- Information technology professional with over 25 years of experience in technical and analytical roles.
- Experience includes the full lifecycle of IT deployment, from concept, requirements gathering and management, application design, development, testing, integration, deployment, and operations and maintenance.
- Proven ability to research, analyze, effectively organize and prioritize, problem solve, synthesize large amounts of data, and work several tasks and projects parallel.
- Experience leading teams that include technical experts, engineers, developers, analysts and technical writers.
- Specialties also include process improvement and project management methodologies, and the use of data modeling and analysis tools and techniques.
- Effective communicator with proven ability to build strong working relationships and maintain team momentum.
Social Networking/Analytical Tools: Palantir
Statistical Applications: SAS, SPSS.
Database Applications: SQL, MS Access, FoxPro, Oracle.
CASE/Requirements Tools: KnowledgeWare ADW, Texas Instrument's IEF, System Architect, Oracle Designer, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest.
Business Applications: Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project), WordPerfect, Adobe Acrobat, Visual Source Safe, Sharepoint, Primavera, iSqFt, OASIS.
Analytical Methodologies: Statistical Analysis, Decision Tree, Argument Mapping, Financial Analysis, Fundamental Analysis.
Application Modeling/Software Methodologies: Agile/Scrum Methodology, Information Engineering by James Martin, Rapid Application Development (RAD), Joint Application Design (JAD), Business Process Re - engineering (BPR), Gane and Sarsen's Structured Systems Analysis, Boehm-Waterfall Methodology, Booch Methodology, and Yourdon & Demarco's Structured Analysis.
Software Testing Methodologies/Tools: White-Box, Black-Box, and Gray-Box Testing, Structured Walkthroughs, Fagan Defect Free Process and Clean Room structured testing and development techniques, and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Requisite Pro Requirements Tracking, Clear Quest Error Tracking, JIRA.
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows, Unix, OS/2, Linux.
Presentation/Graphics Software: Adobe Photoshop, PowerPoint, Visio.
Process Improvement: Lean Six Sigma, CMMI (staged and continuous) seminar participation and certification, Software Engineering Institute (SEI).
Senior Business Analyst/Business Development
- Business Development/Lead Management: Investigates new construction and renovation opportunities in the commercial sector. Provides sales staff with prospective projects and develops leads by analyzing data within iSqFt for the DC/MD/VA market. Identifies new business opportunities and initiates communication with decision makers. Evaluates leads and provides project summary for the sales staff.
- Financial management and reporting: Analyzes contract awards and invoicing to prepare cash flow projections. Conducts cash flow analysis and prepares summarized reports relating to cash in - flow and cash out-flow.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/Project Management System Integration: Led the project for automating the sales (CRM), quotes and project management procedures, by documenting current Sales and Quotes processes. This process and workflow mapping created requirements for selection of Project Management Software. Completed market survey of Project Management and Customer Relationship tools. Implemented the OASIS Business Management software and creating a unified information stream and searchable database of customers, vendors, architects, projects and contacts.
- Customer Management/Sales: Creates and updates sales quotes from bills of material, processes incoming purchase and sales orders. Created contact database of architects, engineers and lighting consultants for corporate leads.
- As a team SI, worked closely with the IC customer to ensure design and development teams had a solid understanding of requirements for product being created. Coordinated planning, integration and completion of engineering projects within specific customer area. Maintained direct daily communication with customer. Provided knowledge in the integration of multiple contract activities. Identified issues and recommended solutions to customer. Performed quality assurance and user acceptance testing facilitating on-time, on-budget software delivery.
- Planned and reviewed product design for compliance with engineering principles, customer standards, customer contract requirements, and related software specifications. Reviewed customer requirements and documents for consistency and completeness and compliance with Enterprise documentation standards.
- Verified and evaluated project control gates such as, Requirements Verification and Traceability Matrix (RVTM) and Test Procedures and Reports. Created briefings for customer Program Management Board (PMB) and Engineering Review Board (ERB). Participated in software milestones reviews, including System Requirements Review (SRR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Test Readiness Review (TRR), and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT). Provided final quality assurance (QA) readiness and discrepancy report status to management.
- Assisted customer with managing multiple projects at one time. Managed project schedules and requirements. Consulted customer Technical Information Officer (TIO) with monitoring and tracking program schedule, action items and discrepancy reports, created and maintained project master schedules. Collected and applied “lessons learned” across supported projects. Participated in technical reviews, briefings, and technology studies. Created weekly and monthly progress reviews, including milestone deliverables and project performance.
- Provided configuration management support including electronic delivery process and technical review. Provided information and training to software vendor(s) on customer configuration management expectations for the delivery process.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Project Management: Managed all sub-process tasks for data exchange program, including requirements and design, schedule and control gates.
- Conducted feasibility studies for new technology products.
- Technical Writing and Graphical Documentation: Responsible for creating and updating System Security Plan (SSP). Created and updated Memorandums of Agreement (MOA). Created training manuals and lecture material for custom training of link analysis and social network analysis. Created and documented the System Administrator accesses process across two IC agencies.
- Created Project Initiation Report (PIR), System Requirement documents (SRDs), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), and Interface Control Document (ICD) documents. Created submission documents for Confidential Enterprise standards process.
- Business Requirements Analysis: Provided functional specifications, and requirements and software enhancement documentation and recommendations. Created software requirements and testing strategies and scenarios for data analysis tools. Performed regression test of application releases prior to installation on the client production environment. Conducted customized-desk side advanced instruction to analysts and officers. Systems engineer conducting feasibility studies for new proposed products and technologies. Analyzed software and architectural alternatives and provided reliable recommendations.
- Data Analysis and Data Conversion: For the project, conducted data mappings; analyzing large volumes of technical and intelligence data from existing system databases and spreadsheets. Consulted data owners for better understanding of the data for post-ingestion testing.
- Testing System Integration: Responsible for testing of organizational messaging client, validating proper execution and verifying technical requirements have been met. Used SQL for testing correct migration and updating of data into the organizational address database.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
Sr. Systems Analyst/Project Team Lead
- Managed the day-to-day activities of the Data Conversion Team on the Momentum Financial Acquisitions Integration Project for a member of the IC.
- The Data Conversion task made certain the accurate conversion of legacy data into the new environment to provide the continuity of client services.
- Activities included the preparation of task plans and schedules, status reports, risk mitigation plans, conversion approach documents, planning and executing multiple mock conversions, and end-to-end testing of the environment and converted data.
- Used Oracle and Microsoft Access to provide analysis and data clean-up.
- Integrated, tested and implemented Momentum Acquisition system. Provided continuous testing and communicated defects to the Vendor, in a timely fashion enabling the team to meet schedule deadlines.
Confidential, Reston, VA
IT Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Provided on-site customer Project Management (PMO) and support to GSA Office of Finance, Public Buildings Service.
- Created and updated project plans for entire software development lifecycle by planning project phases, including implementation and user training.
- Performed risk mitigation analysis and tasks.
- Provided status reports and feedback to senior managers and clients.
- Prepared and gave briefings to clients.
- Developed and maintained all project management artifacts.
- Business Requirements Analysis: Worked with business line clients, Office of the CIO and the Enterprise Service Center (Hardware) to define and develop software requirements and functional design.
- Advised clients on Software Development and Quality Assurance methodologies and techniques.
- Created software testing strategies and scenarios, risk mitigation plans, SSP, and MOAs.
- Provided functional specifications, requirements and software enhancement documentation.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Supervised and managed teams of systems analysts, software programmers, software testers, graphic artists and technical writers.
- Managed employees by assigning tasks, communicating goals and evaluating efforts on a daily basis.
- Conducted requirement gathering meetings with clients. Created requirements and design documentation for Confidential - Airways Facilities Applications using I-case tools. Created Rapid Application Development (RAD) models and prototypes using Powerbuilder.
- QA-Testing Team Leader; responsible for selecting testing methodology, constructing test scripts and scenarios, documentation of test results, and coordination between the testers and programmers to ensure release schedule and client specifications. Clients included the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for the Home Health Providers regulatory compliance, Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) and Home Assessment Validation and Entry (HAVEN). Working knowledge of HIPAA regulations and Medicare Home Health Diagnosis Coding applications.
- Designed and developed web pages, ensuring 508 compliance. Responsible for all content research, writing, editing and programming of "Consumer Information" feature on Confidential Website.
- Created Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD) for database conceptual and logical data modeling.
- Produced software user's manuals, help desk procedure guides, technical manuals and guides and training materials. Created and developed corporate documentation standards for Graphical Documentation.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Managed over 40 health care projects with a dialing center staff of 20 interviewers providing supervision and guidance.
- Trained the interviewers on survey methodology and procedures to ensure accurate and complete surveys.
- Designed, programmed, and implemented survey questionnaires for a Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) system.
- Researched and analyzed gathered survey data of hospital care using statistical analysis. Investigated trends and identified necessary changes for client health care providers.
- Edited and prepared data for SPSS and used SPSS PC+ for programming and data analysis.