Business Analyst Professional with 8+ years of comprehensive experience in the field of Information Technology as a Business Analyst (Business, Process, Quality Assurance) supporting areas such as Project Management, Business Analysis, Business Process Design, Software Testing and Configuration. Worked on large time boxed projects with strong domain knowledge in Banking, Real Estate and Utilities Industries. Highly knowledgeable in ERP modules such as PeopleSoft, E Taleo and Content Management. Expertise in PeopleSoft Benefits Module, Talent Acquisition, and Compensation process. experience in testing PeopleSoft HCM applications (Core HR, Benefits, Time & Labor, Workforce Administration, Position Management, Job Data Job profile and Self - Service modules) and Online in-house-built integrated web-based applications.
Scrum Methodology: Agile Development, Sprints, User Stories, Sprint Backlog, Daily Scrum
Business Process Modeling: Bizagi, Signavio
Project, Portfolio and Demand Management: prioritization, approval process, reporting, issue/risk resolution, dependency identification, financial tracking, scheduling
PeopleSoft ERP: Application Designer, Group Query, Integration Broker, Synchronous/Asynchronous Services, Process Scheduler, Process Monitor Query building, People Tool, People Code, SQR, Batch Integration and Near Real Time Integration, Web Services API design debugging, XML,XSD,XPATH
Software Quality Assurance: HP ALM Quality Center across the SDLC phases
BUSINESS ANALYST COMPETENCIES:
- Experience working in the SOA environment and Web-portal application projects.
- Strong background in Agile development using SCRUM methodology in Sprints and has undergone Agile workshop by Mindtree Agile team.
- Experience in preparing Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Good understanding of document repository systems, Document retention policy, and applications like OnBase, working knowledge of reporting tools like Cognos ( Query Studio), conceptual understanding of ETL process.
- Expertise in identifying, developing and documenting Business and Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), organizing discussions, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and requirement elicitation sessions.
- Experienced in data analysis, Data Migration, Data Definition languages, validation, cleansing, and collection and reporting from various sources including databases, manual flat files, and external websites using PL/SQL queries.
- Expertise in using leading industry CASE tools like JIRA, QC (quality center) etc., to develop various project deliverables.
- Extensive experience in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) aspects such writing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Defect Reports, Traceability Matrices and Test Environments.
- Experience in Business Analysis Planning, Elicitation, and Requirement Analysis and Design definitions.
- Developed /maintained all project communication deliverables including roadmap, planning list, change request, timeline, budget, scope and requirements.
- Supported with testing effort and involved in preparing the functional test plans, test coordination, escalation, prioritizing the bugs and user acceptance testing.
- Experienced in performing Business Process Reengineering/Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Experienced in translating the business requirements into use cases using various external tools.
- Expert in Batch process Integration and Near Real time Integration
- Lead Offshore shore team (five members) in terms of project planning, deliverables, seamless communication through each phase of SDLC and ensuring deadlines were met.
- Single-point of contact for multiple vendor management and accepting vendor proposal and analyzing fit gap analysis between Confidential requirements and vendor deliverables.
- Expert in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio (Microsoft Suite) and Rational Suite
- Actively used Joint Requirement Planning (JRP)/Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirements gathering and brainstorming ideas.
- Worked extensively on ATS functionalities within PeopleSoft and ensuring smooth integration between ATS and Third-party vendor platform
- Tested extensively on Application Messaging, People Code, Application Engine, Integration Broker, Component Interface, Workflow, PS Query, SQR and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Technical Knowledge of Web Servers, Database Servers, and Application Servers.
- Experienced in managing On-site as well as Offshore Software QA Projects from concept through maintenance and providing on time deliverables with highest quality to the aggressive schedules.
- Experience in ERP Application Implementation, Integration implementations with Third party application software and within delivered vanilla version of PeopleSoft applications
- Extensively involved in the implementation of multiple HRIS application system with Third party vendors and inhouse applications.
- Dedicated, self-motivated who is committed to success and adapt to multiple tasks in a high-pressured environment.
- Good team player with excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Sr. HCM Business Analyst
Confidential, Roseland, NJ
- Responsible for developing innovative, scalable, highly interactive and engaging in-house chat bot application on an event-based system
- Technical Business Analyst responsible for the business process flows, user stories, and functional requirements deliverables for the Confidential Innovation Labs new, conversation-based application across mobile, desktop, tablet, and wearable devices
- Worked closely with a small team of front-end designers, data scientists, developers, and research specialists in defining light weight, yet compliant processes that make Confidential ’s new product, a chat-based bot application named ‘E’.
- Responsible for developing clear and consistent processes, user stories, and requirements for employees, managers, and practitioners - with input from the team as necessary.
- Design technical document, with relevant validation inputs and hand off to developers, defining event-based functional and technical specifications, workflows, and chat conversations that work across platforms.
- Work flow mapping, various event engine work areas with the right set of data value contributing towards a design document for the developers to code which is light and intelligent, and data driven.
- Analyzed competitor and vendor products to determine gaps and prioritize features
- Created technical and functional specifications for development teams
- Crafted user experiences that communicate exactly the right message to the right person at the right time by wire-framing user-friendly conversation diagrams on OmniGraffle based on deep understanding and experience with global HCM processes.
- Conversation wire-frames are actual chat bot application design that interacts with a human and captures the human requirement and gives solutions.
- Work extensively with off-shore QA team in testing through the testing life cycle.
- Work and deliver in fast paced agile environment on 1-week sprint cycle.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Madison, NJ
- Work in an extremely complex Real Estate Financial Brokerage application that is responsible for managing the financial dealing of real estate agents and company brokerage commission across the nation.
- Work in an agile scrum team as Business Analyst/Proxy Product Owner across multiple business stakeholders scattered across the nation
- Work very closely with the Data Architect/DBA team ensuring data migration happens in an appropriate way from the legacy to the new system.
- Ensure data standardization is maintained across systems by validating legacy and new system entities within the data models
- Created and defined precise data definition languages for complex metadata in the database system.
- Work with business SME’s on gathering and eliciting requirements, analyze them within the scope of the new system and create Epic/User stories within the product backlog.
- Work closely with Cognos reporting team ensuring the appropriate reporting happens at the enterprise level.
- Expert analysis on current business process and perform GAP analysis ensuring and proposing optimization of process efficiency at all level across the business workflow.
- Validate data efficiency by writing SQL queries at moderate level to extract data.
- Categorize data requirements and data quality and perform ad-hoc analysis if required.
- Gathering requirements from business SME and create a working BRD /FSD which further is utilized with the development team for a Technical Master Design document.
- Ensure requirements are accounted for in a functional document and design traceability matrix for every user story against the BRD requirements.
- Work closely with Application Development team and DBA team ensuring technology and data base needs are met with for the business requirements.
- Active participation in sprint story telling sessions, story pointing sessions and lead pre-story telling session with development team .
- Responsible for the gathering and documenting of client data requirements for both the new application. Work in a diverse and dynamic environment with a team of business analysts, project managers, QA analysts and developers.
- Work with Project Managers and Engineering leads to determine scope and effort required for data handling.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to answer business questions and guide stakeholders on data best practices.
- Create and update defect tracking logs and works with development teams and users to ensure that all defects are resolved. Perform root cause analysis and successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Create and design Mock ups for demonstrations to business and targeted stakeholders.
- Responsible for integration effort of multiple applications across the project.
Sr. ERP/PeopleSoft Analyst
Confidential, Hanover, MD
- Worked as a member of the Enterprise Business systems team, supporting both the Time and Labor products within the ESA / Pay Bill team. These systems include Oracle PeopleSoft’s Time and Labor as well as Time and Expense module and other enterprise level Commercial Off the Shelf products as supported via cloud solutions and managed services .
- Responsible for being a product expert on Time capture and Allegis groups Time applications, specially PeopleSoft Time and Labor.
- Partnering with rest of the agile team to gather requirements and define stories for development, assist in testing, coordinating changes and maintain business processes for various projects from initial phase to final implementation assuring both business and technical and technical requirements meet defined standards
- Partnering with Product Owner as primary point of contact for requests and research and coordinate responses considering the systems and business processes within the assigned service area.
- Key member of the Product delivery team interacting with the Product Owner, Application developers, scrum master, third party vendors, Enterprise and Domain Architects and QA testers for full life cycle of projects and sprints .
- Analyze business processes and needs and assist in designing and documenting solutions through writing stories and tasks while working with Products Owner to build out and maintain Product backlogs
- Understand the strategic direction of delivered product features and related business processes as well as any changes.
- Lead process analysis-related Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) activities, including, but not limited to user story definition and management, requirements elicitation and defining related Acceptance Criteria.
- Participate in and support the other SDLC processes, including process model development, design and code reviews, UAT and manage the defect resolution process
- Manage the remediation process for reported product defects, including coordination with development and business point of contact, triage and troubleshooting steps, testing to validate resolution, and communication of closure.
- Worked closely with PeopleSoft Payroll North America Team to assist, validate and troubleshoot integration related issues between PeopleSoft Time and Labor and Payroll NA.
- Work closely with PeopleSoft Finance team to assist and validate integrations between PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleSoft Finance.
- Responsible for tracking and managing the requirements in VersionOne
Sr. Business System Analyst
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Worked in an Agile Environment as a lead BAPM handling SRCM Research Technology division within the BAPM scope
- Responsible cross functionally across teams that manage Sales Research and Client Management within the Research Technology and Capital Markets Line of Business
- Responsibility includes and not limited to scheduling hosting and leading daily calls on upcoming release status, defect calls, project timeline scoping and work hands on within multiple projects
- Handled multiple projects dealing with ENT (Research Entitlements applications systems integration), MIFID II Regulations, GEMS Application, CRM application, Application based on Mobile Apps, Automation of inhouse legacy systems
- Requirement management, tracking user story bucket on a daily basis on Visual studio Microsoft TFS. Determining complexity and criticality of requirement and assigning to developer as per release urgency
- Project deliverables include active participation with Business and Product owners across the globe, gather requirements, analyze requirements, brainstorm with technical team on delivery timeline and plan of creating user buckets for each release on a monthly basis.
- Lead GEMS application enhancement and new requirements (Global Events Management System), an inhouse application that interfaces with several upstream and downstream application within Global Markets Line of Business for scheduling managing BOA Global conferences between Investor company. Issuer Company and Employees.
- Worked closely with CRM team, managing various upstream and downstream report data that Gems feeds into and gets fed into Gems
- Worked closely with developers designing user friendly UI on Snagit Editor for mock ups and wire framing and walk through with business for their buy in.
- Worked closely with Project Manager in helping design various standardized templates for documents across each SDLC within the line of Business for the purpose of adherence to compliance.
- Responsible for extensive testing efforts along with QA team located offshore and help them with UAT testing.
- Created test cases and completing SIT Testing of multiple projects on various research technology applications across BOA.
- Assisted developer create design and sign off Technical design documents which will be the backbone of every project within Research technology application. Work with functional and technical teams creating Functional spec document, Traceability Matrix for accountability of each Business requirement being transformed into a functional requirement.
- Worked closely with Mobile Apps teams for system integration between GEMS (legacy event marketing application) and Kiosk app, an iPad app used by invitees and attendees from Investing or Issuing companies during Global Markets Conferences hosted by BAML.
- Responsible for creating, designing screen mock ups, user friendly UI designs using Snagit Visio, PPT.
- Responsible for Various Research Platform technical testing based on User permissions, roles based on Client, User Group, Content group, Entitlements, analyzing automation of rules within each systematic application and testing entitlements within multiple user rights.
- Worked closely with each division within SRCM application group to understand as is end to end business process and analyze better opportunities on automating certain checkpoints that are still manual to make transaction at each level more robust and cost effective.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
- Work closely with the Dev team (Ktech) and Product Owner (Business) in gathering requirements, analyzing requirement and reviewing them back and forth with ketch resources and business
- Create User stories and stack in against Product backlog
- Work on TFS (Microsoft Team Foundation Server) to create user story, ensuring the backlog is being worked upon according to release priorities.
- Work closely with QA team along with QA director and QA lead onshore and multiple offshore QA
- Analyze with technical team project scopes on various ingestion process countrywide
- Handling and prioritizing multiple projects along with Project management
- Work on project scope and solutions
- Work closely with Data scientists on projects that requires the technical team to parse huge data from Government websites and ingest into the RPS database.
- Single point of contact between Confidential Technology and Project sponsor/business to assist in driving requirement and ensuring deliverables meet the targeted dates.
Sr.Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Environment: PeopleSoft HCM 9.2/8.9 Core HR, MSS, ESS, T&L, Leave Tracking, People Tools, CEB application system, Oracle, SQL, People Code, SQR, Application Engine, PS Query, HP ALM Quality Center, Java, .net, Java script
- Understanding, Analyzing Requirement from the Business and partner with business to assist in designing BRD.
- Partner closely with the development team assisting in building Technical Design Document (TDD) from the Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Followed Agile project management methodology.
- Extensively involved in project management activities using PMO tools - PMUWS (Project Management Universal Workstation)
- Extensively used Document Management system (DMS) as project document repository.
- Expertise in application change management tool (PHIRE), a PeopleSoft platform.
- Managing Project scope(in scope/out scope - addition and deletions) with multiple stakeholder.
- Identifying risk areas within the project scope by working closely with risk and compliance team.
- Team and partner with Functional business leads to analyze, review and finalize BRD and establish seamless flow of information between Business and technology teams.
- Lead offshore QA team for testing purposes, right from system testing through UAT
- Create, design and documents like functional specification documents, assist development team in creating TDD (technical design document), design and own Change Request documents for management change requests in project life cycle
- Adept usage of workflow diagrams, Process and Data flow diagrams, use cases, user stories, documentations and visual diagrammatic representation of business process maps.
- Heavy Data Analysis and ensuring testing team has no bad data by sifting through data using query languages (Pl/SQL)
- Designing, analyzing, testing multiple projects requiring Batch/Near Real Time Integrations with PeopleSoft Application and third-party Vendors (CEB Talent Central, TMP Worldwide, Kiran Analytics Cloudcords)
- Driving technical solution along with team of developers and architects supporting the need of Selection and Assessment team in launching the third-party assessment product via webservices Integration
- SOA integration between PeopleSoft Recruiting Solutions and CEB Talent Central assessment systems
- Good Understanding of XML schema (XSD), XPath, XML attributes.
- Establish JAD sessions on calls, taking MoM, and ensure FSD, TDD and all other business documents have the right set of updated information.
- Adept with Business process analysis, Fit Gap Analysis, Data Analysis, QA analysis
- Single contact resource for vendors across the globe for any Integration related issues in Application
- PeopleSoft Integration specialist for any Application Integration related issue with vendor, business and technology.
- As a Technology Systems Analyst, responsible for projects involving Batch integration and Near Real Time Integration and troubleshooting issues whenever reported by Business/QA Onshore /offshore.
- Lead Analyst for offshore QA efforts
- Work closely with Middle tier team on Third Party Hosting solutions issues for real time Web services Integration transaction ensuring Internet security compliance and data protection is adhered to.
- Troubleshooting technical issues related to outbound and inbound PeopleSoft transactions by querying database
- Extensively worked on PeopleSoft reporting solutions using People Query and SQR
- Key leader in driving multiple projects towards successful completion by adhering to BA standards and ensuring project deliverables are met and timelines are on track. Updating business on every project progress and taking lead for Change request that comes along and adding to project scope successfully
- Working closely with the Middle Tier team for inbound and outbound data transactions to and from Third party vendor and PeopleSoft Application. Middle tier team uses Data power, an IBM product for providing security to service oriented architecture (SOA). resources from different teams in business in technology and integrations related application and conduct Live Demo to the business on the functionalities of Application as and when development progresses.
- Run Batch processes on Application Engine ensuring batch integration works smoothly
- Use Application Designer for queries, search for Pages, Menus and Component.
- People Query for Data analysis, Expertise handling in Process Monitor, Process Scheduler, and Integration related Asynchronous and Synchronous services.
- Working on Cloud Cord Applications of Kiran Analytics for Integrations between PeopleSoft Recruitment module and Applicant assessment. Leading team for near real time integrations between Recruiting Solutions and Talent Central, a global assessment application by CEB ( Corporate Executive Board)
- Designing Test strategy, test plans, design scripts, Manage Defects on the basis of priority, on HP ALM (Quality Center)
- Execute Batch process for Integration using Run Control ID and ensure successful execution
- Involved in integration testing between PeopleSoft HCM and third party vendor application
- Validation of converted test data via developing SQL’s to check for data integrity issues.
- Involved in all phases of functional testing, system testing, integration and UAT testing.
- QA Lead for offshore testing team from creation of test scenarios and defect management (QC)
- Extensive test on Confidential ’s new Video application on Candidate Gateway Job Application Page.
- Involved in integration broker testing to send/receive messages real time from PeopleSoft HCM to CEB Talent Central application via Java/JMS system and Monitored service operations message status (publication and subscription messages) using Asynchronous Monitor.
- Creating new test scripts and testing various customizations/enhancements with HR, eService, T&L Benefits
- Validating, understanding and analyzing third party vendor API design documents to fit Confidential ’s design needs in implementation/upgradation.
- Managing and responsible for inbound and outbound data transaction from a banking domain to third party vendors. Debugging, analyzing and compare multiple files in multiple formats such as xml, txt.
- Working very closely with Systems Security Analyst and analyze the right PeopleSoft security roles are granted to the users. Work very closely with PeopleSoft Recruitment security team analyzing Roles. Permission lists, Dynamic assignment of roles, static roles.
Confidential, Princeton, NC
Environment: MS Project 2000, MS Visio 2002, MS Excel, S Rational RUP, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, HP QC, .NET, C++, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Peoplesoft HR, FileNet
- New Medical Insurance requirement gathering and maintaining the documentation process as per the standard.
- New 401 K interface requirement gathering and maintaining the documentation process as per the standard.
- Business requirement gathering for Peoplesoft Talent Acquisition module customization.
- Involved in Gap Analysis, Process Flow diagram, and various other Process Modelling with the technical solution team.
- Worked on PeopleSoft Interface Integration (Job Profile Manager Non person Profile updating the Job Code table utilizing near real time messaging under Integration Broker using custom subscription added to the service operation. The subscription reads the published profile and adds the qualifications and Job expectations to the Job Code table. A change to Required Qualifications, Job Expectation and Desired Qualification under Recruiter Qualification page to trigger the Integration process to Job Code table.
- Worked on Benefit module of PeopleSoft for enhancement changes
- Followed Agile project management methodology with the emphasis in User Stories, product backlog and leading each sprint iteration.
- Involved in PeopleSoft Testing, Requirement Gathering, PeopleSoft 9.1
- Manage and handle Benefit providing vendors at all stages of implementation.
- Working on effectiveness method.
- Supported in the implementation, communication and administration of either annual or long-term incentive plan for all eligible employees, ensuring alignment with business objective and shareholder interests.
- Extensively carried out Requirement Elicitation through various elicitation techniques like, Focus Groups, Brain Storming, Interviewing Workshops, Use cases, and work flow analysis
- Heavy Vendor management
- Interacted with various members at the management level to understand project scope analysis in order to prepare Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) for relevant data report.
- Assessing impact of the change on people and organization structure.
Confidential, Park Ridge, NC
Environment: Windows XP, Windows 7 MS Office Suite including Visio, SharePoint, MS Outlook, FileNet - CMS, OpenText RightFax, SVN, PL/SQL, Triggers, Stored Procedure.
- Involved in gathering business requirements for the migration of custom scanning solution built on FileNet Capture.
- Creating Project Planning as per Business Requirement.
- Involved in end to end Implementation of migration of custom scanning solution from FileNet capture 4.1 to 5.2 .1
- Involved in gathering business requirement and writing BRD for Custom search application for document retrieval from FileNet repository.
- Followed Agile project management methodology in SDLC.
- Involved in making Functional Requirement Document for technical team to understand requirement
- Involved in gathering requirements for new BatchTypes and writing Business Requirement Documents.
- Involved in gathering business requirements for building new web based indexing application.
- Involved in gathering business requirement for several document loaders in FileNet Repository.
- Involved in gathering new requirements for customization on documents loader jobs.
- Ran Focus Group session, Requirement workshops, Brainstorming session, JAD session with multiple stake holders to speed up requirements gathering.
- Built Use cases based on BRD.
- Conducted Structured Walkthrough meetings ensuring requirements are reviewed verified and validated
- Writing Business Requirement Document (BRD) or Functional Requirement Document (FRD)
- Setting up Test cases and Test plans in coordination with QA leads/ Testers.
- Communicating the need for change to the business users.
- Ensuring the users are well adjusted to the change from legacy to new system by them on the new system, process and proper end to end communication.
- Basic understanding of SQL Queries.
- Creating Scenarios and Use Cases
- Setting up plans with technical team for deployments in DEV, UAT and PROD.
- Good understanding of SDLC and Agile model of development.
- Extensively used JIRA as defect tracking tool to log defects from DEV, UAT and PROD environment.
- Assisted the Project Manager and lead Business Analyst in creating and presenting material for over 200 users.
- Managing source code in SVN.
- Assisted Project Manager in uploading and managing project documents in SharePoint.