- A Business Analyst with 10 years of total IT experience of which 8 years has been in delivering software process improvement projects. A problem solver with a keen focus on delivering data driven business transformation initiatives towards process efficiency and revenue generation. Key strengths include managing stakeholders to elicit and align requirements with business objectives, managing the solution delivery to ensure it brings the desired value to the organization, and using data analytics techniques to create reports for gaining insights into business performance and making the right decisions.
- Extensive experience in engaging stakeholders at different levels of the organization to identify business process requirements, and gain approvals.
- Adept at working as a Business Analyst in projects that involves the integration of several systems and documenting the migration of data using data mapping and data flow diagram.
- Experience in managing Business Requirements, ensuring priorities are established, projects are scoped and expectations are well managed
- Extensive experience in documenting user stories, customer journeys and story mapping to define requirements and drive software development.
- Extensive experience in facilitating process improvement workshops with cross - functional teams and SMEs.
- Skilled at developing training guides in using newly implemented business system, for end-users.
- Ability to gather data, consolidate it into meaning information and present it in a way that can be understood, and used for improving business processes.
- Ability to influence the acceptance of changes to business processes in the workplace
- Experience with developing procedural training manuals for business process management..
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical level teams in verbal and written formats.
- Working knowledge of productivity tools such as Sharepoint, WebEx/Skype and Outlook.
- Exceptional working experience in conducting GAP analysis to better understand the gaps between the current state and the future state.
- Skilled at using different software development methods (SDLC) like Water Fall and Agile (SCRUM) Method.
- Extensive Experience of presenting As-Is business and systems processes using workflow diagrams, designing the To-Be future state and leading both technical and business teams in the implementation of the new process.
- Strong experience creating, reviewing and updating test cases, test script, use cases and mock ups.
- Work in an agile-scrum environment where documentation, attention to detail, and team collaboration is required. Significant project management experience and high attention to detail.
- Excellent skills in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) for eliciting functional requirements that support the High-Level business requirements.
- Experience using different tools: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio to design flowcharts. Prepare mock ups to help facilitate communication of different processes/concepts to stakeholders.
- Experience communicating with different stakeholders across the organization on the Business side and the Technical/Engineering side.
- Experience in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Expertise in assisting the Testing Team in creating and reviewing the Test Plans and Test Cases from test scripts.
- Expert in writing detailed system use cases, developing business test cases, and working with QA teams during testing phase thereby facilitating acceptance testing with stakeholders and business users.
- Provide mock-ups, use cases, process scenarios and workflow diagram.
Confidential - Texas
Business Process Analyst
- Facilitated meetings with project sponsors, and documented business process requirements to an actionable level for smooth implementation of the required solution.
- Analyzed business process requirements and interacted with the technical teams to translate identified requirements to software specifications.
- Managed the relationship between process stakeholders and technical teams, and created a consistent communication channel across functional teams.
- Wrote user stories, prioritized product backlog into sprint, and determined the features for each software product release. Also, refined the backlog as new requirements or changes arise.
- Translated requirements to developers using use case diagrams and flows.
- Managed the implementation of business processes through software platforms
- Created web and mobile applications mockups/ wireframes to visualize requirements design to business teams and communicate design features to interface designers and backend developers.
- Wrote comprehensive test plans, and coordinated the software testing team to ensure test cases are created, standard UAT testing is conducted. Also, approved software delivery before each release.
- Delivered reports that were used to carry out measuring and monitoring tasks and provide insights on performance of business processes.
- Developed training requirements and ensure training for users and super users
- Collaborated with Stakeholders like product owners and program managers in quality management reviews and documenting acceptance criteria, business rules and test scenarios to ensure systems are implemented according to specified criteria.
- Analyzed and documented data requirements from business processes, performed analyses, and applied the insights and worked with end users to streamline reporting process.
- Determined the present state of processes, evaluated their qualities, documented models of the processes, and introduce new process designs as necessary.
- Designed the data pipeline flow for collating data from the management systems platforms, transforming data using etl scripts, and loading data into the data warehouse, for producing trends analytical reports on products and services.
- Created dashboards in Excel for data reporting by using pivot tables and VLOOKUP. Extracted data using SQL, interpreted and analyzed data to identify key metrics and transform raw data into meaningful, actionable information.
Confidential - Texas
- Gathered high level requirements, analyze and design new process flows and customer journey maps prior to product being developed.
- Managed the implementation of IT Service processes through the ServiceNow platform
- Maintain Requirements traceability in ServiceNow SDLC module.
- Work with IT Process Owners to manage changing priorities of story backlog.
- Performed QA testing & UAT of user stories from approved Sprint for scheduled deployment.
- Analyze and write Scope Change requests as related to changes to requirements.
- Articulates technical concepts using easily understandable business language.
- Managed the documented Requirements and Requirements Traceability Matrix throughout the Requirement Lifecycle.
- Participated in the development and execution of training using Visio flowchart diagrams, product presentation power points and QA test environments.
- Created use cases, and translate requirements to developers.
- Created test cases and test scenarios, and documented all test results and retest as necessary
- Created web and mobile applications mockups and prototypes to visualize design to client and communicate design features to UX designers and developers.
- Participated in process improvement initiatives to improve IT service offerings for customers.
- Worked with business teams to elicit data requirements and develop Operational Reports for performance analytics.
Business Analyst- Process Optimization Unit
- Participated in process governance review of Change Management, Incident & Problem Management in the IT department.
- Documented status reports, created presentations, performed analysis and organized content to share with other team members.
- Facilitated workshops with stakeholders, developers and administration for eliciting requirements. Also managed the meeting sessions with SME from various departments like Finance, Marketing and IT development.
- Perform requirements gathering and validate requirements with process owners for process enhancement.
- Collect, review, analyze, manage, backlogs (user stories & defects) from process owners.
- Prepared and presented Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Performed Gap analysis between existing systems and target systems, documenting enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Performed database SQL queries to address connectivity and integration activities.
- Assisted Process & Service Owners in continuous process improvements and enhancements by encouraging continuous automation of incident, change & problem management process on the Service Management platform.
- Supporting ServiceNow new process to include, standard workflow process, standard group membership build design, catalog items (workflows, approvals, task sequences).
- Assist in coordinating the process integration and review existing service catalog & request fulfillment.
- Ensured change process & compliance are properly adhered to by approvers, assessors, change owners, and clients.
- Extensively interacted with both subject matter experts and business stakeholders to create Business process diagrams for the as- is process and the to-be process.
- Reviewed existing IT processes to identify areas of improvements & enhancements.
- Liaised between IT and business to gather & validate requirements on different levels of projects.
- Captured requirements by leading meetings with Management, End users and other Stake-holders, and created business requirements documents.
- Performed systems and process analyses by constructing workflow diagrams; studying system capabilities; and writing systems specifications.
- Designed and implemented the Incident and Change management processes for the Information Systems department for tracking the resolution of issues and executing changes effectively.
- Designed and managed the implementation of the IT Service Management tool (Adservio) to support the incident management process. The implementation was done to improve the quality of service delivery by reducing the turn-around-time it takes to resolve incidents.
- Successfully implemented multiple IT projects with budget ranging from $50K to $500K, while also managing cross functional team members
- Created project plans that communicate tasks, milestone delivery and resource allocation.
- Monitored project progress by tracking activity; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Wrote and maintained user documentation; provided application support; and trained end-users.
Software QA Analyst
- Reengineered the design of the Company’s Warehouse Inventory Management system which was later implemented as an Oracle ERP module.
- Coordinated Testing with Business Units and Technical teams and liaise with auditors to communicate status and address findings during audits.
- Identified test requirements from specifications, mapped test case requirements and developed UAT plan.
- Developed, and maintained functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, for the in-house software development.
- Facilitated UAT sessions with cross-functional team members.
- Interacted with development, and other technical support teams to prepare quality checklist that ensures the integrity of Information that is produced by our systems and as a guideline for external auditors.
Trainee System Analyst
- Wrote software specifications and maintain software applications.
- Met with internal customers to gather user requests for different features to improve system speed, performance and usability.
- Conducted system tests, troubleshoot customer issues and correct software defects.
- Created user manuals and project documentation, and developed prototypes for new software solutions.
- Acted as an IT focal point for all information within a project.
- Maintenance of applications, ensuring issues and risks are escalated when appropriate.