A team player with strong work ethics, interpersonal and communication skills seeking a fast - paced dynamic environment to share my in-depth knowledge and skills as a Business Analyst in implementing clients’ need into software application development.
- Business Analyst with more than 6 years industry experience in software requirement analysis, process modeling, process flow, etc.
- Highly Prominent Scrum Master having depth knowledge and experience of Agile principles and Scrum events such as Sprint planning, backlog grooming, Capacity Planning, PI planning and writing User stories with properly defined ATDD based Acceptance criteria.
- Implemented issues tracking in Version One to effectively track impediments against user stories.
- Excellent Experience in investment banking and mortgages.
- Good experience working with IBM Mainframe (COBOL, JCL, VSAM, and DB2).
- Organized many Joint Application Developments (JAD) and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs), Interviews, workshops and requirement elicitation sessions, sessions with end-user/clients/stake holders and the development group.
- Ability to gather and document requirements and write Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) for the technical team.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which includes Gathering Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation. Proficient in Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Development.
- Expertise in the use of tools such HP ALM/Quality Center and JIRA.
- Experience in testing activities including Manual Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, change and Defect Management, End User testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Strong Knowledge of SDLC in Waterfall and Agile Scrum Working Methodologies.
- Worked on Version One for continuous updates on project schedules, quality, issues and managing resources.
- Experience in creating Test Plans for the QA team and conducting the testing process during the UAT phase.
- Experience working with SQL scripting, managed version control software and defect tracking systems.
- Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, risk Analysis, and ROI analysis.
- Used Microsoft Visio for Business Process Modeling and Data flow diagrams.
- Experience in development methodologies in SDLC like Agile Scrum and Waterfall.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis.
- Successful as a team player to work in conjunction with other DBA’s, testers, developers and other team members in validation and testing complex scenarios and projects and in the maintenance of Quality Standards in projects.
- Knowledge of RDBMS Concepts and hands on experience on Database Technologies and JIRA for Agile Process flow diagrams, Business Process Modeling, Workflow and Data flow diagrams.
- Expertise in Analysis of Problem Severity, Defect tracking and reporting system.
- Strong communication, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Project Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, Hybrid
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio.
Requirement Management Tools: JIRA, Confluence
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows
Database: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, IBM DB2
Languages: SQL, HTML, VB scripts.
Business Applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint
Project Management Tool: MS Project
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Analyzed “TO BE” scenarios based on the data that are currently required to generate reports.
- Performed detailed business process assessment of the affected business areas.
- Create sequence/process flows, and use cases Documenting functional (FRDs) and system requirements (SRDs).
- Draft, Evaluate & Finalize Business Case with Possible Milestones and Work Break Down Structures.
- Collaborate with API team in Sprint planning.
- Wrote User Stories -- Elaborated User Stories and Acceptance Criteria; Reviewed user stories with teams
- Wrote User stories which included the business logic, expected behaviour and user acceptance criteria.
- Coordinated in all phases of IT projects based on the Agile Framework and Scrum.
- Organized and facilitated Agile and Scrum meetings, which included Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums or Stand-ups, Sprint Check-In, Sprint Review & Retrospective.
- Integrated with other internal applications using SOAP and REST web services by generating the necessary stubs from the WSDL files for extracting the data from other applications.
- Review technical specifications for each change request to ensure the business need is being met.
- Performed UAT end to end application process including, signup, sign in, amortization schedule, pre-approval letter, Loan approval process, online payment and monthly statements.
- Used SQL to retrieve data from different Databases (such as TOAD, MS Access, Oracle) in order to monitor the quality of data elements/attributes.
- Worked on IBM Mainframe system & performed SQL queries and define source to target data quality assessments.
- Created/modified SQL Joins and sub-queries to implement business rules.
- Worked on Pivot table and V-lookups in MS Excel.
- Created FRD for Web Services and RESTful calls for using SOAP UI tool.
- Validated Web Services and RESTful calls by comparing the data with Database and User Stories.
- Involved in project using SOAP UI and run request with input XML to receive a response XML for the request sent.
- Authored test case scenarios in Excel spread sheet and export them into HP ALM.
- Defined the various business transactions and business rules dealing with digital payments, online banking, credit and debit cards.
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of the scrum team in an Agile methodology.
- Generated catalogue of letter templates and attachments with detailed specification of validation logic and Error messages as per Business specifications.
- Tested user stories and sign off on the business functionality completeness.
- Participated in defect triage/ resolution action items follow up, drive meetings.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report/ data validation.
- Traceability Matrix was always used to create, modify, and delete traceability relationships
- Used SQL queries for data validation and UAT testing efforts.
Environment: Agile, Scrum, HP ALM, LOS, Mainframe, JCL, COBOL, DB2, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Project, JAVA, JSON, SOAP UI, RESTful, WSDL, SQL, XML, UNIX, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Office, EXCEL - (V-lookup, Pivot Table), Windows.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked as Business Analyst involved in migrating a legacy Mainframe system to a Web-based technology.
- Performed requirement gathering and knowledge extraction about the Investment banking through interviews, also learned about Run the Bank environment, audio/video conferencing, JRP, and JAD sessions.
- Followed Agile methodology for Software Development Life cycle. Collaborated with the Product owner and translated the high-level business requirements into user stories and supplemented the user stories with prototypes created using just in mind.
- Tracked and managed product backlog, burn-down metrics, velocity and task break-down.
- Involved in interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and carefully recording the requirements in a Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Collaborated with SMEs for getting information about Mortgage Services, Fixed Income products (Municipals Bond, T-Bills) and Credit products (Credit Default Swaps, Total Return Swaps) to evaluate risk exposure.
- Collaborated with Front Office team for suspicious activity reports on KYC/ AML for flagged accounts in line with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Apply standard Agile, Scrum practices by ensuring that criteria’s are met.
- Liaised the Scrum team for the access to tools and application through Secure Request
- Implemented Anti-Money Laundering (AML) system to monitor suspicious transactions and enhance regulatory compliance.
- Built relationships with AML investigations units, effectively communicating and transferring information for case investigations.
- Functioned as a key contributor and demonstrated knowledge of AML issues as well as broader functional knowledge.
- Identified 'AS-IS' process and 'TO-BE' process as parts of Gap Analysis for implementing VAR component.
- Performing GAP analysis to compare actual performance with desired performance
- Perform Scrum practices including PI Planning, backlog management, stand-ups. Sprint Planning, Scrum of Scrums, Retrospectives, and Demos.
- Performed Data Analysis & Data Validation process in IBM Mainframe system.
- Documented system requirements and business requirements and created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Conducted Brainstorming sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Performing GAP analysis to compare actual performance with desired performance.
- Defect tracking done with the help of Quality Center.
- Documented requirements, defined scope and objectives, and formulated systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Participated in individual and department goal development and executed on tactical strategies for goal attainment.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Quality Center, IBM Mainframe, DB2, COBOL, JCL, AML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Oracle, MS Office Suite, SQL, Windows.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Obtained requirements from business stakeholders of the functionalities we needed for KYC Program and ensures the requirement obtained is consistent with BSA/AML Policy and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with the clients and assessed the facts of the discussion to not only gain an understanding of the issues, but drive to a solution.
- Extensively researched and collected the customer financial documentations and completed research for suspicious activity reports on KYC, AML, and BSA analysis reports for flagged accounts.
- Conducted meetings with stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and provide solutions as per their requirements and business practices for regulatory reporting.
- Instructed and modeled core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility, ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies across the enterprise
- Defined user stories and acceptance criteria, using Version One, Linked tasks and test cases with the stories.
- Automated the generation of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reports in compliance with AML.
- Gained end-to-end understanding of the technology and data infrastructures behind the daily production and reporting of all counterparty credit risk (CCRT).
- Identified Customer on Boarding (COB) workflow, setup roles in Customer Identification Process (CIP) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD).
- Used agile tools (Version One, RTC, JIRA) for Work Item Management, Team Performance, & Reporting.
- Organized and facilitated sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Created and update monthly a dashboard for the global KYC/AML officer on new high-risk accounts to direct management where to allocate resources to ensure policies and procedures are appropriate for the firm's risk profile.
- Supported in building the Rule-based and Algorithm-based Assessment Models to quantify Real-Time Account On-boarding Risk (RAOR), which assesses a customer's risk before they open an account.
- Provided support to Product Owner in developing, maintaining and grooming product backlog. Acknowledged as an instrumental agent of change for the adoption of Scrum and SAFe.
- Developed Use Cases and involved in drawing Process Flow Diagram, Activity Diagram and Sequence Diagram that can help validate different business process with the help of MS Visio.
- Created new alerts if a customer performs several transactions on the same day from different branches or transferring money in several transactions so that it doesn't meets the threshold value.
- Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) throughout all the phases of SDLC.
- Conducted Smoke Test and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to test the application.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Quality Center, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office Suite, Windows, SQL, HTML, XML, MS SQL Server.