- Over 5 years of experience as Business Analyst with strong analytical, coordinating, organizational and interpersonal skills to work in diverse work environment with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to help enterprise make critical decisions.
- Collaborated with IT project managers, software developers, and business owners (stakeholders) to determine project scope, vision, and outcomes, for IT projects of all sizes.
- Assisted with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicating these backs to business stakeholders.
- Expertise in Business Modeling and UML Diagrams (Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Diagrams), wireframes, screen mock ups using MS Visio.
- Experience in Feasibility Studies, Cost - Benefit Analysis, Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new Business Requirements.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD).
- Experience in developing detailed functional specs through JAD sessions, interviews, on site meetings with business users & development team.
- Experience in customer/client interaction, deep understanding of business systems functionality and technicality.
- Good knowledge of writing SQL queries for reporting purposes.
- Assisted QA team in writing test plans, defining test cases, test scenario and Black Box testing.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook Applied project management skills to develop work plans and manage and track progress, resources, timelines, and issues for the on-time and on-budget delivery of small system enhancements.
- Created process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Assisted project managers with deliverables, project management tasks, and issue identification and remediation, as needed.
- In conjunction with Quality Assurance Analysts, assist with Quality Assurance (QA) activity as necessary.
- Expertise in conducting and participating different types of testing such as Integration, System, Functional, GUI, Regression, Sanity, Smoke and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills. Strong experience in working with Agile Scrum development and Devops
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Worked on transitioning current DC-Direct to RPLink.
- Facilitated collection of functional requirements from system users and preparation of functional specification documents that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Documented user stories and modelled use case diagrams by utilizing MS Visio.
- Planning and managing workshops, brainstorming business requirements with technology architects, requirement walk-through sessions with team members, design discussions with client stakeholders and working as a liaison between business team & technical team on the retirement digital transformation initiatives.
- Analyzing legacy DC direct system & Sub systems; and leveraging the business features that already exist within public & Private sector to combine the business functions into one technology suite.
- Requirement analysis activities for a large team for re-platforming retirement business requirements to new RP link system, along with descriptive & diagnostic data analytics requirements to improve data quality.
- Helped the QA team in writing the Test Plan and conducting the quality assurance phase.
- Logged application bugs and was involved in all stages of the bug life cycle.
- Maintained all the tasks in JIRA and updated status regular basis
- Managing the business team for requirement enumeration, elicitation, elaboration and documentation using IBM Rational Requirement Composer and Rational Team Concert tool.
- Ownership and maintenance of requirements baseline across multiple modules and larger stage requirement change requests.
- Created a detailed User Acceptance Testing strategy to ensure complex functionalities are tested thoroughly by business users.
- Involved in back end testing using SQL Queries on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Involved in identifying dummy data for the testing scenarios for the QA team
- Communicated with off-shore team and worked beyond the working hours to ensure all are on same page.
- Facilitating requirements with RL’s, Tech leads and Test leads
- Extensively worked on creating artifacts using Rational Rose Composer (RRC).
- Created story cards, Epics, technical cards using RTC and assign points for the line to use during iteration.
- Established links between RRC and RTC to maintain traceability.
- Coordinated effectively and efficiently with tech leads and test leads during backlog and story points estimation.
- Maintained task boards and visual boards and linked all the cards in task board to RTC and also assigned the cards to the respective developers and testers.
- Extensively worked on RTC compliance and made sure it is up-to-date.
- Worked on Go-To-Market project which is in high demand with tight deadline.
- Gathering the requirements for enhancements of annuity products and scoping the solutions for order entry platforms such as AN4, Firelight and Affirm and also worked on projects for DTTC feeds.
- Attended daily standup meetings and discussed the context of the comings day’s work.
- Initiated and participated in Retrospective, Sprint planning (IPM) and IPM planning meetings.
Environment: Kanban, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Visio, Sharepoint, SQL, JIRA, RTC,RRC, Taskboard. Ad-hoc Testing, Manual Testing.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked with the users and different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes
- Conducted regular JAD sessions with the stakeholder, SMEs, system architects, developers, database developers, quality testers during the entire project to assure that the critical as well as the minute details of the project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand.
- Worked with client to determine user requirements and goals at requirement elicitation stage using Agile Methodology.
- Wrote Backlogs, User Stories, Tasks, Bugs using Jira and uploaded documents in Confluence.
- Analyzed business requirements and created use cases to assist the development and QA/UAT team in design and testing.
- Reviewed and analyzed business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into technical specifications.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and information needs, and ensured that critical requirements are not missed.
- Facilitated discussions between business partners, web portal development team, and vendor to ensure that proposed technical solutions adequately meet the business needs.
- Built and maintained close relationships with internal customers and retail systems vendor to ensure efficient development processes are being followed and that business priorities are met, and that projects/development are on schedule.
- Designed and developed Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Use Cases and other Process Flow Models using Visio.
- Coordinated data profiling/data mapping with business subject matter experts (SMEs), data architects, ETL developers, and data modelers.
- Developed and maintained sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL and MS Access.
- Produce performance reports and implemented changes for improved reporting.
- Ensured applications are designed to support business objectives, business processes and will provide superior user and customer experiences.
- Working with the data warehouse teams to gather requirements and analyze all data elements needed for the data migration.
- Used MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Power Point), for project tracking, documentation and presentation.
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Performed Manual Testing and Involved in Black box for UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
Environment: Agile Methodology, MS Word, MS Excel,Visio, Sharepoint, SQL,JIRA, UAT testing, MS Access.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Business Analyst/System Analyst
- Analyzed and collected business requirements, identified system interfaces and created the requirements specification document.
- Applied Unified Modeling Language (UML) methodologies to design Communication Diagram, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagram and ER diagrams.
- Managed and tracked change control process of requirements and design changes. Documented the changes, issues and their impact on the system design and delivery.
- Attended Meetings for the Code Hand over's and received the Unit test plans from the IVR, Routing & Reporting dev teams.
- Ensured that external contact center agents had access to the most up to date information to better support customer inquiries.
- Involved in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) as well as Vendor Selection and Management Process.
- Involved in defining and implementation of XML based web-services, web-methods, and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) based on Web services.
- Defining and documenting High level and Functional requirements into Agile stories.
- Reviewed Product backlogs and prioritize Agile stories accordingly in every sprint.
- Designed and developed IVR applications in CISCO CVP platform.
- Communicate with clients, vendors, and project managers to gather, analyze, and load telecom billing and foundation data throughout the implementation project lifecycle as a lead business analyst
- Provided documentation such as requirements management plans, functional requirements, test plans and test cases.
- Involved in Call handling, Monitoring processes and CRS work force management processes
- Worked extensively with MS Project for resource management and allocation
- Wrote user requirements specification (URS) and Functional requirements specification (FRS) Documents as per the Business requirements and process flow.
- Acted as User Acceptance Testing coordinator and monitored business testing and interfaced with the development team regarding defect status and fixes on daily basis.
Environment: Agile Methodology, MS Word, MS Excel,Visio, Sharepoint, SQL,JIRA, UAT testing, MS Access, IVR, CTI software, Contact Centre.
- Designed, reviewed and analyzed the Requirement and Test Plan, developed efficient, highly maintainable and reusable strategy to support multiple projects.
- Provided a written/verbal escalation of project status, resources and schedule issue as required to upper Management.
- After requirement gathering I was involved in writing test cases and test scripts .
- Excel expert in collecting, organizing, and documented infrastructure project attributes, data, and project metrics.
- Processed data load requests, manually entered data, reconciled data conflicts, and created data extracts and reports using Excel.
- Performed data manipulation, transformation, and cleansing using Excel.
- Conducted the demo for the POs and PMs at the end of each sprint, gather their feedback on the product, and implement the same in the upcoming sprints.
- Responsible for preparing and sending the deliverables like weekly status reports to the QA managers and project lead.
- Coordinated with Functional Team to identify Test cases that are candidates for Automation.
- Analyzed and identified the areas of a project for Test Automation with test team.
- Translated high-level functional requirement into system requirements.
- Responsible for documenting application related errors, Bugs, status reports which were presented in weekly meetings in Rally.
- Helped create Training Guides for end users to explain the new functionality.
- Performed backend testing of the system by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Created user mockups and use case diagrams with narratives
- Provided input to handle US Market specific requirements.
- Participated in all SCRUM ceremonies such as Daily Scrum, Retrospective, Planning, and Reviews.
Environment: Agile Methodology, Test Cases, Test Planning, Rally, SQL