- 10 years of experience with 8 years as Business Analyst and2 years as a Java/J2EE developer with strong Health Care, Retail, Public Services and Telecom experience. Designed systems for Public Services, Retail, and Health Care systems
- Proficient in Business Analysis, Requirement elicitation and documentation, Technical writing, Testing and coordinating meetings.
- Well versed with all the stages of Iterative Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and involved in implementing Rational Unified Process (RUP), along with Agile, Scrumand Waterfall methodologies.
- Well versed with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, reviews, walkthroughs, stakeholder interviews and project meetings.
- Performed GAP Analysis (AS IS to TO BE).
- Used VLOOKUP() function in MS Excel.
- Created wireframes in Balsamic.
- Used MS Visio for developing Cross Functional Flowcharts, Organizational Flowcharts, Process Flow Diagrams.
- Created Unified Modelling Language (UML) diagrams like Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams using Visio and Rational Rose.
- Knowledge of software analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of Java/J2EE web applications using Web Services (SOAP, WSDL).
- Strong understanding of Object - Oriented Architecture (OOA) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using web services.
- Extensively used SQL concepts and worked on different database tools like SQL Developer, TOAD,and databases like Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross-functional teams, ability to consistently meet project goals, excellent written/ oral communication skills and maturity to tie business requirements with project goals and milestones.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with exceptional ability to learn new concepts.
- Conducted review sessions on a regular basis with QA. Conducted shakedown, unit and smoke testing .
- Broad knowledge of Medicare , Medicaid , PPO , HMO , POS , diagnostic codes, claims process, and EDMS (electronic data management system).
- Strong experience and understanding of claims management process.
- Strong knowledge of EDI Claims, member enrollment, and billing transactions.
- Strong Knowledge EDI transactions, ASCX12 Transactions like 270/271, 276/277, 835, 837I and 837P.
- Hands on experience as an expert user of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Business Objects.
- Excellent understanding of Data Models and Information Architecture and sound skills in SQL.
Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, Lucid Charts, Balsamic, Rational Rose (UML)
Version Control: CVS, Rational Clear Case, Start Team, Perforce, Visual Source Safe
Task Management Tool: Rational Team Concert, Jira, Rational Requisite Pro
Methodologies: Agile, RUP, OOAD
Testing Tool: QTP, Rational ClearQuest, ALM/Quality Center
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix
Reporting Tool: Salesforce
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
Web/Application Servers: IBM WebSphere, IBM WebSphere Portal, WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache Axis
Suite: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for requirements elicitation, definition & analysis, Business process design and mapping.
- Played the role of a ScrumMaster in his absence in Agile environment to conduct Daily Scrum meetings.
- Used MS-Visio BPMN for developing Medicaid AS-IS and TO-BE business process flow, from Synchronous Information Sharing System to Asynchronous Information Sharing System.
- Support for, and documentation of, required changes to business processes in connection with Exchange Periodic Data.
- Created data requirements to extract data from HIX.
- Knowledge of HL7 and xml interface messaging.
- Actively participated in preparation of Sprint Backlog, Sprint Review meeting and Sprint Retrospective meeting.
- Provided suggestions and ideas more from a strategic and long-term perspective for each Sprint.
- Responsible for data mapping of HL7 messages into relational database.
- Worked with development and IT Infrastructure team to work on security requirements for web service calls.
- Worked in capturing requirements for module IFSV (Income Family Size Verification)
- Defined the data mapping values for data integrity and security through all the modules that interacted with BRMG i.e. ESB, EPD and IFSV.
- Conducted interviews with the clients for gathering requirements and evaluation/analysis of their data. Converted the business rules into user stories.
- Assisted in defining the initial common terminology to be used throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conducted walkthroughs and acted as a liaison between the business users, stakeholders and the team to perform requirements, quality and risk analysis.
- Documented and reported the progress to the management on an ongoing basis.
- Worked on fetching data from CDR via SQLqueries used in Submission Tracking Tool
- Created change requests in RTC whenever a ticket was raised to include a functionality from RTM
- Extensive use of Rational Team Concert for reviewing and analyzing and managing the user requirements.
- Maintained Traceability matrix throughout the project.
- Used Rational Clear Quest to maintain and track the requested enhancements by the stakeholders.
- Interacting with the development team to explain to them the various design documents: Business Use Case Model, Detailed Use Cases, and Vision Document.
- Creating detailed design of the system with the project team including class diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence and collaboration diagrams.
Environment: Scrum, Agile, UML, SQL Developer, Visio, Rational Team Concert, Rational Clear Quest, Windows, MS Office, HTML, Java, Oracle.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming and prototyping to achieve the following goals.
- Prototyped the automation and enhancement of the manual processes in member enrollment, terminations and reconciliation
- Designed process flows of EDI Transactions (Portal --> (HIX) --> Carriers) using MS Visio.
- Facilitated JAD sessions for Updating Member Billing capabilities / processes and reporting Updates to Delegate/Vendors Interfaces, Develop / Enhance Call Center and Customer Service Processes
- Analyzed and documented differences between the AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
- Ensured claims adjudication and processing is in accordance with EDI 835 HIPAA transactions set.
- Involved profoundly in comprehending revenue cycle management and claims processing between the provider and payer for EDI 835 and 837 transactions.
- Worked with Health Care Reform / Customer Service team to establish a dedicated Customer Service Model to address member needs at each point in the customer experience (pre-enrollment, during enrollment, post-enrollment etc.).
- Worked on different EDI scenarios for batch processing and ensured day-to-day EDI transmission reject tracking and Reconciliation.
- Prepared client process maps for the provider transactions for the Facets process.
- Designed and developed UseCase Diagrams for the Facets process modules.
- Working on SOA Web Service testing, using SOAPUI to test web service request and response between two ends.
- Tested the ability to store Identification number received from the Exchange and create a unique identifier for members received through the Exchange.
- Prepared UAT Materials, including the UAT Process, UATTestdocument which would include step-by step process for UAT as well as all the tests that would cover all requirements.
- Worked with IT in developing a new capability that will allow tracking new HIX membership’s alignment across their consumption and utilization within organization’s plans/products.
- Used RationalClearCase to keep different versions of the documents and RationalClearQuest to report bugs or defect.
- Maintained a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) in order to keep the clients and all the teams up to date with the current progress of the project.
- Designed the test plan and testcases, involved with reviewing defects reported from UAT efforts and analyzed for root cause and took actions based on the findings.
Environment: Rational Rose, Jira, Rational Requisite Pro, SQL Server, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), MS Visio, Windows, Java, Oracle, Agile, Facets.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Involved in creating a VBScript that was run to create each dispute registered on the North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) tolls.
- Consult with executive level stakeholders to define business need or problem.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to elicit requirements for preparing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) which defined the scope of work for the technical team
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Interacted with the development team and made sure the Technical Design Document(TDD) and Technical Specification Document (Tech Specs) were in alignment to the BRD developed
- On completion of every Sprint of Agile Development of modules, participated in presentation to the client the business goals achieved till date.
- Tracked the iteration process of development with requirements document and conducted Test reviews.
- Worked closely with project manager and other high management, producing workflow diagrams using MS Visio/UML.
- Identified and analyzed the data requirements for the various teams and made sure the data was available in different environments like development and production.
- Involved in project status meeting, QA review meeting and client update meetings.
- Interacted and coordinated with onshore and offshore team during the entire software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Produced documents for GAP analysis (AS IS to TO BE)
Environment: SQL Server, MS Visio, Java, XML, Struts, Hibernate, Jira, Eclipse, MS Word, SharePoint, VB.Net, HP Quality Center, Perforce.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Involved in design for new enhancements support & maintenance activities.
- Interacted with client to gather requirements and planning.
- Developed class diagram, sequence diagram by using Microsoft Visio.
- Developed Technical design document for the module I worked.
- Interacted in status update meetings with offshore team on a daily basis.
- Followed Agile methodology.
- Developed Technical Specification document for item creation and maintenance.
- Performed integration testing and regression testing.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
- Analyzed and Documented Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Documentation, and System Requirement Documentation, using UML methodologies
- Reviewed test scripts and made sure that the Test scripts covered all scenarios of the requirements.
- Created technical design documentation for the data models, data flow control process, metadata management.
- Logged defects into QC while doing Functional Testing and followed through the process until the defects were closed.
- Reviewed the Defects entered by the QA team and prioritized the defects and assigned them to the development team
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: RSA, Java, JSP, EJB, Struts, Design Patterns, Ant, Junit, Log4J, Web Services, SOAP, UDDI, WSDL, SQL Server 2000, Unix, Shell Script, TOAD, WebSphere
Software Engineer - Partner Relationship Management (PRM)
- Developed UML diagrams (Use Cases, Class & Sequence) on Rational Rose.
- Involved in high level design
- Developed Stateless Session Beans for Product module.
- Developed JSP to provide user interface for adding/editing information about product.
- Developed role-based Navigation bar by using XML.
- Performed activities like environment set up, code review, code refactoring, DB activities & Deployment.
Software Engineer - Customer Service Application (CSA)
- Worked on Arabization of the entire product.
- Performed bug fixing of the already existing product.
- Developed JSP to support Arabic language and format.
- Involved in Code Reviews as per Fagan's Inspection rules and ensuring code quality across module.
- Involved in UAT & maintenance of the multiple modules.
- Involved in code refactoring.