- Blend market and company needs to guide well - paced development of delightful, buildable, and profitable products using teamwork, customer insights, management alignment, and communication.Initial product launches and legacy redesigns that enhance a product portfolio, stay within the planned time and budget, provide a whole solution, and honor customer expectations.
- Develop deep market insights by understanding the target market with competitive analysis, data-mining, customer research, as-is and future-state user journeys, and collaboration with sales and support.
- Build communication bridges between stakeholders with clear plans that include real-world examples and touchpoints to company goals.
- Nurture a data-driven development culture within the team and organization.
- Create clear and complete documents, including business and launch plans, scenarios/use cases, business analysis models, user experience data and designs, and agile stories/acceptance criteria.
Business Process Analyst / SOX Compliance Analyst
- Identified product requirements by mining existing data and using a variety of research techniques.
- Worked with business owners to prioritize requirements. Represented the end user in prioritization and team meetings. Provided a shared team vision through user insights, flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Created business analysis and user experience artifacts to communicate and validate the users’ processes, goals, constraints, and user interface experiences in the current and future states.
- Provided comprehensive business analysis, BA documentation, and Agile user stories for internal applications.
- Worked with SOX control owners and auditors to ensure compliance and improve business processes.
Sr. Business Analyst / Interaction Designer
- Responsible for improving the product effectiveness with incremental improvements to a niche SaaS product used by a small but critical market of hospital-based infection preventionists to identify, track, and report outbreaks.
- Developed requirements for a wizard tool to identify reportable infection incidents. Analyzed the CDC’s decision matrix and reporting site. Planned and conducted research with infection preventionists during their daily duties. Analyzed documents and user-created tools used to track infection incidents. Created wireframes/prototypes.
- Provided user experience and business analysis, including requirements, scenarios, user and data flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and Agile user stories and acceptance criteria. Provided real-life examples of infection management practices and constraints to communicate the value of various features.
User Experience Designer / Product Owner
- Ensured alignment with the corporate strategy and managed the product roadmap.
- Managed the feature priority to deliver value to the customers in phases.
- Managed the Agile story backlog, gathered & clarified requirements, negotiated sprint work, and removed day-to-day tactical impediments during sprints.
- Worked with the team to identify where features could be simplified to reduce estimates without impacting the overall user experience, performance, or stability.
- Trained field teams in the new features and how to communicate the value to customers.
- Managed customer facing release collateral and communication.
- Overall responsibility for the Confidential Outbound product line user experience. Customers thought my work made the products “clean and simple,” “looks easy,” and “the process couldn’t be any easier short of you doing it for me.”
- Researched and simplified legacy workflows that had evolved through years of organic development.
- Developed personas, information architecture, flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes. Designed the interface to allow optimization for the products’ key personas (operations managers and risk managers).
- Created new product designs that use responsive design principles and are ADA compliant using consistent visual language and design patterns that could be shared between the products.
User Experience Designer
- Responsible for the design of a software tool used to manage OEM software keys in small factories around the world.
- Worked with the Program Manager, partners, and development team to document the workflows for all parties touching the digital keys. Created wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Conducted usability reviews and worked with the stakeholders to make improvements.
User Experience Designer / User Researcher
- Responsible for the tactical work to redesign the XBOX Support site for delivery on a SharePoint platform.
- Created XBOX Support personas using in-home ethnographic research, and optimized tools for each persona.
- Provided information architecture, taxonomy development, wireframes, prototypes, and lab-based user research.
- Managed requirements, open issues, and change requests between the team and a visual design firm.
- Responsible for the overall user experience of Confidential, used by 17M monthly unique visitors.
- Designed the user experience for two major new site modules, reducing the Neighborhoods development estimate by 25% (1000 hours) due to consistent usage patterns, detailed documentation, and frequent team reviews.
- Responsible for a site redesign of the MyPoints.com product (a sister company of Confidential ).
- Designed over 20 new site features.
- My redesign of the primary revenue driving feature, based on user research and analytics, resulted in a 22% lift by precisely supporting a customer need with UI design.
- Worked closely with Product Management, local and off-shore developers, visual designers, and content writers to design major site additions and feature enhancements. Created concept sketches, annotated wireframes, detailed UX specifications, and medium fidelity mockups. Maintained a UX pattern library.
- Identified UI requirements and effective task flows through interviews and observations.
- Produced wireframes, mock-ups, user and data flow diagrams, and use cases.
- Worked directly with clients to understand their business needs, review options, and present work.
- Provided longitudinal family group and traditional user research for the Microsoft Surface (Playtable) project.
- Supported an HRIS group. Provided project management for a team of 18 web developers (on and off-shore).
- Managed the group’s budgets and resources to meet aggressive targets. Streamlined processes and led effort that reduced overhead by 50%. Provided metrics, business development, proposals, and meeting facilitation.
- Provided leadership in SEI-CMM and project management practices.
- Produced software requirements and design concepts for Web and client-server applications.