- Sr. Business Systems Analyst with 10+ years of expertise in Business requirements gathering, System Analysis, Data Analysis, Agile/Scrum Methodology, Design & Development of Web Based and Client/Server Applications.
- Successfully led the email marketing project for the national retailer that boosted the sales by 30%.
- Successfully led 3 healthcare web portals build and redesign for group portal, member, agent that includes account holder enrollment, contribution management, claims processing and cash management.
- Reduced the network connectivity issues by 40% through data analysis and interpreting trends and created data visualizations reports, dashboards, worksheets using Tableau and provided data insights for business to identify problems and explore opportunities.
- Results oriented Joint Application Development (JAD), Agile ceremonies facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Developed strategies for leading User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with business users and experienced in creating test plans, test strategies and executed test cases for Quality Assurance.
Project Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, RUP.
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Confluence, ALM Octane, Chalk, TFS, Rally, Clarity, ServiceNow.
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, UML, BPMN, Rational Rose.
Quality Assurance: SOAP UI, Swagger, Postman, HP ALM Quality Center
Reporting Tools: Tableau, Excel, SQL Server Reports Services, Business Objects.
Network Tools: Junos Space, Palo Alto, Splunk, Putty, Wireshark.
Database: DbVisualizer, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access.
Programming Languages: ASP.NET, Java, SQL, PLSQL.
Business Applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, Visio), Notepad ++, SharePoint.
Sr. IT Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Eagan, MN
- Translated Business requirements into System requirements by documenting Use Cases for front - end and REST APIs for SAM core, group portal contributions, member enrollment, debit card authorizations and claims processing.
- Successfully analyzed the functionality of batch processing jobs and resolved the QA bugs related to recurring funded and non-non-funded contributions for tax-advantaged accounts like HSA, HRA, FSA, VEBA and TRA.
- Created powerful visualization reports in Tableau and Excel for data reporting by Pivot Tables, macros and VLOOKUP. Extracted, interpreted and analyzed data to identify key metrics and transform raw data into meaningful, actionable information.
- Created the use cases, activity diagrams, UML, business rules for requirements documentation to define functionality and system integration.
- Performed data analysis by collecting data from multiple sources, analyzed data sets with Excel and converted into actionable insights by predicting and modelling future outcomes.
- Evaluated data elements in data dictionary and mapped into request and response elements for creating SOAP and REST APIs documents, SQL queries and processing logic.
- Lead and driven requirements gathering and prioritization sessions with project stakeholders by converting requirements into use cases, functional specification documents, system process flows and writing the acceptance criteria to ensure the requirement meets the business needs.
- Resolved the use case ambiguities to the UX/UI team, front end, back end developers and QA to ensure common understanding of the requirements and scope.
- Collaborated with QA/testing team to prepare and execute test plans and test cases and verified the outputs for the application development to ensure the quality meets the user expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Data Analysis, Swagger, Postman, SQL, MS Visio, SharePoint, REST APIs.
Technical Analyst/Sr. IT Business Analyst
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Led the Agile scrum ceremonies like scrum daily standups, sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings to drive product backlog with project stakeholders by converting requirements into epics, features, user stories and defined the acceptance criteria to ensure the requirement meets the business needs.
- Owned the product backlog and worked with Product Owner to prioritize the product backlog items and estimated the timelines based on work effort, budget, resource availability to set realistic project milestones.
- Extensively used Octane to manage the project lifecycle and developed user stories by closely working with system architects and constituents to groom the requirements. Acted as a Subject Matter Expert for certain Web Services by involving from end to end planning to release.
- Worked with QA/testing team to prepare and execute test plans, test cases and verified the outputs and managed the issue log in ALM Octane.
- Worked on SOAP and RESTful Web Services Analysis and developed Technical Specification documents with request elements, response elements, data validation rules and error messages.
- Analyzed the ICOMS/CSG/SLBOS data using DbVisualizer, Oracle Database and ran SQL queries to map the data consistently across systems.
- Performed the XML/JSON request and response elements testing using SOAPUI, Postman, Swagger and queried the backend systems using SQL to analyze the data errors.
- Resolved production issues by performing complex SQL queries on DbVisualizer and analyzing JSON responses.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data validation by writing SQL queries using DbVisualizer to analyze the ICOMS databases.
- Worked on the application globalization requests through ServiceNow. Analyzed the tickets, gathered intranet connectivity requirements from end users to process the requests and globalized applications across three companies.
- Analyzed the network connectivity requirements and created required Firewall, NAT and DNS change requests through ServiceNow, JIRA ticketing system to establish connectivity and tested the accessibility of the applications.
- Led the 520 POD NATs decommission project by analyzing the network traffic using Splunk, Wireshark and migrating numerous applications to use the Blue Network Interconnectivity NATs for higher bandwidth and robustness.
- Created the network flow diagrams, process flows using Microsoft Visio, CHALK to depict the network regions, vendor connectivity standards, firewall deployment standards.
- Coordinated change management process by preparing System Change Request (SCR) forms and developed change schedule and conducted steering meetings with Change Advisory Board (CAB) to obtain their approval.
- Maintained the SharePoint, CHALK page, Confluence by updating the project documentation, Design flow diagrams, Blue Network Interconnect NATs, network connection scenarios and SLA types.
Environment: ALM Octane, ServiceNow, JIRA, Chalk, Splunk, InVision, Clarity, MS Visio, Junos Space, Palo Alto, AlgoSec, SharePoint, Putty, HP Network Automation.
Sr. IT Business Analyst
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Owned the product backlog and led the story mapping, backlog refinement, backlog prioritization sessions, and designed project roadmap.
- Driven the Agile approach to deliver the product in sprints and incorporated the user feedback to improve the product efficiency and usage.
- Coordinated the UAT testing strategy with the QA team and executed the UAT test cases with product owners by geography, role and worked with vendors to resolve the defects and retested with business users.
- Worked with Scrum Team, Scrum Master by eliminating the roadblocks, dependencies and ensured the user stories and acceptance criteria are complete and ready for development.
- Performed the Unit Testing, Black Box Testing and verified the outputs in accordance with the requirements.
- Created the Process Flows, Flow Charts to depict the business process and UML diagrams to define entity relationships.
- Planned and worked with infrastructure team to identify current vulnerabilities, nefarious activities, unauthorized activities, incident analysis in the network and gathered the business requirements for purchasing a new product that aligns with the Delhaize environment.
- Worked on a project that updates the current process of emergency calls to 911 by creating the as-Is and To-Be processes; documented the BRD, FRD; and created the test plans by coordinating the EMS, internal responders, and stakeholders.
Environment: Agile, SharePoint, Jira, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Project, UML
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Performed data analysis and worked with business to create BI reports using Tableau to make informed decision about patient’s office visit by time period, re-admit occurrences, performance by departments, patient satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Worked on data mapping to convert ICD-9-CM codes to ICD-10-CM on Medicare data.
- Supported the build of a data warehouse to store the claims data including ICD and CPT codes, patient demographic and insurance information and then created data marts for various business units for faster and accurate data access.
- Performed Data Analysis using MS Excel Macros and Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS, Data Mapping and Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD).
- Extensively worked in Data Requirement Analysis and Data Mapping for ETL process with Analyzer, Workflow Monitoring, and Workflow Designer.
- Created Data Mapping documents based on which labels and fields are migrated and integrated to mitigate risk factors.
- Worked on Data Mapping by the transmission of electronic data using the Health Level (HL7) standard after which codes, classifications, and terminologies are matched together.
- Ensured the validation of data mapping by involving the end users for the exchange of lab results between systems.
- Troubleshoot file transmission problems and assisted customers in a call center environment with EDI and Medicaid Insurance claims related inquiries. Explained and enforced guidelines in the X12 Implementation guides (837P, 837I, 837D, 270/271).
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the number of database accesses.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
Environment: MS SharePoint, UML, RUP, UAT, db2, HP Quality Center, SQL, .NET, Clear Case, MS office
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Created Tableau dashboards, scorecards, scattered plots, bar graphs that shows powerful insights in clinical date of patient office visit rate, readmit occurrences, and patient satisfaction surveys.
- Led the design and development of member enrollment, benefits overview, eligibility criteria and payment systems.
- Worked on Jira and Confluence to resolve the open issues and integrated it with GitHub for Workflow Management.
- Created new Policy and Procedures (PnP) for EDI (270 & 271), Claims and Benefit related transactions.
- Analyzed the Benefit / Procedure file to determine the specific POS/TOS conditions for Column routing.
- Gathered requirements and modeled the data warehouse and the underlying transactional Medicaid database.
- Worked as a unit BA lead with data Warehouse team for transferring information between the business, developer, data modeler and testing team
- Extensively used calculations, variables and sorted inputs, drill down, slice and dice, alerts for creating business object reports for the Medicaid and Claims processing systems.
- Generated complex reports using Business Object XI and Web Intelligence.
- Worked on SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) Methodologies like Kanban and XP and written user stories and tracked defects via JIRA.
- Developed & executed several optimized queries in SQL on Medicare and Medicaid data.
- Analyzed source data to determine what kind of meta-data had to be included in physical data model.
Environment: RUP, UAT, GAD (Gap Analysis Document), MS Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access).
Business System Analyst
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Extensive experience with Business-to-consumer (B2C) sales of tangible goods/online services and Business-to-business (B2B) scenarios, such as e-procurement and Point of Sale (POS).
- Facilitated JAD sessions to understand user requirements and design applications. Defined business processes for supply chain and logistics in IT operations.
- Implemented the credit card and merchant processing services provided by First Data POS.
- Interpreted data of logistic elements, availability, reliability, supplier management and process driven distribution by creating value driven KPIs, dashboards with Tableau for strategic decision making.
- Implemented the transformation of the 1-page checkout to a 3-page checkout process during the POS, while working closely with the Chase Payment Tech services.
- Played key role in developing and driving continuous improvement initiatives in Supply Chain & Logistics Function.
- Defined use case scenarios with respect to Oracle eCommerce platform - ATG & Endeca Experience Manager for Retail Commerce.
- Worked closely with business users and Financial Analysts to gather the requirements and enhancement for APV (Assets Price Verification) system. Created programs to analyze legacy system data and generated error reports.
- Actively interacted with other corporate departments including executive, shipping, legal and information services and managed vendor relationships.
- Provided guidance to the development teams to break down large and complex User Story into simplified versions for execution.
- Tested User Stories for accuracy and compliance to ensure undisputed acceptance and validation of stories.
Environment: JIRA, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Project, UML, Test Director, ATG, Java Script.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Prepared Business Requirements Document (BRD) and then converted business requirements into Functional Requirements Specification (FRS).
- Elicited, analyzed, documented, validated business requirements, user stories, process flows for the new ATG e-Commerce Platform spanning all aspects of browsing and purchasing hardware and services.
- Defined release plans for ecommerce platform with release managers according to gathered information from various IT departments.
- Created & visualized data and reports in Power BI thereby providing interactive insights to clients.
- Managed and helped write descriptive and user manuals for Agile enablement project.
- Managed UAT testing cycles with Avanade and Endeca to ensure both CRM and BI solutions were tested thoroughly and delivered to customer expectations
- Managed program and project efforts for Logistics and e-Commerce, POS, Supply Chain, CMS, and Web-based applications, business strategy and website content.
- Worked with internal and external trading partners and documented requirements for all EDI transactions.
- Responsible for Supply Chain Management, MRP, Inventory Control Models, Demand Management, Logistics and forecasting Supply Chain optimization using SCOR model - source, deliver processes
- Designed Object-Oriented Diagrams representing Use Case Diagrams and all necessary sub features using UML.
- Assessed impacts of user change requests on application and document associated functional requirements and design changes.
Environment: JIRA, Agile, MS Visio, MS Excel, UML, MS Access, MS Project, Oracle, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro.