- Business Analyst with 7+ years of experience in business process analysis/modeling, Healthcare business requirements gathering, database design and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications.
- Successful in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) using Rational Rose & MS Visio, Balsamic etc.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Visual Studio Team System for requirement management and work item tracking.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate - wide- ETL Solution using Informatica
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Process Diagram, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
- Expertise and vast knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehousing including Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Integration (ETL/ELT) and Business Intelligence.
- Experienced in conducting Requirement Analysis, Use Case Design, Designing Test Plans and developed database schemas based on the logical models.
- Experience with designing and verifying databases on Oracle and SQL Server RDBMS using Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERD).
- Met with multi-level vendor management staff to evaluate compliance and propose strategies to improve operational plans. produced financial and media plans and forecasts
- Develop and deliver compliance and risk management .
- I am experienced in leading globally distributed teams across multiple time zones, have managed using both onshore/offshore project models, and AGILE and Waterfall methodologies
- Good experience of working with the QA methodologies and processes.
- Worked extensively on various salesforce.com standard objects like Accounts, Contacts, opportunities, Products, Price books, Cases, Leads, Campaigns, Reports and Dashboards.
- Proficient in developing and executing Test Procedures, Test plans, Test scripts, test result validation, performing functional, usability, stress testing and ensuring that the software meets the system requirements.
- Highly experience in ETL data conversion, mapping, and setting up integration services, collect performance data for performance tuning
- Used various sources to pull data into Power BI such as SQL Server, Oracle.
- Wrote calculated columns, Measures query's in power BI desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Participated in all phases of the SDLC of the application.
- Built metric reports and identified the formulas and functionality of the dashboard reports and digitizing the metric dashboards with Power BI service.
- Experience in development methodologies like AGILE and Waterfall.
- Experience working as Joint Application Development (JAD) facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Data Analysis using Oracle as a backend and TOAD as the querying interface.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements. Involved in Web services testing using Restful Framework. Validated request and response XML. Added assertions to validate the XML in RESTFUL service.
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, Data Warehousing concepts and web design and development.
- I am an accomplished Sr. level SQL developer with significant expertise developing functional and exciting business intelligence solutions.
- Experience as Software Implementation Analyst for small to medium client companies
- Working knowledge of implementing software development projects using methodologies such as Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, and Agile/Scrum.
- Expertise in data driven testing and setting parameters with the Performance Session Scripts.
- Performed SQL queries for ETL jobs.
- Used the MS Power BI and Tableau 9.0 Desktop to create Dashboards and Reports
- Worked with REST API and JSON and was also involved in exposing the web service.
- Involved in working with QA and development teams in post-production support to resolve the user reported issues.
Business Skills: Waterfall, Agile, Requirements Elicitation, User stories, Wireframes, Process Flows & Use-Case Diagrams, FRD, Root-cause analysis, Gap Analysis, Workflows and data mapping documents, UAT, Power BI, Tableau, iGraphx, Vendor management, Social Media Management, Facebook Ads, Google Docs
Operating Systems: Windows, MacOS, Linux, Android, iOS
Languages: C/C#, Java Script, HTML, XML/XSD, SQL /PL SQL
Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Requisite Pro, ClearQuest, MS Outlook, SPS, ClearCase, DOORS, MS Access, MS Visio, SAP Business Objects, HP ALM (QC), Jira, Confluence, Rally, SOAP UI, RESTFUL
Reporting Tools: TABLEAU Power BI, Crystal Reports, SAP
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 /7.0 , MS-Access 97/2000/2003 , PL/SQL, MS SQL
DATAWAREHOUSING: SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), OLAP, OLTP, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader
Sr Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Interacting with the stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Primary tester for all websites, as well as assisted in mobile application testing on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Created business process workflow diagrams (Activity diagrams) in Microsoft Visio.
- Created workflow, process diagram and GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Proficiency in developing SSIS packages to implement ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) process with various data sources (flat files, Excel, SQL server database, Oracle database, Hadoop)
- Verified all aspects of web and mobile applications ensuring it's up to client's high-quality standards
- Execution and reporting of web based, client server and mobile application
- Process payments in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains compliance with all national and local financial reporting regulations including FASB as well executing extensive knowledge of GAAP.
- Identified, implemented, and developed foreign exchange market sales in Los Angeles.
- Achieve success enhancing business development focusing on Treasury Management key strategic initiatives, identification of trends, and initiation of appropriate action plans while increasing business exposure to target markets.
- Performed limited credit checks on all Beta testing accounts to ensure all accounts met minimum programming requirements.
- Excellent hands on experience with SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- I test our mobile application and website for bugs and errors. I provide details, including recordings and reproduction steps, to our developers so they are able to correct the problem. updated FIS Project Schedules. Coordinated with FIS resources to support Requirements gathering, Design and Development, Test planning and execution, Implementation and Post Implementation support.
- Excellent experience as Scrum Master to work directly with Product Owner and Cross Functional teams to develop a product in timely manner such as lead and facilitate all agile ceremonies which include, creating product backlog, Backlog grooming, Sprint planning, release backlog, issue tracking and escalation as needed.
- Cultivated a success methodology by developing a pipeline of opportunity and strategic selling techniques for Treasury Management direction for Dealer Finance line of business.
- Documented project requirements and correspondence relating to client's implementation
- Introduced Agile methodologies to reflect liquid nature of front-office improving time-to-market
- Gathering business requirements from customer, preparing the technical design and conveying the rqmts and design to the offshore (India) development team.
- Doing quality Assurance using Swift MT/MX, ISO20022, TWIST & doing Normalization & Renormalization of tables.
- Created Use-Cases and Business Use-Case Model after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes
- Experience with ETL, SQL and Data Mapping tools.
- Designed Data Flow Diagrams (DFD’s), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD’s), and web page mock ups using modeling tools.
- Involved in modules which provides robust monitoring and validation to ensure regulatory and NACHA processing compliance.
- Supported the foreign exchange sales desk, facilitating foreign business trades
- Involved in agile ceremonies, backlog grooming session, daily stand up, and retrospective meetings.
- Utilized Agile/ SCRUM and PMI methodologies to monitor, steer and develop project objectives.
- Conceptualized primary process flow diagrams using Microsoft Visio and Case Wise tool sets.
- Documented functional specifications for multiple components for achieving the ability to send and receive currency or cash via various Electronic Funds Transfer System (EFT) such as CHIPS and ACH.
- Assist external clients in the implementation of software and technical systems through a combination of web development, back end coding, and advertising tools and software.
- Customized and tested client systems for accuracy, comfort, and compliance for all employees. Trained client administrators and supervisors in accurate and efficient use of their system for all employees. Addressed payroll and system issues for client throughout the project timeline.
- Created test plan and test cases for user acceptance testing. Used Rational testing tools.
- Conducted informal Sessions to develop an architectural solution that the application meets the business requirements, resolve open issues, and change requests.
- Designed and developed various Informatica mappings using transformations like Expression, Aggregator, External Procedure, Stored Procedure, Lookup, Filter, Joiner, Rank, Router, Update Strategy and XML.
- Performed Feasibility Analysis and Risk Analysis on vendor/third party tools.
- Assured that all Artifacts are following corporate AGILE Policies and guidelines.
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and enhancement/system requests based on business requirements, allowing.
- Developed ETL technical specs, Visio for ETL process flow and ETL load plan, ETL execution plan, Test cases, Test scripts etc.
- Provide sales consulting services to Fintech and Payment technology firms consulting enabling them to enter new markets, acquire new clients and grow revenue rapidly thru the acquisition of new client logos.
- Worked as Informatica Lead for ETL projects to Design, Develop Informatica mappings.
- Extensive knowledge in Tuning SQL queries & improving the performance of the Database
- Worked with REST & SOAP webservices.
- Used swagger to document the API’s and functional docs. Created API Specification documents, JSON Documents & API Data contracts.
- Involved in the post production support after the release and worked with the QA and development team to rectify user reported issues.
- Involved in Root Cause sessions to identify the post production bugs and include the relevant teams to brainstorm the solution.
Senior Health care Business System Analyst
- Used agile software development methodology in defining the problem, gathering requirements, development iterations, business modeling and communication with the technical team for development of the system.
- Worked closely with medical management, claims, provider services and member service team to understand their day to day operations and identify gap analysis.
- Curate and manage all published content for the Confidential .
- Led in company growth and marketing efforts utilizing Social Media marketing, SEO, organizing special events and promotions to grow brand awareness.
- Facilitated requirement workshops with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify business rules and requirements and document them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people. Involved in converting existing business requirements into User Stories and created business process models from same documents.
- Participated in Daily Agile Scrum "Stand-up", Biweekly Sprint Planning and Retrospective Sessions and update the team on status of upcoming User Stories.
- Created Data/Process Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Use Cases Diagrams using UML methodologies for easy understanding.
- Created SSIS packages to load data into SQL Server using various transformations in SSIS
- Participated in Product Backlog Grooming Sessions and assisted the PO in slicing epics into stories and then prioritizing the stories.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Worked with the ETL developer to create Source to stage and Stage to Target Data mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules and logic to be applied by developing and executing SQL queries.
- Facilitated meetings between development and technical team in deciding the batch processing method for extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) the data into target database using MS SSRS.
- Wrote test plan and executed various levels of User Acceptance Test, Regression and Integration Testing using test cases to prove that the system conformed to specifications of business and quality requirements.
- Involved in the post production support after the release and worked with the QA and development team to rectify user reported issues.
Sr Business Systems Analyst
- Collaborated with Product Owner / Stakeholder, SME, developers and quality assurance team assurance by conducting requirement workshop sessions and 1:1 interview to gather requirements.
- Prepared project vision and project scope document along with the scrum master and other team members.
- Business process review sessions, solution design & configuration, data interfaces & data migration, & 3rd party vendor analysis for software deployment services with Salesforce. com
- Scheduled and conducted interviews with business users, reviewed systems environment and functionality, researched and analyzed business processes and obtained signoffs.
- Engaged in Salesforce. com UAT sessions
- Designed and developed project document templates based on Scrum to manage deliverables and expedite product release.
- Wrote user stories and acceptance criteria for the Analytics applications.
- Managed and prioritized user stories using JIRA. Worked with the development team to identify blockers and provide resolution.
- Created Use Case diagrams and documents, Work Flows to explain the functionality of the system.
- Conducted requirement workshop sessions with business users and Subject matter expert and stakeholders to define project scope, to identify the business workflows and determine whether any current or proposed systems are impacted by the new development efforts.
- Used MS Visio and Lucid Charts for Use Case Flow Diagram and Design Documentation.
- Created a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM); kept a track of product backlog, sprint backlog, and time estimates using agile tools like JIRA.
- Analyzed API (SOAP and REST API's); validated XML, identified enhancement features.
- Used Swagger to document the API and functional documentation.
- Provided management support to the off-shore End to End integration/ Regression Test Team.
- Performed Data Analysis, Data Integrity and Data validation tests by writing SQL queries and responsible for downstream impact to the data warehouse.
- Created data flow diagrams, data mapping from Source to stage and Stage to Target mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations rules required, data definitions and business rules to be applied.
- Developed views, functions, stored procedures, and packages using T-SQL to transform data between source staging area to target staging area.
- Performed SQL queries for data validation and data manipulation operations.
- Work closely with the reporting team to support the design, development, and QA to build Reports and Dashboards, while working with the business to understand requirements and assist with the roll out of new and enhanced reports.
- Coordinated UAT with the business and QA Team for testing activities across multiple systems and managed Conversion test execution.
- Managed the QA and development team and helped them understand the requirement and to follow the agile methodologies.
- Involved in “root cause” identification sessions to identify the user reported bugs and rectify them as soon as possible.
Business System Analyst
- Interacted with end users, Business and IT to troubleshoot various functional areas of the project.
- Worked extensively with SMEs, business users and technical leads in understanding and documenting their requirements pertaining to the credit card authorization process, approvals, credit risk management and determining interest rates.
- Conducted extensive Business Process Mapping that considered the objectives of the business, the actual work being accomplished, and, most importantly, the impact of processes on credit card customers. Incorporated credit risk analysis mechanisms into the application to reduce risk of defaults on loans.
- Used Business Process Modeling Language (BPML) as meta language and Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) to draw Business Process Workflows.
- Used Agile Methodology in collecting requirements and sending them for development, which was carried using an iterative approach.
- Was involved in customizing the functionalities and designing custom reports using MS Excel
- Experience in collecting requirements and designing prototypes using MS Visio and Axure. This helped the business in better understanding proposed changes.
- Completes annual vendor due diligence reviews, determines risk ratings & potential liability ensuring vendor relationships are monitored & meet industry standards.
- Co-authored business requirements document with project teams. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and team members.
- Developed and implemented processes and tools for requirements gathering, Analysis, planning, tracking and delivery using Rational Rose, requisite pro and RUP
- Worked extensively with accounts payable & receivable.
- Developed database model/tables for the backend database.
- Transforming requirements from MS Excel to new repository using Requisite Pro & MS Excel.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Worked extensively with Developers to gather technical requirements for the front end of the application where the front end was made using JAVA, J2ME and HTML
- Collaborated with the testing team to develop the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in manual testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Used Waterfall software methodology in gathering requirements for automating and streamlining order processes for the business.
- Gathered requirements from the business team, IT team, end users (both internal and external) using interviews, survey questionnaires, feedback questionnaires, on site visits and requirement gathering meetings.
- Created Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data flow Diagrams using UML modeling tools like MS Visio.
- Attend to customers, clients and different vendors.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the end users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests to change or upgrade the business specifications for the product and ensure that the developers were updated.
- Conducted Data Analysis to identify critical areas for testing
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to make sure that all the business requirements were catered to the application.
- Performed Defect/Bug tracking and logged down defects in Defect Log and systematically managed them and made sure they were solved in the next release.
- Identified technical error scenarios and created user friendly messages.
- Created Knowledge Articles and Items which are FAQ's written for Call Center Representatives.
- Led business initiatives including brainstorming on new functionality for current systems.