Resourceful technical leader, managing wide range of IT projects across credit card, Confidential / benefits insurance, property / casualty insurance and payroll applications, meeting defined objectives and deadlines. Results - driven in designing, developing, testing, debugging and delivering optimal systems solutions in alignment with customer business requirements. Motivational team player in and collaborating within diverse technical teams, providing quality production support, meeting quality standards and regulatory guidelines.
Application Development Tools: MVS Cobol, Cobol II, CYBORG, CICS, SQL, JCL, REXX
Application Package: ENDEVOR
D Confidential bases: DB2, IMS, VSAM
Desktop Tools: MS Office, Adobe, MS Project, Visio, MS Excel
Systems: z/OS, OS/390, Confidential MVS, IDMS Network
Utilities: IEBGENER, JES, ISPF / PDF, Remedy, FTP, CA7, FILE MANAGER, FILEAID, EZTRIEVE, CHANGEMAN, Fault Analyzer, Abend Aid
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Manage large-scale Confidential migration projects, system conversions and performance tuning.
- Gather and assess needs from internal business units.
- Develop and write technical and functional documents for IT group.
- Enhance and convert existing Confidential benefit system, including on-line and batch programs using COBOL, CICS, JCL, IMS, DB2, FILE MANAGER and EZTRIEVE.
- Perform root cause analysis of defects and provide solutions to prevent repeat occurrence.
- Participate in team meetings to discuss project direction and resolve issues.
- Research and conduct mapping process activities to simplify and align mainframe jobs, procedures and applications to the new modernized systems.
- Modify and update large-scale mainframe jobs, procedures and applications in modernization process to prepare them for several upcoming mock runs.
- Develop and write programs to convert files to be used in conversion jobs/applications.
- Perform mock runs of new and improved Confidential systems including executing jobs and monitoring results for issues and error reporting.
- Manage projects, write programs, update copybooks and JCL using mainframe COBOL / IMS / SQL / CICS / FILE MANAGER / EZTRIEVE.
Confidential, Columbus, GA
Programmer Analyst Lead
- Improved program performance by completing testing, bug fixes and adding functionality.
- Worked collaboratively in rotating on-call position, avoiding disruptions to credit card operations by communicating effectively with end users and resolving complex issues within deadlines.
- Supported QA testing by providing documentation, program testing results, system flows and setup testing d Confidential in accordance with project requirements.
- Assisted QA team, performing functional testing, ensuring test results met defined acceptance and business objectives.
- Engaged in customer satisfaction activities, managing and advising support resources on client-reported issues requiring d Confidential analyses and / or client-specific configuration / workflow root cause analyses.
- Managed life cycle of projects, writing new programs, copybooks and JCL, updating existing software and JCL using mainframe COBOL / SQL / CICS.
- Liaised with programmers, testers and business analysts and built trusted working relationships with key client stakeholders, providing direction on projects, communicating change, and minimizing downtimes and risk to client business.
- Led Fine-Tune System project, maintaining COBOL and CICS programs on both mainframe and online platforms; designing and coding DB2 stored procedures to allow execution by batch COBOL and online applications; dramatically improving cost savings and efficiencies.
- Delivered Rush / Fast Card Delivery System project, assuming project due to vendor inability to deliver, leading development of mainframe batch and online programs, optimizing functionalities and achieving 100% client satisfaction.
- Managed Terms and Conditions project, adding large mass of T / C shipment IDs to credit card mailers, simplifying user experience of identifying credit card terms.
- Directed Chip Card Processing project, designing several batch programs to process Magnetic to chip card conversions, allowing timely updates to security features and reducing costs of fraudulent activities.
- Completed Mass Reissue Credit Card project by developing and maintaining new programs to add improved functionality of annual mass reissuing of credit cards.
- Managed Pin Translation project, coding to convert single length pins translation to double length, producing secure debit / credit card ATM processing.
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Maintained interfaces between internal payroll, Kronos and COGNOSs (payroll processing), ensuring timely delivery of payroll functions.
- Partnered with external vendors to determine / analyze requirements and recommendations, defining test strategy, test approach and test planning efforts in alignment with business requirements.
- Performed unit, system and user acceptance test for complete validation and conducted walkthroughs and review meetings, building trusted working relationships with key customer stakeholders and providing functional and technical guidance to offshore development teams.
- Completed year-end W2 processing projects, meeting demanding deadline ahead of schedule.
- Worked on various projects associated with the Benefit Elections / 401K system by developing new applications and enhancing existing systems, allowing for smooth and effective transitions.
Confidential, Greenville, SC
Application Developer / Engineer
- Designed programs, copybooks and JCL.
- Updated existing software and JCL to support new program / copybook interfaces using mainframe COBOL for financial / annuities transactions.
- Worked from specifications to find problems and provided user requested changes. Analyzed, coded, unit tested program changes.
- Managed lifecycle of wide range of projects, providing customers with quality technical solutions to complex business requirements and meeting demanding objectives and deadlines.
- Supported, enhanced and developed applications for several insurance and financial institutions, streamlining payment processes with 100% accuracy.
- Worked with financial systems for annuities and 1099 processing, coding, testing, and supporting production for IRA / KEOGH reporting system and assigning activity codes to various transactions.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
- Conducted review and approval meetings, identifying potential risks, implementing corporate standards and procedures and communicated specifications with DBA, managers and users.
- Modified both batch and online programs to allow more efficient and speedy claim processing by delivering project to change programs, records, copybooks, maps, COMMAREAS, JCL and more.
- Worked on multiple projects to adjust claims processing, adhering to federal regulations.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Developed and modified existing property / casualty insurance system.
- Performed user service requests for new customers and consulted with insurance companies on customized solutions.
- Liaised effectively with manager, testers and programmers and performed system, unit and user acceptance cycle testing.
- Contributed to numerous projects simultaneously associated with casualty insurance system, enhancing new applications and improving existing systems, adding new claims and payment types.