- Business Analyst with 7 years of experience across global industry in requirement gathering and analysis, business process flow, in multi - national and multi-vendor environments.
- Extensive experience in Banking and Financial Service Industry groups including credit card processing and investment banking.
- Experienced in network and infrastructure servers and operating systems.
- Collect AML and KML data elements as mandatory for all new clients, entities, roles, and accounts
- Client profile approval workflows for high risk and Non-US customer KYC records to regional administration/control groups and centralized approval with WM AML supervision and governance by risk level and designated customer role and type.
- Highly articulate, confident and persuasive team-builder, able to motivate and communicate to achieve goal
- Worked in all stages of SDLC starting from Requirement gathering phase till Production Support.
- Excellent writing skills in Business Requirements Document BRD, Use Case Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications FRS, Software Design Specification SDS, Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Software External Specifications SES, Software Requirement Document (SRD), Workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Activity diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Experience in Scrum Process and thorough understanding of Extreme Programming (Software Development Methodology and Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Experience in creating the process flow diagrams depicting "AS-IS" and "To-Be" state.
- Possess end to end Project Life Cycle experience - Right from pre-discovery phase to roll out.
- Well Experienced in the creation of Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Cases from the Requirements document. Experienced in Defect Life Cycle (Bug Life Cycle) analyzing bugs and interaction with development team members to fix errors.
- Proficient in coordination of Defect reporting and monitoring the status using JIRA and QC.
- Excellent communication skills required to successfully deliver in a business analyst role.
Microsoft Tools: MS Project, MS office Suites, MS Visio, MS Visual Studio, MS SharePoint
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/Vista/8, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Linux
Project management tools: MS Project, JIRA, Oracle
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall and RUP
Mockup Tools: MS Visio, Blueworks
QA Tools: HP Q C
Programing Languages: Java, SQL, .NET
Domain Knowledge: Finance (Mortgage, SAP, Insurance, P & C, Banking)
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered Business Requirements. Interacted with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager and SME’s to get a better understanding of the Business Processes and Analyzed and optimized the process
- Utilized Commercial Lending banking application and was responsible for the design and process flow of the system
- Analyzed requirements for loan request, loan process, member services, processing and portfolio management
- Generated Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Domain Object Model, and MS Visio to depict process flows and PowerPoint presentations
- Held and attended presentations and meetings to coordinate efforts among all the groups, leading the inception phase
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues
- Migrated the project from waterfall to agile methodology
- Wrote user story and updated the backlog using JIRA tool
- Participated in daily scrum call and assisted my scrum master
- Collected business requirements to set rules for proper data transfer from Data Source to Data Target in Data Mapping
- Creating and maintaining the Traceability Matrix of scripts that needed remediation as part of the data conversion effort
- Involved in assisting the development of functional requirements, static testing the applications by preparing and developing the Test Plans and Test Rules, editing and writing Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts
- Interacted with the team to understand their data requirements and integration of the application with AML processes
- Helped with data modeling and defining the conceptual and logical model of the data warehouse
- Executed the test cases manually for various job submissions in batch processing by using the Test Director/Mercury Quality Center
- Prepared Functional and Behavioral document that describe the detail design of the application
Environment: SCRUM, MS Office, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, JIRA, IBM Rational, Clear case, Clear Quest, Data warehouse, UML, Oracle, Unix, XML, MS Project, SQL, AML, KYC.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Business System Analyst
- Gathered requirements, defined specifications by interviewing the business user group. Used Agile as software method
- Brainstorm with Senior Management to define a common framework for providing the standardized business functionality using reusable components and Interact with the Technical Architecture team to discuss and evaluate the various technical options and provide recommendations to senior management
- Worked closely with scrum master and product owner
- Wrote user story for the client
- Developing the Proto type and preparing the process flow diagram
- Lead cross-functional teams to implement strategies
- Works in partnership with Project Team, Functional Team Leads and functional end-users to identify and document business process improvement opportunities and complete the definition of requirements for system design, implementation &
- Conducted JAD with SME for property and casualty insurance process details and requirements. Used use cases and Used Stories to define the functions and workflow. Interacted with Technical teams in developing requirements for the enhancement of Property and casualty Insurance process
- Established Test data that accurately represents conditions necessary to meet application testing and requirements
- Wrote business rules for migrating from legacy system to web-based application
- Worked on extensive analysis and research based on existing customers
- Facilitated user interview sessions with a committee of SME’s of Home Equity Loans Group and Mortgage Loan acquisition Groups, Los (Loan Origination System), Loss Mitigation in understanding and documenting their business Process and user requirements
- Responsible for creating UML modeling plans, use cases, process flows, and business requirements documentation using Visio
- Configured the development of Quality Control (QC) and User Acceptance (UA) test activities
- Met with business stakeholders to gain consensus on new product functionality
- Conducted Data analysis, Trend analysis and Gap analysis of business processes and requirements and identified technology enabled improvements
- Utilized existing internal processes and improved those same processes for software problem identification, escalation, resolution and facilitated project team meetings. Continually reviewed and revised project processes to ensure accurate and timely results. Led JAD Sessions with end user community ensuring that the software addressed all business needs
Environment: MS Visio, Agile Methodology, CaliberRM, JIRA, SQL Navigator, Oracle, SQL Server, .NET, CMM, Star Team.
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Worked on both End of Day Batch Processing for CMS/FAS and Real Time Authorization Processing related to FAS
- Extensive experience in gathering Business and Functional Specification Document (FSD)
- Assists in strategically identifying and developing goals and objectives according to business needs to align with Loan Services and organizational goals
- Good understanding in Mortgage loan in Origination process
- Responsible for uploading Vendor and Customer Master Data through LSMW as part of Data Migration
- Helping in creating Use cases to end users in clearly understanding about loan processing and claim approval
- Conducted GAP analysis of the different reports that are being presented to clients to accommodate their requirements for the new enhancements
- Created artifacts such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio
- Participated in team meetings to improve overall implementation process
- Using Business and Department metric for business development excellence and drive successful behavior and to improve process by using technique to walk through the design of a set of metrics
- Conduct analyses of Business requirements and System specifications
- Conducted JAD sessions during the various stages of upgrading the matching system and discuss the current system p
- Helped identifying reports for decision support system and interacted with database designers and architect for gathering the requirements for reporting
- Reviewed system test plans, wrote test scripts and worked with business folks to validate and execute the test scripts
- Identifying the potential customers, arranging presentations and responding to RFIs and RFPs
Environment: JIRA, Agile, SharePoint, SOA, Windows 2000, Enterprise architect, Requisite Pro, AGILE, SCRUM, MS Visio, MS Project Professional, CVS, MS Office, SME, TOAD, SQL, SQL SERVER, NET, FRD, GAP.
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
- Oversee and manage project development from beginning to the end
- Determine project scope and deliverables in accordance with the user supplied requirements while keeping in mind the senior management business strategies
- Prepared BRS (Business Requirement Specification) and SRS (Software Requirement Specification). Also ensured the requirements are frozen and the Clients signoff on the SRS
- Worked extensively with SMEs in understanding and documenting their requirements pertaining to the Home lending processes. Worked with all levels of clients. Elicit user requirements by conducting Brainstorming sessions, JAD sessions, and one on one process requirement gathering process
- Verifies all aspect of Client Identification Program (CIP) and necessary account opening documents are provided and in accordance with Know Your Customer (KYC) and Bank Secretary Act (BSA) standards
- Completes extensive due diligence investigations using public and private database in accordance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), BSA and other regulatory standards to assist business unit and prevent operational and reputational risks
- Extensively used tools such as Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, MS Access
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developed and maintained quality procedures and ensured that appropriate documentation was in place Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verified performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues for the application and the reports developed
- Acted as liaison between IT and Business and gathered requirements for Portfolio accounting Security movement and asset control, trade processing free receipts and deliveries Involved in creating Data Flow Diagrams for Database of the Investment Portfolios
- Prepared Use Cases for the functional requirements to define the system rules. Created Use Case
- Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Dataflow Diagrams in MS Visio to effectively communicate the requirements
- Line of Business: Risk and Fraud Management, Loan & Mortgage Processing Center BSA/AML compliance
- Projects: MICR Line on Checks, Loan Payment Tracking Systems, ATM Terminal Card Authentication, Debit Card Transaction Approvals
Environment: MS Office, Oracle, SQL Server .NET, UML, RUP, TOAD, Brio intelligence, Blueprint, iRise Studio 8.0, MS Visio and SharePoint, Oracle Report Developer 10g, HP Quality Center, agile and waterfall.