- Over 8 years of professional IT experience as a Business Analyst in Retail, Mortgage and banking Domains with solid understanding of Business Analysis, Business and Functional Requirements Gathering, Translating Requirements into Specifications, data mapping/modeling, Project management and Testing.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle models such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Proficient in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix to track and manage requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; with the ability to build and nurture productive relationships with various groups.
- Experience in sprint planning and participating in scrum meetings while effectively communicating with Scrum masters, product owners and the rest of the team.
- Expertise in backlog grooming and working with stakeholders/sponsors to ensure the project vision aligns with their criteria.
- Involved in Customer Relationship Management as well as Vendor Selection and management process.
- Experience in using the full System Development Lifecycle including business requirement, quality assurance and development.
- Experience in using defect tracking systems and general knowledge of defect processing and control.
- Strong skills in conducting requirements gathering sessions and producing requirement deliverables such as User Stories, Business Requirement Documents, Process Workflows, Prototypes, Specification Documents and Wireframes.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design.
- Strong skills facilitating JAD sessions and motivating project team to subscribe to the project vision.
- Transformed business requirements into functional specifications, focusing on workflow analysis and design, business process re - engineering, user interface - UI design and process flow modeling Proven ability to work in both a team environment and as well independently.
- Interacted and communicated clearly with development, testing and production teams concerning release management policies and procedures.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Gap analysis, business requirements, and UML diagrams. Experience in using business modeling tools like MS Visio and Unified Modeling Language for creating Use Case Diagrams, Business Process Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and workflow diagrams.
- Expertise in reviewing Test Procedures, creating Test plans, defining System & Integration Test Cases, executing Test Cases, Test Data reviewing and maintaining and executing detailed Test scripts for User Acceptance Testing, analyzing bugs, interacting with team members in fixing.
- Experience in FIT/GAP analysis to compare as-is with to-be business processes and worked with technical resources to draft one or more solutions so that pros and cons can be presented to the business.
- Experience in conducting SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit and ROI Analysis.
- Experience in SQL ad-hoc queries to extract data from various databases for data analysis and generating reports per the format specified Subjects Matter Experts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to articulate requirements, process flows and relationships.
- Experience with various tools for planning, tracking and managing projects and requirements using JIRA, MS SharePoint, HP Agile Manager and MS Project Professional.
- Expert in working with Medicare and Medicaid benefits in accordance with Federal Regulations.
- Performed back-end validation by writing SQL queries, performed CRUD operations on database using Oracle SQL Developer in Oracle.
- Experience working as Joint Application Development facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A dynamic team member with proven abilities to be a part of a team during various project phases.
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, HTML, Rational Rose
Methodologies/Frameworks: Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid, SAFe, Kanban, CI-CD, ATDD, TDD
Database: MS SQL Server2012/2008, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Redshift, Amazon RDS
BI Reporting Tools: Tableau, Tableau Desktop 8.2, Crystal Reports
ETL Tools: Informatica Power center, IBM Cognos
Testing Tools: HP ALM, Swagger, Postman, HP Load Runner, Selenium, SOAP UI, Swagger
Documentation Tools: MS Office Suite, SharePoint 2010/2013, confluence
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, HOLAP, Slicing/dicing, Pivot, Multidimensional Analysis, MDM
Project Management Tools: Microsoft Project professional, MS SharePoint 2010, JIRA
Web Technologies: XML, SOAP, REST, API, AJAX, Microservice
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning JRP sessions with SME's in understanding the Requirements pertaining to Mortgage Loan Origination to Loan Processing.
- Assisted Project Manager in Return on Investment Analysis (ROI), Feasibility analysis, Cost-benefit analysis, and created Project Proposal Document and got approval from management board.
- Conducted Elicitation techniques like one on one interviews, Focus groups and Brainstorming session with business users, management team and subject matter experts (SME's).
- Played lead role in requirement workshop, got requirement specification documents including Project Objectives, Business Requirements, Business Rules sign off from Business Owners and stakeholders.
- Assisted Product Owner in decomposing the Epics into User Stories and conducted story writing session to vertically slice the user stories and prioritizing the Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog.
- Provided ongoing technical support to businesses and end users by acting as an information resource for project functionality and scope specific questions and facilitating daily stand-up, retrospective, backlog grooming and iteration planning meetings.
- Handled Requirement Churn via Impact Analysis by checking the feasibility of the Triple Constraints.
- Created UML diagram such as Use-case Scenarios and Sequence Diagrams in learning Business Process model using MS Visio. Conducted Walk-through sessions with developers to present and understand the end user needs.
- Coordinated with UI Designer for creating high fidelity mockups and wireframe Prototypes using HTML, CSS and performed DML and SQL operations to CRUD the data in the database for data manipulation and data analysis such as union, views, joins, distinct, stored procedures to meet client requirements.
- Worked with ETL developer to create source to stage and stage to target data mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules and logic to be applied.
- Performed Data Profiling, Data Normalization, Data Verification and validation to increase Data integrity by maintaining data accuracy and effectiveness.
- Worked with zephyr/Jira for creating Test Cases and prioritizing, tracking bugs/issues and updated RTM.
- Conducted Functional Testing like System Testing, Integration Testing, Smoke Testing in both manual and automation test environment to ensure and maintain quality procedure
- Assisted business users in performing UAT by providing necessary test scripts and documents.
- Organized and facilitated evaluation sessions with end users to examine their experience and improve functionalities of the new application accordingly.
- Created various reports and dashboard with Tableau to assist managers to better utilize salesforce cloud as Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud and Analytics Cloud.
- Used SOAP, REST, BULK and streaming API for the application in the app center in the salesforce cloud and administered the email studio and mobile studio of marketing cloud.
- Performed API testing using Postman to check if the API's are returning the data in XML format as defined in the API documentation and required by workflow.
Environment: Agile Methodology, HTML5, CSS3, JIRA, Toad SQL Server, XML, JSON, WSDL, MS Visio, Jenkins, RESTful Web services, Salesforce.net, Einstein analytics Salesforce, Postman, Swagger, MS Share point.
Confidential, Pittston, PA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Reviewed the business case and analyzed the high-level scope to create a process map.
- Identified the subject matter experts and project stakeholders before conducting a stakeholder analysis.
- Conducted scope review meeting followed by scope decomposition to be reviewed by the technical project stakeholders.
- Conducted requirements gathering sessions with the stakeholders Business Technical to create the high-level requirements document BRD.
- Documented the user stories to create the product backlog with the product owner’s input.
- Used the Moscow technique for prioritization of the product backlog items to move onto the appropriate sprints during the sprint planning meetings.
- Converted the high-level process map To-Be into a detailed process map with integration points and gateways including alternate processes.
- Prepared and analyzed the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis. Created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the Business Process and various Business Scenarios and activities of the Business from the conceptual to procedural level on MS Visio.
- Prepared Use Case Diagrams, State Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and creation of technical design UI screen, UI Wireframes and Mock-ups using Microsoft Visio.
- Utilized SharePoint 2013 to manage team website for document collaboration, authorizations and deliverables management.
- Worked with BI Team on SQL queries to pull systems data for data analysis and performed Data Validation.
- Prepared Logical Data Models that contained set of Entity Relationship Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams and supporting documents and descriptions of the Relationships between the data elements to analyse and document the Business Data Requirements.
- Took part in QA activities by writing the Test Plan followed by Test Scenarios and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing UAT on JIRA.
- Worked on different Spot fire objects/visualizations like straight tables, line charts, bar charts and pivot tables etc. for dashboard design
- Extensively involved in Regression and Black Box testing, executing tests and tracking defects using HP ALM.
- Closely assisted the project manager during project closure by creating Gantt milestones, lessons learned, process presentation and a final end-user feedback overview post UAT and sign off.
Environment: MS Office Suite, SDLC, Agile/Scrum, Tableau, SQL Server, UML, MS Visio, Quick Test Pro, HPALM.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current business systems and to identify the impact
- Assisted Project Manager in creating Project Charter and Task Breakdown Document (TBD) using MS Project
- Facilitated reverse engineering and conducted focus groups and document analysis to elicit requirements with stakeholders, business users and SME's and analyze them to create technical specifications
- Created rules for the regular data transfer from Data Source (SAP) to Data Target (REDSHIFT Server)
- Created data mapping documentation for various types of data loads using Informatica by creating templates
- Performed Data mapping using SQL to filter data and assisted in Creation of Hash tables referencing the Surrogate Key tables for efficient lookup to Dimensions and helps detect changes during ETL process
- Responsible for mapping and modeling the Conceptual, Logical and Physical models specific to AWS Redshift
- Capture data from database Streams via kinesis with aggregations in EC2 instance simplifying development
- Perform Data investigation as part of UAT and completed Data Quality Processes like Data Profiling, Cleansing
- Linked Tableau and Salesforce with adaptors to give insight into the reporting of the employee dashboards.
- Developed business cases for projects, identify stake holders and defined scope of the project.
- Prioritized the API function call for testers, categorized the API based on System, Performance & experience.
- Documented and tested REST APIs and SOAP web services with the XML format and other formats using Swagger and used plugins for integrating it with Java-based Application as well as .net using Visual Studio.
- Directed and monitored organization staffing, including employee selection,, performance assessment, workload planning, recognition, salary actions and disciplinary actions.
- Assisted the testing team in developing the Test Plan, Test Conditions, and Test Cases based on business requirements and technical specifications in UAT with assistance in Requirement Traceability Matrix
Environment: - Scrumban, UML, Java, XML, REST, SAP erp, SOAP, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Project, JIRA 7.0.9, Swagger, Informatica Power Center9.5.X, Tableau 9.2.2
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Interacted with client groups to determine user requirements, Business rules and goals. Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures and create a Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Prioritized outstanding defects and systems problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low-level use cases, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology.
- Followed Agile Iterative development approach and was involved with all iterations of the development life cycle and risk management.
- Prepared Business Process Models and business rules that included modelling of all activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and browsers testing.
- Performed BDD (Behaviour Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development).
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD, TDD.
- Worked on different frame works like Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Driven and experience in test driven development (TDD), Behaviour driven development (BDD) approaches.
- Worked on API services using HTTP client and selenium Web driver and java.
- Using Selenium, automated the test cases using Java programming language.
- Work in Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver and execute the test cases using Selenium Web Driver.
- Performing Regression test using automated testing tool UFT/QTP, and Selenium.
- Understood and articulated business requirements and rules from user interviews and then converted requirements into technical specifications.
- Extensively worked with Project Manager to determine the current best practices for requirement gathering.
- Set up Demand deposit accounts automatically to adjust with interest rates when rate changes occur in money market accounts like mortgage accounts, bond accounts.
- Performed Bulk Data Migration from Traditional Applications to Salesforce using Import Wizard, Excel Connector, Dataloader.io, Workbench, Apex Data Loader utility and ETL tools.
- Analysed the strategies of Risk management, Mortgage, Fixed Income and Derivatives in the investment division and conducted Portfolio Performance measurement: return, calculation and attribution.
- Used Rational Clear Case as Version Control System for any changes to documents related to project like Use Case documents, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams etc.
- Medical Billing and Collection Systems: generation of daily billing activity based on patient records and establishment of collection protocols.
- Managed business requirements in Rational Requisite Pro while making them available to all team members.
- Organized meetings with various branch managers and complex directors to understand the existing Cheque processing through branch.
- Examined, analysed and modelled test plans, test scripts, test procedures and use case scenarios based on RUP methodology.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Defined program and project goals, objectives, products, services, constraints, assumptions, risks and facilitated processes by working with the project team, sponsor, and stakeholders to baseline the scope of the work and enable development of the plan.
- Responsible for extensive level of project documentation.
Environment: Agile, MS Project, MS Visio, UML, Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Clear Quest, SQL, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook), PL/SQL, Oracle, Windows XP.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Reported metrics and status to client and closely monitored the Sprint burn down chart to facilitate the team progress. Customized Microsoft Project for creating, managing and controlling project schedule.
- Coordinated technical activities to develop and deliver business systems to meet business objectives and on-going perations. Created and updated Story Points in coordination with Product Owners and development team lead.
- Enabled the required interaction between the scrum team and product owners for resolving any impediments to project progress. Designed and developed testing documents as Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Procedure.
- Involved in various testing types like UI Testing, Functional Testing, User acceptance Testing, Integration Testing,
- Navigation Testing and Regression Testing on the application. Updated product backlog after sprint reviews.
- Analyze the business requirements with the Client, Create Test Case/ Test Scripts, and Prepare Test data.
- Adept at using both Manual and Automated Testing tools to troubleshoot systems, Positive and Negative, GUI and
- Functionality. Expertise in Automated Testing for functionality with Quick Test Professional and Quality.
- Center Excellent understanding of SDLC with experience in using AGILE methodology.
- Maintained burn down charts, sprint backlog and product backlog sheets; used all SCRUM rituals such as stand-up meeting, Sprint planning. Sprint review and sprint retrospect.
- Managed client relationship to ensure service delivery per milestone and overall performance
- Create Data Flow Diagrams (DFD) to depict the source-to-Target Mapping and Data Lineage Analysis.
Environment: SQL server, J2EE, JIRA, Confluence, Windows 7, Skype, Load Runner, Clear Quest, Oracle, db2, MS Office and UML Use Case, Agile/ Scrum Project effort.
- Analysed and collected business requirements identified system interfaces and created the requirements specification document.
- Worked on Moody's Pricing and Valuation Tools and Wall Street analytics for credit risk measurement and risk calculation.
- Used Moody's Fermat for credit research, risk measurement and valuation for the system.
- Responsible for cash and asset management of trust accounts including valuations of assets, collateral reconciliation and settlement of accounts
- Managing the cash balances and overall exposure for the fixed income funds daily.
- Interact with specialized units to provide meaningful quality measurements to ensure asset management procedures are followed and legal requirements are met.
- Experience in Security Master, Eagle Pace, Data Management, and data flows.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MSP by functioning as a subject matter expert with various mortgage servicers in new loan boarding and special loans mortgage products.
- Consolidate Trade Date and reconcile from across multiple settlement platforms like equity, bond market, derivatives and commodity market. Researched and resolved billing and invoice problems.
- Experience in Business Analysis (BI projects) for Financial Leasing, Lending.
- Translate complex business requirement into functional technical requirements using Pega Systems Smart BPM methodology and DCO tools
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with Pega System Administrators and Business Users, documented any issues or defects and eventually got sign off from the right parties.
- Prepared Business Context Diagram, Use Case diagrams and corresponding Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose to depict the workflows to be incorporated into the development of Pega Business Process Management (BPM) tool.
- Drafted project timelines and milestones and contributed to decks in order to socialize the business case for the portfolio monitoring system.
- Provide guidance/ to new staff (when required) on the Change Management process as documented in Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
Environment: MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Eagle Pace, Rational Rose, Pega, BPM SQL, UML, Fiserv Recon, Moody's Tools, Rational Unified Process, FIX, Test Director, Crystal Reports, MS Office, Bloomberg AIM.