- Have experience working in the financial industry in both consumer/retail and investment banking
- Engaged and coordinated with teams on an international scale, ensuring successful project implementation, deployment, and continuity.
- Took part as active stakeholder in projects; interfaced with steering committees and other leadership groups to define direction and interpret those into functional requirements
- Align with additional stakeholders in aligning task work and improving health status of project
- Managed and escalated risks and communicated constraints
- Implemented and created executive - level dashboards, ad-hoc metrics reporting, and analysis
- Developed team strategy based on regional, national and global direction and current vision
- Suggested modifications for efficiency and other purposes to directors and other executives
- Team lead on initiatives for new requirements and projects
- Extensive experience in analyzing business models at a variety of levels, including having worked on enterprise-wide high-volume applications and projects
Project Methodologies: Recent projects included working in the Agile environment, SCRUM-meetings; SDLC, RUP, Waterfall
Project Management: Defining the project plan; Producing Project Charter, Plan and Roadmap.Stakeholder and Communications Management, Risk Management, Procurement; Reporting and Metrics; Resources management; Quality Assurance Management
Requirements Tools/Platforms: SharePoint, Rational Requisite Pro, JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM, MS Project
Business Analysis and Modeling: MS Visio, Rational Rose, MS Excel, Visual Paradigms, Enterprise Architect
Programming Languages: UML 3.0; HTML; ASP.NET; C#.NET
Databases and Environments: MS Access; Oracle; SQL Server; UNIX (Ubuntu/Solaris/Linux) ; MS Windows
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
Project Manager/Product Owner/Business Analyst
- Company develops e-commerce products, services, and skills market platform; recently integrating with blockchain-based technologies to transact via crypto
- Wrote manuals on software specifications for linkage between components and services
- Related business project requirements to software engineers responsible for building separate components
- Produced project and initiatives sizing and produced resource over time allocation at various levels of the implementation process.
- Produced diagrams and process flows as part of end-user FAQ creation
- Helped communicate issues and raised concerns regarding external dependencies.
- Coordinated with remote teams.
- Participated in daily stand-ups for scrum meetings, while coordinating moving parts of all tasks within the project with various teams
- Managed constraints and other risks associated with timelines and resources as well as technical requirements
- Helped liaison UX/UI and back end requirements between business and development
- Developed requirements for analytical tools used to support data in business reporting dashboards responsible for monitoring multiple levels of production, efficiency, risk over time, and project health stats
- Worked as a Product Owner to groom and update the backlog, coordinated efforts on Product Life Cycle and worked with Scrum Master to clear any bottlenecks.
- Worked with the PMO by suggesting improvements in project lifecycle and development, including introduction the use of custom in-house automated tools to track multiple work streams
Confidential Providence, RI
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Managed implementation process related to change requests in retail banking
- Performed traceability analysis using a mainframe application for validating accuracy and completeness of data
- Created prototypes and mockups for user interface design.
- Performed data lineage and analysis, including implementing controls, and tracking transformations
- Ensured integrity constraints for active end users
- Took lead in data transformation and ETL process for the purpose of updating new system with legacy data; performed data analysis ensuring data integrity
- Performed visual analytics describing counts and data quality points using Tibco Spotfire
- Used MS Project; Gnat; Pert Charts; Critical Path Charts by plotting a variety of milestones for project tracking purposes
- Worked and helped produce business requirements documentation
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Project Coordinator/Business Analyst
- Helped implement Liquidity Calculation Ratio regulation to monitor the health of financial assets
- Produced monthly and ad-hoc reports based on the LCR
- Interfaced with and worked hands on with offshore and onshore teams to deliver business rules associated with calculating risk
- Helped train incoming support team responsible for multiple support tiers internally
- Took lead in translating federal regulations into technical and functional requirements for development teams by developing and writing user stories
- Worked in an Agile environment
- Produced UAT test cases
- Wrote countless technical overviews and documentation for use on the LCR calculations knowledgebase
- Designed workflows for the purpose of documenting LCR processes and controls
- Liaison between directors and other business executives by obtaining feedback and translating it for the development team, prioritizing amongst current sprint work, and supporting implementation
Confidential, Malvern, PA
- Responsible for streamlining Confidential ETF Trading Platform with a Digital Marketing standard
- The project involved improving the functionality, features, and provide a better user experience overall
- New features included better reporting of analytical data by providing interactive charts using web-based technologies and other visual analytics platforms software
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
Senior Business Analyst
- Performed multitudes of discovery sessions to ascertain the viability of the technical components per the functional requirements for e-commerce application
- Assessed the ability of disparate (siloed) components (services, data streams and business logic and rules) to work together in tandem in realizing the successful implementation of the platform as a whole
- Interfaced with multiple teams and external solutions providers in maximizing implementation effort while reducing costs and time to completion
- Lead data integrity and lineage efforts, while supporting data and other up and downstream teams requiring mixed data sets from multiple data sources
- Coordinated efforts designed to track user experience as well as categorizing and reporting user feedback and communicating the big picture to business and other leadership
- Helped design feedback system fed by end-users of the platform to enable prioritization and consolidation of requests by features and work workflows enabling an overall better usage experience
- Feedback system tied to internal technical support and/or incident management for the purpose of triaging issues by identifying root causes
- Collaborated with different teams including business and development to solution required hotfixes
- Performed data analysis and produced metrics reporting on issues management and resolution times
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked on applications utilizing ETFs (Exchange Trade Funds, Electronic Trade Funds) by streamlining user friendliness of the interface as well as adding much needed functionality by adding new functions or reworking old ones. Created process flow diagramming to clarify the functionality of the system.
- Worked on disaster recovery software functionality update to include real-time monitoring of new updated software for real time error reporting.
- Created user friendly wire-frames for new app modules as well as redesigned legacy ones for better looks and functionality.
- Worked in sprints to get the requirements translated from the business side to development.
- Worked an agile environment with Product Owner, SCRUM Master, and the development team.
- Worked on adding functionality to Trading Platform.
- Extracted the business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their needs for the applications, and documenting it for the developers
- Designed, co -authored graphical depictions of narrative use cases and created UML Models
- Handled Requirements Change Requests by following up with concerned parties on modification recorded in a Change Management Document Requests
- Completed Project Status Reports & led PMO meetings to update senior management and other stakeholders on the progress, issues and artifacts of the project.
- Worked on Oracle CRM reporting system for customer management, modified the system per company needs and created reports including matrix reports.
- Utilized MS Project Server for sharing of docs and charts and for distribution to stakeholders.
- Actively engaged with offshore & onshore Vendors/Third party integration partners in requirements gathering, discuss Technological solutions. Conducted and lead requirements elicitation meetings with end users to document system requirements and management of these requirements.
- Authored the detailed Technical Design Document (TDD) Functional Requirement document (FRD) for new product functionality after conducting requirements elaboration sessions with Vendor & client teams.
- The application was implemented in a .NET environment, with VB.NET and ASP.NET front-end, and SQL Server on the back-end. All functionality is implemented in classes using object-oriented approach.
- Used UML modeling tools such as MS Visio to define business Flow and activity diagrams.
- Analyzed and documented differences between the as is and to be processes. Made recommendations to development teams regarding the design and implementation of the missing functionality.
- Created detailed periodic status reports to provide end-users, top management and implementation team, visibility into the progress of the implementation.
- Lead design, Technological and status meetings with team members to discuss problem identification, prioritization and resolution, scope creep, and solution architecture.
- Organizing and participating in Release review sessions, demos & presentations of the new releases and documenting the feedback.
- Performed Gap analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritized them based on actual business needs to align them with the product release road map.
- Provided support towards resolution of issues and enhancement projects for the Global Billing System.
- Tracked and monitored Issues & its root cause analysis and resolution identification, Issue prioritization, design and implementation management using Team Track (Defect Monitoring Tool to provide accurate estimates of effort for the new requirements and enhancements for UI development projects, the repetitive migrations, requirements gathering estimates, etc.
- Worked on mortgage applications improving their user friendliness and functional functionality.
- Interviewed clients to understand their business and functional requirements, gathering their future needs and transforming them to functional specifications
- Acted as primary liaison between the client departments and the Information Systems department; performed analysis, review, and estimation of client requests; prepared and reviewed system requirements, and client documentation; prepared and executed detailed test plans and test cases.
- Used Unified Modeling Language (UML) to create artifacts for the project related artifacts.
- Involved in interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and carefully recording the requirements in a Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Performed gap analysis between the “As-Is” model of the legacy system and the “To-Be” model to identify the gaps, logged issues relating to the identified gaps and worked with the SME to get clarifications.
- Worked on writing functional specification for reporting module that handled credit and consumer risk management services.
- Created RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) mapping requirements to design artifacts to SIT Cases to UAT Cases.
- Created use case, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and ER diagrams in MS VISIO.
- Analyzed business requirements, performed gap analysis and segregated them into high level and low-level use cases, activity diagrams/state diagrams and class diagram documented and maintained requirements traceability matrix to ensure that all requirements are traceable from top to bottom and to provide a basis for test plan.
- Organized many JAD sessions wherein the SMEs, designers, developers and testers could communicate to enhance the quality of the desired product.
- Participated in design walk-through with SMEs and the technical team.
- Capital Management Department of a Bank is an asset management firm with customized portfolio management expertise. Its broad range of investment products includes stocks, bonds, mutual funds; and alternative investments for institutions and high net-worth investors. The ‘Investment Performance Attribution System’ project was developed specifically to support investment managers to provide most valuable advisory services to clients on desired asset allocation, attribution analysis, portfolio re-balancing, liquidity needs and future goals. The systems solutions advised the clients on portfolio management strategies, desired investment mix, stock selection and market timing. The system also helped the Financial Planners to identify the factors affecting portfolio risks and returns and provides investment strategy suggestions, investment sensitivity analysis.