- An innovative and a dynamic Business Analyst, having 8+ years of extensive experience in Agile as well traditional approaches.
- Possess a successful background in Business Analysis, Business Modeling, Requirement Gathering, Technical Documentation and Software Validation.
- Recognized as a hands - on, pro-active, troubleshooter who can rapidly identify business problems, formulate strategic plans, initiate change and implement new process in challenging and diverse environments.
- Exceptional ability in writing Requirement Document Specification using CASE Tools like Rational Suite.
- Strong experience working with different Agile Project Management tools like JIRA, Rally, Confluence and Sharepoint.
- Extensive experience in working closely with Product owners, Directors, Implementation Managers and VPs in client facing roles.
- Extensive Knowledge in Requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, integration deployment, documentation and maintenance of IBM Mainframe applications
- In-depth knowledge and experience of analyzing AS-IS business process, creating To-Be business process; conducted feasibility study, cost benefit Analysis and risk analysis (both business and technical)
- Excellent knowledge in Data Analysis & Reporting, Data Visualization & Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification & identifying Data mismatch
- Experience in BI Reporting tools like Tableau & PowerBI to create Visualization Dashboards & Worksheet
- Experience in using tools like Rally, Jira, TFS (Team Foundation Server), MS Project and MS Excel to generate various reports about team performance and metrics for the executive management
- Transformed waterfall teams into high performing, cross functional, Agile teams (Scrum, Lean and Kanban)
- Over 4 years’ experience working in Hadoop ecosystem with good knowledge of Hadoop framework, Hadoop Distributed File System(HDFS), Parallel Processing Implementation
- Excellent Business Writing skills in writing Business Requirements Document(BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Systems Requirement Specifications(SRS), Data Requirements and Workflows
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning (JRP), Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions. Skilled in gathering user requirements by performing GAP Analysis
- Experienced in Scrum, Agile, RUP, Lean, Kanban, SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), Hybrid and Waterfall best practices
- Having the know-how of web technologies like SOA Framework, SOAP, Web services, WSDL, REST, MVC and three-tier architecture
- In-depth understanding of project cost planning, continuous improvement, defect elimination, and Lean Management, empowering organizations to deliver business value and attain business objectives
- Created Project Charter, Work breakdown Structure(WBS), RACI MATRIX and assisted Risk analyst in creation of Risk register
- Expert at driving the adoption and enforcement of Scrum rules, removing impediments and fostering self-management
- Highly proficient in working with Project Management tools like JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint, CA Rally, MS Project. Created scrum burn down, burn up artifacts, Expectation charts for reporting status to higher management, and tracking team performance, velocity, user story completion. Validated completed stories using Definition of Done, tracked user story & Impediment accountability
- Experienced in facilitating and defining the entire Testing life cycle and experienced in preparing documentation for the User Acceptance Test (UAT) plan
- Proactively participated in the testing phase, involved in creation of Test Plans and Test Cases. Took part and supervised Black-box Testing, System and Integration Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing
Track and Monitor: Sprint Cycle metrics and process workflows, Extensive Scrum Ceremonies and Product Backlog Refinement/Grooming skills
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Excellent communication skills
SQL Server: MySQL, Oracle 11g
Technical Documentation: System Requirements Specification (SRS), Functional Requirements Documents (FRD), Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, System Design Documents, Acceptance Criterias
Knowledge of various Agile Frameworks: Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe.
Agile Management Tools: JIRA, Visual Studio, Confluence, Rally, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Access, Skype for Business, WebEx, Tableau, Power-Bi for visualization
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Sr. Business Analyst
- Monitor flow of Mortgage factors and processing which happens each business day (BD) and calendar day (CD) events
- Monitored the business issues for any Reg-B/Reg-Z compliance, HMDA Regulatory Compliance
- Working with business to analyze any incoming P1 incidents, triaging the issue, testing in lower environments, identify the root cause and fix the issue
- Actively attending ASG Calls, perform health check and daily validations for all the applications, participate in periodic meetings and maintain all applications for production and plan appropriate various strategies
- Track production issues and report periodically to group charged with monitoring uptime and efficiency of production application
- Actively triaging downstream issues, working on various files that are used for business reporting and generating year end reports
- Working with App-dev (AD) teams to prioritize recurring issues, creating stories and tracking defects, working on a permanent fix, assisting L3 teams in building automation tools for faster execution of known issues.
- Hands-on experience with SQL queries and UNIX commands, handle User Queries /Issues in Business Objects
- Diagnose connectivity issues relating to middleware applications across multiple database sources.
- Develop and maintain interactive dashboard in Splunk to track daily/monthly transactions, updates/trends, and data quality based on business requirements.
- Generated daily reports of Business/Infrastructure tickets to keep the ticket count in check and work with team to take ownership tickets.
Environment: MS Office, HPSM, Netcool, Adobe Chat, Linux/Unix, Putty/SuperPutty, Sharepoint, JIRA, Confluence, Service Now, Splunk
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Conduct requirements, gathering and scope definition with non-technical user constituencies and create documents/plans that translate those requirements for a technical audience of Developers and Testers as required
- Created Functional Specification Document (FSD), Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Led projects using Agile methodologies, including SCRUM, Scaled Agile, Kanban as required
- Worked with Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters and Project Managers of different teams with various levels of maturity to influence cultural change throughout the organization to adopt Scrum and its best practices. The forum also provided an opportunity to express challenges, opportunities and constraints
- Assisted my development team in analyzing data generated from legacy Mainframe; also analyzing the reports generated and understanding the AS-IS system
- Ensured that the projects undertaken, adhere to frameworks, and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Worked with SME’s to understand various asset and security classes, exchange traded derivatives (such as futures, forwards, equity options, index options), OTC (credit default swaps, interest rate swaps) and portfolio allocation
- Assisted the scrum teams on user story writing, story slicing, prioritization & estimation, task definition, Definition of Ready & Done
- Helped in creating System Design Documents that helped the clients to understand system from an end user perspective
- Performed feasibility and risk analysis to identify business critical areas from the user perspective based on capital market risk in various securities, and derivatives that enable investors to analyze and rebalance portfolios
- Coached the Development Teams and teams-of-teams in self-organization, continuous improvement, cross-functionality, risk identification, dependency management, conflict resolution, and software craftsmanship
- Ensured API Testing is done to verify message flow and documented JSON, XML request/responses for REST API using Postman for the future .
- Worked closely with the Business stakeholders and Product Owner for work prioritization and defining the short term and long-term roadmap for the team
- Used JIRA to track defects, report defects, writing user stories, linking documents using Confluence and maintain log for the system
- Used Tableau for generating reports and visualizing data using charts like donut charts, pie charts, Histograms
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Functioned closely with the corporate business team, control teams and technology teams to understand the end to end business process, data security, regulatory, pre and post trade compliances
- Interacted with different business groups and performed GAP Analysis to understand the current system and the goals of the desired system to be built
- Worked with product owner to develop requirements work plans, initial story estimates and interacted with tech leads to identify task dependencies
- Involved in creating Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Processing Models and Class Diagrams for giving the stakeholders a diagrammatic approach of how the system is executed.
- Partnered with product owner in writing user stories and conducted user story writing sessions to decompose EPICS into user stories and determined Acceptance criteria for user stories
- Assisted product owner in Sprint Review meetings by facilitating product demos and backtracking them to the requirements to determine when it is DONE and shippable
- Conducted Sprint Demo wherein the team would present the developed User Stories to the stakeholders and ensured that the stories would pass in the first presentation each time
- Organized Scrum of Scrum meetings and reported team metrics (team velocity, burn down rate, risk and mitigation plans) to the Directors and VPs
- Ensure co-ordination of UI Development work using RESTful APIs & JSON Web services to communicate on Client server-based architecture, prepare required API documents after API testing is completed
- Assisted QA team in creation of Test cases, Test plans, Test scenarios and maintained requirement traceability changes throughout the project life cycle
- Performed functional walkthroughs for users, helped them understand the application, and assisted them in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) - environment setup, daily status update, defect tracking management, and generating summary report
- Created Tableau dashboards using advance charts, drill downs, stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots to gather key business insights
Environment: & Tools: Water fall scrum hybrid, HP Quality Center, Rational ClearCase, XML, Rational rose UML, Selenium, JIRA, MySQL Server, Mockup screens
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Worked on analyzing the requirement to setup a Hadoop cluster and different big data analytic tools including MapReduce, Hive and Spark
- Identified SME's in technology controls team for Risk and Control toolset and Service management toolset for integration/migration efforts
- Implemented SparkRDD transformations to map business analysis and apply actions on top of transformations
- Prepare the user stories, technical documentation and prioritize the tasks and work through SCRUM/Agile process
- Experienced in developing custom input formats and data types to parse and process unstructured and semi structured input data and mapped them into key value pairs to implement business logic in MapReduce
- Used SQL queries to make sure that the extraction process did not provide duplicate data or redundant data in the source and all unnecessary columns are removed as per the business requirements
- Involved in creating data transformation stories which talk about what fields should be included in the data set
- Assisted in Data modelling, Data Staging and Data Integration process. Helped in performing ETL from current OLTP to the target data warehouse and created Data Mapping documents
- Created source to target mapping specifications document and validated the data fields, data types, and data integrity by wring quires such as joins, unions etc.
- Involved in API documentation for SOAP and documented XML request and responses using Postman
- Assisted in performing various testing activities like Functional testing, Smoke & Sanity testing
- Created Data presentation stories that talk about moving the transformed data to Dimensional data store (Presentation layer) so that BI teams can use it for reporting via Tableau
Environment: & Tools: Scrum, Hadoop, Tableau, Hive, Spark, Visio, MS Visio, Mockup Screens, HP ALM, Balsamiq, JIRA, Confluence, Linux, HDFS
- Involved in all phases of Software Development lifecycle including requirement gathering, system design & development
- Research and recommend suitable technology stack for Hadoop migration considering current enterprise architecture
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Hadoop
- Experienced in loading and transforming of large sets of structured, semi structured and unstructured data
- Experience working with multiple development approaches for internal and externally developed applications as well as packaged applications including waterfall, and Agile Scrum.
- Fixed defects as needed during the QA phase, support QA testing, troubleshoot defects and identify the source of defects
- Developed custom data Ingestion adapters to extract the log data and click stream data from external systems and load into HDFS
- Interacted with multiple teams in understanding their business requirements for designing flexible and common component
- Extensively used SAS Tools and SAS procedures such as FREQ, REPORT, SORT, PRINT, SUMMARY, MEANS for data analysis
- Created complex SQL Queries to verify the provision changes for business requirements and perform Database testing
- Logged and tracked the defects using HP Quality Center and created an error repository to support QA team in testing, tracking defects and systematically manage defects and bugs
- Involved in web services using JSON for creating documents based on the business information using REST API
- Generated Data Visualizations, tables and data listings using Data steps, Proc SQL, SAS Graph, Tableau and Pivot tables
Environment: & Tools: Agile (SAFe), Salesforce CRM, MS Project 2013, Tableau 10.1, MySQL database 6.3, XML, HTML, HTTP, SOAP API, CA Agile, Informatica Power center 9.6.1
Business Analyst/ SQL Developer
- Ensured that the Regulatory Risk Management compliance are being practiced
- Responsible in requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of any enhancements in the application
- Coded complex SQL queries to retrieve data from the database depending on the need
- Perform XML operations for data extracts, data retrieval and data storage
- Analyzed the data needs for the customized reports. Mapping the data requirements developing Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, Materialized View and Triggers.
- Created and modified several views on tables, which will be populating the Warehouse system. Also involved in creation on aggregate materialized views on Data Warehousing
- Experience in developing various kinds of triggers and used sequences to generate values for surrogate keys in data warehouse tables
- Assisted my development team in Mainframe application design, development, testing implementing using COBOL, CICS, DB2 and testing IMS based applications
- Extensively involved in writing and managing PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, triggers and packages to meet the business requirements and update the existing objects based on change requests
- Experienced in creating various types of reports such as complex drill down & drill through reports, Matrix reports, Sub reports and Charts using SSRS based on client
- Understanding the business logic to modify existing SQL Code and Performance Tuning, indexing, table partitioning
Environment: & Tools: Waterfall, MOSS 2007, SharePoint Designer 2007, InfoPath 2007, Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2008.