- Detail oriented Business Analyst with 8+ years of industry experience in property and casualty, reinsurance and health insurance industry.
- Experienced in end to end system design lifecycles like Waterfall and Agile.
- Experienced and well versed in various Software Development Methodologies like Waterfall, Waterfall - Scrum hybrid, Scrum. Profound knowledge of XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile framework (SAFE) 3.0 and 4.0methodologies.
- Solid knowledge about the workflows in Property & Casualty, Life Insurance, Health Insurance and Reinsurance concepts with ETL tools (Informatica), Content Management System, Master Data Management.
- Proficient in documenting customization requirements, business rules and data migration requirements for the implementation and integration of Guidewire Claim Center, Guidewire Policy Center and Billing Center.
- Expertise in Claims Processing, Billing, Quote and Bind operations, Quality Management and Risk Managementand profound knowledge in Claim management (FNOL, Payment and recovery, fraud detection tools, Salvage) and experienced in Data Visualization, Data Analysis and business intelligence.
- Prior experience performingGAP Analysis on the AS-IS system and the TO-BE system to understand the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure to the system that is to be implemented.
- Elicited requirements using Survey, Questionnaires, Interview Sessions, Brainstorming Sessions, Requirement Workshops, Document Analysis, Interface Analysis and Joint Application Development ( JAD ) session.
- Skilled in converting requirements gathered to standard documents like Business Requirement Documents(BRD) and Functional Specification Documents (FSD),Use Case Models, User Stories, and Data Flow Models.
- Assisted in writing User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Definition of Done (DoD) as well as Definition of Ready (DoR) by facilitating meetings between the product owner, stakeholders as well as the development team members.
- Used various story point estimation techniques like Agile Planning Poker, Relative Mass Valuation, T-Shirt Sizing.
- Experienced in decomposing epics into user stories by adhering to the INVEST criteria.
- Experienced with Project Collaboration tools like JIRA and HP-ALM to manage User stories and contributed in Scrum Ceremonies like Release Planning, Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Retrospective.
- Assisted the Product owner in writing user stories. Helped in prioritizing the user stories using MOSCOW and KANO model followed by slicing of user stories horizontally or vertically or hybrid - Horizontal-Vertical slicing.
- Assisted the product owner in finalizing the Minimum Viable Product(MVP)and assisted the PO in defining the KeyPerformance Indicators (KPIs’)and Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Created both static and dynamic Unified Modelling diagrams (UML) like Use Case Diagram, Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Class Diagrams, Object diagram using MS Visio and Lucid Charts.
- Created Low Fidelity and High-FidelityMock-ups and wireframes using Azure and assisted UI/UX team.
- Familiar with industry standard development practices like Test-Driven Development, Acceptance-Test-Driven Development and Behavior-Driven Development , Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment towards developing a Potentially Shippable Product Increment(PSPI).
- Used MS Project to maintain Work Breakdown Structure for scheduling, allocation of resources, exporting Gantt-Charts, Critical Path Analysis and for tracking various project milestones.
- Created E-R diagrams to better understand and develop the data model with the help of conceptual and logical models.
- Assisted in developing of Data Marts (DM), Data warehouses, Data Maps and facilitating the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) using Informatica Powercenter.
- Extensive knowledge of implementation of Databases, Data Table Structures, Schemas, Online Processing Systems like OLTP and OLAP operations such as Roll-Up, Drill-Down, Slicing, Dicing and Pivot.
- Generated and Maintained Various Reports with reporting and visualization tools like Tableau, IBM Cognos, QlikView, Microsoft SSRSto provide decision support.
- Frequently used Data Definition Language(DDL), Data Manipulation Language(DML) in SQL to perform (CRUD) operations on DBs including Joins, Aggregators, Sub-queries, Views, Triggers and Stored procedures.
- Involved in documenting the Web Service Level Agreement (WSLA) document to serve as a contract between the front-end & the back-end team for efficient building of application, resolving ambiguities and speed up the design.
- Experience in Micro services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with experience working with various web services which used RESTful and SOAP web services.
- Proficient in various structured data types used by web services for API calls like JSON, XML, SAML, Parser.
- Effectively identified and documented request and response of various API using Swagger.
- Performed CRUD operations (GET, POST, UPDATE, DELETE) using Postman.
- Created and maintained test plans, test cases, test scenarios, test scripts and maintained test data using HP ALM QC as well as Microsoft Excel to ensure complete test coverage.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that various test cases cover all the requirements.
- Experience handling multiple projects in a fast-paced cross functional environment, Efficient team player with strong leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Business Skills: Change Management, Risk Analysis, ROI Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, JAD Sessions, SWOT analysis, GAP Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, Impact Analysis, Project Planning, Conflict Management, Issue management.
Project Management Tools: MS Office, JIRA (v.6.3,7.0), HP ALM (v.11.5), HP-QC (v.11,12), MS Project (2013,2016), MS SharePoint (2010,2013), Confluence (v.6.4, 6.3, 6.2), Cucumber (v3.0)
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Water-Scrum Fall Hybrid, SAFe, Kanban, XP, Rational Unified Process(RUP)
Modeling Tools: MS Visio(v.14, 15, 16), Lucid Chart, Balsamiq, ERWIN Data Modeler
CRM/ERP/ETL Tools: Informatica, SSIS, Guidewire Insurance Suite
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, Data Modelling,OLAP, Multidimensional Analysis, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Drill Down/Roll Up, ETL
Databases: MYSQL, Microsoft SQL T-SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Testing Tools: HP QC, HP ALM V11.5, Load Runner(v. 11.5, 12.02), Selenium
Reporting tools: Tableau (v. 9.3, 10.0, 10.1), SSRS, Google Analytics, IBM Cognos, QlikView, MS Excel (2010, 2013, 2016)
API Testing & Documentation: Postman, Swagger Editor, Swagger CodeGen, Swagger UI
Confidential, West Bend, WI
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Involved in all stages of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) for Property and Casualty insurance application.
- Assisted the PO in defining the KeyPerformance Indicators (KPIs’)and performed Scope Analysis, Impact assessment, root cause analysis, Effort estimation, Cost-Benefit analysis, SWOT analysis and Feasibility study.
- Performed GAP analysis by identifying AS-IS and TO-BE process vison to identify the deficiency of the current application.
- Identified and categorized all relevant stakeholders involved in the project using RACI Matrix. Conducted one-on-one interviews, JAD sessions to study new enhancement requirements and documented them in terms of Epics/user stories.
- Worked along with the Project manager in creating Project Charter, Work Breakdown Structure(WBS), project budget allocation and the project scope using the MS Project tool and used Confluence for team to access all the documents.
- Performed extensively high and low fidelity prototyping for the application using Mock-Up Screens and Wire Frames.
- Extensively used Project Collaboration tools like JIRA and HP-ALM to capture and manage User stories and actively participated in Scrum Ceremonies while assisting in prioritizing featuresusingMoscowmodel and assisted the Product owner in writing the Acceptance Criteria in Gherkin format using Cucumber to make the user stories ready for execution.
- Created API Documentation using Swagger and performed API testing using SOAPUI and POSTMAN to check if the API is returning the data in JSON, XML format as specified in the API documentation for the flow of information.
- Coordinated with Hadoop ETL team to develop OLAP queries to process multidimensional data from the data warehouse.
- Inspected Source Data using complex SQL queries for Data Profiling to maintain data consistency and performed various CRUD operations using various SQL queries like Select, Joins, Sub-Queries to pull data from different sources.
- Created documentation and aided in importing data from relational database (MYSQL) to HDFS in Hadoop environment.
- Worked closely with the administrators for effective scheduling of data jobs into the system using Oozie in Hadoop.
- Maintained the Referential Integrity of the Data and Verified whether the front-end values are correctly being stored in the back-end database by writing SQL queries such as join’s, sub-queries, views, stored procedures and triggers.
- Worked closely with the data engineering team and data architects to design and implement Apache Spark and MLLib libraries in the HDFS datastore.
- Aided in using HiveQL on data to execute data models with MapReduce engineon the clustered data in HADOOP (HDFS).
- Assisted in integrating Tableau with Hive with the help of ODBC drivers for the designing, development and maintenance of critical reporting solutions as per the needs of the business stakeholders.
- Worked with various QA teams to develop test plans and test cases, created UAT schedules, managed feedback and aided testing team in performing Unit testing, Integration testing, System testing and performance testing and creation of testing artifacts like test cases, test scripts and test scenarios and actively participated in Pre-Post Deployment testing.
- Kept a track of bugs/defects using JIRA and helped the Testers in issue resolution and made a report of all the defects.
- Involved in Test Execution and Automation, kept a track of bugs/defects using JIRAand helped the Testers in resolution of the issues and maintained a report of all the defects to track the status and closure of the bugs/defects.
- Created various graphs and dashboards using Tableau for identifying opportunities and spot inefficient processes.
Environment: Agile-scrum,MSVisio (v.16.0), Lucid charts,Balasmiq, MS-PROJECT, MS Office Suite, JIRA (v7.4), Confluence (v6.2), MS SQL Server, MS Access, HP ALM, Tableau, Cucumber (v.3.0), Hadoop HiveQL, Apache Spark, Oozie, Hadoop HDFS, Postman, Swagger, SOAP UI.
Confidential, Brea, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Research and Analyzed business needs and objectives to improve the current phone-in system implemented in the organization.
- Worked along with the team to perform Impact analysis, SWOT analysis, cost-benefit analysis and feasibility study to create the Project charter and Project scope for the Guidewire Customer Engage Suite implementation.
- Conducted JAD sessions, requirement workshops and interviews with stakeholders and Guidewire consultants to document the requirements using user stories for the Guidewire Customer Engage suiteto be implemented.
- Responsible for developing a survey of a large sample of certified internal users to establish risk assessment guidelines.
- Identified gaps in existing policy administrating systems and Guidewire Policy Center and designed the AS-IS and TO-BE process, the scope and out of scope documents.
- Create use case diagrams for claim filing journey and developed UML diagrams like Use Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams and flow diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Responsible for the Source system exploration and analysis, Data transformationlogics by creating Data Mapping Document, performing the data mapping and validating the Data Marts using the Informatica PowerCenter.
- Performed data integration and data mapping and extraction management along with data cleansing while migrating data from legacy system to Guidewire Claim Center and Guidewire Data Hub.
- Helped the Product owner in finalizing the Minimum viable product (MVP) and maintaining the Product Backlog and the Sprint Backlog by assisting the Product owner in prioritization and estimation of Product Backlog Items .
- Assisted the Scrum Master to maintain the Sprint/ Release Burn-up and Burn-Down charts, Velocity Chart in JIRA.
- Managed sprints artifacts i.e. burndown charts, project velocity, sprint backlogs and product backlogs using JIRA, managed and shared these artifacts using Confluence tool.
- Performed data integration and data mapping management along with data cleansing while migrating data from legacy system to Guidewire Policy Center.
- Worked with QA team to design and develop Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing and Regression Testing and maintained the report for the test results.
- Analyzed the data in the data warehouse using Tableau.
- Actively involved in product release and deployment phase to end-users after development and testing of the product and assisted the team in preparing material for Underwriters, agents and Claims staff.
Environment: Agile-Scrum, Guide Wire Data Hub, MSVisio, SQL, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Mock-Up Screens, MS Office Suite, JIRA, JENKINS, MS-SharePoint, MS SQL Server, Oracle,MS Access, MS Project, Cucumber,Tableau, Informatica PowerCenter.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Business Systems Analyst
- Involved in all stages of the SDLC from the planning phase to the deployment phase for the implementation of project.
- Actively involved in the elicitation of requirements from the stakeholders and the SME’s by conducting interviews, document analysis, JAD sessions and interface analysis to document functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Developed needs analysis document, User Requirement Specification and functional requirement specification documents.
- Participated and facilitated various Scrum ceremonies in the project like Backlog grooming, Sprint planning, Prioritization of the user stories and extensively used JIRA to manage and convert requirements to user stories.
- Mapped organization business process to Salesforce functionality.
- Carried out data mapping from source repositories to Salesforce application.
- Designed Use Case Diagrams and Use Case Specification documents based on requirements gathered.
- Derived Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) based on User Requirements Specification.
- Perform detailed analysis of business and technical requirements and worked with the development team to design the solution by customizing various standard objects.
- Involved in the implementation of Salesforce Chatter by designing a central platform for information sharing and tracking updates on objects and records by Salesforce users.
- Worked with the development team to designed page layouts, search layouts to organize fields, custom links, related lists, and other components on a record detail and edit pages.
- Worked with development team to create workflow rules and defined related tasks, time triggered tasks, email alerts, field updates to implement business logic and business rules.
- Used Tableau for creating various Reports (summary reports, matrix reports, pie charts, dashboards and graphics) and Report Folders to assist managers to better utilize Salesforce as a sales tool and configured various Reports for different user profiles.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by QA team to make sure that all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly and maintained the RTM for tracking the test cases and issues.
Environment: Saleforce.com platform, Apex Language, Visual Force (Pages, Component Controllers), Pages, Data Loader, HTML, Workflow & Approvals, Reports, Custom Objects, Custom TabsEmail Services, Security Controls, Sandbox data loading, Windows XP, UML, Visio,Oracle CRM 12 suite.
- Worked in Facets with different modules like Subscriber, Claims Processing, Billing and Providers Applications.
- Recommended changes for system design, methods, policies and workflows affecting Medicaid claims processing.
- Performed data source exploration, data profiling, data cleansing and created data mapping document followed by creating various mappings using transformations to migrate data into the data marts and ODS using Informatica.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to manage and retrieve data for further analyzing using Data Visualization tools.
- Created high fidelity and low fidelity UI Mock-up and Wireframes prototypes for the stakeholders using Balsamiq.
- Used Swagger UI and Swagger Editor to document the request and response of the front-end RESTful API’s.
- Responsible for the core activities of test team including creating and executing test cases, documenting results and drawing a Requirement traceability matrix (RTM) to match the requirements with final test scenarios using HP ALM.
- Involved in bug tracking and defect prevention activity using JIRA to improve issue/bug fixes and maintain the issue log.
- Assisted in preparation of UAT test plan, Test Casesand performed UAT to validate the solution based on the tests.
Environment: Agile-scrum,MSVisio (v.16.0), Lucid charts, MS-PROJECT, MS Access, MS Office Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Informatica PowerCenter, MS SQL Server, HP ALM, SWAGGER, Tableau.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Conducted extensive gap analysis on the current AS-IS system and the new TO-BE system to identify the deficiencies in the current system that need to be addressed in the new system.
- Facilitated cross team meetings with committees from operation and development to allow stakeholders to communicate their interests and concerns and documented minutes of the meeting.
- Created various documents which were to be baselined like Project Scope Statement, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Prepared Process Flow (Visio) and Activity Diagrams (UML) to elucidate the complicated business process.
- Developed mockups and wireframes of the new website using Balasmiq.
- Developed various use cases and performed use case modeling with the help of Use Case Diagrams.
- Maintained test cases and RTM in Microsoft Excel.
- Performed UAT and verified that the website ran effectively in Production environment.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, JIRA, Balsamiq, HP LoadRunner, HP QC,MS SQL Server, MS Visio, MS Office (word, power point, excel)