- Five years of experience in phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Methodologies such as Agile(Scrum), Waterfall, and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Experience as a Financial Business Analyst with strong understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling and Business Analysis.
- Have good understanding with entire phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in business architecture and Service - oriented Architecture.
- Experience with business writing skills in writing Business requirements document, Use Case Specifications, Functional Requirement Specifications, Software Design Specification, Software Requirements Specification.
- Experience in Competitive Analysis, Data Analysis, Gap Analysis and understanding of ROI Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Impact Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Business Modeling, and Use Case documentation using Unified Modeling Language.
- Highly proficient in interacting with business users, and using UML for Business Process Modeling, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Wireframe prototypes and documenting them using tools like Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose.
- Adept in Requirement Analysis and Design Specifications, and ability to prepare Requirements Traceability Matrix, User Requirements Document and User Requirements Specification.
- Prepared Functional Requirements Specification using Rational RequisitePro.
- Designed and reviewed test strategies, test cases, test scripts with QA/Dev teams and facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in Rally s Agile Portfolio Management Solution.
- Used Informatica Power Center for Extraction, Transformation of data from heterogeneous source systems. Used Trillium as a Data Cleansing tool to correct the data before loading into the staging area.
- Experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL database environment.
- Experience in analysis of AS-IS business process and TO-BE design process (Gap Analysis).
- Expert in test plans development and assisted in User Acceptance Testing, System Integration testing.
- Participated with QA team in different phases of testing such as System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Progression testing and Integration testing for quality analysis.
- Experience with ETL process from QA perspective, testing the aspects of ETL transformation using SQL.
- Able to effectively converse, relate and liaise with multifunctional teams, including business owner, stakeholders, managers, architects, developers and testers at all levels.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Team-player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OSX, Linux, Ubuntu
Languages: C, C++, SQL, Java, HTML, XML
Database: SQL Server, MS Access, My SQL, Teradata, Oracle
Testing and Reporting Tools: Quality Center 10.0, Informatica Power Center
Project Methodologies: Joint Application Development (JAD), UML, Agile Agile/Scrum, Waterfall.
Bug tracking and reporting: HP Quality Centre, Rational Clear Quest, Bugzilla, Hyperion, JIRA
Documentation Tools: MS Visio, MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point), DOORS
Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, RequisitePro.
Confidential, Groton, MA
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Decomposed BRD into User Stories by conducting a story writing session with product owner and user Acceptance Criteria.
- Incorporated Scrum Events Backlog refinement, Sprint Planning, stand up meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- As Scrum master facilitated Sprint Planning meeting, tracked team velocity and Sprint progress using Sprint Burn down Chart and Product Burn down Chart, conducted time boxed daily scrum meeting.
- Analyzed and designed customized data feeds to populate Perform with trade and securities data from diverse databases and the Security Data Master.
- Engaged Scrum teams and programs SME s to understand communicate status, priorities, risks and issues.
- Managed and monitored various scrum events through agile delivery process, worked closely with project manager, product owner and stakeholders to ensure their expectations are met.
- Performed extensive Gap analysis to identify the business rules and determine the risks and assisted the PM in budget and resource planning.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frame with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies
- Defined Acceptance Criteria for User Stories to perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Designed Test Cases, Test Plans and Test Scenarios to perform Functional Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing and logged down defects and systematically managed them in JIRA.
- Involved in UI enhancement and made Wireframes and Screen Mockups/Definitions and Dependencies.
- Created and transformed business requirements into software requirement specification (SRS).
- Worked extensively in Agile methodology for effective software development to deliver business value while incorporating constantly changing requirements
- Managed User Acceptance Testing (UAT), including the review of requirements documentation, authoring, and executing test cases, tracking defects, validating test results and creating supporting documentation with a focus on detail transaction processing.
- Participate in all semi - annual release client events by providing subject matter expertise during Webinars or live events.
- Participated and contributed in daily scrums, Sprint meeting and Sprint review meetings.
- Coordinated with the test team to check the weekly status and report the same to the project manager.
- Performed system and regression testing by creating test plans and test cases to ensure all the functional requirements are met and valid.
- Defined key facts and dimensions necessary to support the ETL mapping documents
- Played a key role in formulation of strategies for ETL (extraction, transforming & loading) of data from source to target.
- Used JIRA for issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability
Environment: RUP, UML, Jira, ETL, MS SQL Server, MS Visio, MS office suite, Windows, MS SharePoint, Agile, Rational Requisite Pro
Confidential, SaltLakeCity, UT
- Conducted JAD Sessions with the subject matter experts, stakeholders and other management teams in the finalization of the User Requirement Documentation.
- Worked closely with business teams in gathering and developing business requirements.
- Participated in status meeting and requirement walkthroughs.
- Created sample Wire frames to make system better understood by Business and Technology teams
- Performed GAP analysis to meet the end state requirements.
- Created AS - IS and TO-BE business process flow diagrams, integrate process flow diagrams to show end-to-end business model and process mapping exercise including swim lanes.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams, using UML.
- Worked closely with Quality Assurance and development teams to clarify and understand the functionality to resolve issues and provide feedback in terms of the test matrices and to solve the defects.
- Created reports from modules using business Objects and Crystal Reports based upon business requirements
- Assist the QA personnel in the creation of Test Cases using Rational Test Manager.
- Preparing BRD, business Cases, and presentation to the clients, business Re-engineering proposals.
- Deflected the impact of multiple report requests from the business Intelligence users.
- Wrote SQL queries to test the database backend. Assisted and Participated in conceptual and logical data modeling of the databases.
- Participated in System Test reviews, development design reviews and usability studies.
- Helped in Manual Testing. Also, involved in Regression testing using QTP.
- Conducted UAT, developed quality procedures documentation adhering business rules.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and enhancement system request based on business needs considering deadlines.
- Worked with database developers to identify and resolve Bottleneck and Performance issues.
- Project manages all technical aspects of project applying SDLC processes.
- Created Solution Specifications Document and Requirement Traceability Metrics.
- Created Functional documents with test case guidance.
- Worked with Project Managers and end users to discuss and decide the business goals and strategies of the project.
- Prepared estimation sheets and requirements as well as defined timelines for each individual object.
- Played key role in System Development Life Cycle Process consisting of Design and Gap Analysis, Business Requirements, Systems Requirements, Test Criteria, and Implementation of User P Dashboard.
- Created and ran SQL queries to gather data from multiple sources for executive review reports.
- Collaborate with Business Unit to plan, design, develop and implement new reports.
- Ensure requests from Business Unit are responded to promptly, appropriately and accurately.
- Perform Data analysis and Data mapping.
- Conducted team meetings and prepared meeting notes using Confluence.
Environment: SDLC, Agile, UML, Jira, Clear Quest, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS SQL Server
- Gathered Business and Data related high - level requirements and expanded them to low-level functional requirements.
- Conducted several JAD sessions with the SME to gather Functional and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Documented the minutes of meeting details and did follow-ups with the members as discussed in the session.
- Conducted one-to-one interview with other stakeholders in order to know the system requirements and functionality, data to be extracted from the Line of Business (LOB), and data elements for Reporting purposes.
- Performed Impact Analysis on the system with variations in Stress, Load, and Performance and documented.
- Performed GAP Analysis from the old system to the new and created a separate document for it.
- Performed Data Analysis, created data mapping and data interface documents and kept the documents updated with changes in requirements and functional specifications.
- Assisted Data Modeler in designing the System. Validated data in terms of its Completeness and Correctness.
- Created process flow diagrams for better understanding and reviews.
- Documented all the Business and Data requirements in BRDs, FRDs, NFRDs, Use Cases and UML Diagrams.
- Documented high-level scenarios to guide the testing teams. Also created Requirement Traceability Matrix for Developers and Testers.
- Acted as a Liaison between various technical, functional teams and stakeholders
- Conducted Requirement gathering sessions and documented them in JIRA.
- Create epics, user stories and plan sprints, and distribute tasks across the development team using JIRA.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts to identify, understand and document business needs for the data flow.
- Assisted the UAT team in developing the Test Cases, executing them and summarizing it for final sign off.
- Gathered business requirements from the managers through JAD sessions
- Analyzed the reports for Risk monitoring and prepared a GAP analysis report
- Developed Use Cases to capture different scenarios of risks involved in various products
- Prepared test data XML from mapping document
- Performed GAP and Risk analysis of existing system and evaluated benefits of new system.
- Implemented and monitored Individual Development Plans focusing on total performance, including both quality and productivity.
- Analyzed the business and functional requirements of the application and developed detailed test plans, test cases in Test Director
- Participated in the team meetings to discuss the issues arising out of testing.
- Develop User Manuals, and Manuals as per Project Specifications and timelines.
- Developed Data Flow, Workflow, Process Flow, and Entity Relationship Diagrams in MS Visio
Environment: Jira, MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS-Project, Windows, Rational requisite Pro, SQL, SharePoint.
- Gathered Business and Data related high - level requirements and expanded them to low-level functional requirements.
- Documented requirements in MS-Word in the form of Epics and User stories.
- Gathered Business and Data related high-level requirements and expanded them to low-level functional requirements.
- Participated in walk through and review of requirements.
- Performed Functional, GUI, Regression, System Integration, User Acceptance, Configuration and content testing for web-based ECommerce application and Content Management System.
- Worked with SME's in Finance, Investment, Commercial and Personal banking to collect the Business process requirements, documented them in Business Requirement Document.
- Created the SQL scripts for demonstrating the prototypes and for verifying the result sets
- Worked with Business owners, Credit Derivatives and Fixed Income Derivatives Business Intelligence, IT and other stakeholders in creating a content management solution for managing the information.
- Tested application security features, including session expiry, book marking, passwords and compatibility across multiple browser types and encryption levels.
- Conducted UAT to confirm that all derivative products can be successfully processed through stages of the trade life cycle
- Performed extensive data modeling to differentiate between the OLTP and Data Warehouse data models
- Created Business Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Specification document, User Requirement Specification and Change Request document for system application development.
- Used SQL Server 2005 tools like Management Studio, Query Editor, Business Intelligence Development Studio including SSIS and SSRS.
- Worked with Product Owners to identify current processes and created business Process Flow diagrams.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for testing and report/data validation
- Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required to populate and maintain data warehouse content.
Environment: RUP, UAT, GAD (Gap Analysis Document), MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Agile/Scrum, MS Project, Java, MS Power Point,, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Windows 2000,