- Over 9+ years of experience as Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modelling and Business Analysis in Energy and Insurance industries.
- Strong experience in facilitating the Agile sessions with team members and document BRDs, Functional Specs and User Stories.
- Evaluate, research and translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Strong analytical and logical skills combined with experience in various cycles of a software development including development, testing, implementation and maintenance of applications.
- Proficient in facilitating large meetings to help define vision, scope, requirements, design, and risk mitigation plans.
- Organized Joint Application Developments (JAD) sessions and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), walkthrough, Interviews, Workshops and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions with end - user/clients/stake holders and the IT group.
- Excellent skills in Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Gap Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Business Modelling and Use Case Development using UML methodology.
- Experience in commercial Property and Casualty, Commercial Lines and Personal Lines Insurance.
- Excellent Experience in various software development methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall across the span of various projects.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Proficient in Requirements Gathering, Surveys/Questionnaire Development, Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Specifications/Documents (FRS/FRD).
- Stored and modified requirements in MS - Word and using Test Director.
- Experience in the Property, Casualty, Annuities, Disability, and Supplemental Insurance policies include administration, sales, customization, claims, pensions and CMS.
- Well-versed in documentation of, Business Requirements Documentation (BRD), Functional Specification Documentation (FSD), Current-State and Future-State Process Models, Performance Indicators.
- Excellent facilitation skills in conducting walkthroughs, surveys, questionnaires, interviews, brainstorming and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions.
- Experience with SQL queries to retrieve and manage data in Data base.
- Trained on Agile Scrum Software development methodology implemented agile concepts such as sprint cycles, product backlog and sprint backlog, user stories, sprint review, sprint retrospective etc in real time projects.
- Competent at performing gap analysis, root cause analysis, business process improvement and business process reengineering projects.
- Extensive knowledge in designing databases in star and snowflake schema methodologies.
- Exposure to Client/Server, Web Application developmental tools and Software development and design. Process/tools including Microsoft Project tools, Reporting tools, XML, Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Good at managing customer expectations by developing metrics, reporting and communication plans to ensure that all projects meet scope, time, budget and quality expectations, through planning, application development, technical architecture, and operational environments.
- Have a very strong verbal, written, team building, people management, presentation and communication skills.
- Full understanding of the SDLC requirement analysis and business specification, development, enhancement, quality assurance, testing including developing Test Cases and Test Scripts. Experienced in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Extensive experience in creating Screen Mock-ups, prototyping, SWOT Analysis, Cost benefits Analysis, Risk Analysis, User acceptance Testing (UAT), Postproduction Validation (PPV) and demos for the users.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Involved in implementing the LaborSoft application to monitor and track Discipline and Grievances.
- Worked on managing day to day activities and report project status/metrics to the PMO.
- Owned the project schedule and status updates by maintaining regular communication with the cross-functional team leads.
- Involved in defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements.
- Worked on Business Process Assessment of the current state EV3 system for issuing a Discipline and filing for a Grievance for Confidential Utilities Union Employees.
- Worked with Business Users to gather and analyse requirements, create user stories and coordinate with multiple teams to capture dependency details.
- Involved in meetings with business users, face to face interviews and white board sessions with Management and Client representatives to define existing Business Processes and document detailed client needs
- Designing and Implementing the Non-Employee Tracking (NET) system to classify and track Non-Employees employed throughout Confidential Energy.
- Involved in defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements.
- Performed detailed analysis of complex business processes and requirements and propose solutions that demonstrate a thorough understanding for technical solutions
- Worked on Business Process Documentation such as process flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, class diagrams and use case diagrams using MS Visio.
- Ensured that the LaborSoft system was compliant with Confidential Energy's Affiliate Compliance Requirements.
- Involved in creating test strategies to verify that the requirements are incorporated within the design
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing Activities, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, End to End testing and performed QA tasks to identify bugs.
- Involved in creating feature files using Cucumber scripts in order to facilitate the automated data migration plan using Selenium.
- Communicated with the offshore team to ensure the desired deliverables.
- Created documentation for End Users such as Introductory presentations and tutorial videos.
- Mitigated risks effectively and appropriately escalated issues across projects to the PMO.
- Involved in Test Scenarios for integration testing to test the integrity of the various interfaces that interact with the NET System.
- Involved in creating test scenarios and test scripts for UAT testers and utilized Helix ALM as a bug tracking tool to maintain a log of errors and resolutions.
Confidential, Orchard Beach, MD
- Understood the business process that included Sales processes, Pricing methodology, Products, Group Renewals and Enrolment process in EMS.
- Involved in gathering User Requirements by Interviews, User meetings, and Requirement Elicitation Sessions.
- Involved in Gap analysis and provided technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Documented the different Billing Cycles and Due dates.
- Analysed and documented the scope of the requirements, created Vision document and recommended business priorities.
- Worked on creation of Data flow diagram using MS Visio to map the data migration.
- Involved in documenting different data requirements in the project as per the guidelines obtained from management on the project.
- Involved in gap analysis to extract the difference between the current and proposed functionalities of the system.
- Practiced agile methodology's best practices to execute the SDLC.
- Worked on all the business requirements from the stakeholders through JAD sessions and brain storming and documenting the same.
- Involved in identifying Use Cases from the requirements. Worked on UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and using Rational Requisite Pro thus defining the Business Process Model.
- Worked on project plans for Rate Validation part and produced detailed work plans and timelines using MS project.
- Involved in and support the testing team through the project.
- Assisted the PM to manage the risks and dependencies involved in the completeness of the solution delivery process
- Involved in gathering requirements for data transformation, transaction management of data and data mapping via the interfaces from Salesforce to Lodestar and Weather data migration.
- Involved in maintaining documentation that supports the CRM, Lodestar Pricing job function
- Worked with users in order to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Assisted the UAT team members and mentored the new team members.
- Involved in developing QA Test Plan, test conditions and test cases.
- Involved in testing the data transaction via various interfaces and XML.
Confidential, Juno Beach, FL
- Involved in performing dual role of Scrum Master and Sr. Business Analyst in developing the FPL Distribution and Construction Services digital portal and internal admin portal.
- Involved in building brand new digital portal for FPL Construction services called FPL Project Portal with end to end features of Manage Application services, Online Payment system, Disconnect/Reconnect process, Manage Multilayer Members, Document Exchanges and Alerts and Notifications systems
- Worked with interfaces flowing from Work Management Application, and Documentum to Digital Customer facing application and Internal Admin Portal.
- Interacting with client and business leads to understand the business requirements and walk thru with life cycle of Project.
- Worked with multi-level teams to analyse the business requirements and support to design new patterns according to the business inputs.
- Involved in preparing Business process diagrams, State diagrams, Activity diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Visio.
- Involved in conducting Feasibility Study and Risk Analysis on the requirements and solutions and provided feedback.
- Worked on developing business/systems materials, RFI/RFP responses, POC, and presentations as requested.
- Integrates usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance UI/UX.
- Involved in converting Business Requirement document (BRD) into Functional Requirements Specifications/Documents (FRDs).
- Worked on documenting BRD (Business Requirement Document), FRD (Functional Requirement Document) and Non-functional Requirement Document, SRS (Software Requirements Specification). Expertise in tracing requirements throughout the development process and verifying their adherence to Requirements Traceability Matrix and RACI Matrix.
- Preparing high level design document by elevating the features and feasibility of the changes.
- Worked on MS Visio to design and create process flow charts, activity diagrams with swim lanes, data flow diagrams and use case diagrams.
- Simplified existing applications & integration architecture & build for scalability utilizing SOA as framework and Applied the "As Is" and "To Be" process designs in order to identify any potential process gaps and as well as improvement opportunities.
- Preparing detail functional specification document in the form of user story to meet the requirements by meeting with Business and Tech Arch’s.
- Worked on Business process documenting, process flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, context diagrams. Knowledge of BPMN and UML. Ensuring product quality for end users based on user story acceptance.
- Involved in providing periodic demos to clients about project implementation and project activities.
- Involved in creating Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to provide clarity and traceability for test plans and business needs.
- Worked on UAT testing on the tasks which are developing to reach 100% quality and make defect free system and track the progress of team deliverables.
- Participation in large-scale "highly-visible" UAT testing cycles managing technology and business stakeholders.
- Good understanding of client's customized business process.
- Worked on detailed reports of Project Status, Requirements Coverage, Traceability Matrix, Test results end of the iteration.
- Worked on strong Analytical, Troubleshooting and Problem-Solving skills.
- Used SAFe (Scaled Analysis Model) and participate in PI session, Sprint Planning meetings, Release planning, Grooming sessions, Retrospective meetings, Daily Scrum Meeting and all the stage of life cycle.
- Involved in reviewing Scrum sprint, communicate the burn down reports, identify backlogs, and identified the degree of velocity of each task.
- Involved in post-launch review meetings to assess project strengths and liabilities, create lessons learned documents.
- Involved in tracking the production tickets that arise from the customers solving them in severity basis.
- Involved in testing SOAP UI and accessing the JSON from REST API.
- Worked with the development team and testing team to address any questions they may have for the requirements.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Worked on user and business requirements through surveys, prototyping and observing from portfolio managers and UI (User Interface).
- Involved in Data Manipulation and Data Validation using SQL queries in a MS SQL Server 2008 environment. Worked on Commercial lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Strong business domain knowledge of Personal and Commercial Auto including risk, Policy Sales, Policy Administration and Rating.
- Involved in designing and working on successfully developing web applications that allow independent sales agents and underwriters for quoting, rating, processing and tracking applications.
- Worked closely between Exstream Dialogue Developers, Data Managers and Project Managers to ensure timely changes are met.
- Involved in gathering requirements for the XML bridge.
- Worked on requirements in MS - Word and using Test Director.
- Involved in Inception Phase and prepared Logical Data Models that contains set of diagrams and BRD (Business Requirement Documents) supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detail definitions and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyse and document business data requirements.
- Worked on Reports from mainframe to Texts or MS Word and provided it to the test team.
- Involved in maintaining and filing the company reinsurance claims and providing a financial report to the management team
- Worked on planning and defining system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modelling Language) methodologies.
- Involved in creating Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Involved in preparing Business Requirement Documents (BRD's) after the collection of Functional Requirements from System.
- Attended meetings with developers, System Analysts (SA) and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project.
- Involved in developing a file of ACORD Forms used as the standards in all Property and Casualty markets, for both Personal and Commercial Lines of Business.
- Used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
- Worked with MS Excel and MS access, Updated the impacted MS Access tables.
- Worked on Mock-up forms in MS Access for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Worked on the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with Pega System Administrators and Business Users, documented any issues or defects and eventually got sign off from the right parties.
- Played a major role in Interface testing both functionally and manually.
- Involved in creating and managing project templates use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in RequisitePro.
- Used SQL for Data manipulation and data analysis.
- Worked with Quality Assurance Analyst in Automated and Manual Black box testing using Mercury's WinRunner.
- Involved in modifying System flow diagrams using SDLC.
- Worked with Data Mapping between the data mart and the Source Systems.
- Involved in developing strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Worked on all applications used by Property and Casualty users across all Business Units like Claims, Consumer, Underwriting, Specialty Lines, PCG (Private Client Group), and Travel Guard.
- Utilized the guidelines and artefacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to migrate different products to POINTS and its communication with peripheral systems mainly underwriting rules engine.
- Worked as a liaison between Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Business users, and Development Team to identify the business needs, business rules and business process specification for the implementation.
- Worked closely with both internal and external business units of the firm to design custom reports, and use- case models, adhering strictly to the allocated budget and standard accounting principles.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for Data Loading along with the databases team.
- Used advanced excel to aggregate and analyse data structures, formats, missing data, and other issues.
- Worked on Claims assignment details in Vision and Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional
- Involved in application security model and creation of access group and privileges based on user roles and access to the work types.
- Worked on following applications Business Objects, Enterprise Architect, Toad, Plainview (project management), Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Project)
- Implemented the entire Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology of application development with its various workflows, artefacts and activities.
- Developed System Use Cases using UML based on the needs of Business Users.
- Used MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Power Point, Outlook, and Project) for project tracking, documentation, and presentation.
- Worked on Requirement Documents (FRDs) using Rational Requisite Pro and Power Designer.
- Involved in GAP analysis on the traditional claims system and newly integrated Claim Centre and carefully elaborated application enhancement specifications detailing in scope/out of scope items, as-is/to-be process maps and critical test scenarios.
- Involved in designing Use Case modelling originating from First Notice of Loss (FNOL) to Claim-case closure, drafted Narrative Use Cases and created UML diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, sequence diagrams and Flow Diagrams (Business/System) using MS Visio.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Worked on updated versions of project specific documents such as Business Requirement
- Worked on documents (BRDs), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs), RTM, using SharePoint.
- Worked on application security and access control to all applications in the portfolio.
- Worked on claim segmentation and assignment, automated triggers and escalations and seamless integration based structured walkthrough to the developers to understand the Use Cases.
- Involved in implementing Software Quality Assurance development policies and test procedures. Documented test scripts according to the business specifications and design documents.
- Involved in UI/GUI Testing, Progression, Regression testing and provided support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for multiple iterations involving the entire Policy Holder environment setup.
- Worked on Change Management by performing Impact Analysis for Change Requests obtained during Claims processing lifecycle.
- Involved in policy holder's standpoint based manual application tests.
- Involved in extracting UI based information by querying the Oracle database using SQL queries.
- Used SQL during the testing phase to verify and validate that the correct information is being provided.
- Worked with quality control teams to develop test plans, test cases and test scripts based on functional performance criteria and usability.