- Experienced MBA - MSA Professional with diverse work experience in varied job roles - Business Data Analyst, Data Analyst, Senior Consultant, Consultant, Business Analyst, Product Manager, Project Manager - and in multiple different Line of Businesses - Confidential & Insurance, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance, Media & Entertainment, Healthcare.
- 13 + years’ experience working in an IT services and consulting environment, with experience in Business Process Management (BPM) & Improvement, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Operational Decision Management (ODM), having demonstrated track record of successful project delivery with innovation and automation in the face of ambiguity as delivery hallmark.
- Equally skilled in Business Data Analytics, Marketing Research, Data Visualization and other Management concepts such as Finance, Operations, Strategy Management as well as in IT concepts such as Oracle Database, Solution Architecture, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Scrum, Agile Methodology, Software Project Management, and Requirement Analysis.
- Have strong problem-solving skills, passion for data & intellectual curiosity to derive results, strong project management & communication skills and experience on Agile development methodologies and best practices.
- Have significant hands-on technical experience and fluency with big data and analytics tools (SAS, R, Alteryx), methodologies, design & environments, broad overall technical skill set including expertise in data modelling, Segmentation & Targeting, expertise in data visualization, dashboard design and visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Have real hands-on experience working with data warehouses, relational - SQL and is proficient in Excel (VLOOKUP, PivotTables, Complex models).
- And currently building expertise in Machine Learning, Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence techniques.
Programming Skills: DOT.NET, C#, C, C++, VB, Java, HTML, XML, CSS, PHP, MS SQL, Oracle 10g, IBM DB2, Dojo, JQuery
Tools: Skills SAS, R, Alteryx Designer v11.5, Tableau, Palisade StatTools, XLSTAT, IBM BPM & ODM, Pivotal-CRM, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Crystal Reports, MS Visio, Excel Solver, MS Project, Machine Learning, AWS, Python, Hadoop
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Working with multiple stakeholders to harvest and define the enterprise-wide and the application level business rules for Membership Relationship Management (MRM) Portal.
- Writing user stories and working with the Business Rules Development teams (IBM ODM & Pega) to implement these rules with acceptable user testing.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Business Technology Analyst
- Defined business requirements to migrate a Lotus Notes application to a Confidential BPM application to improve the rep and client experience by reducing paper forms and manual processing, allowing more straight-through processing opportunities thus reducing cycle times and errors by 30%. This also included enhancing existing features to deliver operational efficiencies and scalability such as providing Sales Support option to send out email notifications for the inbound interactions to ensure more robust communication with the field, enabling custom workflow request for the back office to provide flexible routing and hand offs between the different operational groups etc.
- Worked with Salesforce team to handle the integration of IBM BPM application with Salesforce.
- Worked with multiple stakeholders from contact centre to back office teams to get consensus on priority requirements.
- Designed business use stories, performed user acceptance testing and ensured the final solution met business needs and requirements.
- Responsible for business process consulting & analysis and project requirement definition to U.S. Bank’s Wealth Management and Investment Services department.
- Worked with multiple stakeholders from Contact Centre teams to Back Office teams to get consensus on priority requirements.
- Collaborated with Project Leadership Team, Scrum Master and other stakeholders to understand the business need & product goals to create and maintain the project roadmap.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping the new BPM system for enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow. Drove business playback sessions.
- Planned and defined in scope items. Analysed business requirements and create user stories for in scope items. Created workflow diagrams, User Interface excels, wireframes and skeletal documents for the business sessions. Created design documents, use cases, and other documentation, as and when needed, to facilitate requirements gathering.
- Coordinated and performed in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and provide post-implementation support. Prepared business scenarios and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) test scenarios. Provided orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems. Support Development, System Integration Testing (SIT) and UAT teams on requirement clarification.
- Implemented the project as per Agile development and Six Sigma methodologies and best practices. Worked with the team during sprint planning to establish and manage the project backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement).
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Business Data Analyst
- Understanding the business problem and understanding what data is important & related to the business problem, and choosing the appropriate analytical method. Defining scope and key metrics using client discussions and literature reviews.
- Inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modelling data with the goal of discovering useful information, suggesting conclusions and supporting decision-making and business strategy.
- Providing consultation to business leaders and other stakeholders on how to leverage analytic insights to build actionable strategies. Recommend scope for statistical analysis in existing client projects such as developing a Sound Detection Machine Learning Model using TensorFlow to recognize the sound type. This model was trained for used in airline industry to pre-determine engine failure.
- Leading R&D process for analytics project, including academic paper research; algorithm development, program code writing, and final presentation.
- Performing sophisticated data analytics (encompassing data mining, inferential statistical analysis, and predictive analytics, for example).
- Performing an analysis using Alteryx Designer to identify the top 15 items that would provide the largest incremental profit from a price investment for a major US retail company.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Analysed attrition trends for Confidential to identify factors contributing to the high churn rate using cluster analysis.
- Provided recommendations to reduce the churn rate such as performing ANOVAs by cluster affiliation, logistic regression etc.
- Identified and provided valuable new actionable insights using various sources of data, recommending business actions to business leaders based on interpreted findings of the analysed business reports.
- Understood the business problem & scoped the project. Defined key metrics & measurement methods using client discussions and Literature reviews.
- Did data cleaning & understood what data is important and related to the business problem.
- Analysed, validated and interpreted analysis output, identifying and providing new actionable insights and telling the stories using various sources of data. Hence, recommending business actions to business leaders based on interpreted findings of the analysed business reports.
- Collected and prepared data for analysis, performed exploratory to advanced predictive and/or modelling analytics, and identified data relationships (patterns and trends).
- Analytical Method Used: Cluster Analysis & Segmentation using K-Means Cluster & Centroid Cluster Analysis.
Business Analyst / Product Manager
- Worked with business users to understand the vision and objectives. Analyzed the Business requirements and model Business rules.
- Translated functional specifications into technical requirements & managed a 10-person team that designed and developed a Customer Verification Software. The project aim to develop a reusable contact centre solution that would include functionalities such as Customer Verification, CTI Integration with IVR, Case Management, Guided Script Workflow, Reports and Report Builder.
- Collaborated with Sales, Marketing and other cross-functional teams to finalize branding and marketing plans for the product, resulting in sales with Confidential .
- Designed business use cases, performed acceptance testing and ensured the final solution met business needs and requirements.
- Collaborated with marketing, sales and service on the development of product positioning, demo design, training courses, etc. to ensure that business objectives are achieved. Worked in sync with teams from 4 different work locations within and outside India, working in different time zones.
- Documented the key goals/needs of the project and converted to Business Requirement Document (BRD). Analyzed business requirements and created user stories for in scope items. Created wireframes for the business sessions.
- Warranty Management is a H3 (reusable) application for post sales Warranty solutions. H3 solutions are those that Confidential show-class to its clients as part of displaying its technical acumen and as potential revenue options. The application comprised of following components: 1) Claim Submission 2) On Call Technical Support 3) Product Repair 3) Supplier Collaboration 4) Warranty Extension.
- Prepared business scenarios and UAT test scenarios. Supported Development, SIT and UAT teams on requirement clarification.
- Translated user, client, and partner feedback into product requirements. Owned the products through its entire life cycle - Research & Planning, Design, Implement & Test and Release.
- In charge of managing the Change Management process. Managed prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, developers, schedule, performance, and cost.
- Collaborated with Project Leadership Team, Scrum Master and other stakeholders to understand the business need & product goals to create & maintain the project roadmap.
- Participated in daily scrum meeting and followed agile application development. Implemented the project as per Agile development methodologies and best practices. Worked with the team during sprint planning to establish and manage the project backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement), working day-to-day with the team to clarify requirements, balancing business needs with technical requirements, and recommending alternative technical approaches to meet design requirements when needed.
- Conducted GAP analysis and document as-is and to-be processes. Sent status reports on the activities planned vs completed.
- Created WBS and Build Estimation for the module. Created the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Gave design playback on the mock-up screens to the client. Handled and resolved the performance bottlenecks reported in production by Live users.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Also, did conflict management and conflict resolution within the team.
- Resulted in approximately $5M in revenue gains and 40% reduction in processing time.
- The functional scope of this system is development of an online application for creating or managing leads, converting the leads to policy and eventually managing the policies through different roles and actions until the policy is dispatched to the customer.
- Coordinated and Communicated with Client on daily basis to address challenging issues. Participated in management and client meetings and attended other project-related meetings and seminars.
- Set both short-term and long-term goals and objectives for the project. This helped in streamlining the process and making the team members aware about their responsibilities and arising future opportunities.
Project Lead / Technical Analyst
- Ensured project is completed in accordance with all risk. Monitored project progress and adjusted resources and priorities accordingly.
- Developed the project plan and provided status reports and regular updates to leadership and executive team.
- Did project task estimation, resource scheduling, risk management, change/scope management, impact analysis to changes in scope. Created Work Breakdown Structure, Work Allocation model and Build Estimation for the project.
- Functioned as the main client contact during the delivery and install of the project, responding to customer-related questions about the project scope and timeline. Communicating estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project. Provided customers with status regarding project milestones, deliverable, and potential issues.
- Using Adobe Analytics to understand more about the visitors and their usage behaviour on the PHP web portal, including performing AB testing and conjoint analysis on differentiating features that ultimately helped in converting policy sales.
ConfidentialProject Lead / Technical Analyst
- Understood the overall business process. Developed, Unit & Integration tested, provided deployment and post deployment support.
- Developed and reported weekly status to client; the report included progress of work orders, tasks completed, news tasks planned, each team member roles and responsibilities, tasks assigned to each member, any challenging road-blocker issue, any major achievement etc. Kept the client abreast with the latest developments.