis, evaluation, selection, and integration of third party software and processes; conducting design and code reviews; unit testing and deployment of software into test and UAT areas.
- Work with the IT Director, portfolio, and project managers to provide status of technical progress on the project.
- Created business requirements for internal business lines related to the Transformation Project.
- Responsible for ensuring NJMVC procedural policies are followed and maintained as they relate to all facets of this project.
Lead Developer / Application Architect / Business Systems Analyst
- Responsible for designing and developing technical solutions for Confidential ’s many testing programs; regularly meeting with other development teams; ensuring production systems are stable, extendable, and fail-safe; mentoring development staff; development task identification, assignment, and monitoring; assisting in cost estimates in response to work requests.
- Working closely with another development team (technical, resource, and informationally) so Confidential may timely deliver its updated web-based test client application.
- Responsible for designing an item based authoring tool. Initial tasks included gathering requirements from face-to-face meetings with the client and then preparing documentation, in the form of use cases, functional requirements, story boards, and technical requirements.
- This documentation is most important as it is used as a basis to set contractual terms. Once documentation is reviewed and approved, my tasks were more developmentally based.
- Individual development tasks had to be identified, issued, and monitored.
- Progress of the development cycle was reported to the client regularly.
- Designed and developed an assessment delivery system, for use via the internet, for the Java® platform, called Confidential .
- Provided development efforts for both client and server with an emphasis on server-side, post-test admin data processing.
- Post-test processing includes gathering candidate test data and generating results based upon the gathered data in the form of XML, and ultimately posting those results to a separate system within the enterprise.
- Provided development and maintenance for the predecessor of Confidential, called Confidential .
- Intilially responsible for completing the integration of a legacy 16-bit Windows® (used for display) with a Java based delivery client application.
- Designed and developed the Java based display sub-system to work within the client application.
Owner / President / Developer
- Designed and developed a medical professional practice automation web application.
- Clients access the system via the internet and use the software to track all data relevant to their patients.
- Features of the software include an ‘intelligent’ accounts billable system by which patient bills and insurance claims are generated and forwarded to the associated party with no user interaction.
- This and other functions of the system such as visit tracking, claims adjudication, and carrier setup use ASP and java script components.
- Designed and developed a test registration application for a Java®/J2EE based deployment.
- The system used BEA’s Weblogic® product for its application server.
- Also provided C/C++ support for additional software products and services offered by this company.
- Maintained C/SDK, C++/MFC applications for delivering a variety of knowledge assessment programs, as well as the tools used to create the tests.
- Provided software and application interface support for other development groups within the company.
- Served as primary design and development engineer in building a graph/text rendering tool for both report output and end-user presentation development tools.
- This graphing API was at the core for what became the centerpiece for a suite of database query and business presentation tools for Confidential ’s CPG (consumer package goods) market research clients.
- Provided C/C++ programming and consulting services for this company’s defense contracts area.
- The software provided reports and inventory analysis in both text and graphic format.
- Built a framework to facilitate programmers accessing the system’s SQL based database.
Owner / President / Developer
- Designed, implemented, and marketed Windows® based practice management software for eye care professionals using C/Windows® SDK.
- Also provided software and consulting services for practices purchasing the software.
- The consulting was broad in scope, ranging from simple data import/export to the more complicated PC to vendor specific diagnostics equipment.
Programmer / Systems Analyst
- Acted as part of a design team to develop and implement a Windows® based cellular phone application to be used for inventory control, activation, reporting and overall management for sold cell phones.
- Developed assembly based software for PDU (poll-able data unit) embedded systems. These systems, which replaced magnetic tape systems, contained telephony switch data.
- The data was used to create both billing and statistical information.