- Around 8 years of IT experience comprising of Microsoft Dynamics AX experience which includes product development, support and enhancements, implementations, production support, configuration Management, Build, Deploy and Release Management for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 & R3.
- Highly involved in end to end implementation and support projects in MS Dynamics Ax 3.0, 4.0, 2009, and 2012 R2/R3 includes AIF, SSRS and EP.
- Around 5 years of experience in implementing, configuring, and customizing Microsoft Dynamics AX with 2 full life cycle implementations, analysis & production support.
- Good knowledge and X++ skills in Dynamics AX 2012 for developing Data Dictionary, Classes, Forms & Reports. Good domain knowledge in Enterprise portal, Finance and Project Modules. Responsible for creation and maintenance of Dynamics AX 2012 XPO and Model files from global teams and deploying it on the Staging and Production servers
- I am a positive and result oriented professional team player with expertise in interacting with Clients, Business users, Functional and Technical team to meet the project deadlines. I am self - motivated who thrives for challenges and is outstanding at projects implementation. Expertise in requirement gathering, analysis, documentation, implementation, configuration, design, developing unit test scripts, user acceptance test, troubleshooting, training, go-live and production support of Microsoft Axapta Technologies.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and isolating the issue quickly and taking actions resolutions and co coordinating with Microsoft consultants and developers, Functional Teams and Business Analysts, QAs and Business users.
- Projects expertise includes management of projects, transactions, budgets, setting up estimates, cost prices and sales prices, WIP, hour registration, cost templates, integration scenarios.
- FI expertise includes General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR), Fixed Assets (FA), Banking, Dimensions.
- Significant knowledge of Dynamics CRM Online, and the O365 platform as it pertains to feature sets that integrate with Dynamics CRM solutions.
- Worked extensively on creation of reports using SSRS, MorphX Reports.
- Experience in workflow automation processes in Finance, Procurement and administration activities, security using SOX compliances.
- Part of ERP Team supporting the Implementation and deployment of AX modules and configuring Dynamics AX Implementation Process.
- Providing in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics application and evaluates the customer's business processes against the standard Microsoft Dynamics functionality. Providing support to users during the implementation process of AX.
- Interface and collaborate with end users to ensure successful testing and deployment of system enhancements, integrations and configuration.
- Administration and maintenance of security profiles in Dynamics AX using SOX compliances.
- Expertise in technical gap fit analysis, technical solution design, code review and converting business requirements in actionable projects.
- Proficient in testing activities such as performance testing, regression testing, and integration testing.
- Hands on experience in AX 4.0/ AX 2009/ AX 2012&AX 2012 R3 versions.
- Implemented, deployed and supported AX solutions for customers with 1000+ AX users with multiple subsidiary companies and complex intercompany transactions.
- Extensively used AIF, Services, .Net BC in AX to integrate with .net and other third party applications.
- Well-versed in performance tuning using AX and SQL tools such as trace parser, profiler, database tuning advisor, coding best practices and others.
- Knowledgeable in SQL maintenance activities such as transactional replication, clustering, maintaining index fragmentation, SQL jobs, database backup & restores.
- Experience in configuring Linked Servers for communicating with databases in other SQL Server instance and other database products such as Oracle.
- Basic Programming skills in C, C++, C# and X++, with hands on experience in Layered Architecture, SSRS Reports, Workflows, AIF & Run Base Frameworks. AOT & Data Dictionary elements like Maps, Views, Queries, Relations, Menu, Menu Items, EDT and ENUMS, Classes and Forms, SSRS reports.Functional experience in configuration of finance and Supply chain Management (Trade & Logistics) modules.
Sr MS Dynamics AX Consultant
Confidential, Arcadia, WI
- As a Microsoft Dynamics AX consultant involved in designing new e-commerce solution using Magento e-commerce, Dynamics AX 2012 R3, AX Retail POS and Call Center functionality to support funeral service customer service and sales teams.
- Good functional knowledge on Manufacturing, Order to Cash (O2C) and Procure to Pay (P2P) process.
- Responsible for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Retail module Design high availability and Implement full life cycle of E-Commerce on Sitecore online store, SharePoint Farm and Brick and Mortar Retail Systems with SQL Server 2014 Enterprise with Always On deployment.
- Created, coordinated, and evaluated the financial programs of the Organization in setting strategic business and operational plans, annual activity plan, supporting information systems to include budgeting, developing financial and accounting policies and procedures, oversee financial management to include foreign operations.
- Involved in the implementation of Power BI Desktop for sharing dashboards and refreshing data from Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online), sales, marketing, and service personnel in your organization have a powerful new way to work with Dynamics 365 data.
- Main modules I worked with included: Inventory management, Product information management, Production control, Warehouse management, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable etc.
- Proactively or working with business units, create, maintain and deploy business intelligence reporting and dashboard solutions.
- Involved in configuration of General Ledger (G/L) module, Chart of Accounts and Financial dimensions based on the requirement with the help of advance rule Structure.
- Manipulated data using the AOT - Created Forms and Data Look-up Tables and changed the AX user interface using XML schema and X++ Code
- Created various reports for generating Dash boards using X++ and SSRS.
- Business Intelligence Suite (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) for SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2014.
- Design and developed SSIS packages, database objects, stored procedures and packages, views, tables, triggers and ETL code using coding standards and according to technical specifications.
- Involved in customer's business process evaluation, requirement gathering, Fit/Gap analysis for proposes suitable solutions, and scope definition.
- Involved in requirement gathering for Functional Design Document (FDD) based on sure step methodology.
- Proposed and track IT Application budget for ERP Microsoft Dynamics AX Customizations and Implementation.
- Added General Ledger to the chart of accounts, generating GL reports, Reconciliations, entering journal entries by using suitable financial dimensions etc. in Dynamics AX ERP.
- Responsible for the development phases of full-cycle Microsoft Dynamics AX implementations.
- Worked on AX security, adding users, providing access, restricting users etc.
- Expertise in SSRS Reports development and developed various reports across all the modules in AX.
- Successfully Designed, Implemented and administrating Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Retail Environment from Develop, Test, UAT, Stage and Production Environment with full high availability with load balancing configuration including SQL Always Feature.
- Configuring AOS Load balancing and AX cluster configurations,
- Deep understanding and configuring Retail Headquarter, Commerce Data Exchange which includes Real time service, Async Server/Client, Channel DB/Offline DBs, Retail Servers and Modern POS.
- Involved in the customization X++ Forms, reports and Database Objects.
- Dynamics AX Technical issue, performance tuning and troubleshooting, AX Database server maintenance and optimizing slow running AX jobs and DIXF jobs. Dynamics AX Security roles, duties and privileges development and customizations as per security and business needs.
- Installation and administration of Windows 2012 R2 Cluster with SQL Server AlwaysOn features. AX SSRS load balancing, Integration services and Analysis Service. Dynamics Management Reporters.
- Migrated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to Microsoft SQL Server 2005. Migrated DTS objects to SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) environment. Migrated Microsoft Analysis Services to SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- In charge of General Ledger (GL) and Handle monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger closing procedures.
- Configuration of main accounts, legal entities, intercompany transactions, accounting currency, reporting currency, Journal names and numbering system.
- Involved in configuration of Account Receivable (A/R), payment schedule, terms of payment, payment day, cash discount, method of payment, posting profiles, customers and customer groups and collection cases.
- Involved in customization of forms, SSRS Reports, mapping of reports, imported data from Excel to Dynamics AX.
- Involved in code reviews, prepared test cases and test plan reviews for functional requirement.
- Involved in security setup related solutions with Microsoft best practices in Security and performance.
MS Dynamics Consultant
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
- As a Microsoft Dynamics AX consultant involved in business process analysis, preparation of Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Gap-fit analysis reports, Functional Development Designs (FDD), Technical Design Document (TDD), Business process configuration, security setup Security keys and Configuration keys, user group permissions, deployment, data migration and production support.
- Designed order management and procurement solution for liquor distribution company based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) using AX 2012 R3, Legacy AX Retail POS and WMS. Implementation will include 14 companies across the UAE. Leading technical resources on development, testing and implementation of required modifications to address functional gaps.
- Analyze and monitor the company's operations against strategic business plan and budget and provide variance reports with recommendations for course
- Involved in configuration of Accounts Payable (A/P), vendors and vendor groups, methods of payments and cash discount.
- Created Workflows for Order Processing and General Ledger transactions.
- Manipulated data using the AOT - Created Forms and Data Look-up Tables and changed the AX user interface using XML schema and X++ Code.
- Responsibilities included Implementation, development and customizations of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, 2012 R2 in Finance, Trade&Logistics, and Production modules before and post go live.
- Project manager and functional consultant responsible for implementing new order management system for food distribution client. Worked along customer IT team to design and test integrations of Dynamics AX with external RetailX and Amphire order entry systems used by sales representatives, restaurants and grocery stores.
- Involved working with Order to Cash and Procure to Pay Functionality.
- Architected credit return order process using AX return order and workflow functionality for customers to submit credit returns and for sales managers to review and approve customer credits via mobile devices.
- Designed and implemented product recall system to quickly locate product shipped to customer, notify customers of recalled items and comply with federal recall regulations using AX warehouse functionality.
- Implemented a new vendor portal and processes to reduce non-value added product maintenance activities and improve collaboration with vendors to update product catalogs, product information and pricing.
- Created Proof of Concept for new automotive client implementation. Responsible for configuring product management, order processing and advanced warehouse modules in Dynamics AX.
Dynamics AX Functional Analyst
Confidential - Plano, TX
- Role spans from Business Requirements Analysis, Functional Design Documentation, Technical Design Documentation, Development, Testing and Deployment and oversee day to day operation and administration of Dynamics AX, Dynamics AX Retail POS and SQL.
- Involved in Implementation of General Ledger, AR and AP modules.
- Managed and participated in multiple concurrent projects involving both on-shore and off-shore teams.
- Conduct meeting with internal customers to determine requirement based on new project priorities, changes and system needs.
- Analyzed current business processes and created a proof of concept for automating business processes for the new Dynamics AX 2009 system for production management and calculating production costs.
- Proposed and designed a custom module for Jewelry Repair process that can integrate with AR, AP and Inventory Management using X++.
- Designed and architected on customizing AX Retail POS Customer creation and Warranty acceptance page to work with company business process.
- As a team member participate in full life cycle of Dynamics AX implementations and support for Dynamics Resources clients.
- Successfully upgraded from AX Retail POS R1 to R2 that involved AX also.
- Configured all database backup plans and make sure all running smoothly, and managed database logs.
- Responsible for Dynamics AX and AX Retail POS training of client business subject matter experts and end users.
- Troubleshoot software failure to determine causes for system failure as well as be responsible for ad hoc reporting.
- Developed a strong working relationship between IT and other teams (Finance, Sales, Marketing and Merchandising).
- Involved in User requirements, Use cases and detailed design documents for user requirements
- Involved in helping in Installation and configuration of Ax AOS (Application Object Server), Clients, Reporting Services.
- Working directly with the client in requirements gathering, identifying the Gap fits, suggesting the solutions for requirements, addressing the requirement as per Dynamics AX and walk through in AX for client approval.
- Customized AX forms & Reports using MorphX IDE, Visual Studio, TFS, X++, SQL Customized different areas of Purchase, Sales, Production, Quality, CRM and General Ledger. Documented business processes, business mappings for Axapta modules.
- Performed data import and export into Axapta from legacy system.
- Customization X++ Forms, reports and Database Objects. Worked on Installation and configuration of Dynamics Ax 2009.
- Unit testing, Debugging and code deployments to various environments. Created Ax Reports and SSRS reports for various financials using Microsoft Dynamics Ax Cues. Used in Data Transfer from external systems to Ax 2009; this involves using Ax Jobs, SSIS, SSRS.
- Responsible for writing the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and the Functional Requirement Document (FRD) for the application.
- Designed business flow diagrams and processes, which included processes in Staffing, job benefits, compensation grades and packages.
- Followed UML processes and standard operating procedures in developing Use Cases, Use Case diagrams and other supporting documentation.
- Defined Business processes and Proposed new or improved processes by Functional Analysis with validated new processes with the business process owners.
- Participated in impact and preliminary analysis in SDLC, and participated actively in their implementation using MS Visio, MS Project, MS Excel as Reporting Tool.
- Observed the standards and procedures established by the project office and tracked business needs during development phases in Business Life cycle.
- Created Technical Design Document from Functional Design Documents in Core HR, Benefits, Payroll and Time and Labor.
- Participated in data requirements/ process design sessions, data conversion, proof-of-concept, data analysis, audit compliance, regression testing.
- Used MS Excel and MS Project to plan and schedule task, milestones and integration fixes for migration from legacy system to Workday.
- Analyzed and presented data for regarding methods of improving workflow, coordinated group project efforts, reviewed outstanding task and issues, elevated program documentation for decision level and coordinated migration of Performance Historical data.
- Developed advanced reports from simple reports by using Calculated Fields, Sorting, Filtering Report Fields, providing Advanced Filtering Option, Creating Sub Filters and by using related Business Objects.
- Performed requirement walkthroughs with the Development and QA teams with the aim to develop testing strategies and test plans such that test cases reflect user needs.
- Involved in the meetings with business process owners, SME (subject matter experts), and Security Audit team for requirements gathering and verification stage.
- ERP - AX 6.2, MS Dynamics Ax 3.0, 4.0, 2009, and 2012 R2/R3.
- Reporting - Crystal Reports 9.0, MS BI, Cognos, TARGIT, Atlas.
- Operating Systems - Windows 98/2K/XP/Vista, 2003, 2005, UNIX, Linux.
- Databases - MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle,SSRS,SSIS,SQL
- MS Tools - MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Visio, SharePoint, .NET.
- Project Management and collaboration tools - MS Project, Eroom, and SharePoint.
- Development Tools: Morph X and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010