- Senior I.T. professional with 10 years of experience in business and systems analysis, requirements gathering, project management, risk management - SOX, legal and regulatory compliance and quality assurance.
- Experienced working for clients across industry verticals - Automotive Finance, Media, Telecom and Manufacturing
- Experienced with regulatory requirements adoption of US GAAP and IFRS through analyzing and documenting organizations’ existing business processes and post adoption impact(s) of the mandated revenue recognition guidelines.
- Advanced ability to gather/refine complex business requirements, recommend or make decisions on business requirements/interdependencies.
- Advanced ability to present complex positions and strategies for business decisions, processes and plans with expertise in analyzing corporate finance and financial accounting and reporting business processes in an ERP environment supported by Business Intelligence tools.
- Experienced with documenting business requirements, writing functional/technical specifications for end to end business processes viz. Procure to Pay, Record to Report, End Of Term Collections, Bankruptcy Processes, Legal and Statutory Reporting, U.S Securities and Exchange Commission Reports (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K)
- In-depth knowledge of Compliance principles and experience in conducting tests of adequacy of controls built around SOX and internal controls including documenting test results.
- In-depth understanding of the business architecture integrating mainframe systems to end user application (presentation layers) through multiple interfaces, application layers, data warehouse and data mart.
- In-depth knowledge of all the phases of software development lifecycle - Initiation, Requirements Gathering & Analysis, Systems Design, Development, Unit Testing, Systems and Systems Integrating Testing and UAT under Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experienced with creating and maintaining project plans and status reports and communicating with project stakeholders and steering committee
- Experienced as a subject matter expert (SME) analyzing business operations to determine automation opportunities through data analysis with SQL and custom queries.
- Advanced MS Visio skills in mapping As-Is business processes across applications and client server architecture and developing To-Be business processes based on finalized requirements and proposed technical specs (solution).
- Experienced in projects involving web based applications including dealer portals. Evaluating use of HTML or XML files for data transmission.
- Advanced ability to assess corporate impacts of changes and recommend strategies to senior management.
- Advanced ability to develop complex business cases and perform extensive User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals Confidential all levels.
- Developed system related procedures/manuals and provided system training to end users.
Business /Functional Skills: Business Intelligence Reporting Tools, ETL Tools, Oracle Peoplesoft Financials and Oracle Hyperion Planning, UML, Use Case Modeling, Workflow and Dataflow Management Tools / Applications
Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio
Project Management: MS Office including Microsoft Project and Share Point Bug Tracking/ Business HP Quality Center
Management tools: Operating System MS-DOS, Windows
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Business Systems Analyst
Environment: - Automotive Finance (Mainframe System), Clarity PPM, MS Project
- Managing system enhancements through changes to existing interfaces and by introducing new interfaces from mainframe system (AF) for effective collection of End Of Term lease charges.
- Tracking approved system enhancements through initiation - development - testing - UAT and deployment for adherence to organization’s monthly release schedule.
- Coordinating initiation and requirements phase of the project for deployment of a vendor owned configurable solution for collection and recovery of overdue lease and finance charges and bankruptcy.
- Updated system architecture for interface from DM to internal applications using XML files from earlier use of HTML files types for data transmission.
- Validated and finalized business and systems (technical) requirements related to GUI (Graphical User Interface) layer of the system architecture.
- Requirements for interfacing financial (transaction) data from Mainframe to vendor (external) applications through API.
- Requirements for real time update of data to vendor (external) applications through REST / SOP web services.
- California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 - Coordinating identification and collection of personal / specific data attributes. Data mapping for enhanced understanding of how and where personal/specific data attributes reside in structured and unstructured forms within the organization. Developing pre-defined templates in consultation and discussion with organization’s legal team. Conducting interviews with business process / system / application owners to complete pre-defined templates and checklists to identify and classify all data attributes considered personal. Providing scores to all identified data attributes to highlight impact / vulnerability areas for remediation on priority.
- Responsible for estimating and tracking total project spend - capital and revenue expense for projects to support captive finance applications of the organization.
- Estimating, forecasting and tracking total project labor, hardware and travel spend for monthly and quarterly reporting by cost centers and by department for new projects and production support.
- Tracking costs and performance, service levels and other metrics required to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
- Ensuring project control systems are in place in clarity and integrate project data for decision makers.
- Assisting unit and department managers to make sound economic decisions and optimize IT resource allocations by tracking inter-company charge back for projects.
- Coordinating with PMO team for preparing and delivering project documentation based on Waterfall and Agile methodologies of project management.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Lead Business Systems Analyst
Environment: - Mainframe Systems, BI - Datawarehouse, Datamart, PeopleSoft, Oracle Hyperion
- Gathered and documented complex business requirements from multiple stakeholders - Insurance Accounting, Insurance Analytics and Compliance for implementation of revenue recognition guidelines project using Waterfall methodology related to revenue from sale of vehicle protection plans, warranty plans and insurance product offerings.
- Consolidated, refined and documented end to end (As-Is) contract booking process from contract initiation / booking Confidential the dealer’s end until revenue reporting and mapping the process flow across multiple applications including mainframe systems highlighting interdependencies and process integration opportunities.
- Assessed, diagnosed and documented impact of proposed requirements and application logic across applications and systems to identify and document To-Be process flow across application layers.
- Documented business process design using VISIO for deferred dealer incentive plans in Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence environment (Layer) to facilitate and highlight business process automation opportunities.
- Created system requirements document to highlight data flow requirements from mainframe system to data warehouse layer to contain break down of amount from insurance products / vehicle protection plans to be recognized over the life such products.
- Impact analysis and documentation of requirements for creation of new general ledger accounts in PeopleSoft environment to recognize and book contract revenue according to revised revenue recognition guidelines for contracts with customers.
- Identified and documented new business rules and data mapping requirements based on chart of accounts to accommodate new account codes and related journal entries.
- Worked closely with IT to define and prioritize system framework requirements, identify potential risks, issues and system design needed to fully implement business requirements.
- Gathered and documented technical requirements for changes in SEC Reports and other statutory reports in Hyperion environment to comply with revised revenue recognition guidelines.
- Documented technical requirements for data handling in a BI data warehouse environment using BI and ETL tools.
- For SOX compliance - Designed test cases to test integrity of data across applications from booking initial contract amount to recognize amortized revenue and expenses.
- Documented requirements including custom SQL queries for data managed by LTAS application using Agile project methodology.
- Analyzed and automated property tax business process through As-Is mapping and suggested To- Be scenario using custom SQL queries and mapping functions and stored procedures.
- Assisted project manager with project management activities related to prioritizing requirements, budgeting and test planning activities
- Interacted extensively with development teams for tracking development progress and for ensuring correct requirements interpretation
- Interacted extensively with project testing team for planning test execution, test cases review and to provide inputs on achieving extensive testing coverage aimed Confidential replicating production scenarios to the maximum possible extent
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Sr. Project Analyst
Environment: - Clarity PPM, SAP, MS Project, HP Quality Center
- Project Budget Accounting - In-depth analysis and reporting of project cost - revenue and capital allocation, project actual charges against actual hours charged and allocated project budget.
- Executed reclass of charges within projects to achieve accuracy in project spend and budgeting.
- Managed Revenue & Marketing tactical projects and budget for schedule and scope adherence through different SDLC phases.
- Prepared project schedule, assigning tasks to team members and setting deadlines for each task.
- Created project plan and project schedule for seeking commitment form application owners and enabled project progress tracking.
- Communicated project status to multiple stake holders and project team through regular project team meetings.
- Maintained project deliverables that needed to be completed and handed off throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Created and maintained workflow in meeting minutes for decisions and approval impacting the project.
- Seek LOE (Level of Effort) in dollar hours from all impacted applications and validated the same against the allocated project budget.
- Planned specific projects meetings for overcoming obstacles of changing project objectives leading to change control / change management.
- Initiated and managed change requests based upon direction from the appropriate authority; communicated the impact of changes to appropriate personnel and allowed small changes to be managed with a minimum of overhead - financial and time.
- Worked with SQA teams for closing project defects to achieve release certification within the stipulated enterprise release timeline.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Business Systems Analyst
Environment: - PeopleSoft, Web-based custom portal
- Responsible for assessment, identifying and writing reports requirements per US GAAP and presenting recommendations to management for process integration opportunities.
- Responsible for understanding the business, technology and information architecture and mapping existing business processes, defining application configurations, and working with the business users to validate business reports.
- Responsible for defining and designing the incentives reports for categorization of selling and contra revenue expenses and integration with the existing incentives management system on JAVA platform-based internet application development.
- Gathered and documented business requirements for developing the real time web-based dealer portal using HTML/XML
- Automation strategy documentation to enable real time update of dealer inventory using web based and other applications
- Wrote business requirements to accurately record and report incentive spending dollars data in a timely manner and to properly match the spending to the period(s) in which revenue is earned.
- Achieved flexible enough data methodology that incorporated the incentive blended data rates of all programs, actual incentives taken, budgeted sales volume, projected sales and final contracted incentive dollars in a manner that minimizes variances while preserving the integrity of financial data.
- Responsible for preparation of the business requirements document and business functional summary document with the proposed To Be process maps, use cases and wireframe designs for implementing incentives management system on JAVA platform and integrating with the ERP system.
- Provided and prepared detailed project Design documentation and Functional Specifications and developed implementation plans.
- Organized meetings/sessions with client representatives to discuss the pain points and approach for improvements / enhancements to the application.
- Developed logical and physical data design documents and data models.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
Business Systems Analyst
Environment: - ASAP (Mainframe Billing App), HP Quality Center
- Responsible for understanding business and technological architecture and defining business logic and reporting requirement for prepay and post-pay plan offerings.
- Revenue Assurance - Responsible for designing of test cases and scenarios for testing revenue flow under ASAP application billing platform to G/L - A/R revenue recognition system thus assuring accurate and timely booking of revenue flowing from price plan charges, features, device type, fees and account adjustment across service offering by the operator.
- Responsible for gathering revenue reporting requirements for price plan change, tax category, and billing cycle reset for the subscriber across service offering by the operator.
- Responsible for designing and validating reports for dealer compensation data based on pre-approved rate of commission linked to respective plan data, rate, feature, device and market of the dealer.
- Designed test scenarios for testing and validation of the tax computation in customer billing across geographies in the ASAP application of the operator thus minimizing risk of revenue leakage.
- Participated in stakeholder discussions during Initiation phase and assisted in preparing the preliminary scope statement.
- Facilitated face to face, teleconference and web-conference meetings for requirement gathering and discussions.
- Organized and documented Use Cases, Business Rules and Functional Requirements for all system functionalities and ensured that critical requirements are not missed.
- Designed extensive Work Flows and Process Flows using Visio for AS IS as well as TO BE vision of the application.
- Reported project progress to the team, senior management and all stakeholders periodically.
- Acted as liaison between functional business units and application team managers to assist in defining Objectives, Requirements, Functions and priorities of applicable business system related projects.
Confidential, Carson, CA
Environment: - NEON - Inhouse Workflow Management Tool (JAVA based)
- Developed detailed analysis of user’s needs (business specifications, cost benefit analysis, etc.) Prepare required documentation (i.e. charts, workflow tables, etc.) and provided recommendations for the proposed accounts payable transformation solution.
- Assisted in translating customer requirements and use cases into actionable tasks that drive successful implementation of new and integrated processes.
- Responsible for process definition and mapping of the current “As-Is” Procure to Pay business process and proposed “To-Be” process in the transformed scenario on NEON and Java platform.
- Developed a standardized reporting procedure for management across business lines with business-critical information. These reports enabled increased business visibility and control leading to improved decision making.
- Provided procure to pay business process transformation solution for process optimization and process re-engineering and driving effectiveness in accounts payable process through automation.
- Responsible for requirement gathering, analysis, tool design and implementation of an in house procure to pay - (invoicing) tool - NEON assists, in translating customer requirements and use cases into actionable tasks that drive successful implementation of new tool and documentation.
- Responsible for Invoice Automation to automate data capture, typically increasing productivity by 15-50% and thus reducing the cost of transactions.
- Testing - Developed test plans consisting of scenarios, type of testing and number of cycles of testing required for the test module.
- Test Scripting - Understood test cases / scenarios, designs and developed simple scripts. Validated test script, seek review from lead and conducted peer reviews and updated accordingly in order to commence test execution.
- Developed system related procedures/manuals, and provided system training; performed analysis of user related queries, and contributed to knowledge base.
Environment: - SAP, MS Excel Reports
- Formulated accounting strategy for a business unit under Asia Pacific region Confidential - A leading global provider of operations, maintenance and construction services, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, property and defense sectors.
- Diagnosed the gaps in the existing process, identified opportunities for integration and implemented re-engineering initiatives in order to meet client and internal commitments on a continuous basis.
- Wrote business requirements under SAP environment to identify each site’s operational feasibility and profitability and in turn site supervisor's’ performance evaluation.
- Responsible for analysis of each expense component Confidential site level to provide management insight on supervisor’s comparative performance analysis.
- Formulated business logic to enable management decision on ideal internal labor deployment to external labor hire ratio.
- Responsible for defining business / accounting logic for analysis of aged WIP claims for appropriate reasons and to claim pending WIP revenue within statutory timelines.
- Transformed improvement of business process by reducing the WIP claim through making timely claims for completed and costed contract works thus moving maximum revenue from accrued revenue to booked revenue category.
- Monitored daily dashboards to prioritize for the day, weekly SLA review with the team and customer. Provided guidance and support to the team to ensure delivery predictability.
- Implemented career development and succession plan for the direct reports to ensured sustainable employee engagement and motivation within the team.
- Responsible for preparation of Training documents and management of process resources being trained on the processes.
Confidential, New York, NY
Environment: - MS Visio, MS Project
- Responsible for transformation improvements in finance, including processes, organization, and technology. Finance visioning and road map development, finance cost reduction, finance competency and organization design, and finance shared services and F&A.
- Responsible for process integration, harmonization/standardization in SAP and PeopleSoft environment.
- Created operational consistency across locations Harmonization (Standardization) of monthly book closing newsprint accounting business process across organization’s geographically spread business units.
- Analyzed the As-Is Accounting IT landscape and prepared To-Be requirements considering changes in organization structure.
- Evaluated existing Chart of Account structure and analyzed the future requirement.
- Wrote business requirements for different areas e.g., Accounts payable, Receivable, Fixed assets, Cash Management, General ledger and Reporting under PeopleSoft and Business objects environment.
- Wrote business requirements and defined business logic for computation of the monthly newsprint expense (newsprint, ink and plates) based on the newsprint reports received from presses and hypothetical consumption.
- Designed structures and fields for Monthly Newsprint Linage Variance Report and Weekly Advertising Flash Report.
- Designed and prepared MS Excel templates to enable upload of month end JEs (accruals, amortization and reclass) in PeopleSoft per the monthly close calendar.
- Defined business rules for Fixed Assets (Acquisition, Transfer and Retirement) and Accounting per US GAAP.
- Defined business rules and created reusable templates for Sales Tax, Use Tax and Property Tax computation, reconciliation and accrual in PeopleSoft environment.