- 17+ years of IT related numerous large enterprise infrastructure process improvement projects experience demonstrating technical, analytical, project, people, business, leadership and management expertise in the oil and gas, engineering, banking, telecommunication industry.
- 10+ years of planning, designing, and implementing process improvement solutions within IAM, Cybersecurity and information security operations support experience using various technologies.
- Proven ability to drive requirements gathering, translating and implementing them into efficient and effective technical solutions to drive client’s business performance, needs and meet strategic goals.
- Have excellent management and organizational skills to plan, prioritize, execute and deliver results within a team or independently who is highly motivated and thrives on challenges and continuous improvement.
- Have strong analytical, problem solving, research skills.
- Requirements Gathering
- Continuous Improvement
- Agile and Waterfall Methodology
- Gap and Data Analysis
- Business Analysis/BI
- Project Execution Plan: Schedule and Cost
- Business Process Design
- Project Change Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Business Case Development
- Evaluating and Closing the Project
- Solution Architect
- Project Risk Management
- Matrix Development
- Conflict Management
- Testing, and Supporting
- Software Development LifeCycle and Mentorship
- Best Practice Solutions
- Problem solving
- Creating Templates
Cybersecurity Business Analyst / Project Manager
Tools: used: Active Directory, Azure AD, Citrix, SharePoint, JDE, Visio, Project, Power BI, Clarizen, IBM QRadar, FireMon, Service Now, IBM Security Secret Server, Security Awareness .
- Organizing, facilitating, and driving requirements gathering, review and validation with key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the project team and the SME to develop business requirements document both functional and non - functional using standard template
- Acting as a strategic partner with IT to influence the design, alignment, implement and testing of technical standards to address requirements, and track project progress
- Collaborate with design and implementation team to provide reporting and status on project deliverables.
- Implementing test strategy, test plan, coordinate test activities and capture test results
- Responsible for business analysis for process mapping, process re-engineering and, details documentation, plan, and user how-to-guide, data flow diagrams using Visio
- Participating in the matrix driven vendor evaluation and PoC process for cyber security programs
- Acting as a Project Manager to achieve full compliance of security controls by performing gap analysis, remediating, and supporting the independent regulatory/parity assessment related to WGL acquisition
- Assisting PM's with the project charter, project plan, transition to operations, project closeout activities
- Create project steering committee adhoc report outlining IS portfolio risks, projects status, project financials, key milestones using business intelligence tools
- Determine, assign, track and manage project tasks, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Demonstrating strong understanding of business processes, cybersecurity controls and related standards
- Assess, review cybersecurity checklist to provide recommendation to align the project objectives
- Assess, educate, reinforce, and measure the security readiness with cyber strength,, security awareness materials, reporting analysis to take corrective actions to mitigate risk
- Coordinate with the business and the vendor to collect SOC and ISO 27001 reports to assess the security controls and compliance of the regulatory controlled environment (SOX, NERC CIP, PCI etc.)
IAM Specialist/ Business Analyst Infrastructure
Tools: used: Saviynt, Oracle Identity Manager v8.1/Waveset, Oracle Identity Analytics v 126.96.36.199.3 , One Identity - Active Roles Server v7.1, Active Directory, Azure AD, Change Auditor, ArcSight, iRequest, Citrix, AdFind, LDAP, DALM, IT Asset Support Matrix, LiveLink, SharePoint, SAP R/3, SAP ERP 6.0, NetWeaver, BEx Analyzer, CRM, BW, SuccessFactors, LMS, TRIP, OrgPublisher, Visio, Project.
- Developed 400 + role based reusable IT access templates gathering requirements from hiring leaders within Suncor Oil Sands, Oil Sands Venture, and Finance business units to implement automated integrated solutions within SAP and IDM toolsets to improve IAM process efficiency and effectiveness
- Implemented 100 + high-level business roles and policies engaging with ELT team and associates to improve the business communications
- Planed, designed, implemented and documented 500 + applications access provisioning mechanism including documented process to setup SSO using ADFS, MFA utilizing automated workflow driven solutions integrating with various systems by setting up the security controls using the onboarding/ offboarding platform to improve the overall IAM, HR onboarding and IT Services Matrix
- Designed and implemented Access /attestation process for high privilege and privilege security groups to certify that the access of their subordinates are appropriate to meet SOX requirements
- Created adhoc reporting process within BW for continuous HR onboarding/IAM process improvement
- Identified 10,000 + PST files, migrated 200+ terabytes of data to the Enterprise Vault as a team effort
- Cleaned up 10000 + IT assets from the environment to improve the quality of the system focusing on improving the user experience using the centralize onboarding/offboarding platform
- Implemented an automated end user experience solution to address top 10 key business issues
- Plan, facilitate, and led the business requirements gathering sessions, IAM process design workshops with stakeholders throughout the IAM project and process life cycle
- Conduct IAM process GAP analysis, and research best practice examples to implement efficient and cost-effective IAM process improvement solutions that provide value and meet strategic business goals
- Responsible to provide technical IAM solutions that is complex in nature and IT operations activities by using analytical, problem solving, research, business process, system knowledge and skills delivering results to the business and vendor support teams to meet the established quality and matrix
- Create, and update process documentation/templates related to compliance, security & IAM processes to streamline the provisioning processes to improve onboarding/off boarding process and client satisfaction
- Facilitate IT access role-based rules/template validation sessions with business stakeholders to bridge business requirements, implement IAM solutions; and ensure compliance with IS policy and procedures
- Collaborate with upstream, downstream applications portfolio support team and vendors to gather access and provisioning requirements, design, build and implement specialized functional and/or technical solutions integrating with various systems e.g. SAP, IDM, AD, CRM, ServiceNow, ADFS, Azure AD etc. and setup the security and control processes to improve overall IAM process mechanism
- Collaborate with various teams to implement the iRequest a custom build in house application solution to streamline the onboarding/offboarding activities within a single platform, apply automation to all types of access request solutions to facilitate faster and efficient provisioning, reporting on onboarding/off boarding activities using BW data warehouse
- Create various test cases for e.g. functional testing, user acceptance testing to validate the system and process solutions that meets the business requirements, including the coordination of end user acceptance testing along with developing and providing process documentation or user manuals/templates and support documentation for smooth transition to business/operations
- Provided strategic advice on ELT approved HR WFP to develop effective reusable automated IT access rules/templates using standard role/data mining best practice examples to reduce the roadblocks, amount of errors and improve the ease of use of the IAM processes for smooth onboarding/provisioning
- Provided strategic directions on the enterprise goals to streamline the HR on-boarding practices, and IAM processes ensuring compliance with internal IS P&G, SOX, NERC CIP, PCI etc.
- Provided strategic directions to the team on tasks to adhere the project goal, resources or assets approval or sign off processes prior to Go Live
- Provide analytical support for corporate initiatives including business function support for significant business area process improvement projects and complex product upgrade e.g. Process Improvement Program (PIP) - SAP R3 Manage Security, Windows 7 projects
- Worked as SME for iRequest, OIA, IDM, ARS, AD, Change Auditor, SAP, OLT etc.
- Led and direct the management of change for provisioning and de-provisioning IT security assets
- Led, coordinated, and organized meetings with IT and business stakeholders to validate and confirm IT assets information and collaborate with CFT to update the knowledge base repository system
- Worked as an escalation lead to escalate IT access issues that could potentially delay user accessibility
- Experience in oil sands turnaround projects to implement IAM solutions to ensure the most effective and efficient execution of onboarding/off boarding activities in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Suncor reorg advisory team to evaluate and take the proactive actions throughout the reorg project environment to facilitate a smooth transition
- Practice knowledge sharing/transfer and foster change management as the organization changes and new skills are required, focusing on team/individual development to be a valued contributor
- Participate pilot projects to raise pre and post go live issues for resolutions e.g. Skype for business
- Experience working within Suncor PMOC and risk management frameworks
- Measured and report on IAM process effectiveness, understanding and defining the scope to improve the assets provisioning processes to service excellence
- Prepared project progress reports to the project lead on a weekly and monthly basis
- Carrying out regular team meeting to share critical policy, procedure, process change and project update
- Completed courses to acquire knowledge, skills and competencies to perform operational excellence
Tools: used: Visio, JD Edwards (Order Management, Asset Lifecycle Management), AS/400, DB2, SAP, MS Project 2007, Visual Basic 6.5, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Management Studio Express, Oracle, Oracle SQL Developer, Microsoft Access Database, Excel, Word, Power point, Windows Server 2003, Citrix, TCP/IP such as DNS and DHCP, Windows XP, Microsoft Office Suite, Prism, Primavera, HRsmart, SmartPlant Materials, CutePDF, Kakari, Marian, Navori Server Standard Version, Construction Safety System, ToolWatch SE, McCormick Systems, Active Directory, Share point etc.
- Identified potential improvements to JDE system functionality by analysing the business processes GAP and recommended the system enhancement solutions
- Collaborated with project team members throughout the project implementation, quality control activities (such as functional testing, user acceptance testing, end user, documentation)
- Worked closely with project team to understand how information is used in the JDE system to identify and analyse process reengineering opportunities to develop detailed design and implementation plan
- Led the business analysis process, gathered business specifications, created user manuals for installation, and configure of new applications e.g. Navori Server Standard Edition v5.1, Construction Safety Program
- Developed test plans and test cases for purchased applications, ensuring effective coverage of requirements to facilitate and participate in the testing and deployment of applications
- Liaison with solution delivery team, and local infrastructure team for application setup, configuration, complex issues and application upgrade processes
- Prepared proposals to upgrade or changes to existing applications or systems defining new functionalities, added values and benefits of use, as per business requirements
- Experienced in business analysis for process mapping and, process re-engineering and, details documentation, user manuals for each supported application including enterprise architecture repositories, system diagrams, data flow diagrams using Visio and TOGAFTM best practices
- Demonstrated power point presentations to illustrate completed projects to executives, managers, and SME e.g. Order Management Process using JDE, Standardized Customer Support Management Guide
- Gained knowledge and understanding of diverse corporate systems & processes e.g. JDE systems, invoicing, materials management, purchasing, inventory, and change management
- Interacted with system users across all business units, project teams and provided in-house support to establish, transition, setup new application systems or processes based on the technical documentation
- Coordinate with business, end users, and infrastructure team for critical application issues and escalate complex and priority issues to management, 3rd party vendor and setup an expectation for a resolution
- Documented the system analysis, design, implementation and system access manual in an appropriate format including business rules, workflow descriptions, data definitions, test plans and test cases
- Visited client sites & conducted requirements gather workshops to identify business needs
- Translated business needs into system requirements, review and rewrite the business requirements, processes and assist / develop scoping documents for new systems or enhancements to existing systems
- Organized meetings with managers, team lead, SME and support teams on SLA implementation process.
- Coordinate, validate, and facilitate delivery of all production system updates though the standards change management process with proper documentation gathering information through supplier/vendor’s
- Worked with business users across the board to assess or identify business and system solutions requirements, integration, implementation process and schedule to complete the requirements
- Coordinated procurement/product purchases activities with the AP to ensure PO’s are issued for Supplier.
- Understanding of construction specific business processes and tools (Conex Rental Corporations )
- Provided higher standard customer support and coordinated with SME/vendor for complex issues related to the ERP applications and maintained customer relationship management process
- Developed and maintained positive working relationships and communication within the team, and clients
- Worked independently to troubleshoot and resolve issues ensuring all communication is well documented
- Administered applications e.g. Prism, Primavera, Navori Server Standard
- Experienced with business (operations) data manipulation to develop reports to highlight overall process
- Developed databases, forms and reports to produce weekly report for support tracking system
SCADA Support Engineer
Tools: used: Proficy HMI/SCADA iFIX/FIX32 with FIXDESKTOP, Proficy Historian, 7.x/6.x generation drivers e.g. OPC, ABR, GE9, GES, IGS, MB1, MBE, Si5, Si7, SM2, SIM, G90,MBP, MBR, MMP, ROC, S 7, TIE, ABH, Rockwell Software RSLogix, Matrikon Simulation, Sentinel Driver, Drivers Diagnostic Utility, Mikogo, PCAnywhere, WebEx, VMware, WonderWare 9, iFIX WebServer, BlackBox, Apropos, Siebel, Siemens TI H1 Programming Software, ScriptMan, Crystal Reports, Database Dynamos Toolkit, IEEE Float to Hex Converter, Visio, Visual Studio 6.0-2005, Visual Basic 6.5, Active Directory, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Management Studio Express, Oracle, Oracle SQL Developer, Microsoft Access Database, Windows Server 200x, Terminal Services, Citrix, TCP/IP and network services such as DNS and DHCP, Windows Security Sync, Windows Vista, XP, MS Project, Microsoft Office 200x, CutePDF, Adobe Acrobat, SAP HR etc.
- Solid understanding/knowledge of real time control system, technical & business terminology in large, integrated SCADA system design/development projects for OIL & GAS, Utility and Pipelines industries.
- Organized meetings with client to gather business requirements to analyze the processes include the workflow analysis, creation of process diagrams, system architecture, and design
- Documented high-level business requirements into technical specifications to design, implement, create test plans and test cases, and write end-use, procedures and/or documentation.
- Discussed the requirements analysis ensuring that requirement statements are correct, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to organizational standards
- Analyzed and provided appropriate SCADA Servers/Clients system design solutions for projects using industrial protocols to ensure all designs adhered to industrial standards and meeting customer requirements
- Proven track record of understanding business/system problems in order to diagnose and provide accurate solution
- Provided accurate documentation for application process modeling, re-engineering & analysis concepts/techniques to improve and efficiently design projects based on existing proven SCADA model/solution best practices
- Proven track record of successful project/process design/solution delivery on time & exceed customers expectations
- Increased security awareness through risk analysis, proper documentation, best practices and communication
- Under minimal supervision, reviewed SCADA related system log files and recommended system optimization guide for design changes or to take actions for performance tuning to improve efficiency and overall system performance
- Worked with peers, engineers and field personnel to troubleshoot and resolve complex SCADA issues & simulate SCADA projects or complex issues on various system environments to identify the product bugs.
- Acted as a liaison between the customer and sustaining development engineering team to correct product problems
- Worked across other IT project teams to provide the appropriate technical solution to reflect and impact the projects
- Experienced in installation, configuration of Industrial SCADA systems for automation control ensuring all project communication is properly documented and tracked
- Maintained VMware images of multiple versions of SCADA and workstations associated with process control
- Implement and test communication solutions between SCADA Servers, Clients and PLC’s using industrial protocols such as Modbus (Plus, Ethernet, RS 232, RS 485), S-90 Ethernet, Allan Bradley (Ethernet, DataHighWay+)
- Designed new smart indicators and creating work orders and work requests to address identified issues
- Analyzed issue related to SCADA networking and provided accurate technical information for configuration
- Consults with the support team, QA, Development Engineers, and management regarding problem escalation, problem resolution, and potential critical accounts and situations
- Maintained excellent interpersonal & team relationships & mentor to more junior teammate & other professionals
- Technical aptitude with VB, and multiple operating systems e.g. Windows 9X/NT/200x, UNIX, Office Suite
- Created knowledge-based articles, including the development of frequently asked questions . Accept day-to-day requests and respond to that with standard documentations by following a case management procedure
- Obtained iFIX SCADA Support to provide SCADA system design and support to customers
SAP System administrator
Tools used: SAP R/3 4.6, ECC, FI-CO, HR, MM, SCM, BW, PPPD, Active Directory, SQL Server 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2000, TCP/IP, Network services such as DNS and DHCP, MS Office Suite.
- Provided support to in house users in terms of system access, troubleshoot issues related to the SAP system, networking, and computer’s ensuring that all the users can access the system effectively
- Monitored systems for error logs and resolved errors by researching OSS Notes
- Applied OSS Notes using SNOTE and support packages using SPAM
- Monitored and troubleshoot SAP Printer environment (Spool Administration) to resolve errors
- Performed database administration, and transports using STMS and tp in R/3 and CRM environment
- Performed performance tuning by adjusting various profile parameters, memory management, and buffer sizes
- Created profile, assign roles and activities based on security procedure & setup logon balancing across R/3 server
Technical Support Analyst
Tools: used: SAP R/3 4.0 (HR), SQL Server 2000, Windows XP, Windows 200x Server, Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Mainframe Software (e.g. CICS, TSS, TSO, TSYS, BOL, METAVANTE (M & I), PARS, PASS), Peregrine System 3.0-5.0, Tivoli Access Manager (Software distribution), VPN, Cisco Aironet Wireless Access, Blackberry, Apache, Citrix, Coin, Crystal Report, DNS, DHCP, DOMAIN, IIS, LAN/WAN, MS Project, NetMeeting, Picture talk, Remote Desktop Connection, Support Soft, Visio, VPN, PAL (dial-up connection), Mobile Access Services, Cognos BI, office applications, Adobe Acrobat etc.
- Provided administrative support for various applications e.g. Active Directory, Lotus Notes, Bankcard tools, Peregrine, Tivoli Access Manager, CICS, TSS, TSO, TSYS, BOL, METAVANTE, PARS, PASS
- Provided technical troubleshooting for various client-servers, PCs and desktop applications in both Windows and Unix flat-forms, routers, switches, wireless devices, both local and network printers through discussions/email
- Provided support to install/configure Windows, Office applications, bankcard services applications
- Provided technical assistance to setup remote access tools such as VPN, Cisco Aironet Wireless Access
- Provided prompt, accurate, and efficient support to the clients, employing higher standard customer service skill and technical expertise while ensuring client satisfaction
- Provided Blackberry support to diagnoses problems to resolution through discussions with clients
- Maintained and involved using problem management databases and helpdesk tools
- Test Peregrine System 5.0 and BoA/ Confidential knowledge base portal
- Used SAP R/3 4.0 and web portal for payroll purposes and provided user level support to the internal user