- A PMP Program/Project Manager with over 9 years of extensive experience in Project Management and requirements analysis, data analysis, and business process improvement, including work/process flow analysis, functional analysis and documentation.
- An extensive background in Information Technology and experience across various industries including consumer and Investment banking, ERP, retail and customer services, Ecommerce
- Experience in documentation of User Requirements, as well as organizing interviews, User meetings, workshops, JAD sessions and requirement elicitation sessions
- Vendor Selection and Implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Ecommerce
- Experienced in analyzing and understanding business processes and procedures to make recommendations in improving design process.
- Strong understanding of Risk, Gap, market and Cost/Benefit analysis
- Expertise in reviewing Test Procedures, creating Test plans, defining System & Integration Test Cases, executing Test Cases, Test Data reviewing and maintaining and executing detailed Test scripts for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), analyzing bugs.
- In - depth knowledge of business analysis modeling using UML Diagrams such as use case diagrams, class diagrams, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams using Rational suite and Microsoft Visio.
- Proficient in creating Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scripts based on business requirement documentation for the testing of application software.
- Have Excellent Working as well as Understanding Knowledge of Project Management Knowledge Areas and Process Groups.
- Extensive experience in executing Backend Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, System Testing, Black Box Testing, Unit Testing, Load Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Ad-Hoc testing.
- Creation, Adaptation and Deployment of Software Development Methodologies such as Agile Methodologies, Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Worked with developers to communicate the critical defects for quick remediation and helped technical team to understand the business problems
- Leadership abilities with a solid foundation in the financial services sector. Strong ability to adapt to the rapid industry changes, analytical thinking, fast-learning curve. I am a dedicated professional with the well-rounded skill set, including problem-solving and communication abilities to enhance a company’s ability to achieve its set objectives.
Business Analysis: Rational Unified Process (RUP), COTS methodologies, Agile development methodologies, Universal Modeling Language (UML), process engineering/ reengineering, RAD/JAD, requirements analysis, systems analysis, use case development, system development life cycle.
Business Analysis Tools: Rational RequisitePro, Enterprise Architect, Business Process Modeler.
Workflow Tools: MS Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Axure, Power BI
Methodologies: Software development life cycle (SDLC) - Agile, Waterfall
UML modeling: Use case, State, Activity diagrams, RUP, and sequence diagrams
Database Tools: SQL Enterprises Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer SQL Server setup
Technology Technical Project/Program Manager
- Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications.
- Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization).
- Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations.
- Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- Provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project.
- Coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Lead major projects within a line of business related to budget, business plans, risk, implementation of policies, standards, methodologies, and/or strategic management projects.
- Analyze project implementation status and provides feedback to senior management.
- Leads strategic and far-reaching initiatives within the organization contributing to the achievement of key area objectives.
- Work closely with Senior IT Management to understand their needs and provides appropriate guidance, direction, and communication.
- Work with the technology management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Provide oversight and input to resources and their project allocation.
IT Project Manager/ Business Analyst
- Perform all the management tasks associated with the Project Management Knowledge areas within the five process groups.
- Coordinate the evaluation of RFP responses.
- Manage the ERP Implementation project team to ensure that the implementation plan is consistent with Goodwill’s needs and expectations.
- Ensure that all project goals are met.
- Conduct interviews and perform Stakeholder Analysis, work with IT managers, and software architects to identify the key changes, and participate in Stakeholder Management to communicate effectively with them.
- Actively manage project scope and risks. Make proactive Project Management decisions to mitigate potential delays and cost overruns before they occur.
- When necessary, plan and execute corrective actions to keep project on course.
- Effectively manage project change through formal change control procedures.
- Utilize proven change management methodologies to effectively manage the disruptive organizational change associated with the implementation of an ERP system.
- Manage all process re-engineering efforts, including process flow documentation and gap analyses, which will inform ERP configuration and implementation.
- Perform Project Management Quality Assurance on vendor’s project plans.
- Successfully executed the role of project manager to plan, schedule and implement all stages of enterprise software, hardware and system implementations. Assessed business implications for each project phase and monitored progress to meet deadlines, standards and cost targets.
- Coordination and Management of Change control and Incident Management process activities. Worked with Risk Management team in tracking open risks items and insure remediation plans have been executed to mitigate overall risk.
- Conduct regular project update meetings and manage project communication with various stakeholder groups.
- Manage dedicated project resources using Strategic Planning Project Management approach.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Acquisition and Deployment of software after conducting cost benefit analysis.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Generate as-is and to-be process flows.
- Conduct Gap Analysis.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements, using formal change management documentation and processes, to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
Confidential, New York
- Experience with Software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology, Framing out Business.
- Transaction rules and related Documentation, created Test Plans based on Functionality and Business rules.
- Conducted Surveys and Brainstorming sessions with SMEs for requirement gathering and prepared User Requirement Specifications document.
- Performed Gap Analysis of the As-Is and Should-Be process within the organization to analyze and fill the existing gaps in the business processes.
- Documented the Use Cases and Activity diagrams using MS Visio to understand the requirements and communicate them to the development team.
- Involved in the creation and maintenance of the Workflow plans and artifacts.
- Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level. Followed top down, leveled technique for building Business Process Models.
- Verified the functional aspect as per the Business Process and validated the interfaces with the other systems and data conversion from the legacy system.
- Created procedural and process summaries necessary for manual issue resolution and business system script automation.
- Utilized system-generated exception work queues for work assignment, self-reporting on progress, and transaction correction through User Interface as issues are identified and corrected.
- Gathered requirements for the processing system.
- Gathered and documented the requirements that are critical to the operations business mission and using those requirements to design application using a Use Case approach.
- Interacted with the “Users” by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, business flow diagrams and Sequence diagrams so that developers and other stake holders can understand the business process.
- Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of operations activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level. Followed top down, leveled technique for building Business Process Models.
- Helped in the review of Test Requirement Documents & the evaluation of the Master Test Plan.
- Built a database and optimize process for tracking business operations including vendor management, project expenses, headcount, facilities and other operations related metrics for an innovation and strategic-growth focused team.
- Designed detailed templates for reporting of status and metrics. The goal of the database is to simplify the experience for internal clients as well as automate reporting schedules and production of operations status and performance decks.
- Created a database operating manual.
- Worked closely with Business Clients and Management team. Conducted meeting with Business to understand the requirement and issues. Involved in making Design Document and Technical Specification Documents.
- Conducted walkthroughs with business and development teams.
- Facilitated the development of a roadmap by understanding the business logic and User Requirements for Test execution. Involved in gathering requirements from Business Users.
- Worked closely with Business Clients and Management team. Conducted daily meeting with Business to understand the requirement and issues. Involved in making Design Document and Technical Specification Documents. Involved in complete System Development Life Cycle, used AGILE methodologies to implement new features in an incremental way.
- Created conceptual wireframes to assist the developers in a better understanding of the requirements. Created the UAT Plan and test scripts and participated in UAT. Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions involving the management, development and user teams for clarifying requirements and facilitating better communication.
- Created the Traceability Matrix to map the functional requirements with test scripts, wireframes and High-Level Design (HLD).
- Interviewed various SMEs in the trading, operations, risk management and accounting groups to gather business requirements, wants/ needs concerning the project and documented the requirements.
- Analyzed, documented and managed requirements in a format that was easily reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people using Requisite Pro.
- Conducted walkthroughs with business and development teams.
- Created Use Cases using UML (Tool: Rational Rose) and managed the entire functional requirements life cycle using Rational Unified Process.
- Responsible for preparing the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) document, Functional Specification Document (FSD), creation of Process Work Flows and Functional Specifications.
- Partnered with QA team to create test scenarios, test plans and test cases based on requirements and functional specifications. Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Involved in designing and implementing database applications using MS SQL and Business Intelligence (BI) tools to support transactions and business decision-making.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Extensive knowledge of project life cycle, project management processes, principals, knowledge areas and various project management tools MS Project, etc.
- Proficient in documenting System Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using Rational Requisite PRO and Software development plan.
- Conducted Daily Scrum meeting, Planning Sessions, Backlog updates, User Stories updates, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing.
- Analysis and planning work on open strategy deliverable activities including Experience in Collecting and analyzing online business data (marketing campaigns, site metrics, and search engines).
- Excellent Experience in SDLC Methodologies like Agile, waterfall. Experience in functional and use case design is ensuring no redundancy and acted as Product Owner in Agile-based development. Developed and maintained project documentation, including the necessary approvals.
- Partnered with technology and business Validating conversion data from upstream and downstream systems to facilitate front to back testing of financial products supported. Reporting of project status, milestones and weekly status reports to all stakeholders and team members.
- Monitored and oversaw allocated project resources, maintained financial and progress forecasting to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget. Performed root cause analysis and constructed both the solution and implementation plans for the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system upgrades; Developed the list of important level deliverables and project milestones. Highly compelling cost-savings, implementation efficiencies, and economies of scale would be realized through systems consolidation.
- Actively participated in gathering requirements, documentation, development, and testing and identified the key deliverables.
- Performed GAP analysis, SWOT Analysis and Impact Analysis on existing system and performance considerations.
- Prepared Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD) to apply online for diverse types of saving/checking account.
- Facilitated collection of functional requirements from system users and preparation of business requirement documents using Rational Requisite Pro that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Played a pivotal role in JAD sessions helping to develop detailed solutions and documented the Functional and System specification requirements.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential Functional Requirements, Non-Functional Requirements, Interface Requirements and Report Requirements and insures that critical requirements are not missed.
- Assisted project manager in various project management responsibilities and in creating work break down structures, estimating project costs, funding proposals, project management tools, progress reporting.
- Developed Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
IT Project Manager
- Executed and maintained program management processes and disciplines in the areas of program schedule and quality management, communications management, human resource management, cost management, operational budget management, procurement management, risk / issue management, vendor management, and change management.
- Actively participated in gathering requirements, documentation, development, and testing and identified the key deliverables. Preparing Project Charter for the Project Sponsor.
- Perform close project phase exercise after stakeholder validation and acceptance.
- Conduct lesson learn exercise and update project management knowledge and the organization process asset.
- Communicated with staff, clients, business partners and key stakeholders all pertinent information that could impact daily business operations or escalate known and previously unknown risks including; network wide outages, emergency fixes, standard releases and issue resolutions.
- Provided content approval for communications related to the status of specific applications and coordinated these communications for Web posting.
- Built credibility, established rapport, and maintained communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization in a cross-functional team environment.
- Performed GAP analysis, SWOT Analysis and Impact Analysis on existing system and performance considerations.
- Conduct stakeholder’s analysis, defining scope, risk, budget, and approach of the project.
- Researched the various steps in the lifecycle and then constructed the system that could be easily identified and monitored.