OBJECTIVE A challenging position on the business processes as a Business Analyst/Quality Analyst and provide an effective and efficient solution which would assist organization to get the finest solution in a business which could increase productivity in a market.
- 7 years of professional experience as a Business Analyst/Business Systems Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst
- Expertise in system design and development required for business process with solid understanding of Business analysis, Requirements Gathering, Translating Requirements into Specifications, project management, Application Design and data modeling, and testing.
- Strong subject matter knowledge in Insurance and investment banking industry including financial and trend analysis, training, and reporting and project management functions.
- Process Knowledge of AR/AP/GL, Credit management, Fixed income analysis, Risk management, Mortgage Banking basics (Mortgage cycle), Mortgage Underwriting and (Unsecured Loans) Personal Loans Operations.
- Certified Unified Modeling Language Professional.
- Strong Knowledge on ISO, CMM standards.
- Highly proficient in working with Manual Testing as well as Automated testing tools like Mercury Interactive Test Suite (Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Load Runner and Win Runner).
- Experience on Version control Tool PVCS.
- Proven expertise in gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements and developing BRD, FRD and helped in preparing SRS
- Extensively used tools such as Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, MS Access
- Expertise in employing SDLC models, Iterative model, RUP concepts, Agile Model, UML and best practices for software development
- Facilitated and participated in Joint Application Development(JAD) sessions for requirements gathering, resolving open issues and change requests
- Involved in the Black Box Testing, Unit Testing, Integrated Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing and UAT and hands on experience with the testing tools.
- Expertise in developing functional specifications for business process refinement and automation, system Architecture, conducting feasibility studies and scope.
- Expert in developing Test Plans, use cases, Test cases and Test Scripts using requirements and design documents while specifying Testing Overview, Approach, Strategy, Scope, Roles and Responsibilities.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming, design patterns, and web Technologies.
- Performed GAP and Impact Analysis against requirements specifications.
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Business Intelligence Tools etc.
- Extremely well versed in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Analyzed and reviewed various project modules to provide traceability by creating testing artifacts, end-user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies and methodologies rapidly with strong problem solving skills.
- An efficient self-starter and quick-learner with effective interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively to allow for the timely completion of multiple tasks on concurrent project assignments.
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills with ability to articulate requirements, process flows and relationships.
Methodologies: RUP, UML, Six Sigma,CMM Testing Tools: Rational Enterprise Suite, Test Director, Quick Test Pro 9.0/9.2/9.5/10.0 Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Test Director. Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, Rational Software Modeler Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL. Databases: Oracle 8/8i/9/10g, MS SQL Server 7.x/2000, MS-Access. Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows7, Macintosh SDLC Methodologies: Unified Modeling Language (UML), RUP, Agile, RAD and Waterfall Version Control: PVCS
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering) Masters Of Science (Electrical Engineering)
Client: Confidential, Houston, Texas Aug 2010 to Till Date Role: Business Analyst
Project: Online Portfolio Management System Citibank represents the consumer banking operations of financial services giant Citigroup.Citibank provides standard banking fare such as deposit accounts, credit cards, and loans to consumers and small businesses, and utilizes its parent's breadth of financial services to also offer investment and financial planning services.The project was to maintain and improve their online check processing system and ensure that all the checks were processed without any backlog and with highest accuracy and efficiency. The on-line Portfolio Management System was created for better management of the pools of accounts to access the risk and return of each portfolio.
- Gathered business requirements from the user and created databases for the client needs using SQL.
- Prepared Business requirement document and functional specification document to tailor the needs of the client.
- Worked on delivering the requirements as specified in the Statement of work document.
- Identified the system requirements, assumptions and dependencies and created Use case documents, test cases and test plans along with extensive use case narratives using MS Visio.
- Was instrumental in organizing the Joint Application Development sessions using my in-depth knowledge in System development life cycle.
- Prepared the standard operating document along with the scope document, vision document and exhaustive UML documents including the sequence diagram, activity diagram and deployment diagram.
- Developed cluster analysis to segment credit and debit card portfolios as well as provided marketing recommendations.
- Developed an in-house system to research all aspects of merchant credit/debit card activity
- Was actively involved in scheduling meetings, conducting interviews with clients and trying to keep the entire project within the budget and time limits.
- Performed GAP analysis using the AS-IS process flow document and the TO-BE process flow document.
- Developed credit/debit banking transaction modules as per the online banking requirements.
- Worked with various members of the project including the software developers, testers, designers and other analysts to ensure that the project was in compliance with the industry Quality Standards.
- Successfully completed the project by releasing the applications into productions and created various user manuals, training guides and review documents to ensure complete understanding from the business end users and the clients.
- Created the Project knowledge book and the lessons learnt documents.
Environment: RUP, Rational Requisite Pro, Quality Center, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Java, Oracle 10g, SQL.
Client: Confidential, Kansas, MO Feb 2009 to Jul 2010 Role: Quality Analyst
Project: Base Regulation for Risk Weighted Assets. Commerce Bank is a diversified and growing financial services company. This project was to implement Base Regulations to calculate the Risk Weighted Assets.
- Developed and provided data and quality review to senior management team
- Handled the tasks of maintaining high quality of the product reviews.
- Created, managed, organized and directed all Quality Assurance (QA) activities for type and production documentation programs.
- Involved in making test plans along with creating test cases and test scripts.
- Executed acceptance testing, maintenance testing and regression testing using test scripts.
- Prepared various files according to the business requirement document in order to assess the risks.
- Worked on various modules and interfaces of the project using MS Excel and Word.
- Organized the requirements, test cases and defects using mercury quality testing.
- Worked closely with the development team and the Business team to ensure the flow of requirements and information.
- Involved in maintaining and developing various risk analysis and feasibility analysis documents.
- Used Parameterization in QTP extensively to perform Data-Driven testing.
- Executed UNIX commands and performed batch testing on UNIX platform.
- Attended and coordinated various change request meetings in order to document changes and implement procedures to test changes.
- Performed various SQL operations in order to retrieve data, add database, and add tables
- Created a system using Access VBA, Excel VBA and OLE to help easy retrieval of data from raw Excel spreadsheets into Access.
- Worked with the Business Users to finalize the security requirements to the users and testing the same.
Environment: Quality Center, Agile, XML, UNIX, VBScript, HTML, SQL, Access, Excel.
Client: Confidential, West Springfield, MA Jul 2008 to Feb 2009 Role: Business Analyst
Project: Mortgage Origination System United Financial Bancorp, Inc. operates as a holding company for United Bank that provides various banking products and services in Massachusetts. It provides a range of deposit products, including demand accounts, NOW accounts, money market accounts, savings accounts, retirement accounts, and certificates of deposits. My main responsibility in the project was to automate Mortgage Loan Origination System. Process included Acquisition, fulfillment and Securitization. All the business functions of the loan process such as the Appraisal, Credit, Income, and Title functionalities was performed by the system
- Developed various forms and reports by gathering data from external agencies.
- Gathered all the input/output data and modeled the credit data using the Rational Rose suite.
- Worked collectively with all team members to define the system objectives and identify constraints for the system.
- Met with all the requirements of the client’s development standards and guidelines when creating the application forms and reports.
- Reviewed loan applications and analyzed data required to process loan documents and performed validation to ensure loan documents are transmitted to appropriate departments.
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases for GUI and database testing by analyzing the Business requirements specification document.
- Was instrumental in creating the Business requirements specification document.
- Conducted various meeting and user interviews including JAD sessions to fit all the needs of the clients’ business processes.
- Worked closely with data administrators and project design team and acted as the liaison between the business (Fixed Income- General Ledger) and the technology area to implement software upgrades, create new reports, document business use cases, conduct user acceptance testing, and design future enhancements.
- Designed Business Process Model (Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams and Collaboration diagrams).
- Conducted training sessions for various team members as well as underwriters and other users to help them get a better understanding of the project.
- Assisted in performing data mining of customer databases, to analyze key business issues
- Provided hands-on project schedule management using MS Project during the various stages of the project.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation related to the project including scope document, vision document, functional specification document, defect status report, risk analysis document, mitigation plans, supplementary requirements specification document and impact analysis document.
- Responsible for development of Budget upload and download interface between third party Budget System and United Financial Bancorp accounting system, as well as the General Ledger Budgets.
- Created and researched on various use case scenarios and narratives.
- Performed SWOT analysis and Cost benefit Analysis to help the organization.
- Responsible for processing change requests from the client by filling Change Request Forms (CRF).
- Completed and implemented training documents of GL/AP/AR for the users.
Environment: Agile Methodology, MS Office Suite, MS-Project, Windows 2000.
Client: Confidential, Morgantown, West Virginia Oct 2007 to Jun 2008 Role: Business Analyst
Project: Mobile bank Database System First United Corporation operates as the holding company for First United Bank & Trust that provides a range of retail and commercial banking services to businesses and individuals. The company’s loan portfolio comprises commercial loans primarily secured by real estate, commercial equipment, vehicles, or other assets of the borrower; commercial real estate loans; residential mortgage loans, including home equity lines of credit. The project was to maintain and improvise the bank’s mobile banking system by updating features and providing easy banking options as offered by online portfolio system.
- Analyzed the current systems in place and evaluated their use and scalability in developing this system.
- Created Business Use-Case Model and Business Use-Case specifications after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes. Created Use Case Diagrams, State Chart Diagrams and Activity Diagrams to model requirements.
- Used Rational Rose to design and develop Use Cases Scenarios, Use Cases Models, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and State chart diagrams.
- Responsible for all the requirement deliverables and Reported Issues and Status throughout Project Life Cycle (PLC)
- Completed logical Data Modeling and Normalized Data Model for RDBMS
- Assisted in developing ER models for database design
- Assisted in formulating testing documents like Test Plans, Test Scripts, Traceability matrix and Test summary report.
- Facilitated JAD session follow-up for Project Plan updates, gained consensus for User Acceptance Testing requirements.
- Performed User Acceptance testing (UAT) across various platforms to check the compliance of the project with different carriers.
- Designed mock-up User Interfaces to communicate visual data flow to the end users.
- Produced Functional Specifications and led weekly meetings with technical teams to discuss outstanding technical issues and deadlines that had to be met.
- Conducted interviews and questionnaire sessions with the stakeholders for gathering requirements and evaluation/analysis of their data to convert the business requirements into functional specifications and prioritized the requirement as a High, medium and low.
- Created attributes for each requirement like priority, status, cost and difficulty and provided one-to-one, one-to-many parent child relationships between requirements of the same type.
- Collaborated with project manager and business teams in managing the budget, performed variance analysis, financial analysis and managed the cost of the project.
- Worked in data analysis, data mining and data mapping throughout the project.
- Applied Iterative Model technique in every stage of the SDLC
- Used MS Project to schedule and track the activities in the project
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) in Requisite Pro through test cases.
Environment: Windows XP, RUP, MS Project 2000, MS Visio, Requisite pro, MS Office 2003 (Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Access), SQL, SQL Server 6.5.
Client: Confidential, Hartford, CT Aug 2006 to Jul 2007 Role: Quality Analyst
Project: Billing and Records maintenance system. The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance and financial services in the United States and internationally. The company’s Property and Casualty Commercial segment provides workers compensation, property, automobile, marine, livestock and liability, , as well as customized insurance products and risk management services, including professional liability, fidelity, surety, specialty casualty coverages, and third-party administrator services. This project is a critical system that supports several major functions such as Client Account (rating/quoting, policy issuance), Billing & Enrollment, Claims and document generation with interfaces to G/L.
- Involved in reviewing System Analysis, Business Requirements and Use Cases.
- Designed Test Plan and participated in writing Test Scripts and Test Cases using Test Director
- Performed Manual Testing in Claims and Billing modules on Data Warehouse and executing scripts manually in Test Director and done Keyword Driven Testing.
- Validating check numbers and the amount printed after the Payment Run job is processed and comparing it to online.
- Involved in validating Reports and Documents, which displays complete details of the claims processed.
- Used Mercury Quality Center very effectively for reporting the defects and updating the status of Defects and for estimation of the Test status and preserving the Test cases for references.
- Performed Automation testing on billing modules using QTP, Load Runner and Mercury Quality Center.
- Involved in Regression testing to test whether defects reported are resolved and verifying for the side effects of resolved defects.
- Involved logging bugs in Test Director that are found during the process of testing and running Defect Reports for status meetings.
- Tested and analyzed response time of transactions, performance under load, network delays, system performance like CPU utilization etc.
- Response time, Transactions per second are calculated by using Load Runner.
- Designed, configured and monitored scenarios for load and performance testing.
- Performed Parameterization, Correlation, C functions and Rendezvous points heavily.
- Involved in Database Testing to verify the data in data base tables on Oracle 9i.
- Involved in production checkout after implementing application successfully and used PVCS Tracker to log any production issues.
- Developed Test Metrics on the weekly basis for senior management using MS Excel.
Environment: Test Director, Mercury Quality Center, QTP 9.0,Load Runner, Windows XP, SQL, C++, ,MS Excel, MS Access, UNIX, PVCS Tracker, Web Logic
Client: Confidential, India Jul 2004 to May 2006 Role: Business Analyst
Project: Commercial & Retail Banking Service. This project was developed for commercial and retail banking services. The bank offered checking and savings account, Pay Day loans, asset based lending and equipment leasing. The project was to develop lending/journal reports, deal summary, location reporting, dual customer account and inter-location transaction. Reports provided a snapshot of money transfer, lending or leasing for various bank locations.
- Conducted interviews with clients for the purpose of gathering product requirements and understanding the client workflow.
- Use Case Analysis using UML, which provided the framework for potential use case deliverables and their inter-relationships, and allow for maximizing software reuse.
- Involved in project analysis and created functional specifications
- Applied Agile Methodology during development
- Documented User Requirements with MS Word as the editing tool and Rational Rose to develop the use cases.
- Authored design documentations: requirements traceability matrices (RTM), functional specs and complex process and data flow diagrams.
- Elicited requirements and created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio
- Facilitated JAD sessions to identify business rules and requirements and then documented them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people
- Designed the user interface for implementing the new applications
- Developed interactive prototypes using HTML to facilitate usability testing
- Gathered large sets of data and analyzed to come up with improvement steps.
- Captured and Analyzed the AS-IS process map and did Gap Analysis based on the Service Level Requirements.
- Prepared Business Workflow models that covered "How" business processes are to be accomplished.
- Conducted review meetings with the development and testing teams to make sure that the functionality of the application meets the expected results and is in-sync with the requirements
- Validated changes, initiated and facilitated user training and support for the project upgrades and modifications in the system
Environment: RUP, Clear Case, Rational suite, MS- Project, MS-Visio, MS-Office, Windows XP, SQL, HTML, Test Director