- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) with over 9 years of experience facilitating agile practices, in the delivery of enterprise applications through multiple release cycles.
- Work experience as a Scrum Master and Business Analyst with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) projects
- Served as a scrum simultaneously for multiple scrum teams (Up to 3), facilitating Agile ceremonies & meetings such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand - ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Extensive JIRA, Rally, TDP user for Agile Boards, product backlog user stories, bug tracking, team velocity, and deadlines.
- Exceptional ability to simultaneously manage technical and business requirements as well as supervising documentation and reporting
- Proficient at Business Analysis, Project Management, Software Design, Development, Implementation, Testing and Quality Assurance with hands on experience with the Software Development Life Cycle and the Quality Assurance Life Cycle.
- Strong Project Management skills including Planning, Project Scheduling, Work Breakdown Structures, Size Resource and Effort Estimate, Monitoring and Reporting.
- Proven success in Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Flows (As-Is and To-Be), JAD Sessions, UAT, Cost Benefit Analysis and Workflow Management Tool.
- Extensive experience in producing documents like Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Creating Request for Proposals (RFP), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in creating Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts for Functional and Non-Functional testing.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing and ETL tools.
- Sound Oral and Written Communication Skills enabling the transformation of the needs of various Stake Holders into Functional Requirements.
- Proficient in preparing, authoring/reviewing different requirement artifacts like Business Requirement Document (BRD), functional specification Document (FSD), Software requirement specification (SRS), and graphic user interface (GUI) and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Adapt at creating and designing business models using UML diagrams, Use case diagrams, activity diagrams.
Confidential - Plano, TX
- Handled two different scrum teams working on a common set of requirements.
- Implemented and Facilitated Sprint 0 to conduct story mapping and ensure that the team is ready to start sprint.
- Decomposed BRD into user stories by conducting story writing session with the product owner and then decided upon the acceptance criteria for the PSPI (potentially shippable product item).
- Helped the team in estimating the user stories using Planning Poker Technique.
- Facilitated, conducted Sprint Ceremonies, and assisted the product owner in keeping the backlog groomed.
- Conducted Requirement gathering sessions, brainstorming sessions, daily Stand-up Meetings and Sprint Reviews.
- Used JIRA for issue tracking and assisted the product owner in keeping the backlog groomed.
- Tracked team velocity and Sprint progress using Sprint burn down chart and Release burn down chart and resolved impediments with assistance of Product Owner.
- Maintained Product Backlog, Sprint Backlogs, Scrum notes, Task Boards, Scrum Planning Boards, Sprint Planning Boards, and Road Maps.
- Involved in Scrum of Scrum's, worked with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application.
- Conducted User Story Writing Workshops for the stakeholders not proficient in the art.
- Resolved Impediments, team conflicts, and helped them maintain focus on product backlog and project timeline.
- Acted as servant leader in supporting the team whenever required.
Environment: Scrum, MS Office, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Project, SQL, JIRA.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Analyzed the "As is" and "To be" system documents to show the current and proposed functionalities by following the required HIPPA standards
- Basic understanding of healthcare payer domain.
- Assisted team to remove impediments by having an understanding the control and release processes
- Assisted with internal and external communication, improved transparency, and radiated information
- Assisted with prioritization and resolution of software defects
- Assists in the estimation of work for the web development team
- Built relationship with Product owner and other stake holders to facilitate team's interaction with them
- Maintained proper communication with the developers ensuring that the modifications and requirements were addressed and monitored these revisions.
- Reviewed user Stories and Acceptance Criteria with the team
- Created and Managed the Release Planning Documents in the JIRA Agile and Share Point Repository.
- Developed the Task Sheet and Burn down Charts.
- Facilitated Demos of the software output of each Sprint and assisted Business in making Decisions on the release during the Sprint Review Meetings.
- Conducted requirements Churns between Sprints to update the product backlog.
- Conducted Analytics and Assessments to derive the Team Velocity based on the various Sprint Outputs.
- Taking care of backlog refinement & assigning story points
- Taking care of grooming the user story or epic
- Conducting retrospective meeting at the end of every sprint
- Created UI mock ups and PoC's for the Public facing user interface and the adverse event Reporting form.
- Facilitated sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- Work with Development and QA managers to manage team capacity
- Facilitating Scrum status meetings with design/build resources.
- Having experience with SAFe Framework.
Environment: MS-Office, MS-Outlook, MS Visio, Agile, Windows XP, RUP
Confidential - Baton Rouge, LA
- Gather requirement through various ways including Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with end users, expert team, Technical Team and stakeholders.
- Interacted with stakeholders to finalize the Business Requirements
- Monitored development work and test results and coordinated with Development team, Testing Team for timely completion of projects.
- Facilitates multi-unit and vendor work sessions to determine requirements, screen flows, and processes
- Interfaces with the Tech Support team to define and improve support procedures and capabilities through training, communication, and documentation across all related projects
- Reviews and ensures that all corporate guidelines and regulatory rules are kept in compliance within the requirements Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business process, business rules, information needs and ensured that critical requirements are not missed and provided e-commerce-based solutions to their complex business problems.
- Closely interacted with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and navigational flow and keep them updated about Business users’ sentiments.
- Standardize documents for agile project implementations.
- Owned the weekly Burn down charts, Agile wall updates, Tracking Planck cards (a communication protocol between the onsite-offshore agile team members).
- Liaise across teams- development, project management, business managers and vendors to identify and resolve issues to deliver projects on time in a Microsoft .net/SQL environment.
- Leads projects and contributes as a thought leader and Subject Matter Expert of high-profile efforts surrounding key company initiatives, ensuring timelines and deliverables are met
- Identifies current limitations in existing operations/workflows and areas of redundancy within various existing systems and defines, documents and presents requirements for integration/improvement of these systems - including workflow tools, related hardware and, software, current and future state of process flows, use cases and test cases
Environment: MS-Office, MS-Outlook, MS Visio, Agile, Windows XP, RUP
Confidential - Hahnville, LA
- Gathered business, system, and functional requirements by conducting detailed interviews with business users, stakeholders, and Subject Matter Experts (SME's). Defined the scope of the project, financial projections and Cost/benefit analysis.
- Implemented the entire Agile Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows and activities.
- Identified and developed Use Cases from the business and systems requirements. Documented high level and detailed Use Cases to include all the functionalities of the new system.
- Gathered the functional and business requirements by conducting JAD sessions and participatory Design Sessions involving major leads from the Technical Department.
- Followed the UML methodology to Create UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), ER Diagrams using Rational Rose and MS Visio and thus defining the Business Process Model and Data Process Model.
- Development of a detailed conversion plan and timetable, Creation of client notification letters, emails, web updates, and statement inserts.
- Facilitated meetings with developers, system analyst, and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project.
- Worked with compliance to ensure that due diligence files are complete and accurate.
- Extensively used Rational Requisite Pro to gather and manage requirements. Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types, and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report/ data validation.
- Prepared custom reports and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification on MS Access.
- Monitored version control and defect tracking activities using Rational Clear Case and Rational Clear Quest.
- Worked with the QA team for designing Test Plan, Test Cases, and Requirement Traceability Matrix for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and regression testing.
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to test the usability of the application.
- Pre- and post-conversion training along with weekly status reports.
Environment: Agile RUP, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office Suite (Project, PowerPoint, VISIO).